5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok, I need everyone to start checking their DS firmware!

I had an idea as to why the keypress seems to affect timer0 for some people, but not for others. The DS(and iQue) have had a total of seven firmware revisions. Based on some small data I have, it looks like the issue where some people report keypress affecting their timer0 may be linked to that. I need a lot more data to really make a judgement one way or another, though. Checking it is very easy and completely safe, your data is NOT at risk in any way. Just go to this video and follow 20 seconds of instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN6QCR__Kc

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number. Also we'll need to know if you're affected by keypresses. Do you find that timer0 changes when you use a keypress, or does it just fluctuate in general? Can you hit a keypress seed using your originally calibrated timer0 from the parameter finder without issue? i know there are some people who have tried an immense number of times to hit a keypress seed found with their original timer0 and they just seem to not be able to. These are the people I'm talking about.
Mine is V5. I got two Magenta screens as I followed the video. By the way, I believe it fluctuates in general. When I re-calibrated my results, they were different from my other one and did not let me hit my Keypress of X.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I hit a shiny seed with a keypress BEFORE I re-calibrated. Just letting you know for some re-enforcement on the fluctuating idea.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
So I generate a Physical flawless according to the generator.

MAC address: 00 21 47 83 44 EE
Version: White English
IV Pattern: Physical Flawless
Timer0: 85-86
VCount: 60-60
VFrame: 6-6
ID: 08181

2011/05/27, 14:55:43, Timer0 = 85
No button presses.

According to the Cobalion I just caught, these were the specs:

HP: 11-13
Attack: 13-15
Defense: 16-18
SpAtk: 18-19
Special Defense: 9-10
Speed: 30-30

The time and date are exactly the same as the generated values. In fact, everything matches, even the Timer0 value.

But the IVs don't match and I have two different seeds!

The one I caught is A8A609BB6A8EA843
The one I was supposed to get was D40EDCEFB7033B2D

What gives? Everything is identical, but I got two different seeds and two different sets of IVs!
you have the latest reporter, right? 6.3? if not, update and search again. if you do, are you sure that timer0 did not fluctuate?

you have the latest reporter, right? 6.3? if not, update and search again. if you do, are you sure that timer0 did not fluctuate?
I'm using PokeRNG for the Mac. According to both the parameter searcher and the seed searcher, the Timer 0 value was C85 and 85 respectively.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Mine is V5. I got two Magenta screens as I followed the video. By the way, I believe it fluctuates in general. When I re-calibrated my results, they were different from my other one and did not let me hit my Keypress of X.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I hit a shiny seed with a keypress BEFORE I re-calibrated. Just letting you know for some re-enforcement on the fluctuating idea.
well, it's looking like the older the firmware gets the more likely it is that keypress will affect timer0. i have a couple of people with very old firmware, and their timer0 is pretty much completely consistently raised one with a keypress. i'm not saying that every keypress will raise timer0, but if you look at davee's list, something along those lines, just not for specific keypresses.

well, it's looking like the older the firmware gets the more likely it is that keypress will affect timer0. i have a couple of people with very old firmware, and their timer0 is pretty much completely consistently raised one with a keypress. i'm not saying that every keypress will raise timer0, but if you look at davee's list, something along those lines, just not for specific keypresses.
For his list, it explains to me why I couldn't hit my seed. But, just one question.... You know how he lists that each Keypress requires C7C or something like that? If my Timer0's are C7B and C7C, does C7C go in the min box or he max box. I think it's max but I'm not sure.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I'm using PokeRNG for the Mac. According to both the parameter searcher and the seed searcher, the Timer 0 value was C85 and 85 respectively.
i just did a search with reporter and those IVs and the info and i got the seed you ended up at with timer0 C85. are you sure the seed you want isn't at a timer0 of C86?

Alright something is wrong here.

I seem to be doing everything right in order to hit the seed and hatch a flawless Cottonee but I keep hatching a female Timid Prankster not-flawless one instead of the Non-timid, non-prankster flawless ones Ive been hatching the past 3 hours...

This started happening when I tried to save 8 times before exiting the house...

Here are my specs:

DS Lite (00-23-CC-CD-05-5E)
Version: White (English)
TID: 48409
SID: N/A
Timer0: C7E
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6

Date: 2014/09/05
Time: 01:46:55
No Key press

Frame is 11 so I have 3 Pokemon in my party in order to gain 3 frames by the time I make my final step to go outside (Target (11) - Goal (Egg, so 8) - Initial (1, non C-gear) + 1 = advance by 3

Im starting on the right side of the day-care house, walking left and right 12 times (10 steps each) to hit 120. I walk to the far left of the door and walk one so that it is 7 steps + the one for walking outside which makes 8. My frame is advanced 3 when I walk outside and I quickly mash left and A to talk to the day care man and get the egg.

