5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

The frame won't advance if you take an extra step—it only advances for every 128 steps. So as long as you take at least 128 steps inside the house (and less than say 255) you'll still hit the same frame.
Ah, good to know. I'm still trying to learn all the fundamentals here. Thanks for the help.

The frame won't advance if you take an extra step—it only advances for every 128 steps. So as long as you take at least 128 steps inside the house (and less than say 255) you'll still hit the same frame.
And hopefully advance the frame again? The step counter does not reset. Your better off with 128 steps.

I believe it doesn't count when the game makes you walk.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Actually I've had issues with that. It is completely possible to advance the frame twice with 129 steps. The thing is somewhere between 1 and 128 steps will advance (1 * party members) and then somewhere between 129 and 256 will advanced you again.

And hopefully advance the frame again? The step counter does not reset. Your better off with 128 steps.

I believe it doesn't count when the game makes you walk.
I'll simply assume the forced step doesn't count. Thanks again for the replies. Still trying to generate a seed in Time Finder that has HP Ice (for a Roamer). I'm using the Standard Method. For those that actually care, my DS Parameters are:

Version: White (US)
MAC: 001656EF81A8
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7F

TID: 19908
SID: 36820

My poor computer and its RAM doesn't do well with the Time Finder. Takes a loooooooong time to go through a month. Of course I'm also looking for a flawless seed. So that probably doesn't help in the old search department.

When I go to get my zoroa, what frame will the IVs come from? and doe sit read from the current PID frame or one further ahead?

also, the same question but for breeding...

Actually I've had issues with that. It is completely possible to advance the frame twice with 129 steps. The thing is somewhere between 1 and 128 steps will advance (1 * party members) and then somewhere between 129 and 256 will advanced you again.
Ahh I see what you mean. I haven't had an issue with that, but I've never taken too many extra steps. So your step counter doesn't reset when you turn off the game is what I'm getting from that? Maybe I'll try to take 127 steps and test it for myself.

I'm having some trouble figuring out my PID frame. I'm trying to catch a Jolly Mienfoo with Inner Focus (Ability 0) in Dragonspiral Tower 1F. I'm not using a synchronizer because 1) I need to carry only 2 pokemon in party to hit my frame, and I'm already using my Spore/False Slash Breloom and a Sweet Scenter, and 2) I want to figure out exactly how the PID advancement works.

I walked into the tower and used a super repel, walked exactly 72 steps (128 steps left on the repel) and then saved. When I start the game and manage to hit the correct seed/Timer0 value (which I'm getting better at), I run 128 steps until my repel expires. If I immediately sweet scent after that, I catch a Modest Mienfoo, Female, with Regenerator (Ability 1). I've confirmed this multiple times to make sure.

The initial post says that each step in areas with wild pokemon as well as saves both increase the PID frame by 1, but I'm not getting equivalent results. When I take an extra step and then sweet scent, I catch a Careful Druddigon, Male, with Ability 1. When I save and then sweet scent, I catch a Gentle Mienfoo, Female, with Ability 1.

Confirmed all their IVs to make sure I was on the same seed/frame each time.

Seed: 31C26DE43F5FEB92

Any ideas?

EDIT: While I'm at it, is there a page that lists the ESVs for each area like there was for the Gen IV games?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
I switched seeds and found another issue. I'm told I'm supposed to get 31/31/31/15/31/31 by RNGReporter and I actually get 31/31/31/14/31/31. There has to be some sort of an issue with the Roamer algorithm.

I need help regarding Standard Abuse. I've already found my DS Parameters and my seed as well. But when I will gonna hit my seed by pressing the A button at the right second to enter the game, I still seem can't hit my seed, why is that? I entered the game at the right second, and I also hold a button that is said on the KeyPress Combo. I only rarely hit my seed (but failing at catching the Pokemon), but most of the time, I'm hitting a different seed. Here's my DS Parameters by the way:

DS Type: DS Lite
DS MAC Address: 001F3202B46C
Timer0: C7E

Is this something to do with the Timer0?

Thanks! :)

Question: I'm trying to catch a Duosion with IVs of 31/31/30/30/31/0(Trying for a Trick Roomer with HP Fire). I ended up instead catching a Pawniard. No biggie, I'll just keep trying until I find a Duosion instead.

