There are no 5 other pokes to take Thundurus!!!

So you got 5 other pokes to take it?

Well I got Thundurus MF!!!

Welcome one and all to my newest RMT. This team is based around thundurus' excellent coverage moves, which are listed below.Now thundurus is extremely frail so im going to have to compensate for that but we'll have to see how i do.Thundurus also has access to the abilitywhich whimsicottt is famous for: Prnakster.

Thunder[bolt]
Dark Pulse
Hammer Arm
Focus Blast
Crunch
Volt Switch
Hidden Power
Agility
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Substitute
Taunt
Psychic
Sludge Bomb
Grass Knot
Flash Cannon
Wild Charge
U-Turn

The Team

BOLTROS

Electric FlyingFlying
Trait: Prankster [Moves that don't do damage get priority]
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid [+ Speed - Atk]
Evs: 4 DEF 252 SP ATK 252 SPEED
Ivs:31/30/30/31/31/31
Thunderbolt
Taunt
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice

The main focus of this team: thundurus, Ice+Electric is fantastic coverage and i find that focus blast hits most of thundurus' switch ins like ferrothorn and tyranitar which are all too common now due to Excadrill while reuniclus is Nicely surprised by Dark Pulse and allows me to grab a 2HKO if they don't CM while i can take a non LO boosted psychic with no rocks.I used to use him on a team before and i definatly miss Thunder Wave.

NATTOOREI

Grass/Steel
Trait: Steel Thorns [inflicts 1/16 every time you hit it with a move that touches you.]
Item:Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed[+Defense - SPEED
Evs: 252 HP 48 DEF 208 SP DEF
IVS: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Spikes

Ah Nattoorei [ferrothron is a dumb name] is definatly one of the best walls now, it comes with a weakness to fire and fighting while thundurus takes 1 fighting move fire is covered by other members. The EV spread comes from someone who gave me my first ferrothorn on wifi and it always served me well so i kept it here and helps me take those draco meteors from Latios although i would like more defense for garchomp.I run only spikes since i already have Stealth Rock on the team and i would like the extra stalling capabilities of leech seed. While i like dual attacking moves.

GOKUAZARU
Fire/Fighting
Trait: Blaze [Boosts fire moves in a pinch]
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Naive [+Speed - Sp Def]
EVs:48 ATK 252 SP ATK 208 SPEED
Ivs:30/31/30/31/31/31
Close Combat
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Grass Knot

Ah Mixape, you complete what thundurus can't do which is hit dragons and swampert while taking out those pesky water wround types [which trouble me a lot]I think its pretty standard so not much to explain, evs to outspeed chomp.

HASSAM

Bug/Steel
Trait: Technician
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs:248 HP 252 ATK 8 SPEED
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Previously a CB flygon CB scizor joins the fray with his better revengge killing late game, since i have purusit on metagross i feel that bug bite would be better on scizor as to help him clean up late game.

METAGROSS

Steel/Psychic
Trait: Clear Body
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant [+ ATK - Sp ATK]
Evs: 252 HP 252 ATK 6 SPEED
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Pursuit

This is my super special lati@s killing metagross switching in on a meteor pursuit trapping and killing, it also has my only form of priority and rocks.

SHOWERS

Water
Trait: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
Nature: alm [+ Sp Def - Atk]
EVs: 188 HP 68 DEF 252 SP DEF
Ivs:31/31/31/30/31/31
Scald
Hidden Power Electric
Wish
Protect

What i love about vaporeon now is it can now do damage, wish, status protect, and still have a filler move which is all possible due to sald and i have hidden power eletric for starmie, if metagross is down and of course for gyara and other bulky waters.

Threats

Garchomp
Breloom
Sleep
Latios
Offensive Water Types
Heatran

Changes Being tested

Tyranitar > Metagross

Changes Made

Thunder Wave > Dark Pulse on Thundurus
CB scizor > CB Flygon

thats the team i hoped you enjoyed, thanks for the help!!!

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey DarthChoco :P

I would replace Dark Pulse with ThunderWave on Thundurus to really abuse his ability. it saves you from being swept by random scarfed pokes and it could get you that random 1/4 chance of fully para. Thunderbolt does less damage than a SE Dark Pulse 142.5 VS. 180, but that extra damage seems to only matter with reuniclus.
Also, I would go with 248 speed with 30 IVs only in speed since it's in its own speed tier.

