Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

2v2 Doubles
No Recovery Moves/3 Chills per 'mon
5 Day DQ
Arena:
The Courtroom-

The Courtroom is a rather large room inside the San Fransisco Court Offices. It is famous for having battles of the mind between attorneys like Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth. Due to it being a courtroom, while battling, either trainer get's 3 chances to use the various commands.

To use the OBJECTION!!! command each trainer must post

If they do so, they will prevent one round's worth of actions, at the cost of 10 Health and 15 Energy.

They can also yell the NOT SO FAST!!! command by posting

If they do so, they will deal 10 damage at the cost of 10 Energy, regardless of what condition their Pokemon is in (so if the 'mon is statused, the command takes precedence).

Finally, a trainer can use the HOLD IT!!! command by posting

In doing so, they will regenerate whatever Health and Energy they lost that round at the cost of not being able to use a round's worth of actions (so the opposite of the OBJECTION!!! command).

Be advised though, that this a match of wits, not brawn. Try to use Pokemon who can take advantage of this or else the Judge won't be happy!!
<-He's nodding in agreement.

Tag Doubles, 3 Pokemon per player (6 per team, 2 players per team)
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
3 Day Player DQ, 5 Day Ref DQ

One evolved Pokemon per player (can't lead with it)
No evolutions during the match unless an Evolved Pokemon is on the field.

ARENA: Basic Circle Pit

A 50-foot-deep, 100-foot across circular hole in the ground. The top of the hole is covered by a grate; Pokemon can't get out, but weather can get in. While the walls are completely solid, the floor is diggable up to 25 feet. Energy reservoirs in the walls allow the use of any sort of elemental attack, and the pit isn't caving in anytime soon.

PLAYERS: Mewtwo15026, Temperantia, RitterCat, Acklow

REF: Darkamber8828

NOTE: Evolved Pokemon Clause above counts ANYTHING that isn't a Basic. Charmeleon counts as Evolved, Charmander does not, for example.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<pic>

2v2 Doubles
No Recovery Moves/3 Chills per 'mon
5 Day DQ
Arena:
The Courtroom-

The Courtroom is a rather large room inside the San Fransisco Court Offices. It is famous for having battles of the mind between attorneys like Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth. Due to it being a courtroom, while battling, either trainer get's 3 chances to use the various commands.

To use the OBJECTION!!! command each trainer must post
<pic>

If they do so, they will prevent one round's worth of actions, at the cost of 10 Health and 15 Energy.

They can also yell the NOT SO FAST!!! command by posting
<pic>
If they do so, they will deal 10 damage at the cost of 10 Energy, regardless of what condition their Pokemon is in (so if the 'mon is statused, the command takes precedence).

Finally, a trainer can use the HOLD IT!!! command by posting

In doing so, they will regenerate whatever Health and Energy they lost that round at the cost of not being able to use a round's worth of actions (so the opposite of the OBJECTION!!! command).

Be advised though, that this a match of wits, not brawn. Try to use Pokemon who can take advantage of this or else the Judge won't be happy!!
<-He's nodding in agreement.

Sounds fun Acklow, I'll accept.
Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
I am implementing hell in myself just to ref this. I mean, I'm a Ace Attorney fanatic, so yeah, I need to ref this. PM teams!

I hope nobody took this already...

I have a very different, interesting match that i want to ref. I'm looking for some particpants.

The battle is basically a meelee battle (4-6 players) with many smaller battles in it. The most significant part is that the pokemon people are using and the actions of the pokemon are all a secret. So here is what the order would look like:

1. You PM me the poke you want to use
2. I PM you a map of the arena showing where your spawn point is
3. You PM me a path that you want your pokemon to travel in. While you travel, you can find items and face wild pokemon. You can also see other trainer's pokemon if they cross your path. The situation will then become a 1v1 battle. However, you can always run, but the success will depend on the situation an a little bit of RNG. Once you see another pokemon you know what their pokemon is. This info could be useful.
4. Once everybody has sent me their path, I will PM them back with a description of what happened while they went through the path.
5. The round then ends. When you know what happened in your path, you will either make a new path, or you will battle someone else.

