Finals Smogon Premier League II - Play-offs - Finals! [Won by The Stark Sharks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!_________

Uh yeah, sorry for not being much of a co-host. It turns out I cared less than I expected after the auction was held at a time I had little to no internet access. Really enjoyed the Wolfpack stepping their game up and getting into the semi's though, that's a huge improvement from last year.

To sort of make it up to you guys (and because LN asked) I did the trophy duties. For some reason the ACP half-crashes whenever I try to access MrE's usergroup. I guess somewhere out there he is really clinging to that one trophy. Bother Doug or some other tech-savvy admin to solve that issue, I guess? I mean I'm sure no one wants MrE to have a trophy for longer than necessary...

Last but not at least, congratulations Stark Sharks!

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
GG Sharks, you were tough until the very end.

As a rookie, I'd like to say thank you to all the Ruiners for being amazing teammates and amazing friends, all those weeks were really entertaining. Looking forward to play for you guys again next year.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Awesome work Lady Bo$$! I had a ton of fun with the Sharks this season, pretty much everyone was easy to get along with and these team things are always way better/more fun when you're with a bunch of great guys. I've gotta mention Eo, Huy, that guy that I always get lucky against...I think his name is Stallion (You would make a great FULL manager imo) and SNUNCH who made classiest bearable even with our less than stellar record (:P). The thing I probably enjoyed most this SPL was getting to know DarkLucario, Smurf and Conflict who I hadn't talked to before this, you guys (and all the sharks) are all great fun to hang out with. GGs ruiners, you were definitely tough opponents.

Last but not least,
_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!_________

P.S. Stone is awesome

Gah, I should have accepted the offer to sit on the bench for most of the season, at least then I'd get another trophy with little effort.

But seriously, excellent job Stark Sharks, you've earned it :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My biggest regret in SPL is giving Pana the chance to get a second team trophy :(

(but seriously thanks for the mention + vote of confidence).

Congrats Sharks, well deserved!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, now I know what it feels like to be left at the altar. And with my luck, and at this rate, that will happen too.

I normally try to not complain about hax and accept defeat graciously, but this finals round was complete and utter bullshit. The Sharks are the most undeserving trophy winners ever, not a single person on that roster deserves a trophy for this SPL season. The Alpha Ruiners were a better team and outplayed the Sharks and somehow managed to lose by conditions we had no control over. If ever a winner deserved to have an asterisk by their names, this would be it.

No, this wasn't any sort of cosmic balance, karma, or whatever you want to call it, not that I believe in those anyway. If those did exist, we would have won. This was nothing short of highway robbery that allowed an unworthy team filled with unworthy players and personnel to get (notice how I didn't say "win" or "earn") a trophy. No, it wasn't "meant to be", because nothing happens because it's supposed to. The Sharks first five "wins" came down to (in order): a freeze, a 50/50, an overheat miss, a freeze, and a choke. Not a single convincing win in the bunch. Not a single instance of being out-teamed or out-played. The Sharks might get the trophy, but it is definitely not deserved, as deserve had nothing to do with this. The Ruiners were better. The Ruiners are better. The Ruiners know this, and anyone who paid any attention to this series would know that, hell the Sharks probably know that. It is nothing but a meaningless trophy.

This is all before we even get into all the shady under the table dealings the Sharks pulled, while showing no loyalty to any of their players. I don't know if I should be more pissed at the people behind the trade or the people that allowed it to happen. But hey, at least Husk gets to keep his SPL trophy without playing a single playoff game. And yeah, let's reward constant asshole behavior from the Sharks, from the top to the bottom of the organization. Speaking of which... look at MOP, thinking this trophy makes any sort of a difference, acting like it allows him to act like even more of an asshole than usual. You are still just the same player as before this all started, a player that has never accomplished anything. And if you did ghost any of those finals matches? You should be embarrassed if that is the best you could do. You and I both know just how much you lucked out here, no matter how you try to justify it to yourself. Funny thing though, if we won I was going to make a post bashing every single one of the Sharks players, and it would have been a hell of a lot better than your weak ass post.

