5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Did anyone post a reliable guide on how to RNG eggs yet? I get the PID for eggs and events is different than the RNG for regular pokemon but I don't uunderstand how to manipulate it. Also does this new RNG reporter support DSi's so I can try bears method?
No one posted an answer to my question before. Anyone?

@krabs: make sure you have the same encounter type on both the time finder and the front page.

@Pokethan: RNGing for gift pokemon is done the same way as with all other encounter types - you just receive the egg instead of Sweet Scenting/ Fishing.

oh gotcha, i had BW breeding instead of standard seed gift. Now i changed both of them to standard seed gift. Hopefully i did that right and thanks for helping me out :)

@Pokethan: RNGing for gift pokemon is done the same way as with all other encounter types - you just receive the egg instead of Sweet Scenting/ Fishing.
I wasn't refering to gift pokemon, I was refering to PIDRNG. I know that event pokemon you get from mystery gift and eggs ivs are determined different than standard soo i need to know how to influence them.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g

zzzzzzzz

BW RNG Manipulation Guide Part 5 - How to Hatch Shiny (and Perfect) Pokémon
Full guide coming soon.

Use the shiny only checkbox in Time Finder when finding seeds, with the Gift Method selected and Frame 8 being
the minimum IV frame, and 55 being the minimum PID frame. You will need to find your initial frame and as such
just like before, determine how many advances you need to hit your target frame. Do note that you may not get
the lowest frames possible, or the best IV and Inheritance Spreads. Try out a bunch of seeds, even flawed ones can
give you good flawless shinies.

If you have the option to breed internationally, by all means do so. It increases the amount of shiny frames you can
hit six fold.

Since you are hitting a specific PID, the possible frames you can hit can be manipulated by your setup. This is
achieved with a Ditto and Everstone. Toy around with your inputs to change around the results. Find a specific
frame, find your initial, and hit it.

(Target Frame) – (Initial Frame) = Advances Required
Searching Egg Seeds is too computation intensive to search like Standard Seeds, as there are tens of calculations as opposed to 2. Thus is why you search for gift spreads on frame 8 like any other gift.

Don't use power items.

==

The guide has your answer :(

So can anyone tell me if RNG reporter 9.75 is just not working correctly with breeding DW abilities? Still hatching my flawless shiny Pokemon with normal abilities where the program is reporting "True" under the Dream World heading.

Ive been following kaphotics guide and im currently trying to id abuse but i dont understand this part

Start the game and check the TID you got.
Go into Pandora and enter the TID. Subtract the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name.

What does it mean by subtracting the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name.

Thanks

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Ive been following kaphotics guide and im currently trying to id abuse but i dont understand this part

Start the game and check the TID you got.
Go into Pandora and enter the TID. Subtract the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name.

What does it mean by subtracting the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name.

Thanks
Pandoras tells you what frame you hit on whatever seed you hit when you specify the TID you got with your parameters.

If you hit your seed, the frame you initially hit needs advancements to hit your target frame on that seed. You have to have a target seed.

@Kaphotics: Whenever i search for shiny spreads, i come across a lot of unusable results. F.e., when i want to catch a shiny Deino, i'm only interested in encounter slots 3,7,9,11, PID frames above 40, Hidden Power Dark and Modest nature - RNG reporter, however, gives me all possible combinations of results. That's why it would be awesome if you could talk with OD to implement a few new options on the next release: Most importantly, a min shiny frame option, like we have max shiny frame, so that RNG reporter no longer takes so long cycling through unusable frame 6 or 30 spreads (earlier than initial PID frame). Also cool would be an option where we could select the nature we want (like in DP), as well as the enounter slot.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Time finder already has those, search on the right side for Encounter Slot and Nature.

You can only search for one encounter slot, or all encounter slots. Just filter them after the search is complete.

>.>

It has to cycle through all of the "too low" frames because you can't just jump to any point in a seed, you have to advance it. Just ignore them.

I can't select anything next to "encounter slot", "ability", and "nature". They have "any" as a default option, and won't let me change that, no matter how much i click on them (they're kinda blank). Hope this wasn't too wordy.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
how can i find out what an ability number is for pokemon with 2 abilities? also when searching for shiny frames for wild pokemon would i set it to all encounters shiny or click the shiny box? also how do i find my starting PID
Pokedex-IV Checker. As people have said before, it's right in RNG Reporter.

