5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah... It's a part of the PID RNG. Using the front page of RNG reporter and setting the option to the 5th gen PID one, you can put in the full seed and click generate. You then right click the spreads and it will tell you the encounter slot you will get if you hit that spread. Iirc there's a link in the reporter for white/black encounter slots, but here is the link for white's. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/White Slots.html

No. Your TID/SID combo determines what PIDs are shiny.
Sir, thank you as well.

How do you know which NPCs / whether or not an NPC in an area will affect your PRNG? How far away do you have to be from a wandering NPC for it to not advance your frame? What locations are safe from advancing NPCs?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How do you know which NPCs / whether or not an NPC in an area will affect your PRNG? How far away do you have to be from a wandering NPC for it to not advance your frame? What locations are safe from advancing NPCs?
In most cases you have to petty far away from them. Don't think anyone has made a list of safe areas or anything. Just gotta wing it and hope for the best.

In most cases you have to petty far away from them. Don't think anyone has made a list of safe areas or anything. Just gotta wing it and hope for the best.
Could this be tested by hitting a seed, sweet scenting and verifying your IV frame 1 PID, then hitting the same seed again and waiting a specific amount of time before scenting, and checking to see if the PID had advanced due to NPC roamers?

Or, are there other factors that will advance the PID frame due to nothing more than the passing of time?

To ask in a more succinct way: when not moving, are there any uncontrollable factors other than NPCs and weather that advance the PID frame? (not counting saving, turning and chatoting, of course)

Why does RNG Reporter 9 Beta 4 give different results in Time Finder for the exact same settings as Beta 5? Why does Beta 5 give me a seed which should have the IV's 31/31/30/30/30/31 on frame 8, yet when I plug the seed into the main Window and generate it using Standart Seed, it doesn't show those IV's on frame 8? Is Beta 5 full of bugs?

Why does RNG Reporter 9 Beta 4 give different results in Time Finder for the exact same settings as Beta 5? Why does Beta 5 give me a seed which should have the IV's 31/31/30/30/30/31 on frame 8, yet when I plug the seed into the main Window and generate it using Standart Seed, it doesn't show those IV's on frame 8? Is Beta 5 full of bugs?
Please provide us the seed

I have a seed that is on frame 9 (C-Gear), so I know my starting frame is 3. I walked 256 steps with 3 pokemon in my party so that should advance by 6, correct? However, after doing so, I found out that I am hitting a spread that starts on frame 7. Is there anything that hinders me from advancing the frames? I am on P2 Laboratory and Sweet Scenting for Frillishes.

Hey guys, I download the latest beta version and finally I could set Pokémon White Italian.

I looked for some seeds (C-Gear) and I found a seed whose frame is 1.
I generated more times and I put delay and seconds into Eon Timer.
Then I set Date and Time as requested by the RNG Reporter and the Eon Timer. I started the timer exactly at the same time I set the hour.

Then I started the game and I soft-resetted when the first time ended. Then I waited for the end of the second timer and I press the Yes Button in order to turn on the C-Gear. I caught my Victini and checked its IVs with Rare Candies. I put them in order to find the spread in the adjacents in order to set the calibration in the Eon Timer but with no result.

I asked this question before, when I used to use the Beta Version 1. Now I'm using the Beta Version 5, and I have the same problem, even if I set the version as White Italian...

Can you help me please?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's a bug that happens when you set the max frame too low. Will release a fix soon.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Could this be tested by hitting a seed, sweet scenting and verifying your IV frame 1 PID, then hitting the same seed again and waiting a specific amount of time before scenting, and checking to see if the PID had advanced due to NPC roamers?

Or, are there other factors that will advance the PID frame due to nothing more than the passing of time?

To ask in a more succinct way: when not moving, are there any uncontrollable factors other than NPCs and weather that advance the PID frame? (not counting saving, turning and chatoting, of course)
Quite possibly. It has been suggested that another advancement is time based but I doubt that. Just stay away from times where the date or hour changes as they might be problematic. I'm not sure that they are, but just to be on the safe side.

Is there a tutorial/guide out there for non c-gear abuse that does not require the AR?

Basically, where should I start if I want to learn how to do this? I've read the OP, but (correct me if I'm wrong) it seems to only pertain to people who have ARs available.

Edit: after reading through the OP again, I can see that I was wrong and it does include non AP stuff. So I'll get started with that.

Now, for some reason, my C-Gear does not even advance at frame 3 when I start it.
Because C-Gear frames are already listed as frame 1, so you don't have to ignore those spreads at frames 1 and 2. Whenever you search for C-Gear, frame 1 is the old frame 3. Frame 3 is really frame 3, and needs 2 advancements.

Edit: ninja'd

The latest RNG Reporter already accounts for the Frame 3 start. Just make pretend you're actually starting on Frame 1.
Because C-Gear frames are already listed as frame 1, so you don't have to ignore those spreads at frames 1 and 2. Whenever you search for C-Gear, frame 1 is the old frame 3. Frame 3 is really frame 3, and needs 2 advancements.
Wow, thanks for the quick replies! >_< It was pretty bad for my side because I kept hitting the seed and I didn't even know about it. D:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the quick reply,
I am using Everstone, how much of a difference does it make?
It'll make it a lot harder to check the frame based on nature. I'd suggest removing it while you're trying to find your starting frame, then putting it back on when you're trying to actually hit it (make sure to select the proper option under "Everstone Nature" on the main screen when you're searching the results).
I'm trying to find the digits in my Mac address but it says "please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the system settings."
Are you using a DSi? You need to check your MAC address in the system menu.

Hey guys, I download the latest beta version and finally I could set Pokémon White Italian.

I looked for some seeds (C-Gear) and I found a seed whose frame is 1.
I generated more times and I put delay and seconds into Eon Timer.
Then I set Date and Time as requested by the RNG Reporter and the Eon Timer. I started the timer exactly at the same time I set the hour.

Then I started the game and I soft-resetted when the first time ended. Then I waited for the end of the second timer and I press the Yes Button in order to turn on the C-Gear. I caught my Victini and checked its IVs with Rare Candies. I put them in order to find the spread in the adjacents in order to set the calibration in the Eon Timer but with no result.

I asked this question before, when I used to use the Beta Version 1. Now I'm using the Beta Version 5, and I have the same problem, even if I set the version as White Italian...

Can you help me please?
Excuse me, is there someone who can help me please?

Hi there.

I did some research on RNGing the Genies. After finding a flawless HP Flying frame for my Thundurus, I tried a lot of times and now I always hit it, so the only thing I need is the nature.

As already said in this topic (I used the smogon search on the whole endless topic), the rain messes up the PID Frame due to raising it hundreds of times per second, making it impossible to hit the same frame twice, even if doing everything at exactly the same speed.

My question would then be (and someone mentioned it in the other topic already), if I can use the house for this:

1. When is the frame for the Genie chosen?
a) Right after doing the step which starts the cutscene?
b) the moment I leave the house to visit the Genie
c) The moment the Genie jells at me
d) other timing?

If Question 1's answer is not a), then I'd like to further ask, if the standing NPCs in the house affect the PID frame, and if yes, to what extend, and can I even control my PID frame with them at all?

Regards,
Flame

in standards, do encounter slots work the same as in 4th gen?
Where can I find them?

And how do PIDs work for eggs? Do I use everstones?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)