Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this arena. I want to use it in a longer battle against Nightmare jigglypuff, but I'm making a couple of adjustments.

2v2 Singles
3-day DQ time
2 Recovery moves/5 Chills/2 Taunts/1 Teleport/No evolving mid-battle/Unevolved mons only

Arena: Tilt Panic
  • A 100-foot-wide circle made of ice balanced precariously on a 5-foot-wide pillar in the middle of a large ocean.
  • The arena will tilt based on where the pokemon are. Heavier pokemon will influence the tilt more than lighter ones.
  • NEW: Flying pokemon and Levitating pokemon will not affect the tilt unless they are on the ground.
  • NEW: The exception to this is if the weather conditions are heavy rain (such as when Rain Dance is used). In such conditions, the tilt will be completely random. The default conditions are clear weather.
  • Pokemon can try to push each other around and knock each other off the arena with their attacks. A pokemon that gets knocked off is considered KO'd. Stronger attacks have more pushing power and are more likely to knock a pokemon off. Heavier pokemon are harder to push and pokemon further from the edge are harder to knock off. The angle of the arena also affects the chance of a pokemon being knocked off.
  • NOTE: Although it is easier for Flying pokemon and Levitating pokemon to dodge attacks, they can still be knocked off the arena.
  • Every round there is a 50% chance of a Walrein jumping up from the water below and landing somewhere on the edge of the arena. It will not attack but its weight will affect the tilt of the arena for the duration of the round and then it will slide back into the water at the end of the round. A Walrein cannot appear on two consecutive rounds.
  • NEW: Surf, Dig, Earthquake and Magnitude cannot be used in this arena.

Also, a suggestion to whoever refs this: end-of-round diagrams will be helpful.

Gonna put down a quick challenge for my first battle =D

2v2 singles
3 days DQ time
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Coastal Beach

The main battling area is sand. There is water relatively nearby, with no Pokemon in it or anything. Coconut trees lie along the beach, allowing a place for pokemon to hide if necessary. The blazing hot sun means that the default weather is Sunny Day. Every 6 turns it will become High Tide, and water levels will rise. After 6 turns it will be Low Tide again, etc.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna put down a quick challenge for my first battle =D

2v2 singles
3 days DQ time
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Coastal Beach

The main battling area is sand. There is water relatively nearby, with no Pokemon in it or anything. Coconut trees lie along the beach, allowing a place for pokemon to hide if necessary. The blazing hot sun means that the default weather is Sunny Day. Every 6 turns it will become High Tide, and water levels will rise. After 6 turns it will be Low Tide again, etc.
I'll take you on. I only have done one battle myself, so it should be pretty even.

Switch = KO
No Items
One Ability

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really know what Pokemon I'll be using since I have a ton of new Pokemon/new evolutions to play with, so I can do anything

4v4 singles
DQ=2 Days
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Valley of Fun

So we're in a nice mountainous region, The arena itself is surrounded by mountains/volcanoes, but the valley is large enough. In the valley, you'll find a rather large field with a lake in the center. The lake itself is plenty deep for water-types to be comfortable diving. Due to the activity of the volcanoes, the arena is pretty hot despite the location. Also, to make it pretty, there's a large waterfall going into the lake n.n

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So a while ago I requested a battle and -Charmander- accepted.

User Kannon agreed to ref, but unfortunately he won't be able to do it.

User Rediamond has now agreed to ref, and this post is just for his/her confirmation of the situation /poet

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: An enclosed room of a factory. The fire alert system has been set off; an alarm sounds constantly, reducing the effectiveness of sound based moves, and the sprinklers are running constantly, essentially acting as rain.
I'll take you on for the 3 v 3, Lord Jesseus.

Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items
As mentioned on the previous page, I will ref this battle. You two PM me your squad of three & I'll have the thread up.

EDIT:
I don't really know what Pokemon I'll be using since I have a ton of new Pokemon/new evolutions to play with, so I can do anything

4v4 singles
DQ=2 Days
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Valley of Fun

So we're in a nice mountainous region, The arena itself is surrounded by mountains/volcanoes, but the valley is large enough. In the valley, you'll find a rather large field with a lake in the center. The lake itself is plenty deep for water-types to be comfortable diving. Due to the activity of the volcanoes, the arena is pretty hot despite the location. Also, to make it pretty, there's a large waterfall going into the lake n.n
I'll accept GoldenKnight's challenge

Switch=KO
No items
All Abilities
I'll take this battle as well while I'm at it. PM teams, yadda yadda yadda.

I'll ref JBCWK vs jas61292. PM teams.

And also...LIGHTNING ROUND!!!