Your Vaporeon can take specs Draco meteors pretty well 56%-68% on the first 28%-33% after the -2 drop, so I don't know why ferrothorn is so specially defensive oriented. It's only a 2hko if there's hazards or Sand/hail up with MAX damage. You also have metagross. Hopefully the Lati@s get banned so you don't have to worry about them.

I would also replace Flygon on your team with something else. And because you have trouble with Chomp/water/breloom and all that I think you should go with Restalk Gyara. Intimidates lowers chomp's attack if its scarf'd/banded (can't really do much to SD variants other than go to (now physically defensive) ferrothorn and Leech seed/gyroball.

Hey DarthChoco :P

I would replace Dark Pulse with ThunderWave on Thundurus to really abuse his ability. it saves you from being swept by random scarfed pokes and it could get you that random 1/4 chance of fully para. Thunderbolt does less damage than a SE Dark Pulse 142.5 VS. 180, but that extra damage seems to only matter with reuniclus.
Also, I would go with 248 speed with 30 IVs only in speed since it's in its own speed tier.

Your Vaporeon can take specs Draco meteors pretty well 56%-68% on the first 28%-33% after the -2 drop, so I don't know why ferrothorn is so specially defensive oriented. It's only a 2hko if there's hazards or Sand/hail up with MAX damage. You also have metagross. Hopefully the Lati@s get banned so you don't have to worry about them.

I would also replace Flygon on your team with something else. And because you have trouble with Chomp/water/breloom and all that I think you should go with Restalk Gyara. Intimidates lowers chomp's attack if its scarf'd/banded (can't really do much to SD variants other than go to (now physically defensive) ferrothorn and Leech seed/gyroball.
Hey Chimp!

Thanks for the rate, i don't have 30 ivs in speed for boltros i have 31 im not using that iv spread

Rest Talk gyara never came to mind since i wasn't abusing hazards but i'll try it out i'll switch ferrothorn to a more defensive spread, it was sp def because of those offesnive water types.

I also forgot to mention that heatran is a big problem too and flygon was my main check but gyara checks it too.

thanks for the rate

EDIT Tested Gyara > Flygon i really missed that electric resist and it just added another weakness, while i also didn't like more defense on ferrothorn

Hey Darth, cool team. There are a couple of threats you're going to have to watch out for, though. First off, Dragon Dance Scrafty can give you some trouble. It can set up on a switch out from Ferrothorn (you're not going to want to stay in, risking taking a STAB super effective fighting move) or Flygon locked into Fire Punch. From there, it can pretty much sweep you clean, outrunning and OHKO'ing each Pokemon with its STAB moves alone in Crunch and Hi Jump Kick. The other threat I see is Calm Mind Reuniclus. Ferrothorn and Vaporeon give it free set-up opportunities, and after a boost it'll pretty much automatically beat you if you're playing someone good - Thundurus is doing average damage with Dark Pulse after +1 and once they grab the second CM it's pretty much game over. To fix these two issues, I recommend using a Choice Band Scizor over Flygon. It's basically Flygon on steroids for this team. It spams STAB U-turn, is alot stronger, and has a powerful Bullet Punch to revenge the likes of weakened Scrafty, Salamence, and Terrakion, while defeating Reuniclus handily.

Scizor @ Choice Band | Careful | 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
U-turn / Bullet Punch / Superpower / Pursuit