Also, this game has another factor. If you have seen someone's pokemon, the knowledge of their pokemon choice, their health and their energy could be useful to another player. Perhaps you could bribe them to tell you by giving them an item you found. Or maybe you want someone to join a battle you're having with another player. But what if they turn on you? This is all stuff you could consider.

The arena will be a pretty big one. I'm thinking that maybe the FireRed safari zone with the old chateau and the galactic veilstone building inside. Anybody have an idea? Another idea I'm considering is showing the location of pokemon at the end of a round. It could be only a large area in which the pokemon is, or it may only be given every x number of rounds.

Keep in mind this is not a regular battle. It may go one for a month or two or it may not. Do not expect insta updates, that is not possible.

I was actually going to post something similar to this in a few days (mine is still quite a bit different, so, later I suppose)...

Well, I'm in, though it might be wise to discuss rewards as far as TCs and Ref Tokens with Deck, as this is going to be massively calculation and RP heavy compared to many of the more "normal" battle styles.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I promised I would join Mewtwo15026's battle. So I'm posting to say that I'm in.

Oh, and Flora, nobody has said they wanted to ref the match yet, so you get to be the lucky Referee!!! Alright, I'll PM you my team sometime tomorrow in the evening.

Issuing an open challenge:

2v2 Doubles
All Abilities
No Items
Arena: a basketball court

Note: I will not be using evolved pokes

anybody want to 1v1? (I'm using Numel so I would prefer no water pokemon if possible !!)

1v1 singles
no recovery/5 chills
2 day DQ

Arena: A dry rocky field

Looking for three battles

1v1 singles
No recovery/5 chills
2 day DQ
Arena: A filthy junkyard. Litter, old busted appliances and other various wastes cover the ground, providing potential cover but also dangerous hazards.

6v6
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: You can choose.

3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: An enclosed room of a factory. The fire alert system has been set off; an alarm sounds constantly, reducing the effectiveness of sound based moves, and the sprinklers are running constantly, essentially acting as rain.

Looking for a 3v3 battle
3 recoveries, 5 chills
4 day DQ
Arena: A blazing hot desert, with a few cactuses around. Permanent sunny day.

Also, repost:

I have a very different, interesting match that i want to ref. I'm looking for some particpants.

The battle is basically a meelee battle (4-6 players) with many smaller battles in it. The most significant part is that the pokemon people are using and the actions of the pokemon are all a secret. So here is what the order would look like:

1. You PM me the poke you want to use
2. I PM you a map of the arena showing where your spawn point is
3. You PM me a path that you want your pokemon to travel in. While you travel, you can find items and face wild pokemon. You can also see other trainer's pokemon if they cross your path. The situation will then become a 1v1 battle. However, you can always run, but the success will depend on the situation an a little bit of RNG. Once you see another pokemon you know what their pokemon is. This info could be useful.
4. Once everybody has sent me their path, I will PM them back with a description of what happened while they went through the path.
5. The round then ends. When you know what happened in your path, you will either make a new path, or you will battle someone else.

Also, this game has another factor. If you have seen someone's pokemon, the knowledge of their pokemon choice, their health and their energy could be useful to another player. Perhaps you could bribe them to tell you by giving them an item you found. Or maybe you want someone to join a battle you're having with another player. But what if they turn on you? This is all stuff you could consider.

The arena will be a pretty big one. I'm thinking that maybe the FireRed safari zone with the old chateau and the galactic veilstone building inside. Anybody have an idea? Another idea I'm considering is showing the location of pokemon at the end of a round. It could be only a large area in which the pokemon is, or it may only be given every x number of rounds.

Keep in mind this is not a regular battle. It may go one for a month or two or it may not. Do not expect insta updates, that is not possible.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a 3v3 battle
3 recoveries, 5 chills
4 day DQ
Arena: A blazing hot desert, with a few cactuses around. Permanent sunny day.
I'd like to ref this. When the Match Challenger posts to accept, both of you PM me your teams! (Hedwig new and shiny coming along? :naughty:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)