Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If elDino wants it to be a singles match I guess I could ref (If you're fine with a new ref), but if it's doubles or triples I'll let someone else take it.

Also, gonna look for a match as well.

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena:

A small island with a large wall around the centre of it, surrounded by deep water. Battles can be held within the island or in the water, but if a Pokemon drifts too far away from the main island (up to the ref's discretion) it will get lost and take one action to swim back to the battle area.
I'll accept this battle.

Switch=ko
two abilities
no items

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Special chall to Objection.

1v1 Singles
DQ: 4 days
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena:
standard Pokemon stadium

let's keep it simple, fellows!

Looking for my first battle.

3 vs 3 Singles
DQ: 3 days for players, 5 days for ref
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Final Destination

A flat stage, roughly 50' x 30' on top. Clinging onto the lower edges is possible, but only if the Pokemon has enhanced grabbing capabilities beyond standard arms and legs (e.g., Aipom's tail, Octillery's suction cups, Tentacool's tentacles, etc.) Occasionally (5% chance at the end of a turn), Master Hand will appear and grab one or both competitors, inflicting 10 damage and requiring the use of an action to escape from.

I accpet your challenge Dummy007!

Don't worry I am new too. However, we will have to wait to start until my Swablu is done role-playing at the dojo. (according to rules, you canot role-play a poke and fight with it at the same time, I think)

Switch:KO
Items:never
All Abilities, oh yeah!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
open chall
1 vs 1 singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Smogon University

Smogon's very own University. There's an average of 300 people wandering around it at any giving time, and if there happens to be a miss, it has a 75% chance of hitting someone, and then they will viciously attack your Pokemon, losing 20 hp.

Right, I have a match that I hope promises to be interesting...

6v6 Singles/Doubles/Triples (challenger's choice)
Restrictions:
- Switching is ENABLED
- Items are OFF
- 3 Recoveries, no Chills (disputable)
- DQ Time is 3 Days for battlers, 5 days for the ref (grace periods may be given)
- Combined Rarity rating for all Pokemon cannot be exceed 20
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

A classic Pokemon battling arena: the typical lengthwise field of sod decorated with a Pokeball in the middle, as well as starting and boundary lines. The platforms shown in the picture are for the trainers, and will be situated along the outside of the arena, rather than the center. At the end of every round, the arena changes to one of 8 elemental fields (non-repeating). This type-based field lasts for two full rounds (6 turns) before returning to normal. The field will always remain in the normal state for one full round (including the beginning of the match) before changing again. The layout and effects of the different elemental fields are as follows:

- Rock: Enables the use of Rock-based moves such as Rock Slide and Rock Tomb. The movement and maneuverability of Flying or airborne Pokemon is greatly reduced by the towering rock masses. The cacti in the arena mimic the move Spikes, causing damage to any Pokemon that hits them (acts as a field/movement hazard, NOT an entry hazard).

- Grass: Grass-type and Bug-type Pokemon feel very at home in this foresty stage. Grass-type attacks have their base damage boosted by 1 and their energy cost reduced by 1, while Bug-type Pokemon have the energy cost of all Bug-type attacks and Dodge commands reduced by 1.

- Water: Allows unlimited use of all Water-moves. Environmental moves such as Surf are enabled, and the energy cost of Water-type moves is reduced by 2. Swift Swim is active for all Pokemon that reside in the pond at one end of the stage. Electric-type attacks aimed at Pokemon in the water have perfect accuracy (akin to Aura Sphere or Swift).

- Fire: The arena blazes with intense heat; Fire-type attacks have their damage output boosted by 25%, while Water-type moves have their damage reduced by 25%. The likelihood of Pokemon recieving burns from moves that inflict Burn is raised by 10%.

- Electric: The spinning turbines in the arena cause a lot of static electricity buildup in the area, boosting the damage output of all Electric-type moves by 25%. Additionally, any Pokemon attempting to remain on the treadmills must spend 3 energy per turn to stay there without falling off the stage or to move across it, but being on the treadmill doubles the static electricity buildup, boosting the chance of paralysis for all Electricity-based paralyzing moves by 15%.