The special defense EVs allow it to take powerful Draco Meteors from Lati@s / Salamence, and it really does not need that much attack investment with a Choice Band+entry hazard support. Now, that solves the Reuniclus issue, but Scrafty is still worrying if it is at high HP. This can be fixed easily, though - just replace Infernape's Grass Knot with Mach Punch and use Iron Fist as your ability of choice. GK is not really needed because Ape's biggest nemesis, Jellicent, is not KO'd by it while you are KO'd back by Scald / Surf - you have Ferrothorn, who beats Jellicent easily, so having a move that can only beat it if you use it on the switch isn't worth it. Mach Punch, on the other hand, revenges Scrafty extremely well - if Ape doesn't finish it off by itself (which it should after rocks and spikes), Scizor definitely will. It also is a last ditch effort against Terrakion if Scizor falls. I'd also swap the Attack and Special Attack EVs. The SpA investment really isn't that necessary - it powers up Fire Blast and HP Ice; FB isn't doing much damage to Lati@s / Jellicent with or without 252 EVs, it'll still OHKO opposing Ferrothorn / Scizor / any other steel, and HP Ice will still OHKO Chomp / Mence (after entry hazards). However, the attack EVs are necessary, because they help you revenge Scrafty (aka the biggest threat to your team) with Mach Punch (or Close Combat if it's a Bulk Up variant and has a boost).

The last change I'll suggest is Thunder Wave over Dark Pulse on Thundurus; DP is really only good for Reuniclus, which you now have covered, while T-Wave abuses Prankster and can help against something like Bulky DD Mence. Taunt is another option that's worth testing.

in short:
-CB Scizor > Flygon
-Mach Punch > Grass Knot on Ape
-switch attack and sp. attack EVs on Ape
-Thunder Wave / Taunt > Dark Pulse on Thundurus

That's all I got for you. Good team, good luck.

Hey Darth, cool team. There are a couple of threats you're going to have to watch out for, though. First off, Dragon Dance Scrafty can give you some trouble. It can set up on a switch out from Ferrothorn (you're not going to want to stay in, risking taking a STAB super effective fighting move) or Flygon locked into Fire Punch. From there, it can pretty much sweep you clean, outrunning and OHKO'ing each Pokemon with its STAB moves alone in Crunch and Hi Jump Kick. The other threat I see is Calm Mind Reuniclus. Ferrothorn and Vaporeon give it free set-up opportunities, and after a boost it'll pretty much automatically beat you if you're playing someone good - Thundurus is doing average damage with Dark Pulse after +1 and once they grab the second CM it's pretty much game over. To fix these two issues, I recommend using a Choice Band Scizor over Flygon. It's basically Flygon on steroids for this team. It spams STAB U-turn, is alot stronger, and has a powerful Bullet Punch to revenge the likes of weakened Scrafty, Salamence, and Terrakion, while defeating Reuniclus handily.

Scizor @ Choice Band | Careful | 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
U-turn / Bullet Punch / Superpower / Pursuit

The special defense EVs allow it to take powerful Draco Meteors from Lati@s / Salamence, and it really does not need that much attack investment with a Choice Band+entry hazard support. Now, that solves the Reuniclus issue, but Scrafty is still worrying if it is at high HP. This can be fixed easily, though - just replace Infernape's Grass Knot with Mach Punch and use Iron Fist as your ability of choice. GK is not really needed because Ape's biggest nemesis, Jellicent, is not KO'd by it while you are KO'd back by Scald / Surf - you have Ferrothorn, who beats Jellicent easily, so having a move that can only beat it if you use it on the switch isn't worth it. Mach Punch, on the other hand, revenges Scrafty extremely well - if Ape doesn't finish it off by itself (which it should after rocks and spikes), Scizor definitely will. It also is a last ditch effort against Terrakion if Scizor falls. I'd also swap the Attack and Special Attack EVs. The SpA investment really isn't that necessary - it powers up Fire Blast and HP Ice; FB isn't doing much damage to Lati@s / Jellicent with or without 252 EVs, it'll still OHKO opposing Ferrothorn / Scizor / any other steel, and HP Ice will still OHKO Chomp / Mence (after entry hazards). However, the attack EVs are necessary, because they help you revenge Scrafty (aka the biggest threat to your team) with Mach Punch (or Close Combat if it's a Bulk Up variant and has a boost).

The last change I'll suggest is Thunder Wave over Dark Pulse on Thundurus; DP is really only good for Reuniclus, which you now have covered, while T-Wave abuses Prankster and can help against something like Bulky DD Mence. Taunt is another option that's worth testing.

in short:
-CB Scizor > Flygon
-Mach Punch > Grass Knot on Ape
-switch attack and sp. attack EVs on Ape
-Thunder Wave / Taunt > Dark Pulse on Thundurus

That's all I got for you. Good team, good luck.

