Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well it seems that i am doing something wrong.I hitted 2 times my delay and i got the same Gastly both times but not the Gastly i wanted.
I have to advance to 71 frame
I do 32 journal flips then i use max repel and i walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party.
The Pokemon i get both times is Gastly
Male-Adamant-Often Lost in thought-lvl 17
39-18-15-37-17-32
with this seed D2140289 is probably the pokemon at Frame 424 as the iv's matches with the IV range of the pokemon.
Any idea what is going wrong ?

Edit: I read this on Smogon Guide : For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by two to get the number of Journal flips that are required.
Is it possible that this may affected the RNG and if so is there any other way to Advance my frame with odd number?

Well it seems that i am doing something wrong.I hitted 2 times my delay and i got the same Gastly both times but not the Gastly i wanted.
I have to advance to 71 frame
I do 32 journal flips then i use max repel and i walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party.
The Pokemon i get both times is Gastly
Male-Adamant-Often Lost in thought-lvl 17
39-18-15-37-17-32
with this seed D2140289 is probably the pokemon at Frame 424 as the iv's matches with the IV range of the pokemon.
Any idea what is going wrong ?
Woops sorry, Moving 1 step in places where there are wild pokemon increases the frame by 1 so just walk 71 steps.

I have a small question about a thing that has been bugging me for a while now.

I'm doing some RNG'ing in HG and up until a week ago, it was all fine. I know the formula for frame advancements is ->(RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon) so I was doing that no prob.

Now, I was doing the Arceus event to get one of each of the the 4th gen legendary trio, so I got my giratina using the formula and it was all good (the frame minus one since the roamers in my game are already captured). However, When I was doing both Palkia and Dialga, for some strange reason I had to substract two RNG movements to land on my desired frame. I thought, maybe their monster frame isn't one and just convinced myself it was some silly mistake.

But now I've been breeding some stuff and that extra frame keeps popping up, forcing me to substract two out of every formula I make. So, anyone knows why is my game adding an extra two frames consistently to every RNG that I'm performing? :S

Cheers
Have you released Entei, Raikou, or Latias in to the wild aka have them roaming around the map.
As I said in the previous post, I have already captured them.
Anything else that might be affecting my RNG?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to RNG a starter Chikorita in Heartgold on the seed 390C0401 using Method 1. The spread I'm trying to hit is on Frame 1, which should generate a Bold female Chikorita with 29/26/27/27/29/31 IVs, so I don't have to advance the frames any. The time and date I'm aiming for is April 2nd, 2011 at 12:01:48. I'm plugging in the target delay of 1014 and the target second of 48 into EonTimer, starting up the game from the DS menu when the first timer goes to 0, and hitting Continue when the second timer goes to 0.

I've been doing this for awhile, but I still haven't hit the right seed. Am I doing everything right? Did I screw up somewhere? I've only RNGed for egg IVs in 4th Gen so I'm not sure if I'm getting the procedure correct, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've decided to try an RNG a full set of shiny Unown, but things aren't working out the way I thought.

I'm using the following links to convert PID to binary and binary into decimal:
http://www.easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php
http://www.easycalculation.com/binary-converter.php

Using seed 01130323 and frame 8, which has the PID 21E241AD (according RNG Reporter 8 BETA 5), I went through the conversion process to get a final value of 17. According to your page here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#unown_shape, this would result in an Unown R.

However, upon RNGing it, I come across an Unown Q instead. With every try I've done with different PIDs, the resultant Unown is always different from the Unown I'm "supposed" to get.

A second example, taken directly from my post elsewhere is:

"Then, I came across 2 Unown U in a row. One shiny, one not. I look at their PIDs, go through the whole process and... their final numbers don't match.

One had a value of 19, the other had 13. Both came out as Unown U."

Current results are (Final Value / Theoretical Letter / Obtained Letter):

14 / O / S
24 / Y / B
19 / T / U
8 / I / P
17 / R / Q

Is there a reason why I'm not getting the Unown I'm supposed to get?

I got a question about gen4 RNG, from the RNGreporter I understand is there anyway to hit the seed for IV 31/30/30/31/31/31 ?
(in any methods)

It seems impossible to get such a seed with the RNGreporter.
Thanks in advance.

^increase your max delay and your frame. Are you sure you're in Time Finder and doing a Capture(the first tab) search with the right method?
thanks for quick reply.but no matter how the delay/frame were increased, the seed founder will not find anything(it works with other IVs).
and from other trading post I read this set of IV should be doable, thats why I am confused.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've decided to try an RNG a full set of shiny Unown, but things aren't working out the way I thought.

I'm using the following links to convert PID to binary and binary into decimal:
http://www.easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php
http://www.easycalculation.com/binary-converter.php

Using seed 01130323 and frame 8, which has the PID 21E241AD (according RNG Reporter 8 BETA 5), I went through the conversion process to get a final value of 17. According to your page here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#unown_shape, this would result in an Unown R.

*snip*
In 4th gen, Unown shape is no longer determined by the PID. It is determined by the "formes" byte, the same one used for Wormadam form, Shaymin forme, etc.

At present, we do not know how the RNG decides what to use for Unown shape.

Any tips on how to advance the frame in Lugias cave? Also what Method is Gift Pokemon in SS such as the Extremespeed Dratini in the Dragons Den?

RNG IV BREEDING

Does anybody know how to use the RNG perfect IV breed properly for DPPt? I have yet to find a decent explanation and Smogon's guide doesn't explain it to well either (pretty poorly actually) Nobody made a decent video on youtube yet either showing every little step they do. Is anybody up for the challenge to make pokemon a friendly place for everyone?

I thought your delay time was 60 times the number of seconds it takes you to get into the game.

That takes me about 14 seconds which should give me a delay time of 840 but the RNG reporter says my delay is 499 so I don't understand.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought your delay time was 60 times the number of seconds it takes you to get into the game.

That takes me about 14 seconds which should give me a delay time of 840 but the RNG reporter says my delay is 499 so I don't understand.
That used to bug me a lot, haha. The delay value doesn't start counting until some time after you start the game from the DS menu, approximately 840 - 499 / 60 = 5.68 seconds in your case.

Does anybody know how to use the RNG perfect IV breed properly for DPPt? I have yet to find a decent explanation and Smogon's guide doesn't explain it to well either (pretty poorly actually) Nobody made a decent video on youtube yet either showing every little step they do. Is anybody up for the challenge to make pokemon a friendly place for everyone?
I hate to be this way, but your post is really upsetting. If you want to make this a friendly place, you could try making friendly posts. The researchers and authors of the guides are adults with school and/or full-time jobs with very little (read: zero) time. I'm sure they don't like being told that their hard work is done "pretty poorly." Oh, about that, it seems like it's written well enough to where hundreds (thousands?) of trade threads over the last 2-3 years have been FULL of RNG'd Pokemon.

Your target second is most likely 14. The reason it is left up in the air is because it has been known to be 13 or 15 for some people. There is no way to "know it" other than by trial and error, which is why the article doesn't give some magic formula to figure it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)