Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for my first battle! Whoever takes this might have to put up with mild confusion on my part, given the whole "first battle" thing. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

Open Battle
3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
2 Heals/5 Chills
Arena (saw this a couple pages back and liked it):
Challenge accepted (provided that was an open challenge.)

Switch = KO
No Items
One Ability

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
4v4 Singles
3 day DQ
1 Heals/5 Chills
Arena: you pick, I attack first
Switch=OK
No Items
One Ability

I'll take you on. Arena forthcoming.

Arena: Earthen Crater

A dry, hollowed out crater in the middle of the desert. The sun is always shining on this desolate wasteland, immortalized in time with a rocky stillness. The large arena is pockmarked with multiple meteor impacts, creating a craggy, difficult terrain. The crater forms a bowl that sharply inclines toward the center. The crater itself is about 50 feet in diameter. Rain and Hail may not be summoned in the arena, and its natural state is bright, but not particularly hot.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge
3v3 Doubles
3 Day DQ
No Recover/Rest, 5 chills

Arena: Warehouse 51- A very large government storehouse full of crates (think the end of Indiana Jones). It's a mystery as to what are inside the crates, some say tax documents, some say the Ark of the Covenant, and some say alien bodies. A few of the guards have snuck in and pushed the crates around to make a rectangular space for Pokemon battles. They say it's okay if any of the crates get broken open as long as the trainers help clean up after the match (in other words, the crates can be opened to reveal an object/item/nothing, up to the ref).
Summary: Indoor arena full of breakable crates that may or may not contain objects.
Taking on Vader's challenge!

All abilities
Switch=KO
No items
I'll ref this. Please send mons.

Darkamber8828 said:
4v4 Singles
3 day DQ
1 Heals/5 Chills
Arena: you pick, I attack first
Deck Knight said:
Switch=OK
No Items
One Ability

I'll take you on. Arena forthcoming.

Arena: Earthen Crater

A dry, hollowed out crater in the middle of the desert. The sun is always shining on this desolate wasteland, immortalized in time with a rocky stillness. The large arena is pockmarked with multiple meteor impacts, creating a craggy, difficult terrain. The crater forms a bowl that sharply inclines toward the center. The crater itself is about 50 feet in diameter. Rain and Hail may not be summoned in the arena, and its natural state is bright, but not particularly hot.
I will ref this! Expect a PM shortly.

2v2 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Arena: Dealer's Choice

Yeah, let's go for the "everyone I have fighting" award!

2v2 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Arena: Dealer's Choice

Yeah, let's go for the "everyone I have fighting" award!
I accept this.

Arena is Professor Oaks Lab

there are no starter pokeballs, and you can knock over the book cases and break stuff to make hazards at the ref discretion. I will also take actions second for choosing arena

Switch KO
1 Ability
no items

Open challenge, but the ref should be experienced at reffing matches in complex arenas.

2v2 Singles
3 day DQ for battlers, 5 day DQ for ref
40 HP recovery*/5 chills/No Taunt/No Encore

