[Standard] NOC Desktop Dungeons Mafia GAME OVER

Welcome to Desktop Dungeons mafia! This is a game for 20 players.
Now, before we begin, I would like to go over a few things:

First of all, this game is based on Desktop Dungeon version 0.051, not the latest release. I've been sitting on it for a while.

Second, this game will be light on flavor, just like Desktop Dungeons. This may or may not be related to the fact that I am lazy.

Third, this game does not have many power roles, and the ones that are powerful will usually be limited.

Finally, to those who aren't reading the rules for some reason: Do it. But if you want highlights, this game differs from most games I've seen on smogon by disallowing out-of-thread communication, disallowing quoting of any information from the mod and putting no time limits on the day phase.
I highly reccomend you read the rules, though. I will punish repeated rulebreaking severly, up to and including modkilling.

Rules:
1. You may not talk about the game, with anyone apart for the host, outside the game thread, unless it is is specified in your role PM.

2. The above rule includes dead players. Dead people can't talk. One simple 'bah' post in the thread will suffice, if you wish, but it may not conatin any game-relevant information.

3. All players in this game have a vote. To vote for a player to be lynched, post like this: Vote: Alpha Werewolf. Please remember to bold this, or it may not be counted. Before you place another vote, please also remember to post unvote, also bolded, or your new vote may not count.

4. When a player is killed in any way, the host will post his name, rolename and faction, and only those, at the appropriate scene (for example: A player who is lynched will have his information posted at the lynch scene).

5. A day will end when a majority of players have voted to lynch one player. That player's alignment and role will then be revealed, and he will be removed from the game. The game will progress to night.

6. Players may also end the day by voting Vote: No Lynch. If a majority vote in this way, then the day will end without a lynch.

7. At night, no-one may post in the thread. Any roles that allow players to talk at night, please do so in the location specified in your role PM.

8. Nights will generally last 72 hours. If you have any actions to perform at night, please PM these to me before night is over or they may not be included. You can also PM me if you do not want to perform an action.

9. DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE YOUR POSTS. This is your only warning. Players who do so will be modkilled regardless of alignment or reasons.

10. DO NOT QUOTE ANY PART OF ANY GAME-RELATED PMS (or screesnshot them, etc.). This is your only warning. Players who do so will be modkilled regardless of alignment or reasons. If you must refer to it. paraphrase using your own words.

11. I expect a decent level of activity from all players, at the very least a post every two or three days.

12. The town win condition is: you win when all anti-town forces are defeated.

13. If your Role PM contains information that contradicts the rules in-thread, the Role PM wins.

14. If you have any problems, questions, or anything, please feel free to drop me a PM and I will do my best to help.

Still Alive:
Spiffy
Fangren
DetroitLolcat
J-man

Dead:
Groshi (Modkilled day 1)
Galladiator (Lynched day 1)
Brammi (Killed night 1)
masterful (Lynched day 2)
UncleSam (Killed night 2)
polelover44 (Lynched day 3)
Ditto (Killed day 3)
Isaac 2.0 (Killed night 3)
Yeti (Lynched day 4)
billymills (Killed night 4)
HSA (Lynched day 5)
Fatecrashers (Killed night 5)
Nightmare jigglypuff (replacing Quagsires) (Killed night 5)
rickheg (Lynched day 6)
Da Letter El (Killed night 6)
Acklow (Lynched day 7)

Yay for randomly picking a target without evidence or reasoning or even information!

Vote: J-man

Talk and this'll probably go away. You can start by telling us about your mafia allies.

Let's start by making a rational decision on who to lynch, shall we?
I'll start Vote: Billymills cause there is no rational reason to lynch me and he [Billymills] is just trolling. The floor is open to billymills.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fangren that is literally the dumbest thing we could do considering the OP said there were not many power roles and we don't even know what they are.

Vote: Fangren until he explains himself. We also can't allow this posting only with lynch votes: if you vote J-Man, explain why.

My vote is subject to change to Spiffy should Fangren defend his actions adequately/well.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reason why Fangren forgot the word "Vote" in his post? I'm not sure if that was an error or a reason. However, I think it was logical of him to vote No Lynch because we know very little about the game at the moment.

I also don't like all that bandwagoning against J-Man. Since this is a NOC Mafia, this better be a joke as he's done nothing to expose himself as mafia.

Billymills is a suspect because he randomly jumped on J-Man as a joke. It scares me that he can get four votes for one person with an uninformed post. The bandwagonners are a little suspicious but not suspicious enough to garner a vote. I also suspect Fangren for not providing reasoning for the No Lynch.

If the J-Man voters can provide reasoning for their vote, then I will drop my suspicion, same with Fangren. No vote yet though.

The thing is, no one should have a reason to vote anyone outside of personal vendettas, yet we have to vote anyways.

I'm voting either for a silent, or for someone I am suspicious of, if everyone talks, since no one wants people to be silent when we may not be able to get subs.

And Detroit, we can no lynch. I don't like no lynches though, I'd rather take a chance while we still can.

Unvote

Vote Polelover44

I forgot you were even in this. Talk.

I understand that it's an NOC game, but is it really wise to randomly vote for somebody based on a simple typo when you know virtually nothing about who's who? In my opinion, not lynching anyone is a smarter move than potentially lynching a villager.

tl;dr: What Detroit said.

Therefore:

Vote: No Lynch

/sticking neck onto chopping block

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unvote

Vote: Galladiator

For the reasons I explained, no lynching is retarded.

I'll put this vote back onto Fangren when you explain why you just gleaned over my last post.

(uggh, voting idiosyncracies...)

Vote: No Lynch

I fail to see why this isn't the best course of action. We have absolutely no solid information to go on as far as a lynch is concerned, not even the relative numbers of village power roles versus scum. For all we know we have just as big a chance at lynching one of the mafia as we do of offing the inspector/bg/whatever we have at our disposal.

The way I see it, there are four possibilities for this lynch: First, we lynch randomly and hit a roleless villager. Not a big loss for the village, I'll admit, but not something we want to see happen, and probably the most likely to occur given the game type.

Second, we lynch randomly and hit a power role. Obviously, this pretty much screws us unless there's a resurrect or something in the game.

Third, we lynch randomly and hit scum, putting us one vital step closer to winning.

Fourth, we No Lynch, ending the day with all the info we would've gathered regardless of the outcome without the risk of effectively giving the mafia an extra kill.

So unless you guys want to risk lynching one of our few power roles on a stupid rand lynch, I ask that you please reconsider your vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)