dude , wheres my weather??!?!? ( a non weather team ) peacked top 100

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so once again , Hi Smogon ^.^ , this is mikaela here again for another rmt, id liek to start in saying that i personally hate the extreme use of different styles of weather in the ou metagame , its boring. so i decided to make a normal team (zomg no way) this team does fairly well against all styles of weather and just fairly well over all, any suggestions to make it better than it is would be greatly appreciated.

BUILDING PROCESS

well just a regular F/W/G + ghost Core, And i really wanted to use zoroaaku,

zoroaaku, ( he hides as breloom ) part of my fwg, Ushally draws out psychic or ghosts, to u know wall them, suprisingly ushally doesent even lead for me, comes in late

shiny because he looks BA shiny

now for my f/w/g i chose to go with 3 offensive threats since that seems to be the style of this team, i chose with 3 pokes i kno that work , and they work well, F/W/G has always worked well being able to come in on many hits and proceed from there ,

i noticed a weakness to calm mind, and bulky pokes so i decided to go with this guy, coming in resistance for fire and fighting fits well, calm minding against others like renekilous and beating them

and last but not least we got my scarfer, i need something the was fast and could hit hard, also something to outpseed other dragons, , the only option that i could think of was latios with a choice scarf, comes in hits hard and leaves

TIME FOR SOME DEPTH

inb4specs (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psycho Shock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

now i dont know exactly why latios leads most of the time but he does, being able to ohko most politoads, and nintales, laughin the face of genosect, nattorei, and a few others, psycho shock for blissey/chancey that want to come in, draco meteor is obvious, surf, for ... idk , and hp fire for nattorei, and genosect, and other steels ,

youfoundme (Zoroaaku) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Night Burst
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

now, sash on something that isent a lead? risky i know, but i find not many entrey hazards in this gen( is that just me ), night burst and focus blast for coverage nasty plot for the obvious boost, and sub to hid saftley on a switch

Zoroaaku hides as breloom as previously stayted, Witch draws psychic attacks, alot i find, with is just hilarious, allowing me to kill the user or set up more nasty plots, this poke is very good even tho is defences arent steller, IMO,

Now to zee core

wilechase (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat

infernape, my main powerhouse aside from Latios, Jolly and choice band is VERY GOOD , with stab CC and Flare Blitz makes for a devistating poke,
Uturn is for scouting perposes, and stone edge is for teh birds that thing there smart,

Ive been considering switching stone edge for the likes of mach punch, For that ever annoying excadrill, cause if rocks are up i really have no way to kill excadrill,

OMG RUN (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

another DD gyara, A very good sweeper even at +1 , With Eq Waterfall, and ice fang for great coverage

Eq for things that are weak to eq, waterfall, for things weak to waterfall ? and ice fang for the dragons, Being able to ohko almost all dragons at +1,

Gyara likes to sweep agaisnt sun teams with ice fang and eq for coverage hitting basically all sun pokes ushally found on a sun team for super effective damage, (witch i find really nice)

Shandera (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

god i love this guy, being able to take down blissey, other fire pokemon(excluding heartran) and just alot of pokemon with realitvley no problum at all, Blissey can not hit shandera at all, accept for like ice beam(lol), love to go in calm mind wars with sub, and win, with no problum, wtih 2 pokemon looking like breloom i find alot of flamethrowers coming tword me so shandera likes the fire boost,

fkndouchebag (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

the nickname fits , does it not? lol breloom is just a troll, sleeping pokes, subing , spamming focus punch of seedbomb depending on the opposing poke, dealing with rotom-w and other bulky waters, and blissey and chancey, and basically anythign that wants to stand in its way

CONCLUSION

This is the team, I made it quickly , tested it for a bit, realized i had something here, Opinions are greatly welcomed, and im willing to change basically anything, this is not my play style so im not use to it, i prefer the bulk, but , Happy Rating Smogon!

Mizuhime

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
reserved for threat list,

and things ive noticed

Major threats will be bolded

Excadrill
All 3 Genies
Mulit Scale Dragonite
Gliscor (i have nothing once gyara is dead)
Latios(i have to sac something to kill it)
Scarf Chomp (after latios is dead)
Swords Dance Scizor ( to an extent )
CB TTAR

Defensive Threats

Posion Heal Gliscor
Sp Def Toad
Anything that likes to paralize,

Major Problums,

-I noticed with this team i have nothing, and i mean nothing that likes to paralized, or status in anyway bar Breloom and his posion, My team is fast and powerful, Twave is a B**** to deal with

- Gets Dominated by Stall

More to come soon !

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
posted in the other one on accident, so I've moved it here.

On Shandera try
252 HP / 72 Def / 180 Spe Bold
or something. Without investment Flamethrower OHKOs 252/252+ve Ferrothorn. CM boosts your SpA and SDef anyway. Max Speed doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile (unless I misread the speed tiers), so 180 is used to outspeed Magnezone (for whatever reason). You can just invest everything in defense, however. Timid 168 also works to outspeed +base 70s.

The take home message is: if you aren't using a Scarf, IMO you should maximize defensive capabilities.

Mizuhime

posted in the other one on accident, so I've moved it here.

On Shandera try
252 HP / 72 Def / 180 Spe Bold
or something. Without investment Flamethrower OHKOs 252/252+ve Ferrothorn. CM boosts your SpA and SDef anyway. Max Speed doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile (unless I misread the speed tiers), so 180 is used to outspeed Magnezone (for whatever reason). You can just invest everything in defense, however. Timid 168 also works to outspeed +base 70s.

The take home message is: if you aren't using a Scarf, IMO you should maximize defensive capabilities.

thank you i will try this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)