- Flying: Fans blow upward from underneath the stage, reducing gravity for all Pokemon present. The energy penalty for remaining airborne with Fly is eliminated altogether, and the Jump command is much easier to use; Pokemon using it may remain airborne for a little while depending on the Pokemon's weight. The energy cost of all wind-based attacks is reduced by 1.

- Ground: The ground is extremely soft and malleable here, reducing Ground-type attacks' energy cost by 1, and lowering the energy cost for consecutive Digging by 2. Electric-type attacks have their power greatly reduced here, as if Mud Sport were in effect.

- Ice: Ice-type moves become more powerful due to the frosty air. All Ice-type moves have their base damage boosted by 1, and the Freeze chance of all moves is boosted by 5%. The effect of burns is neutralized while this stage is in effect (though it will resume after the stage's duration is complete). Additionally, the ground is very slippery, restricting movement and making Dodge commands very difficult (according to the ref's discretion) for any non-Ice type Pokemon on the ground.

Also, each trainer will be given the option to switch Pokemon when the stage shifts; this will proceed in the same turn order as it would if the trainers were attacking, and it does NOT take up a turn in the round. After both trainers decide whether or not to switch, attack orders proceed normally.

NOTE: The field is not to the scale that it is in Super Smash Bros, but rather about twice that size for ample maneuverability.

I would like to be one of the people to participate in this match, however, I will be more than willing to ref it instead if no refs decide they are up for the task, or MAYBE if two people decide they specifically want to duke it out here. This promises to be a very long match, ye be warned!
I volunteer to ref whoever comes in. *crosses fingers and hopes to God it's a doubles/triples battle for max TC to time ratio.*

open chall
1 vs 1 singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Smogon University

Smogon's very own University. There's an average of 300 people wandering around it at any giving time, and if there happens to be a miss, it has a 75% chance of hitting someone, and then they will viciously attack your Pokemon, losing 20 hp.
I'll battle.

Switch=KO
Items Allowed
All Abilities

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I might try my hand at triples now...

OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Triples (2 Actions per turn)
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries & 5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Busy Highway (Using this one again, since it was a fun arena to battle on)
A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There was a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

Anyone up for a round? Also, evolved Pokemon will be used.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's been a while, I need to stretch my legs now that I've gotten some work done.

2vs2 Singles
3 Day DQ
2 Recovery Moves and 5 Chills per Pokemon.

Arena: Solarium of the Giants

This truly massive arena is noteworthy not only for its scale, but its fine architecture. The room is a gigantic covered solarium with a ceiling that allows the sun to shine down on the beautiful alabaster floors. The room itself is circular and at least 200 feet in diameter, with a high ceiling of 100 feet. Slabs of finely crafted marble shapes encircle the arena with perfect symmetry, standing 20 feet apart.

The rough ground of the arena is vulnerable to seismic activity and can be dug through, but only by Pokemon with sufficient expertise. The floor material is indeed very hard. If a weather move is used it can affect the outside, however it will not have any internal effects (e.g. Rain Dance can block out the sun and diminish Solarbeam's effectiveness, but water moves will not increase power inside the Solarium, nor will Thunder benefit. Likewise, Sunny Day will boost Synthesis and benefit Solarbeam, but will not boost Fire-type attacks. Sandstorm and Hail will not work as field effects, as the arena is too large for any debris. Smaller scale uses with Pokemon-made Ice or Sand/Rubble can be used however.

Like the rest of the arena, the thickness of the glass in the solarium is upsized in scale. Attempts to break it will be futile, and the 100 foot climb will be quite draining.

Time for my first battle! Whoever takes this might have to put up with mild confusion on my part, given the whole "first battle" thing. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

Open Battle
3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
2 Heals/5 Chills
Arena (saw this a couple pages back and liked it):
Athenodoros said:
The Lake of Rage, in Johto. There are no real restrictions on moves, but there will be rain on every day except Wednesdays (determined by what day the ref refs) unless the players choose something different, and there are Gyarados in the lake. If the players disturb the Red Gyarados in the middle he will use Dragon Rage against everyone. It is also surrounded by trees, which Pokemon can hide in or use for whatever they want. You could even set them on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)