What's confusing me is this: the IVs are exactly as my seed predicted they would be. However, I have the Shiny Only box checked, and the Pawniard I caught isn't shiny. I kind of figured that if I got the IVs correct I'd also get a shiny(and if I missed, everything would be off).

Seed is 4C99B8768A52D6D5, if that helps at all.

Question: I'm trying to catch a Duosion with IVs of 31/31/30/30/31/0(Trying for a Trick Roomer with HP Fire). I ended up instead catching a Pawniard. No biggie, I'll just keep trying until I find a Duosion instead.

What's confusing me is this: the IVs are exactly as my seed predicted they would be. However, I have the Shiny Only box checked, and the Pawniard I caught isn't shiny. I kind of figured that if I got the IVs correct I'd also get a shiny(and if I missed, everything would be off).

Seed is 4C99B8768A52D6D5, if that helps at all.
It's not that simple. IVs and PID/shininess aren't connected anymore. You have to also advance to the Shiny PID Frame. You find this by entering that entire seed into the main window and going to Methtod 5 PIDRNG.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I switched seeds and found another issue. I'm told I'm supposed to get 31/31/31/15/31/31 by RNGReporter and I actually get 31/31/31/14/31/31. There has to be some sort of an issue with the Roamer algorithm.
Or, you know, you could have screwed up your IV-finding process. I can guarantee you it's that.

p.s. we can't actually tell you how wrong you are if you don't post the seed or stats of the Pokemon you caught.

I need help regarding Standard Abuse. I've already found my DS Parameters and my seed as well. But when I will gonna hit my seed by pressing the A button at the right second to enter the game, I still seem can't hit my seed, why is that? I entered the game at the right second, and I also hold a button that is said on the KeyPress Combo. I only rarely hit my seed (but failing at catching the Pokemon), but most of the time, I'm hitting a different seed. Here's my DS Parameters by the way:

DS Type: DS Lite
DS MAC Address: 001F3202B46C
Timer0: C7E

Is this something to do with the Timer0?

Thanks! :)
Try redoing your parameter search with the button held down, at that time. I think you'll find that the Timer0 increased by 1, which is why RNG Reporter now allows you to specify a min\max Timer0 when searching.

It's not that simple. IVs and PID/shininess aren't connected anymore. You have to also advance to the Shiny PID Frame. You find this by entering that entire seed into the main window and going to Methtod 5 PIDRNG.
Do you also have to check the "Shiny Only" box when generating the PIDs? I'm just not sure how to figure out which PIDs are shiny if I generate the PIDs based on the IV seed.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Or, you know, you could have screwed up your IV-finding process. I can guarantee you it's that.

p.s. we can't actually tell you how wrong you are if you don't post the seed or stats of the Pokemon you caught.
Seed: 759745BCAFB548CA

Stats for my Tornadus at level 40:
125/119/73/110/72/106
naughty
often dozes off

I used a few rare candies to increment the levels and according to http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx the IVs I posted were correct.

I'm having problems doing non c-gear egg IV abuse.
I'm using DSTWO on a DS lite and have been getting consistent DS Parameters with it (all 6 tries gave me the same results). The same codes were enabled (IV/EV check, 100% catch rate, fast egg hatch) when looking for DS parameters and RNG for egg IVs in case the codes affect the parameters in any way.

Seed: 5925FFD955C48E35
Frame: 8
Date/Time: 04/27/2011 19:31:42
KeyPress: Up
IV spread: 31/31/31/27/31/31

DS Parameters
VCount: 38
Timer0: 75A
VFrame: 15
actual seconds: +7

Adamant Ditto@everstone with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs.
Adamant Male Timburr with 31/31/31/4/28/31 IVs.

The steps I took were:
- Deposit the parents, ran around till an egg was produced.
- I save inside the daycare building, one step up from the door and facing the door.
- I set the DS date and clock to 04/27/2011 19:31:00, giving me enough time to select the game from DSTWO's menu
- I select the game at 19:31:35 (+7 to give me 19:31:42), press and hold Up all the way till the nintendo logo is shown.
- I enter the game without turning on c-gear
- Since the frame for my spread is 8 and eggs start at the 8th frame, I do not need to do any IV frame advancements.
- I press down to exit the building, while holding Left and spamming A so that I pick up the egg as soon as possible.
- I then hatch the egg to check the IVs.

