5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Following Kaphotics Guide for id abusing i was jw if im doing this right? Ive found a seed id like to use ive found my starting pid frame which is 77 and the nearest nature i want is on pid frame 127. I then Use pandora and put my seed in and the frame number 127. Not sure if thats right? Then i press Find ID Seeds. I Find one and attempt to hit it. Then i plug in the TID I get Into pandora and thats where i get stuck.

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

At the moment, no. It's "on the list" as the saying goes. Meanwhile, there's plenty of online resources which provide this information.

K, thanks for all your help. I am now the proud owner of a Timid Flawless DP Deino, A flawless Healer Amomola, a flawless Effect Spore Amoongus, and a HP ICE Flawless Eelektross. Every single bit was run with PPRNG. Go macs!

Edit: Will updates for PPRNG be on the post you download it from?

Edit 2: Did you develop PPRNG, chiizu? If not, who did? I'd like to shake their hand.

Can anyone who has RNG'd Landorus tell me if any of the NPCs in the Abundant Shrine advance the PID?
Pray you haven't fought everyone in there yet, because there's only one wandering NPC, and he's directly below Landorus (a youngster with Yanma&Ledyba&Ninjask). As soon as you fight him, he stops moving around, but if you fought him and left the area... give up on shiny Landorus lol.

Pray you haven't fought everyone in there yet, because there's only one wandering NPC, and he's directly below Landorus (a youngster with Yanma&Ledyba&Ninjask). As soon as you fight him, he stops moving around, but if you fought him and left the area... give up on shiny Landorus lol.
Will this prevent me from RNGing for IVs, or just shine?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I haven't gotten to the point where you can encounter Landorus yet, so I don't know exactly how the encounter works, but as long as you are using frame 1 IVRNG spreads, you should have no problem at all getting a shiny Landorus.

First, calibrate:

1) Stand in front of Landorus or whatever it is you do and save.

2) Hit your seed, and immediately upon entering the game button-mash X to get into the game menu ASAP.

3) Cancel out of the menu and button-mash A to start the Landorus encounter. Don't use a Synchronizer for this encounter.

4) Figure out the initial PIDRNG frame from the nature. This will be slightly different than usual because of the NPCs, but at least this way you've adjusted for them. If necessary, repeat steps 2-3, each time saving\making Chatot calls once in order to advance the PIDRNG frame one.

5) Once you have your initial PIDRNG frame, go for the catch. Get your Synchronizer out, and make all the Chatot calls you need to advance the PIDRNG frame to the point where you get your shiny.

Of course, this only works when you have a frame 1 IVRNG spread (frame 8 in the case of eggs) but it works for all areas where NPCs are the only thing messing with your PIDRNG frame. Also only works if you're using Chatot calls, because saving results in you leaving the menu.

@OmegaDonut: Do you mean that NPCs only affect your initial PID frame in BW? Because i thought that the frame would be advanced differently if the NPC moved, say, twice instead of once after loading one's game.

Gonna use my Nidoran-F as practice for my Espeon on the 5th, so just to be sure:

RNG a stationary encounter somewhere after frame 3 w/ C-gear, turn on c-gear when timer2 ends, enter Entralink, count steps, press A, pray to Arceus for a good Nature.

Am I right? And I know wireless stuff is weird about forced saving, but I should be able to just try again and again right?

Please let me know how much of what I've figured is wrong.

Is there a comprehensive guide available for RNGing eggs in Gen V? Every one so far has been cut short on that part, or has not listed it at all. Some of the info seems contradictory; the MTIVRNG and PIDRNG are supposed to be separate, but some of the lists have them as being tied in as the same thing. Is there anything comparable to the Blyde's Bloghell guide, except for RNGing eggs instead of stationary pokemon?

Question 1: Assumin I'm right infront of a cave (Kyurem's cave in my case).
Does the step I need to make to enter the cave advance the PIDRNG?

Question 2: Entralink-Abuse: I'm forced to walk a certain amount of steps
(~20)after I warped to the Entralink to get to the forest in which my DW
Pokémon is. Is it possible that the IVRNG advances within those steps if I
getunlucky with my step counter?

