5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Why is it when I right click and select 'Adjacent Seeds (current frame)' in the timer finder for a particular seed, I get a different seed for the same Timer0 and date? Note the highlighted seeds.

I just tried to RNG a shiny Cobalon. I found out my start frame was 42 and the shiny PID was at frame 277. I did my advances and got the nature and IV's but no shinyness O.o I know my ID/SID is right as I've abused wild shiny pokémon with it, but is it anything weird with stationary encounters/legendary pokémon that I don't know about?

I'm very sure I didn't miss the frame as the closest jolly PID is at frames 232 and 294 (no sync) :/

Reposting for new page.
Don't see any reason why not, just turn in place and hope you hit whatever Pokemon you want (or I suppose if you're more proactive, mess around and figure out what encounter slots and such you're hitting; Sweet Scent isn't needed at all, and I've RNGed Pokemon over at the Desert Resort while the SS's been out without any problems. So unless Giant Chasm operates under a different mechanic I'm not aware of...?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is it when I right click and select 'Adjacent Seeds (current frame)' in the timer finder for a particular seed, I get a different seed for the same Timer0 and date? Note the highlighted seeds.

*snip*
Goddamn it, it wasn't doing that the last time I checked.

Thanks for the screenshots and bug report.

Goddamn it, it wasn't doing that the last time I checked.

Thanks for the screenshots and bug report.
To add on, copy and pasting either seed or full seed onto the main window and generating under 'Method 5 (Standard Seed)' with Gift Pokemon selected does not give me the correct IV spread on frame 8.
And another question, could that be one of the reasons why I'm not hitting the correct IV spread when RNGing for eggs but not for RNGing wild pokemon?

If you RNG the roamer when it first appears, you can control the IVs, but not the nature/shininess. And vice-versa if you RNG at the Elite Four.
The other RNG advances at 120 frames per second due to the rain/battle, right?
Has anyone tried using a timer to get the correct advancement for the other RNG (similar to RNGing in Emerald)? It should be possible, right?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm doing 540 turns now. I made a small mistake by make 1 step, what would that do to my PID frame? When I caught the Pokémon I saw it did have the right IV's, but when I checked it's nature/gender/ability, I found out he was 44 PID frames too high. Is that because of that 1 step?

Edit: When the minute chance while I'm advancing PID frame, does that advance my PID frame as well?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If you RNG the roamer when it first appears, you can control the IVs, but not the nature/shininess. And vice-versa if you RNG at the Elite Four.
The other RNG advances at 120 frames per second due to the rain/battle, right?
Has anyone tried using a timer to get the correct advancement for the other RNG (similar to RNGing in Emerald)? It should be possible, right?
It could have been blind luck, but i didn't even use a timer and got controllably consistent Natures just by spamming A to get through the sequence multiple times.

When trying to hit my seed, I noticed Adjacent Seeds (current frame) or (frame 1) also shows a different seed completely for the same Timer0 date and time, when I tried to find out what seed I hit Using the DS Parameter search I find that I was hitting a Timer0 of C7D instead of the usual C7C when holding Start.

That C7D show's up as a completely different seed though as well for the same time, under the Adjacent Seed Finders.

I almost always hit a Timer0 of C7C when holding nothing, and also when holding Right for other RNG I completed, but holding Start for this seed keeps giving me a Timer0 of C7D. I wonder if I'm going to have to check my Timer0's Parameter for each different type of button held.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to know how it is possible to catch shinies on B/W.
I have sucessfully abused 2 non shiny pokemon as of now, but I was wondering what do I have to do to encounter shiny pkmn?

I have downloaded beta 5 rng reporter and got my parameters in it.
Timer0 min was C7B and i pressed use results in time finder. I checked box with ds parameters in Time Finder and Timer0 max was C7B, is it ok?
If it is, all i need to do is generating ivs?

What kind of encounter type is Breeding? I thought it was gift pokemon, but I get something different. Is it still frame 8 or?

If I have a spread that's on frame 34 and a nearest shiny frame of 3, does that mean that I have to advance the PID 3 times after I get to frame 34?

Just a question, what do I need to know if I'm going to RNG abuse Wild Pokemon instead of Stationary ones?