==

I can't select anything next to "encounter slot", "ability", and "nature". They have "any" as a default option, and won't let me change that, no matter how much i click on them (they're kinda blank). Hope this wasn't too wordy.
Select PIDRNG as the method, fill in whatever non IV related you want. Switch to Standard Seed and then enter the IVs you want.

Bold means Syncable by the way :)

It's done like this to prevent people from fiddling with plain old Standard Seed Searching.

Ok so i know how to capture shiny pokemon but i can't figure out how to breed them? What encounter type should i be using? More than likely "Gift Pokemon" but what exactly is "All Encounter Shiny?" If i select "Gift Pokemon" none of the natures appear bold (which would normally give me the opportunity to override it with a syncher [or ever stone?]). I'm also having a hard time pin pointing my starting PID frame. I'm not using and ever stone or power item during this process.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ok so i know how to capture shiny pokemon but i can't figure out how to breed them? What encounter type should i be using? More than likely "Gift Pokemon" but what exactly is "All Encounter Shiny?" If i select "Gift Pokemon" none of the natures appear bold (which would normally give me the opportunity to override it with a syncher [or ever stone?]). I'm also having a hard time pin pointing my starting PID frame. I'm not using and ever stone or power item during this process.
Gift pokemon cant be synchronized.
I'm not completely sure if theyre bold for everstones too.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g

zzzzzzzz

BW RNG Manipulation Guide Part 5 - How to Hatch Shiny (and Perfect) Pokémon
Full guide coming soon.

Use the shiny only checkbox in Time Finder when finding seeds, with the Gift Method selected and Frame 8 being
the minimum IV frame, and 55 being the minimum PID frame. You will need to find your initial frame and as such
just like before, determine how many advances you need to hit your target frame. Do note that you may not get
the lowest frames possible, or the best IV and Inheritance Spreads. Try out a bunch of seeds, even flawed ones can
give you good flawless shinies.

If you have the option to breed internationally, by all means do so. It increases the amount of shiny frames you can
hit six fold.

Since you are hitting a specific PID, the possible frames you can hit can be manipulated by your setup. This is achieved with a Ditto and Everstone. Toy around with your inputs to change around the results. Find a specific frame, find your initial, and hit it.

(Target Frame) – (Initial Frame) = Advances Required
Searching Egg Seeds is too computation intensive to search like Standard Seeds, as there are tens of calculations as opposed to 2. Thus is why you search for gift spreads on frame 8 like any other gift.

Don't use power items.
Hopefully that is clear enough (a page ago). Look at the bold :X
Test each one out for yourself, Eggs are too computation intensive to search so you have to manually test each seed.

You probably didn't advance the PIDRNG to the right frame.
@darkdruidnegral: The RNG responsible for IVs is different from the one responsible for PIDs. Try checking some guides.
To clarify, I'm not concerned with its gender or nature. I'm concerned with the fact that it was a Piloswine instead of a Ditto. Does advancing the PIDRNG's frame change the encountered Pokemon?

andrea

/me cresselias

To clarify, I'm not concerned with its gender or nature. I'm concerned with the fact that it was a Piloswine instead of a Ditto. Does advancing the PIDRNG's frame change the encountered Pokemon?
Yes. Enter your full seed into PIDRNG and you can see how it changes in each PID frame advancement.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, because the PIDRNG is what determines the encounter slot, not the IVRNG. Don't mix up the IVRNG and PIDRNG. They have no bearing on each other.

alright so im trying to find shiny spreads with the ivs i want and im not getting any results. i have the shiny box checked and im on standard seed. should i keep searching every month for the spread or is it not possible for me to get the spread i want?

Does weather effect frames like it did in 4th gen? I'm working on abusing Thundurus, but I'm struggling to find where my starting frame for natures/shiny is. I've done 4 attempts, each time doing one more chatot call than the previous and I think I've found my starting frame, but they are still spread out a decent amount (204, 214, 222, 223). So should I just do multiple ones without any advances and see if I can get a more concise range, or does that appear to be okay for what I need?

Also, any tips for those that have abused shiny Thundurus before would be appreciated.

When I hit a PID with a "True" for DW ability, am I guaranteed to have the DW ability, or is it a 40% chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)