5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Flashcarts come in all sorts of models and firmwares and have different SD card types. All of these affect the parameters in many different ways, and we're not going to spend time tracking down them all. You're just going to have to find your own parameters. RNG Reporter lets you specify a range, so just do that.
Oh okay, I wasn't aware of that.

What kind of ranges should I be searching for? I'm just not sure which parameters would be different. Right now, I have the default: VCount: 50-70, Timer0: C60-CA0, GxStat: 6, VFrame: 0-10.

Would I mostly play around with Timer0?

I got a mistake using RNG-Reporter 9 Beta 74 when trying to RNG a shiny hp ice timid Victiny.

Seed: 07A134903776C2E2
ID: 50768
SID: 58303

Using this, the Main Application of RNG-Rep gave me the following shiny frame:

349 - Lonely - !!! - Gender always M - Ability 0

For stationary. Using a timid Synch, the nature of this frame 349 turned timid, so I started to advance the frame.

I confirmed that I've hit the seed in all cases, but leaving me with no shiny Victimny at all, but the natures where the same: timid w/ synch and lonely w/out.

I heard there was a bug with shinies/whatever on low frames, do you know what the reason could be, or if this is fixed with Beta 75? Sorry if I do not want to read all the 60 new pages of this topic, and my search on smogon was not successful neither.

edit: Using non-c-gear, of course.

More additional information: I tried the same procedure with a shiny Virizion at frame 800+, and it worked there.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got a mistake using RNG-Reporter 9 Beta 74 when trying to RNG a shiny hp ice timid Victiny.

Seed: 07A134903776C2E2
ID: 50768
SID: 58303

Using this, the Main Application of RNG-Rep gave me the following shiny frame:

349 - Lonely - !!! - Gender always M - Ability 0

For stationary. Using a timid Synch, the nature of this frame 349 turned timid, so I started to advance the frame.

I confirmed that I've hit the seed in all cases, but leaving me with no shiny Victimny at all, but the natures where the same: timid w/ synch and lonely w/out.

I heard there was a bug with shinies/whatever on low frames, do you know what the reason could be, or if this is fixed with Beta 75? Sorry if I do not want to read all the 60 new pages of this topic, and my search on smogon was not successful neither.

edit: Using non-c-gear, of course.

More additional information: I tried the same procedure with a shiny Virizion at frame 800+, and it worked there.
Victini has an anti-shiny check, along with Reshiram\Zekrom\wild Zoroark\gift Zoroa. You will never, ever get a shiny Victini.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of that.

What kind of ranges should I be searching for? I'm just not sure which parameters would be different. Right now, I have the default: VCount: 50-70, Timer0: C60-CA0, GxStat: 6, VFrame: 0-10.

Would I mostly play around with Timer0?
Search everything. VCount 0-FF, Timer0 0-FFF, VCount 0-10. It's gonna take a while.

I have a question about the new RNG reporter. I know the previous version didn't take into account that the starting frame for Cgear seeds is 3 so does the new one do this npw? I mean when i use the time finder and the frame I get says 3 does that mean I have to still advance twice? or not at all?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about the new RNG reporter. I know the previous version didn't take into account that the starting frame for Cgear seeds is 3 so does the new one do this npw? I mean when i use the time finder and the frame I get says 3 does that mean I have to still advance twice? or not at all?
It takes it into account. You will have to advance 2 frames.

Thank you for the quick answer. I then wonder why they added a shiny sprite for Victini at all...

Regarding Zekrom/Reshiram: I heard their anti-shiny-check is only in N's Castle, and that you can actually RNG shiny Zekrom/Reshiram when getting to capture it in the Dragonspiral Tower. Would you please confirm this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thank you for the quick answer. I then wonder why they added a shiny sprite for Victini at all...

Regarding Zekrom/Reshiram: I heard their anti-shiny-check is only in N's Castle, and that you can actually RNG shiny Zekrom/Reshiram when getting to capture it in the Dragonspiral Tower. Would you please confirm this?
Probably for a later event, or maybe because the coding requires a shiny sprite for every Pokémon.

