Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: AW DAMMIT, NINJA'D AGAIN. Dx

*sigh* ...well.... Fire Blast's other match looks interesting, anyway.... =___= I might be willing to get in on that one.

Looking for a good battle! Only basic stages, please!

3v3 Singles
5 day DQ
0 recovers, 5 chills per mon

Arena: Kanto Power Plant

An abandoned power plant in eastern Kanto, where Zapdos is said to reside. Since there is a lot of static electricity in the air, Electric attacks require less energy to cast, meaning all Electric-type moves cost 1 less energy point to use. Zapdos may occasionally (10% chance after each round) appear and use Drill Peck on one of the combatants. (Note to ref: To aid calculations, assume Zapdos' attack is **. Factor in STAB and type advantage/disadvantage as normal.)

So...who's up for it? (Remember, basic stage evos only, please!)

nwm this is now full. participants wait till i make a thread

I have a very different, interesting match that i want to ref. I'm looking for some particpants.

The battle is basically a meelee battle (4-6 players) with many smaller battles in it. The most significant part is that the pokemon people are using and the actions of the pokemon are all a secret. So here is what the order would look like:

1. You PM me the poke you want to use
2. I PM you a map of the arena showing where your spawn point is
3. You PM me a path that you want your pokemon to travel in. While you travel, you can find items and face wild pokemon. You can also see other trainer's pokemon if they cross your path. The situation will then become a 1v1 battle. However, you can always run, but the success will depend on the situation an a little bit of RNG. Once you see another pokemon you know what their pokemon is. This info could be useful.
4. Once everybody has sent me their path, I will PM them back with a description of what happened while they went through the path.
5. The round then ends. When you know what happened in your path, you will either make a new path, or you will battle someone else.

Also, this game has another factor. If you have seen someone's pokemon, the knowledge of their pokemon choice, their health and their energy could be useful to another player. Perhaps you could bribe them to tell you by giving them an item you found. Or maybe you want someone to join a battle you're having with another player. But what if they turn on you? This is all stuff you could consider.

The arena will be a pretty big one. I'm thinking that maybe the FireRed safari zone with the old chateau and the galactic veilstone building inside. Anybody have an idea? Another idea I'm considering is showing the location of pokemon at the end of a round. It could be only a large area in which the pokemon is, or it may only be given every x number of rounds.

Keep in mind this is not a regular battle. It may go one for a month or two or it may not. Do not expect insta updates, that is not possible.

Participants:

1. IceBug
2. Venser
3. Banryu
4. jas61292
5. kannon
6. reserved for porygon3

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll accept that one, Charmander, though I'd like to train up my weaker 'mons up if that's fine with you.

FUUU I FORGOT AGAIN

One Ability
Switch = KO
No Items

I'll battle you Galladiator, which means the battle I issued last page will be invalid, although no one accepted anyways.

All Abilities
Switch=KO
Items Disabled

SDS, I'm calling you out.

2v2 singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/2 chills per pokemon
Arena: Skating rink, frozen about 2 feet deep with ice, circle of roughly 30 feet in diameter.

Kannon, we're back on.

How about 1v1 singles in an... empty football (americano) arena. yeah.

oh yeah 1 day dq no recovers NO CHILLS

Looking for a good battle! Only basic stages, please!

3v3 Singles
5 day DQ
0 recovers, 5 chills per mon

Arena: Kanto Power Plant

An abandoned power plant in eastern Kanto, where Zapdos is said to reside. Since there is a lot of static electricity in the air, Electric attacks require less energy to cast, meaning all Electric-type moves cost 1 less energy point to use. Zapdos may occasionally (10% chance after each round) appear and use Drill Peck on one of the combatants. (Note to ref: To aid calculations, assume Zapdos' attack is **. Factor in STAB and type advantage/disadvantage as normal.)

So...who's up for it? (Remember, basic stage evos only, please!)
I'll battle you Galladiator, which means the battle I issued last page will be invalid, although no one accepted anyways.

All Abilities
Switch=KO
Items Disabled
Reffing this. PM me your teams.

"We are issuing a challenge to you lowlives!"
"What my sister means is we wish to test the abilities of our newfound Pokemon in a most efficient way, a 6v6 singles match. This battle will be rather long, a test of endurance if you will, and-"
"Yeah, Yeah, they get the point already. This match will be hella' long, so Pokemon are allowed 1 recovery each and 5 chills."
"DQ time is set at 4 days (7 days for refs), and the arena will be The Safari Zone. We welcome anyone to accept this grueling match."
"But don't start crying when we mop up the floor with you!"

6v6 singles
1 recovery/5 chills per Poke
DQ 4 days/7 days ref
Arena: Safari Zone (very large grassland with surrounding plateaus and cliffs, on one side a large body of water <lake?>, rocks large enough for most pokemon to hide behind are scattered throughout the battlefield, possibility of wild pokemon interfering at any time.)

"We are issuing a challenge to you lowlives!"
"What my sister means is we wish to test the abilities of our newfound Pokemon in a most efficient way, a 6v6 singles match. This battle will be rather long, a test of endurance if you will, and-"
"Yeah, Yeah, they get the point already. This match will be hella' long, so Pokemon are allowed 1 recovery each and 5 chills."
"DQ time is set at 4 days (7 days for refs), and the arena will be The Safari Zone. We welcome anyone to accept this grueling match."
"But don't start crying when we mop up the floor with you!"

6v6 singles
1 recovery/5 chills per Poke
DQ 4 days/7 days ref
Arena: Safari Zone (very large grassland with surrounding plateaus and cliffs, on one side a large body of water <lake?>, rocks large enough for most pokemon to hide behind are scattered throughout the battlefield, possibility of wild pokemon interfering at any time.)
FUCK YEAH

LET'S DO THIS

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No items

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
!GAUNTLET

SEVENDEADLYSINS, IMMA CALLIN YOU OUT

5 CHILLS / 2 RECOVERS
3 POKEMON PER SIDE
SINGLES
DQ=3 DAYS
ARENA=A heavy jungle, with loose, earthy soil and a lot of shrubbery and tall, thick trees. There is a large clearing in the middle of the jungle, with a shallow pond bordering the clearing and the jungle (maybe 3-4 feet deep)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
!GAUNTLET

SEVENDEADLYSINS, IMMA CALLIN YOU OUT

5 CHILLS / 2 RECOVERS
3 POKEMON PER SIDE
SINGLES
DQ=3 DAYS
ARENA=A heavy jungle, with loose, earthy soil and a lot of shrubbery and tall, thick trees. There is a large clearing in the middle of the jungle, with a shallow pond bordering the clearing and the jungle (maybe 3-4 feet deep)
/me flex

TAKIN YOU ON

Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items
I hope Bad Ass's first battle will be a great experience! Me ref, you peeps PM teams!

Still looking for brave challengers. Who dares to face me?

6v6
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: You can choose.

3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: An enclosed room of a factory. The fire alert system has been set off; an alarm sounds constantly, reducing the effectiveness of sound based moves, and the sprinklers are running constantly, essentially acting as rain.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lord Jesseus, the 3v3 match seems interesting, but I'm unable to accept due to me having three matches at the moment, however, I will happily ref the match. So Lord Jesseus & whoever accepts his 3v3 challenge should PM me their teams.

Also, 1000th post, not that it really matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)