5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How do i check for encounter slots? better yet how do i use them? lol
On the main window of RNG Reporter go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Enter your full seed and ID/SID. Check off the shiny only box and make the encounter type Wild Pokemon. This should bring up all the shiny frames within that seed. Right click on the frame you're aiming for, and press Calculate Encounter Slot. Next to Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave), it will have a number from 0-11. You match that number with the encounter slot table which is on the bottom of that page. You just click on the version you have, then look for the area you're doing this at. The first pokemon is 0, the second is 1, etc.

On the main window of RNG Reporter go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Enter your full seed and ID/SID. Check off the shiny only box and make the encounter type Wild Pokemon. This should bring up all the shiny frames within that seed. Right click on the frame you're aiming for, and press Calculate Encounter Slot. Next to Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave), it will have a number from 0-11. You match that number with the encounter slot table which is on the bottom of that page. You just click on the version you have, then look for the area you're doing this at. The first pokemon is 0, the second is 1, etc.
and my question is related to this :)

the one that appears when you open RNG reporter? if so how i went to there and put everything you said to put. do i need to enter the ivs and change the max results or something?

Edit: nvm i got it

Edit 2: nope nevermind still need help on this lol

To do Shiny Abuse, do I need my SID? Is there any legal way to find my SID?

In addition, I've been breeding flawless eggs -- or at least trying. I need to set the IV frames to 8/8 min/max, correct? Also, I've been picking up the egg from the daycare man and got the same IVs twice. To be expected, correct? But this can be altered by Saving? I saved once and picked up the egg again. Same IVs, different Nature. If I save enough, will the IVs change (the inheritance, that is)?

Yes, to shiny abuse, you need your SID.

To find it is 2 ways: AR or Pokesav. Pokesav will require a Flashcart and ROM. However, there are so many English ROM's and no Pokesav for Gen 5...so you may have to find somebody w/an AR?

To do Shiny Abuse, do I need my SID? Is there any legal way to find my SID?

In addition, I've been breeding flawless eggs -- or at least trying. I need to set the IV frames to 8/8 min/max, correct? Also, I've been picking up the egg from the daycare man and got the same IVs twice. To be expected, correct? But this can be altered by Saving? I saved once and picked up the egg again. Same IVs, different Nature. If I save enough, will the IVs change (the inheritance, that is)?
If you started the game on a DS or DS Lite, and you know the rough time at which you started it, you can use your DS parameters to find a matching starting seed (and thus deduce your SID). If you started it on a DSi or 3DS, you'll have to wait until their seeding values are found.

I think the trainer card only has the date. PPRNG (the Mac program) has a function specifically for this; if it's not in RNG Reporter, I could find it for you if you give me the date, rough time, and DS parameters.

Gen V Pokesav exists. A quick Google search will find it.
Ok...that is different.
But good luck trying to find a workable ROM.

Now then...how exactly do you know (or kind of) know when the timer hits zero and it is ok to start the game and turn on the C-gear? Are you looking at the 1st number? Or all the numbers together?

Ok I found a problem with breeding.

I MIGHT be not hitting my seed but Im pretty sure this is not the case.

Whenever I try advancing the PID frame by saving I get the wrong spread...

any ideas on how to fix this?

Been looking at the first page of this thread. Is it possible to RNG abuse for a shiny wild pokemon using the C-Gear method? If not then is it possible to RNG abuse using non C-Gear without using an AR for MTIVRNG?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Been looking at the first page of this thread. Is it possible to RNG abuse for a shiny wild pokemon using the C-Gear method? If not then is it possible to RNG abuse using non C-Gear without using an AR for MTIVRNG?
It's actually quite simple to do regular seed abuse not for shinies. I myself haven't figured out how to correctly do shiny abuse for normal seeds so I can't help you there.

Is there an easier way to find shiny egg PIDs than checking each individual seed in breeding (BW)? The nearest shiny frames in the time finder don't seem to have any correlation with the breeding frames.

I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
Frame: 46
TID: 24638
SID: 02278
Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).

Anybody? I am drowning here. I'm sure I have misunderstood one of the steps. Probably #5 in Bond's tutorial.
I had the same problem yesterday. Try putting that new TID you got from saying 3 No's into the TID box and see what frame you get. If I'm not wrong, you're probably hitting frame 47 after 3 No's so try 2 No's instead.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is the starting frame for eggs for Non C-Gear?
As has been said many times in this thread, the starting frame is different for every seed and is for you to find out.

In the future we may have something that predicts it for you, but don't hold your breath waiting for it.

You cannot abuse shinies with the C-Gear.

Is there an easier way to find shiny egg PIDs than checking each individual seed in breeding (BW)? The nearest shiny frames in the time finder don't seem to have any correlation with the breeding frames.
I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a shiny egg. The list on breeding (BW) doesn't correlate to the actual sequence of natures/inheritance you get from hatching eggs.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a shiny egg. The list on breeding (BW) doesn't correlate to the actual sequence of natures/inheritance you get from hatching eggs.
It actually does. The list of natures was fixed a few versions back, and inheritance was fixed (male\female was just swapped) in beta 6.4.

It actually does. The list of natures was fixed a few versions back, and inheritance was fixed (male\female was just swapped) in beta 6.4.
Serious? I'll have to get on that then. Any idea roughly where the egg PID frame starts?

EDIT: Also, if you're breeding, say, a beldum and a ditto, which one is the male and which is the female?

2ND EDIT: Come to think of it, what happens when you breed a ditto with anything? Does the ditto fill the role of the opposite gender of the other parent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)