1v1
0 Recover/5 Chill
2 Day DQ
Arena: Mega Tree: Two platforms suspended high in a giant tree provide trainers their footing. The combatants, however, fight on the large branches of the tree. Unevolved only, as a result of the arena. Also, falls from the tree result in 10 damage, and forfeit one action to climb back up.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Objection.

4v4 Dubulous
3 Days DQ
2/5/2/No evolving mid battle/No evolved mons
Arena: Chain Chomp Roulette from Mario Kart Wii. The Chain Chomp is replaced with a giant Ferroseed that moves around the board at approximately 0.1 revolutions per action. Iron Barbs does damage if anyone touches Ferroseed, and it will use Power Whip or Gyro Ball (Brave natured, 50% chance of either attack) should a pokemon attack it.

And accepting IceBug's challenge,
No items
Switch = wut
One ability

Accepting.

All abilities
No Items
Switch = oh you said KO already
Also, to clarify, the 2/5/2 in iimk's post stands for 2 recovery/5 chill/2 taunt

Plus, Nightmare jigglypuff and I still need a ref for our match.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING SevenDeadlySins!

Standard 1 V 1
Singles
DQ: 3 Days (5 Days for Ref)
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Arena:Desert Oasis (Day)

This oasis is used as a refuge for thirsty, weary travelers traversing the hot desert. This arena features a small pool of water in the center surrounded by a handful of tropical trees and a small grass patch surrounding the body of water. The oasis is surrounded by a vast sandy desert with no obstacles in sight. The oasis has magical properties, and cannot run out of water. The sun is quite bright, but the oasis makes the surrounding area fairly comfortable for all Pokemon. However, it's nearly impossible to set up a Rain or Hail storm in this hot desert during the day. The ground is made up of a pliable sand material, meaning that Pokemon can Dig here.

SUMMARY: No Hail / Rain Dance (and and a result no Snow Warning / Drizzle). Dig and seismic Ground moves allowed. Oasis provides water, and cannot be diminished.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
challenging venser!

3 vs 3 singles
DQ = 4 days
1 Recovery, 3 chills

Arena:

Luigi's mansion! The mansion has 3 stories, a really creepy basement and some other freaky stuff. The battle will take place in the dining hall, but Pokemon can move to other rooms. The lights have a 10% chance to go out for one action. Ghosts can pop out too as well (5% chance each round), scaring one Pokemon and preventing it from using any moves for one action.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CHALLENGING SevenDeadlySins!

Standard 1 V 1
Singles
DQ: 3 Days (5 Days for Ref)
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Arena:Desert Oasis (Day)

This oasis is used as a refuge for thirsty, weary travelers traversing the hot desert. This arena features a small pool of water in the center surrounded by a handful of tropical trees and a small grass patch surrounding the body of water. The oasis is surrounded by a vast sandy desert with no obstacles in sight. The oasis has magical properties, and cannot run out of water. The sun is quite bright, but the oasis makes the surrounding area fairly comfortable for all Pokemon. However, it's nearly impossible to set up a Rain or Hail storm in this hot desert during the day. The ground is made up of a pliable sand material, meaning that Pokemon can Dig here.

SUMMARY: No Hail / Rain Dance (and and a result no Snow Warning / Drizzle). Dig and seismic Ground moves allowed. Oasis provides water, and cannot be diminished.
ACCEPTED

One ability, no items, switch = who cares?

Still looking to fill my limits
6v6
2 Recovers/5 chills
1 Day DQ
Arena: You can choose.

As you can see by the DQ time i want a fairly speedy battle despite its 6v6 nature. 3 month long epics not wanted.

I'll ref JBCWK vs jas61292. PM teams.

1v1
0 Recover/5 Chill
2 Day DQ
Arena: Mega Tree: Two platforms suspended high in a giant tree provide trainers their footing. The combatants, however, fight on the large branches of the tree. Unevolved only, as a result of the arena. Also, falls from the tree result in 10 damage, and forfeit one action to climb back up.
taking this challenge
no items, all abilities

EDIT: bluh, taken so I'll issue my own 1v1 here
0 recovers/5 chills
2 day dq
arena: distortion world, ref can expand on the specifics

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1v1
0 Recover/5 Chill
2 Day DQ
And accepting IceBug's challenge,
No items
Switch = wut
One ability
Okay I'll ref. PM teams!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge:

3 vs 3 singles
0 Recover/5 Chill
DQ Time: 2 Days (fast fast)
Arena: Lavender Tower, the second floor. The floor is covered with tombstones and the place is empty, just for the battle. Pokemon afraid of ghost (read: weak to it) will focus mostly on not crapping their pants instead of battling, resulting in a one star reduction on both Atk and SpAtk. Everytime a Tombstone is in any way broken, a ghost from the gastly family will appear to join the fun (60% a Gastly appears, 30% for a Haunter and 10% for a Gengar). They will have low hp and the ability to use any move they can normally learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)