I feel like Im missing my seed even though I keep hitting it at X:X:54... (Hitting A I mean. Im not holding buttons after and Im continuing at/after the GameFreak Screen

Also, to add, this just happened again, after 8 saves...

wtf

And I know for a fact I am hitting the seed as I just did it a few times and got Timid/Whatever Nature Infiltrator (****) Flawless Cottonees

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
For his list, it explains to me why I couldn't hit my seed. But, just one question.... You know how he lists that each Keypress requires C7C or something like that? In your parameters, does it go in the Timer0 Min area, or in the Timer0 Max area? I think it is max, but I am not sure...
when you calibrate, you're using no keypresses. take that timer0 and make it the min then take that timer0 and add 1 to it and make that the max.

Okay, using the same parameters as before, I searched for standard seeds with no keypresses. I set the dates to search from (3/10-5/10/11). I got two results.

2011/04/07 TIME 11:59:59 TMR0 : C7F Keys: Seed: CB3724E444C5AE63
IV FRAME: 5 31/23/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER: DARK PWR:70 !!!FRAME:
NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

2011/04/08 TIME 17:05:27 TMR0:C7F KEYS: SEED:C5B1B1B4F373D9F9 IV FRAME: 5 31/14/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER: DRAGON PWR: 70 !!!FRAME: NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

Both results do not give any decent IVs.

I set my parameters to C80 and did the search again (same dates as above), and set the keys to none or one.
Got 20 results. For now, I'll share one.

2011/05/08 TIME: 05:04:52 TMR0:C80 KEYS: A FRAME : 5 SEED: FECD51DE2BA9BCC2 31/22/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER:DRAGON PWR:70 !!!FRAME: NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

This one is a bad apple as well.

What should I do next?
Bump.

I have a fat DS with v3, i.e. green screens. Your theory might explain a problem that I've been having recently.

When I first learned to RNG last week, I calibrated a bunch of times, and though the timer0 changed a little bit (possibly due to human error since I was new), the most common one was C80, so I used that for all my searches in RNG Reporter. When I RNG'd my first few Pokemon, I felt like my IV consistency was around 50%, which I thought was still pretty good since it was more lenient than HG/SS's timing for delays. Yesterday I was trying to learn how to RNG for PID/shinies, so I was using a new seed on C80 while holding Up. But this seed was like impossible to hit. I literally got it three times in more than 2 hours of trying (the 3 times I did hit it, I used them to find my starting PID frame, so I haven't even gotten my shiny yet). I couldn't hit it a fourth time, and it seemed like starting the game on the first half of the second consistently gave me one set of IVs and the second half gave me another.

So perhaps the fact that my DS is old and I was holding a button made this particular timer0 hard to hit? I had some trouble with my other RNGs while holding buttons but never this much. I did decide that I was going to lower my timer0 in future searches.

Ok, I need everyone to start checking their DS firmware!
v5, I haven't noticed any problems with fluctuating timer0s, most of the times I didn't hit the seed seem to be from hitting the wrong second.

Trying to RNG breed now. Put in a male and female tropius with no items whatsoever to calibrate it, and try to understand the breeding RNG. So I saved and calibrated my initial frame to (probably) 50, which was the only reasonable frame with a naive F with the DW ability, followed by a sassy DW male.

US Black on a DS lite, MAC 001DBCE1AB40, timer0 C7C

I found a non-cgear frame 8 gift, seed 669D2040B64A13D2
Time 4/17/11 16:46:00
With a target spread 31 / 22 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
With a father with 31 / 31 / 18 / 14 / 20 / 31
and mother with 8, 9 / 31 / 22 / 31 / 26 / 31

I aimed for a target frame (using Breeding (BW)) of 364, which should yield a Calm DW M with the spread M/F/x/F/x/x.

I got 2-16/31/31/14-15/31/31, which is obviously the wrong IV spread, but the right nature/gender/ability.

I did it again a few times using that baby (since it had better IVs than the father I was using before), and am consistently hitting the predicted nature/gender/(DW) ability, but even ignoring the IV spread, the inheritance spreads are turning up different from what it predicts.
quoting for a new page. I think that there must be something wrong with my procedure to have it be consistently...wrong

So...how does one account for saving in front of Reshiram/Zekrom in the castle?
I got correct IV's, followed the EonTimer as best as I could and caught Reshiram, waited till I lost to "N" and then I went in calculated IV's via Metalkid's newest calculator and then input the IV's into "Search IV's" and got "No match was found."

Oh yea...I downloaded the reporter from the 1st post.

Edit: Would starting C-gear BEFORE 2nd timer runs to zero affect the seed?

Other info: Seed: a9839272; Frame 2; Date/Time: 2011/04/28 09:57:00; Delay 3808.
Mac addy: 7a8387

Alright something is wrong here.

I seem to be doing everything right in order to hit the seed and hatch a flawless Cottonee but I keep hatching a female Timid Prankster not-flawless one instead of the Non-timid, non-prankster flawless ones Ive been hatching the past 3 hours...

