5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rain advances the PIDRNG by 60/s.
Earlier in the thread someone had a frame 1900+ offset.

Snow advances it to 316+ offset off frame 1.

Use the PID%6 and a lot of trial and error to find your initial frame (accounting rain).

==

DW inheritance is a current bug due to the correction of everstones, looks like.

I hit the exact same seed for when I bred my DW swablu, and I got the DW ability. But when I bred Gligar, it had Sand Veil.
You didnt hit the same frame! You might have had multiple shiny frames, but different pre-IV PIDRNG results.

Assuming you didnt use power items... It was working before, we had to correct everstones and DW will be corrected later. It's a 40% chance.

Rain advances the PIDRNG by 60/s.
Earlier in the thread someone had a frame 1900+ offset.

Snow advances it to 316+ off frame 1.

DW inheritance is a current bug due to the correction of everstones, looks like.
I hit the exact same seed for when I bred my DW swablu, and I got the DW ability. But when I bred Gligar, it had Sand Veil.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Does weather effect frames like it did in 4th gen? I'm working on abusing Thundurus, but I'm struggling to find where my starting frame for natures/shiny is. I've done 4 attempts, each time doing one more chatot call than the previous and I think I've found my starting frame, but they are still spread out a decent amount (204, 214, 222, 223). So should I just do multiple ones without any advances and see if I can get a more concise range, or does that appear to be okay for what I need?

Also, any tips for those that have abused shiny Thundurus before would be appreciated.
Unfortunately it does, making the roamers a hassle to RNG

Like he said, it looks like it is bugged somehow. When I was finding my starting PID frame for my Vulpix, the ones that said True were Drought. But when I hit my target shiny frame, it wound up being Flash Fire even though it was listed as True there. I'm guessing more research is needed on the subject, I'm not knowledgeable on the inner workings of it.

Okay, so since it's April I've got snow when I walk out. Does it advance it by 316/second, or is it a one time deal. And does the rain that it generates effect the frame, or is everything set before it effects the weather?

Is there any idea of how seeding works in flashcarts? I'm using an R4 with Wood DS firmware.

I'd actually be interested in helping with some research, but I have no idea how to even get started my DS parameters because it doesn't work with the flashcarts. I'm also having trouble finding any AR codes that show the MTRNG seeds, and the PID seeds for the US version of the games.

I am afraid of asking this because I dread what the answer might be. Do DSi's still not work for any 5th gen PRNG? I know that they don't work with Non-Cgear but do they not work with C-gear seeds too?

Dsi's work with C-Gear. ive done C-Gear with my dsi before
Ok I was just wondering why when I tried to put in my DS parameters on the RNG Reporter 9.75 I went to DS types and it had for the DSi option "not working." So do I just select DSi and do everything else normally or is there anything special I have to do with the RNG Reporter?

Ok I was just wondering why when I tried to put in my DS parameters on the RNG Reporter 9.75 I went to DS types and it had for the DSi option "not working." So do I just select DSi and do everything else normally or is there anything special I have to do with the RNG Reporter?
For C-Gear seeds you don't need any parameters besides your MAC Adress.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Prerequisites
 RNG Reporter
o Note to Mac Users: This software works under Windows and Linux. PPRNG is the Mac equivalent of the 5th Generation RNG Reporter. Use it instead.​
 A clock with a clear Seconds reading.
 DS Original or DS Lite
o DSi series and 3DS are only able to abuse IVs with the C-Gear method​

It's in the first page of the guide I've posted on the past two + pages...

Prerequisites
 RNG Reporter
o Note to Mac Users: This software works under Windows and Linux. PPRNG is the Mac equivalent of the 5th Generation RNG Reporter. Use it instead.​
 A clock with a clear Seconds reading.
 DS Original or DS Lite
o DSi series and 3DS are only able to abuse IVs with the C-Gear method​

It's in the first page of the guide I've posted on the past two + pages...
Im sorry for my stupidity. Im terrible at seeing stuff like that.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there any idea of how seeding works in flashcarts? I'm using an R4 with Wood DS firmware.

I'd actually be interested in helping with some research, but I have no idea how to even get started my DS parameters because it doesn't work with the flashcarts. I'm also having trouble finding any AR codes that show the MTRNG seeds, and the PID seeds for the US version of the games.
Flashcarts come in all sorts of models and firmwares and have different SD card types. All of these affect the parameters in many different ways, and we're not going to spend time tracking down them all. You're just going to have to find your own parameters. RNG Reporter lets you specify a range, so just do that.

Woohoo, back to C-gear for my first Entralink RNG. So I hit my seed as I used to (or pray I did), enter Entralink immediately, then RNG by steps? And if I remember correct, gotta be frame 3 or higher.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Woohoo, back to C-gear for my first Entralink RNG. So I hit my seed as I used to (or pray I did), enter Entralink immediately, then RNG by steps? And if I remember correct, gotta be frame 3 or higher.
If I understand it correctly, there's some inconsistency in the starting IV frame, so if you can, it's better to grab a female and RNG breed it.

I was afraid of that.

I managed to retrieve the female nidoran from the other day, and figured RNGing the new Nidoking would be easier if both parents had a bunch of 31s. I know my current Nidoking has excellent IVs, not perfect but pretty close. Figured if the other parent did everything nicely, the child would get the perfection

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was afraid of that.

I managed to retrieve the female nidoran from the other day, and figured RNGing the new Nidoking would be easier if both parents had a bunch of 31s. I know my current Nidoking has excellent IVs, not perfect but pretty close. Figured if the other parent did everything nicely, the child would get the perfection
Just breed it twice. RNG another Nidoran(f) with three or more flawless IVs, then use that one for the final product. Maybe do another step if you're having trouble with inheritance. Odds are it'll still be faster than C-Gear RNG even without the IV issues, unless you're really good at hitting delays.

If I understand it correctly, there's some inconsistency in the starting IV frame, so if you can, it's better to grab a female and RNG breed it.
Do you have any more information about that? I'm not going to have any choice but to RNG in the Entralink when they release the Eevee evolutions.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why can't the stationaries be shiny when using a rebattle code?
Don't ask about AR codes here.

If you're battling Zekrom\Reshiram\Victini, they can never be shiny to begin with. If you're battling any of the other stationaries and somehow it's not shiny, something else is horribly wrong and you should not use that rebattle code.

Just successfully hatched a shiny timid zorua, just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone that helped me and had the patience to answer my questions, and thanks to those who took the time and effort to figure all this out and put this guide together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)