The IV spreads that I kept getting were 27/22/31/27/31/31 or 31/31/23/14/31/1. As I know both parents have 31 IVs in both HP and Atk (31Spe for second spread), it means I either did not hit the correct seed or frame.
However, when I checked nearby frames under 'Method 5 (Standard Seed)', I do not see a 27HP/22Atk spread (or 1Spe) anywhere near it. Adjacent seeds (with 1 second or 1 timer0 off) also did not show such a spread.

I made sure I selected 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)' under the encounter type when generating and looking for seeds too.

Is there anything I missed out or am doing wrong?
Anyone knows anything about this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seed: 759745BCAFB548CA

Stats for my Tornadus at level 40:
125/119/73/110/72/106
naughty
often dozes off

I used a few rare candies to increment the levels and according to http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx the IVs I posted were correct.
The other possibility is that you totally read RNG Reporter wrong.

Seed 759745BC (only the first half is used for the IVRNG) shows 31\31\31\14\31\31, not the 31\31\31\15\31\31 like you said it said.

No answer for this?
The pokemon you encounter is based around the ESV (Encounter Slot Value) for the particular PID frame that you hit. Different areas will give different pokemon for different ESVs. Without a full chart, it's pretty much trial and error until you figure out which ESVs will hit the pokemon that you need, but once you know which ones they are you can try to find a PID frame that matches with the appropriate ability or nature.

Also, thanks in advance to anyone that answers my previous, somewhat lengthy question about PID advancement. :)

No answer for this?
Yes.. but you have to find out your starting PID Frame first. Once you know that, you go down the list with your full seed inserted in Method 5 PIDRNG and find the nature you want (will be easy if you have a Synch), then see if the Encounter Slot matches with the Pokemon you want. You simply right click on the frame and click on "Calculate Encounter Slots." This will then show a number, and you match that number with the following table from this post:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3383858&postcount=684

So looking at that table, if I wanted a Mienfoo to appear outside of Dragonspiral Tower, the encounter slot for the PID frame would have to be 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10. Once you find that frame, you advance to it by either saving or the Chatot method listed in the first post of the thread.

Edit: Also forgot to add that Regenerator is Ability 1.. so the Frame you find should also have Ability 1.

Edit2: I believe there are a ton of NPCs around Dragonspiral Tower which may make it difficult to predict PID frames. If you're gonna try this, I suggest going to the 1st or 3rd floor of Victory Road.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
May be a bit out there, but...is there a way to accurately predict an encounter with a certain Pokemon? I'm trying to encounter a Mienfoo with Regenerator outside of Dragonspiral Tower...
Dude, the encounter charts are in RNG Reporter. Right click on a PIDRNG frame and click Calculate Encounter Slots. They are accurate for wild grass Pokemon (not shaking spots, but Mienfoo isn't one of them).

Though I need to fix that table to make it clear that the first column in the table is slot 0, the second slot 1, etc.

It's not that simple. IVs and PID/shininess aren't connected anymore. You have to also advance to the Shiny PID Frame. You find this by entering that entire seed into the main window and going to Method 5 PIDRNG.
Okay, I did that and the minimum frame is 4626(holy crap). Advancing this frame is when I would do that Chatot crap, right? Also, it's giving me a specific nature(Careful) for that frame. Am I locked into that, or will using a Synchronizer possibly improve my odds of getting a different nature?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
The other possibility is that you totally read RNG Reporter wrong.

Seed 759745BC (only the first half is used for the IVRNG) shows 31\31\31\14\31\31, not the 31\31\31\15\31\31 like you said it said.
I guess there's a discrepancy between the Time Finder and the Main Form.

Thanks for those ESV tables. I'm using PPRNG for Mac, not RNG Reporter, so if those tables are built in there I apologize. I was finding the ESVs for each pokemon in the areas I needed by trial and error.

Still wondering about PID advancement, steps vs saves re: my recent post.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Okay, I did that and the minimum frame is 4626(holy crap). Advancing this frame is when I would do that Chatot crap, right? Also, it's giving me a specific nature(Careful) for that frame. Am I locked into that, or will using a Synchronizer possibly improve my odds of getting a different nature?
Redo your search in the Time Finder with Method 5 (Standard Seed). If you check the Shiny Only check box and enter your ID\SID, and enter a number in the Max Shiny Frame box, it will restrict the results to only IV spreads that also have a nearby shiny frame on the same seed.

If the nature is bolded in Time Finder, it can be Synchronized. In the main window, if the nature changes when you select a nature from the Synchronize drop-down box, it can be Synchronized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)