And no, that is incorrect. The shiny check is also present in Dragonspiral Tower.

I heard it multiple times, but noone ever confirmed it. As far as i know, that same pokemon will go there afterwards. So the chances teh shiny check disapears there is verry slim. I'm not sure, but prepare for the worst. they'll proberblly be future events or something.

So there would not be any reason to fill the PC in order to catch the dragon in the tower, I guess...

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply, and thanks a lot OmegaDonut for the efforts put into the RNG-Reporter!

Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like I have battled all the NPCs in the shrine already. So hopefully I can find a flawless HP Ice shiny spread on frame 1 somewhere.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Probably for a later event, or maybe because the coding requires a shiny sprite for every Pokémon.
Shiny Pokemon sprites are generated by redrawing the original sprite using a different color palette. Shiny sprites aren't stored in the game at all, as far as I know.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I've confirmed that neither place allows shinies. People keep reposting the same trash rumor that's been disproven and new people think it to be true.

The third post in this thread has common RNG info, including what can't be shiny.

Trying to ID Abuse. I hit my seed then put the TID i get Into Pandora and press find seed hit. What do i then have to do to find out how many no's i have to say to juniper?

Thanks

Can I use sweet scent is Giant chasm to get a ditto? if not how do I get an encounter with it?
Ditto is find in grass in great chasm. When ya get to teh cave, enter it, end when ya go outside in that small cave, there is grass where ditto can be found. since its normal grass, it can be scented. (this is the area with lots of jumping thingys, with small water in the middle where kyurem freezes all. this area shouldnt be hard to find)

Can anyone confirm if you can use the same DS Parameters for 2 different carts as long as they are both the same version and the same DS is being used?

For breeding RNG, do the moving pokemon in the daycare affect your frames? Also, I heard that the human NPCs still move when you talk to the daycare man, is this true?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Can anyone confirm if you can use the same DS Parameters for 2 different carts as long as they are both the same version and the same DS is being used?
It's more than a safe bet - I've done it. I've caught the same Scraggy in two different Black versions (on my main cart to test, and on my other cart for speeding through the game to Victini).

I'm hearing some conflicting information about RNG breeding in this game. From the data I've gathered from this thread, I was under the impression that the egg used the IV spread that you found in time finder, but replaced 3 of the IVs with those from the parents, according to the PID. So the three IVs that don't say Ma/Fe in the PID list should be the same as the ones from time finder. But my friend, who has successfully bred several Pokemon, both shiny and not, is telling me that the non-inherited IVs are random and don't correlate with the time finder spread. I want to call him wrong about this, but he got everything else in the PID right (inherited IVs, nature, gender, ability, shininess), so I can't find any flaws in his method that would indicate a mistake. Can someone please clarify this?

I'm trying to RNG Thundurus here, and I just wanted someone to confirm my steps before I start.

1. Save in front of the old lady's house.
2. Restart your game, hit your seed (mines is on Frame 1).
3. Walk in front of the house, let the lady come out, go through the whole screen.
4. Walk around Unova until you find Thundurus (advancing the PIDRNG frame doesn't matter because I'm not going for shiny here).

Right? So the IVs are set when you talk to the lady right?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG Thundurus here, and I just wanted someone to confirm my steps before I start.

1. Save in front of the old lady's house.
2. Restart your game, hit your seed (mines is on Frame 1).
3. Walk in front of the house, let the lady come out, go through the whole screen.
4. Walk around Unova until you find Thundurus (advancing the PIDRNG frame doesn't matter because I'm not going for shiny here).

Right? So the IVs are set when you talk to the lady right?
It's when he flies away. The 1 step out of the door does not count as a step so you are fine. Hope you get a good nature :)

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
When breeding with Dittos, does Ditto act as the mother if it's breeding with a male just like it happens with egg moves?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)