And, if that's the case, walking that amount of steps, saving, and hitting my
seed again before I warp to the Entralink should solve the problem, right?
Mathmatically, it should, since I advance my hidden step counter this way to
a point where it shouldn't advance within the next
128 - (steps taken before saving),
so as long as that result is smaller than the steps I'm forced to take within the
Entralink, the steps in there shouldn't advance the IVRNG
anymore, right?

Jesus Christ that was complicated. I hope you understand.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@OmegaDonut: Do you mean that NPCs only affect your initial PID frame in BW? Because i thought that the frame would be advanced differently if the NPC moved, say, twice instead of once after loading one's game.
I mean to say that if you button-mash X to get into the menu as quickly as possible, you give the NPC very little time to move at all, and your initial PID frame will effectively be consistent. But only as long as you keep starting from that same save. If you resave, the NPC positions and movements will be different, and you'd get a different frame.

It seems possible, but only with Chatot calls i suppose, since you never need to leave the menu. With saves, the NPC might move in between each save and mess up the PID regardless.

I tried this trick out on route 6, and i must say it works. Got the same Deerling 3 times in a row, albeit on a different initial PID than my usual one.

How to check gender in PIDRNG? there are columns with 12.5%, 50%, 75% ect with M/F, i assume tahts gender. But how come some are M and some F? How to determine what the gender will be on a PID? and is gender bound to encounter slot, or just the pokemon species?

(for help ya gotta fill in some info the first post said, but since this are general questions, i cant do it for this?)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
How to check gender in PIDRNG? there are columns with 12.5%, 50%, 75% ect with M/F, i assume tahts gender. But how come some are M and some F? How to determine what the gender will be on a PID? and is gender bound to encounter slot, or just the pokemon species?

(for help ya gotta fill in some info the first post said, but since this are general questions, i cant do it for this?)
50% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 50\50 male\female ratio
12.5% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 87.5%\12.5% male female ratio
etc.

-If i start new game, this won´t change my seed, right?
-What encounter types are starter Pokemon/fossils?
-Do I need SID for RNG-Abuse Shinies?

50% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 50\50 male\female ratio
12.5% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 87.5%\12.5% male female ratio
etc.
Thanks for the answer :) That helped.

One more thing, is encounter slots just what species it would be? Or are more things bound too encounter slots.

-If i start new game, this won´t change my seed, right?
-What encounter types are starter Pokemon/fossils?
-Do I need SID for RNG-Abuse Shinies?
1-i think your seeds would work, someone else should confirm this since i'm not sure
2- stationary works for me on my fossils
3-yes

two things i'd like to know before I try for a shiny scraggy with the seed 509B97BB649DC7AF (which gives me a shiny adamant on frame 106, ID 34057 SID 18451)

1. I have a male, jap Meinshao; will that trigger international breeding, or does the foreigner have to be female?

2. Since the spinning Pokemon outside and such mess with the RNG, if I hold down left and press A like a madman, will I still hit my frame?

1-i think your seeds would work, someone else should confirm this since i'm not sure
2- stationary works for me on my fossils
3-yes
3- Wrong. Chances are you will be able to find shiny PIDs on low frames. I didn't SID abused and I found 4 with low frames. (200-500)
EDIT Never mind. Misread.

lucariojr: Gender doesn't matter. The Pokemon outside doesn't affect the PIDRNG but there's a NPC or two affecting it.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
two things i'd like to know before I try for a shiny scraggy with the seed 509B97BB649DC7AF (which gives me a shiny adamant on frame 106, ID 34057 SID 18451)

1. I have a male, jap Meinshao; will that trigger international breeding, or does the foreigner have to be female?
Yes (p.s. "jap" is still a racial slur)

2. Since the spinning Pokemon outside and such mess with the RNG, if I hold down left and press A like a madman, will I still hit my frame?
use the technique described here. The only tricky part is figuring out your initial frame, and for that you'll have to hatch the egg.

I also highly recommend flying off to Route 13 and catching a Pokemon (it's right next to Lacunosa Town) to verify that you hit your seed when hatching eggs.

The reason I list a range of IV frames instead of just frame 14 is because you could trip the 128-step IVRNG advancement in the meantime. But if you don't do too much walking, you'll only trigger it once before catching the Pokemon to verify your seed.

hi guys, I still don't get how to rng. its still confusing for gen 5. I use a R4 and there are already codes in it. How do I use the MTRNG Check code and the Frame check code?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)