Thanks for the rate

Thunder Wave is now in dark pulses place after a day of testing.
Scizor looks good it just doesn't have the late game sweeping capabiities flygon does, however i don't need the sp def investment since i have 3 checks for the lati twins.

With mach punch on ape and Bullet Punch on scizor this allows me to put earthquake on metagross which i really miss a lot however swampert gives me a lot of trouble even with ape and his grass knot, which i definatly need so im going to keep Grass knot on ape over HP ice since garchomp and mence are checked still now by thundurus and scizor AND ape so i'm going to change the ev spread back to 252 ATK 64 SP ATK 192 SPEED for testing.

thanks for the rate.

I would replace Dark Pulse with Thunder Wave, and Focus Blast with Taunt to stop enemy hazards, I would also change Thunderbolt for Volt Change to abuse double U-Turn/Volt Change for better scouting of your enemies team.

Your team is in lack of a revenge killer I would either give Flygon a Choice Scarf if you would want to keep the double switch advantage or use a ScarfChomp for more power and speed.

If you are in need of a status absorber I suggest Lum Berry on Metagross.

I would replace Dark Pulse with Thunder Wave, and Focus Blast with Taunt to stop enemy hazards, I would also change Thunderbolt for Volt Change to abuse double U-Turn/Volt Change for better scouting of your enemies team.

Your team is in lack of a revenge killer I would either give Flygon a Choice Scarf if you would want to keep the double switch advantage or use a ScarfChomp for more power and speed.

If you are in need of a status absorber I suggest Lum Berry on Metagross.
Thanks whopper

I tested Scarf > Band on Flygon and it just wasn't strong enough, even adamant left stuff at less then 10%.

Volt Change is interesting but not neccesary since i'd much rather stay in since thundurus is a late game sweeper and not a mid game one. Wile taunt is not neccesary for the same reason.

Really, you need to keep grass knot, so I'm not sure why it was recommended that you remove it. Grass knot hits swampert, and on a fast poke, can sweep through 90% of common SS poke, not to mention hits other bulky waters such as AApass Vap and Quagsire.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey this seems like a pretty solid team with not very much to fix up, although you do have a few weaknesses that should be looked at. First of all, Rock Polish + HP Ice Landorus presents a pretty big problem. Currently, it can come in on Flygon locked into Earthquake or Fire Punch and set up a Rock Polish in which it precedes to 2HKO just about every member on this entire team. Your Vaporeon isn't investing in enough defense so that you will be able to take hits from Landorus, and the rest of your team simply has no defense from its attacks. Secondly, you seem to have quite a lot of trouble with Drizzle teams. Since you lack a weather changer, Pokemon like Rotom-W or opposing Thundurus will give you a lot of trouble in the rain, being able to rip through this team with ease. A quick fix to this issue would be to try and fit a weather changer onto this team. A specially defensive Tyranitar would fit on this team quite nicely, being able to check Heatran and Lati@s to an extent, which you stated that you have troubled with. I believe that Infernape is the weakest link in this team as it seems you're only using it as a safety net for Garchomp with HP Ice; however most Garchomp are scarfed so that will not work out in most cases. If I were you, I'd try this set:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP | 180 SpA | 76 SpD Sandstream
Crunch | Fire Blast | Ice Beam | Superpower

Next, I believe that your Garchomp and Latios problem could be fixed much more easily than using Tyranitar or Ferrathorn. Without messing with your synergy too much, I would suggest that you run Bronzong over your current Metagross set. Bronzong gives you a really great switchin to Lati@s and other dragons such as Garchomp. It also won't tamper with your synergy as you will be replacing Metagross, who has the same typing.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP | 168 Def | 88 SpD Levitate
Gyro Ball | Hidden Power [Ice] | Earthquake | Stealth Rocks

So in short:

• Specially Defensive Tyranitar > Mixed Infernape
  • Bronzong > Trapper Metagross

Good Luck.