This started happening when I tried to save 8 times before exiting the house...

Here are my specs:

DS Lite (00-23-CC-CD-05-5E)
Version: White (English)
TID: 48409
SID: N/A
Timer0: C7E
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6

Date: 2014/09/05
Time: 01:46:55
No Key press

Frame is 11 so I have 3 Pokemon in my party in order to gain 3 frames by the time I make my final step to go outside (Target (11) - Goal (Egg, so 8) - Initial (1, non C-gear) + 1 = advance by 3

Im starting on the right side of the day-care house, walking left and right 12 times (10 steps each) to hit 120. I walk to the far left of the door and walk one so that it is 7 steps + the one for walking outside which makes 8. My frame is advanced 3 when I walk outside and I quickly mash left and A to talk to the day care man and get the egg.

I feel like Im missing my seed even though I keep hitting it at X:X:54... (Hitting A I mean. Im not holding buttons after and Im continuing at/after the GameFreak Screen

Also, to add, this just happened again, after 8 saves...

wtf

And I know for a fact I am hitting the seed as I just did it a few times and got Timid/Whatever Nature Infiltrator (****) Flawless Cottonees
Still doing it but still no Flawless Timid PRANKSTER Cottonees... :/

alright so im finding my DS parameters and i just completed my first test of it and got this:

Version: White(english)

Actual seconds:26
Vcount:60
Timer0:C7F
GxStat:6
VFrame:6
Seed:64BADA6F89DBA57A

Date:4/10/2011
Time:16:16:25
No key presses

so how many tests would you guys recommend i do to find out what my constant Timer0 value would be? and how would you recommend doing it? let me know if i need to add more info

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Even if my Timer0 IS supposed to be C86 instead of 85, what should I do different so I hit 86 instead of 85?
just wait, really. keep trying. for some it seems timer0 fluctuates based upon keypress and for others it seems to fluctuate on its own. it seems to be based on the firmware on your DS. i think i see a trend, but i'd like more data before jumping to any conclusions.

I have a fat DS with v3, i.e. green screens. Your theory might explain a problem that I've been having recently.

When I first learned to RNG last week, I calibrated a bunch of times, and though the timer0 changed a little bit (possibly due to human error since I was new), the most common one was C80, so I used that for all my searches in RNG Reporter. When I RNG'd my first few Pokemon, I felt like my IV consistency was around 50%, which I thought was still pretty good since it was more lenient than HG/SS's timing for delays. Yesterday I was trying to learn how to RNG for PID/shinies, so I was using a new seed on C80 while holding Up. But this seed was like impossible to hit. I literally got it three times in more than 2 hours of trying (the 3 times I did hit it, I used them to find my starting PID frame, so I haven't even gotten my shiny yet). I couldn't hit it a fourth time, and it seemed like starting the game on the first half of the second consistently gave me one set of IVs and the second half gave me another.

So perhaps the fact that my DS is old and I was holding a button made this particular timer0 hard to hit? I had some trouble with my other RNGs while holding buttons but never this much. I did decide that I was going to lower my timer0 in future searches.

you calibrated with no keypresses, right? if so, the times you missed your seed were likely when timer0 was hitting C81. that's interesting, thank you.

just wait, really. keep trying. for some it seems timer0 fluctuates based upon keypress and for others it seems to fluctuate on its own. it seems to be based on the firmware on your DS. i think i see a trend, but i'd like more data before jumping to any conclusions.

According to my stats though, the Timer0 was exactly where it needed to be. So what gives?

http://i56.tinypic.com/359bjid.png

I won't be quoting this a third time.
If nobody has answered this.

I got a shiny archen from the plume fossil. This is what I did:

1. save in front of the fossil lady facing her direction with one of the fossil on hand.

2. Find a gift pokemon shiny seed in time finder with whatever nature you want.

3. restart your game and hit that seed and immediately mash a to give the lady the fossil, when you get the pokemon back check it's nature.

just repeat number 3 a bit and you will get 1 - 4 different natures. The guy in green in the top right area advances the PID rng randomly so there is no definite nature. Do not save to advance the PID either.

I got a mix of 3 natures and looked in RNG reporter after putting the seed in the main window and my 3 natures were on frame 47 48 and 49. My desired frame was 55 I believe.

After I knew my frame I would just load the game, wait about a second to talk to the lady and see if it landed on the shiny frame. After 4 tries of waiting a random amount of seconds I got my shiny frame.

It can take a while because the guy advances the PID on his own so you cannot control it manually. Wait the amount of seconds it takes to advance the difference in frames. in this case the difference would be 55 - 47 = 8 frames; I got it by luck I guess but if you keep trying and waiting a different amount of time each time you're going to eventually get it.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.

According to my stats though, the Timer0 was exactly where it needed to be. So what gives?

http://i56.tinypic.com/359bjid.png
e: nvm, chiizu got it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)