Arena: Waluigi Stadium

A dirt track in a muddy stadium. Throughout the battle, the pokemon will be doing laps of the track. This means that the arena will have different effects each round like so:
  1. Simple dirt track with mud
  2. Ramp with ring of fire for first action, simple dirt track with mud for second and third actions
  3. Ramp with ring of fire for first action, simple dirt track with mud for second and third actions
  4. Track segment with wooden piranha plants and rotating bars of fire
  5. Simple dirt track with mud
  6. Simple dirt track with mud for first two actions, ramp with ring of fire for third action
  7. Go back to 1
Any time the current feature is "simple dirt track with mud", the following apply:
  • Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Muddy Water and Mud-Slap have their base power increased by 2.
  • Mud Sport is in effect.
  • Surf can be used by using the mud puddles as a water source.
    • If Surf is used in this way, it will have a 30% chance of lowering the target's accuracy by 1 stage.
Any time the current feature is "ramp with ring of fire", the following apply:
  • Trainers may issue the order "jump through the ring of fire". This costs 5 energy unless the pokemon is already off the ground for some reason (eg, Flying-type, Levitate, Magnet Rise) and gives +1 evasion for that action only.
  • If the trainer gives any other order, the pokemon will execute this order but, at the end of the action, will hit the ring of fire and get burned. A burn-free pokemon sustains a 1st degree burn, a pokemon with a 1st degree burn has it upgraded to a 2nd degree burn, etc.
    • A pokemon that is immune to burns or already has a 3rd degree burn will instead take damage equal to an unSTAB Ember from rank 3 special attack unless it has Flash Fire, in which case the ring of fire will have no effect.
  • If Gravity is in effect, the order "jump through the ring of fire" may not be given.
  • Dig, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Magnitude and Surf may not be used.
  • The ring of fire cannot be put out.
Any time the current feature is "track segment with wooden piranha plants and rotating bars of fire", the following apply:
  • Pokemon may use contact moves or Telekinesis to push each other into either a wooden piranha plant or a rotating bar of fire. This can only be done once during the round.
    • Contact moves and Telekinesis can still be used for the rest of the round but not to push pokemon into obstacles.
    • Which piranha plant or rotating bar of fire the pokemon gets pushed into depends on what action the pushing move is used on (first one for first action, second one for second action, etc).
  • A pokemon that collides with a wooden piranha plant takes 10 damage if it weighs 22lb or less, 8 damage if it weighs between 22.1lb and 55lb, 5 damage if it weighs between 55.1lb and 110lb and 3 damage if it weighs more than 110lb. If the pokemon weighs more than 220lb, it also destroys that particular piranha plant.
  • A pokemon that collides with a rotating bar of fire will get burned. A burn-free pokemon sustains a 1st degree burn, a pokemon with a 1st degree burn has it upgraded to a 2nd degree burn, etc.
    • A pokemon that is immune to burns or already has a 3rd degree burn will instead take damage equal to an unSTAB Ember from rank 3 special attack unless it has Flash Fire, in which case the bar of fire will have no effect.
  • Surf may not be used.
  • Despite being wooden, the piranha plants cannot be set on fire. The rotating bars of fire cannot be put out.

*A pokemon may use as many recovery moves as it likes, but it may only recover up to 40 HP during the match. Moves that have recovery as a second effect (eg, Giga Drain) can still be used after this limit, but they won't heal HP. All moves/items that restore HP count towards this.

1Vs1 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
Arena: A 20m by 20m floating slab of rock inside Cinnibar Volcano. There is a 2% chance that the volcano will erupt, in which case, the battle ceases, as everyone evacuates. The Winner is determined by the percentage of Max. HP remaining. There is also a 20% chance of a lava plume (off a rank 3 SpA) hitting your pokemon at the end of each round. Water and ice moves cannot be used, as the temperature is sooooooo hot that the water evaporates before it reaches it's target. No rock moves (that nedd a source of rock) can be used, as there are no rocks within usable distance, except for the floor. Removing rock from the floor could cause the trainers to fall into the lava, and is such banned. Magnitude and Earthquake are banned, as they may trigger an eruption. Dig cannot be used, as the slab is too thin.

2 Uses of Recover type moves. No rest (dangerous for pokemon). 2 Chlls

1Vs1 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
Arena: A 20m by 20m floating slab of rock inside Cinnibar Volcano. There is a 2% chance that the volcano will erupt, in which case, the battle ceases, as everyone evacuates. The Winner is determined by the percentage of Max. HP remaining. There is also a 20% chance of a lava plume (off a rank 3 SpA) hitting your pokemon at the end of each round. Water and ice moves cannot be used, as the temperature is sooooooo hot that the water evaporates before it reaches it's target. No rock moves (that nedd a source of rock) can be used, as there are no rocks within usable distance, except for the floor. Removing rock from the floor could cause the trainers to fall into the lava, and is such banned. Magnitude and Earthquake are banned, as they may trigger an eruption. Dig cannot be used, as the slab is too thin.

2 Uses of Recover type moves. No rest (dangerous for pokemon). 2 Chlls
I accept, Arcanite.

Switch = lol
No items
All abilities.

Let's get it on.
Need a ref

(BTW Son of Shadoo, unevolved mons only)

Doubles. it becomes 1 vs 2 if you lose two pokes while your opponent still has 2+. Forgot to mention that, sorry. This means that there are 3 actions per poke, right?

Looking for a battle
3 vs 3 singles
DQ: 2-3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills
Swich = KO

Arena: i give the right to choose the arena (i'm sorry, i'm uninspired) for the going second

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok i need to do at least one doubles battle, so i'm stealing an arena and everything so i can get the hang of it too :D

Battle Type: 2v2 doubles
Move stuff: 2 rec- 5 chills
DQ: 2 Days
Arena: the Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. If the emperor (ref) deems the battle too uneventful, wild pokemon may be released from their cages in order to add some oomph to the fight.

please be nice to me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)