Hey this seems like a pretty solid team with not very much to fix up, although you do have a few weaknesses that should be looked at. First of all, Rock Polish + HP Ice Landorus presents a pretty big problem. Currently, it can come in on Flygon locked into Earthquake or Fire Punch and set up a Rock Polish in which it precedes to 2HKO just about every member on this entire team. Your Vaporeon isn't investing in enough defense so that you will be able to take hits from Landorus, and the rest of your team simply has no defense from its attacks. Secondly, you seem to have quite a lot of trouble with Drizzle teams. Since you lack a weather changer, Pokemon like Rotom-W or opposing Thundurus will give you a lot of trouble in the rain, being able to rip through this team with ease. A quick fix to this issue would be to try and fit a weather changer onto this team. A specially defensive Tyranitar would fit on this team quite nicely, being able to check Heatran and Lati@s to an extent, which you stated that you have troubled with. I believe that Infernape is the weakest link in this team as it seems you're only using it as a safety net for Garchomp with HP Ice; however most Garchomp are scarfed so that will not work out in most cases. If I were you, I'd try this set:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP | 180 SpA | 76 SpD Sandstream
Crunch | Fire Blast | Ice Beam | Superpower

Next, I believe that your Garchomp and Latios problem could be fixed much more easily than using Tyranitar or Ferrathorn. Without messing with your synergy too much, I would suggest that you run Bronzong over your current Metagross set. Bronzong gives you a really great switchin to Lati@s and other dragons such as Garchomp. It also won't tamper with your synergy as you will be replacing Metagross, who has the same typing.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP | 168 Def | 88 SpD Levitate
Gyro Ball | Hidden Power [Ice] | Earthquake | Stealth Rocks

So in short:

• Specially Defensive Tyranitar > Mixed Infernape
  • Bronzong > Trapper Metagross

Good Luck.
F*cking landros that shit annoyed me, i had a lot of trouble with that until i added scizor to the team [now perma]

I really don't see how people don't see how crucial ape is to this team it forms an incredible late game sweeper while it also has my only grass move with any power so that is not going to be replaced even though that tyranitar looks nice, it can't switch into water moves which is why drizzle is so good.

Bronzong was one of the pokemon that existed when this team ws still on paper until i came up with the metagross trapping idea. The rason i dissmissed him was simpl becuse he lacked the same power and bulkyness as metagross, although this does look more pleasing then the tyranitar so i will test it.

Changes Have Been Made To The Team Please Review Them Announcment For Everyone.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could I just start by saying maybe tone down the yellow font, I had to highlight it to read it :)

As of right now all I can being a threat would be Sun Teams. They'll have fire attacks to take down your steels and grass for vaporeon. Also all their chlorophyll poke's will outspeed and hit really hard. Maybe think about replacing Metagross with Ttar to change their weather, ttar can still set up rocks and act as your lati@s killer, also you have stronger priority in Scizor.
This set has never let me down: Credit to Iconic

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SAtk / 80 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Hope that helps, cool team

thanks that looks good i'll defintly try it, it just means i lose another resist to dragon.

Also sun teams don't bother me too much only the moth annoys me, but its a big threat since it can easily sweep my team.

Really, you need to keep grass knot, so I'm not sure why it was recommended that you remove it. Grass knot hits swampert, and on a fast poke, can sweep through 90% of common SS poke, not to mention hits other bulky waters such as AApass Vap and Quagsire.
GK hits common sandstorm mons, so he should keep it? Let's examine some...

Excadrill: outruns you and KOs with EQ. It's weak to Close Combat or Fire Blast anyways.
Landorus: HP Ice.
Tyranitar: Close Combat.
Hippowdon: Grass Knot doesn't KO while you get smashed by EQ. He has Ferrothorn to take it anyways.
Garchomp: HP Ice.

So no, Grass Knot doesn't help him take on common sandstorm mons. Also Darth, Swampert barely gives you any trouble, you have Ferrothorn; GK doesn't help much, seeing as Ferro can either Spike all over Pert's ass or destroy it with Power Whip. AB2's Bronzong suggestion looks really good, and so does the Ttar; I'd definitely use Shuca over Lefties on it though, just so Chomp can't pick you off with a surprise CB EQ (or just regular EQ if you're not exactly high on HP).

Well frikin pert always gives me trouble, i know on wifi i won't have a problem since its never used on wifi however it seems like everyone on PO was using it.
Also i never found mach punch useful so i would need more convincing to change ape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)