What I have currently..
1. Syncrhonizers
2. My Seed, delay, spread.
3. Sweet Scenters.

My questions..
1. What are encounter slots and where could I find them?

I have a problem finding my Parameters for White. I have captured 2 Pokémon on 09-24-2011 at 12:14:49 with the Down Button pressed.

MAC Adress: 0009BFDF3BB1

IVs: 6/2/7/26/20/13
18/0/18/5/11/14

However, I get no results, I have used Sweet Scent though.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm doing 540 turns now. I made a small mistake by make 1 step, what would that do to my PID frame? When I caught the Pokémon I saw it did have the right IV's, but when I checked it's nature/gender/ability, I found out he was 44 PID frames too high. Is that because of that 1 step?

Edit: When the minute chance while I'm advancing PID frame, does that advance my PID frame as well?
That step should do +2. Did you take into account the initial advancement of ~40? That would explain it.

After 128 steps precisely: Mienfoo (ESV 1), Modest, F, Ability 1
After 128 steps + 1 turn (without moving): Golett, Bold, Ability 1
After 128 steps + 1 step: Same as above
After 128 steps + 2 steps: Druddigon, Careful, M, Ability 1
After 128 steps + 1 save: Mienfoo, Gentle, F, Ability 1
Bumping this from about 3 pages back.

Someone already mentioned the difference between running and walking, but can someone explain why there's a discrepancy between a step advancement and a save advancement? I thought they were both supposed to be by 1.

I'm looking for the sequence of natures / abilities above to figure out my PID starting frame but I can't find anything that matches within the first 400 or so PID frames, which is ridiculous. Maybe I'm overlooking something very simple but can someone help me?

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way I've confirmed all these captures at least twice and have double checked all their IVs to make sure they're all on the same frame/seed. I don't have a Chatot to test with (should be getting once soon, but it's irrelevant because I can't bring it with me since I'm hitting a spread on frame 3 and can only bring 2 pokemon with me).

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Bumping this from about 3 pages back.

Someone already mentioned the difference between running and walking, but can someone explain why there's a discrepancy between a step advancement and a save advancement? I thought they were both supposed to be by 1.

I'm looking for the sequence of natures / abilities above to figure out my PID starting frame but I can't find anything that matches within the first 400 or so PID frames, which is ridiculous. Maybe I'm overlooking something very simple but can someone help me?

Thanks.
Step/turn is +2 advancement vs saving is +1

Step/turn is +2 advancement vs saving is +1
The OP should probably reflect that then, since it says that walking in areas with wild pokemon advances by 1 frame per step, no?

So does that also mean that the initial 128 running paces that I use to advance the IV RNG advances my PID RNG by 256 instead of 128? In that case I'm looking in the wrong range to find my PID frames.

At PID frame 321 I found what I needed.
321: Modest, Regenerator Mienfoo
322: Gentle, Regenerator Mienfoo (+1, save)
323: Bold, Klutz Golett (+2, turn or step)
324: irrelevant
325: Careful, Druddigon (+4, two turns or steps)

I feel dumb now because it was relatively easy, but I was working off the main post the whole time. Someone should update that.

Thanks Toast.

Alright... All the help I'm getting on getting a Shiny starter, while appreciated, is beyond me.

Anyone maybe have some free time, patience, and AIM to guide me step by step to maybe help me see where I'm going wrong? I'm JJackson9995 on AIM. There's a few things I'm getting hung up on such as:

Understanding if my IV seed has to have a Shiny PID (And if so, how to find it). I have a great initial IV seed, but I don't understand if I need to find a PID specific to that seed, or if that doesn't matter.
Verifying which frames I'm hitting in regards to PID (Don't understand how to verify my PID at the very start of the game) (Don't really understand how to find out the SID/ID I'm hitting.
And various other things that I'm sure will pop up, or that I missed.

I just think with AIM, I might be able to more quickly "get" where I'm making my mistakes... And hopefully catch on a bit more quickly.

Toast++

The OP should probably reflect that then, since it says that walking in areas with wild pokemon advances by 1 frame per step, no?
Huh.. never noticed. It's actually a little inconsistent to walk but 90+% of the time, it's +2. Someone will have to update that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)