I have no idea how a team can be bailed out by such improbable last minute luck time and time again. I guess the saying is true, "No one wins, one side just loses more slowly." This wasn't just "hax is part of the game" or "those are the breaks" kinds of hax, it was literally "no fucking way that could possibly have just happened" hax, in every important turn of every game. Hell, it was so improbable Smogon promptly shut down for a week afterwards rather than process it (and I should've followed suit...). The Sharks have to tell me, what demon did you sell your soul to for this? Because I obviously sold mine to the wrong one. I guess it isn't true that the devil you know is better than the one you don't...

To the Alpha Ruiners, now. First, thank you to all of our fans and everyone who supported us and helped us out throughout the regular season and the playoffs. To the players and management: we had a good run, I'm sorry it had to end that way. Back to back finals appearances is still plenty impressive. You all individually exceeded my expectations, you guys won, rose to the occasion, and had my back whenever I needed you guys to. I'm proud of every one of you, and you are all champions in my book, for whatever that is worth.

But fuck the Sharks, and fuck this game, I'm through with it.

PS
What the fuck happened to my Kate Beckinsale avatar?! It looks like Smogon really doesn't want me to stay...

Well, now I know what it feels like to be left at the altar. And with my luck, and at this rate, that will happen too.

I normally try to not complain about hax and accept defeat graciously, but this finals round was complete and utter bullshit. The Sharks are the most undeserving trophy winners ever, not a single person on that roster deserves a trophy for this SPL season. The Alpha Ruiners were a better team and outplayed the Sharks and somehow managed to lose by conditions we had no control over. If ever a winner deserved to have an asterisk by their names, this would be it.

No, this wasn't any sort of cosmic balance, karma, or whatever you want to call it, not that I believe in those anyway. If those did exist, we would have won. This was nothing short of highway robbery that allowed an unworthy team filled with unworthy players and personnel to get (notice how I didn't say "win" or "earn") a trophy. No, it wasn't "meant to be", because nothing happens because it's supposed to. The Sharks first five "wins" came down to (in order): a freeze, a 50/50, an overheat miss, a freeze, and a choke. Not a single convincing win in the bunch. Not a single instance of being out-teamed or out-played. The Sharks might get the trophy, but it is definitely not deserved, as deserve had nothing to do with this. The Ruiners were better. The Ruiners are better. The Ruiners know this, and anyone who paid any attention to this series would know that, hell the Sharks probably know that. It is nothing but a meaningless trophy.

This is all before we even get into all the shady under the table dealings the Sharks pulled, while showing no loyalty to any of their players. I don't know if I should be more pissed at the people behind the trade or the people that allowed it to happen. But hey, at least Husk gets to keep his SPL trophy without playing a single playoff game. And yeah, let's reward constant asshole behavior from the Sharks, from the top to the bottom of the organization. Speaking of which... look at MOP, thinking this trophy makes any sort of a difference, acting like it allows him to act like even more of an asshole than usual. You are still just the same player as before this all started, a player that has never accomplished anything. And if you did ghost any of those finals matches? You should be embarrassed if that is the best you could do. You and I both know just how much you lucked out here, no matter how you try to justify it to yourself. Funny thing though, if we won I was going to make a post bashing every single one of the Sharks players, and it would have been a hell of a lot better than your weak ass post.

I have no idea how a team can be bailed out by such improbable last minute luck time and time again. I guess the saying is true, "No one wins, one side just loses more slowly." This wasn't just "hax is part of the game" or "those are the breaks" kinds of hax, it was literally "no fucking way that could possibly have just happened" hax, in every important turn of every game. Hell, it was so improbable Smogon promptly shut down for a week afterwards rather than process it (and I should've followed suit...). The Sharks have to tell me, what demon did you sell your soul to for this? Because I obviously sold mine to the wrong one. I guess it isn't true that the devil you know is better than the one you don't...

To the Alpha Ruiners, now. First, thank you to all of our fans and everyone who supported us and helped us out throughout the regular season and the playoffs. To the players and management: we had a good run, I'm sorry it had to end that way. Back to back finals appearances is still plenty impressive. You all individually exceeded my expectations, you guys won, rose to the occasion, and had my back whenever I needed you guys to. I'm proud of every one of you, and you are all champions in my book, for whatever that is worth.

PS
What the fuck happened to my Kate Beckinsale avatar?! It looks like Smogon really doesn't want me to stay...

In all honesty, I only read the first two sentences and already got bored.

PS

i am literally in awe at how eloquent that essay was; has anyone here ever read something longer than 10 words from scofield that didn't have a grammatical mistake / homophone confusion / run-on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)