Jenica's Wedding Banquet

Thank you Temporal for the title idea! <3

I will admit, I normally have more interesting teams. However, I believe my lead will make up for my lack of originality. He is strong, fast, and unexpected. Without further adeu, I introduce...

JENICA'S BANQUET

Garchomp @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 236 SpD / 4 Spe
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Rest

This is the pride of my team. I created this baby after spending numerous hours trying to figure out a replacement for my previous anti-lead, Machamp. I have never spent so much time on a pokemon. Garchomp is more than a threat. He is a destructive force so powerful that if he actually existed, the world would implode. I wanted a lead that could counter the oh so common Tyranitar without many problems and after a few calculations, I found my Pokemon. Swords Dance is more than just a tool to wreck Tyranitar. It opens up the gates to sweeps. Unprepared teams take Earthquake and Dragon Tail left and right as they bow down to the sheer force that is Garchomp. Dragon Tail deserves a special mention since it counters many a set-up sweeper. Rest and Chesto Berry is an idea I got off of an old Rate My Team, where the person used it on a lead Tyranitar. Now, before I go into details about EVs, you are probably wondering why I decided not to use Stealth Rock. Well, my play style is meant for rushing, so I decided against Stealth Rocks even though it does help the rest of the team. Next, without Swords Dance, Garchomp needs more Attack EVs to OHKO a 252 HP Tyranitar. The EVs are somewhat simple. 252 HP is there to survive just about everything. 16 Atk EVs allows for better sweeping overall since Garchomp does not need a full 252 SpD EVs to survive an Ice Beam from a 252 SpA EV'd Tyranitar. 236 SpD ensure Garchomp survives Ice Beam from Tyranitar, allowing it to Swords Dance and then OHKO with Earthquake next turn. Finally, 4 Spe is there to outspeed opposing Garchomp from people attempting to take my baby from me. Now, granted, I did these EVs based off of countering Tyranitar. If anyone has a better EV spread, please let me know. Finally, Sand Veil is the best thing against Tyranitar. It gives Garchomp a chance to be able to set up a second Swords Dance, which means he can literally sweep full teams. If not, he can get a free boost and still be at 100% for the next Pokemon to come in. Overall, he's a dangerous Anti-Lead.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Gyarados has been my favorite Pokemon for the longest time. I have never parted ways with this set once I learned of it and I probably never will. This, of course, is your average Bulky Gyarados. The EVs are standard. The move set is pretty basic. Stone Edge is basically necessary these days since it provides Gyarados with very good coverage. Taunt is, of course, great against phasers, but I may switch it for either Dragon Tail or Earthquake since other Dragon Tail users can simply hit me with it while I try to Taunt or set up. Besides that, Gyarados is my first sweeper. However, the star of the show comes later.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is one of those pokemon who can make or break a team depending on how you use him. He has an amazing ability, Magnet Pull, which traps Steel types. After trapping, Magnezone can do a number of options depending on the Steel type. If it is something that cannot hit Magnezone for Super Effective damage, like Ferrothorn, Magnezone can set up a Substitute, laugh a bit, then proceed to destroy the poor thing by using the proper move. In my case, Hidden Power Fighting would be the best fit. Magnezone is fantastic in the sense that he does not only counter Steel types. He has a bazillion different resistances and can easily switch into something, Substitute, and then proceed to whoop on the opposing team. Substitute plays a crucial role in survival because by the time it is broken, Magnezone will have taken out at least one Pokemon. Thunderbolt is the main STAB for Pokemon like Skarmory, who normally walls this team (thank you for pointing that out Wau) and bulky Water types. Hidden Power Fighting is an interesting choice for me. It takes out Tyranitar better than Flash Cannon, it hurts Ferrothorn, Blissey, opposing Magnezone, Heatran, and loads others. Hidden Power Fire hits things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Jirachi better, but Heatran and Tyranitar can come in and do some serious damage with it, even if Flash Cannon can deal with Tyranitar. Hidden Power Ground can hit everything but Scizor, Blissey, and Ferrothorn for Super Effective damage, but becomes useless if something like Rotom-A or Bronzong comes in. Overall, I find Hidden Power Fighting to be the best fit. Finally, Flash Cannon is there for things like Terrakion who like to come in and Earthquake. If I have a Substitute up when he comes in, I am safe. If not, I switch out. Magnezone is a nice addition to my team and I am glad to have put it in.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
- SUbstitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Gengar is my Substitute Sweeper. I decided to use him after much discussion about how my team lacked a Ghost type. Also, my team lacked a Fire user and so, I decided to pick someone who could do both. Gengar sets up a Substitute and destroys any Pokemon that gets in his way. Shadow Ball is his primary STAB, taking out the likes of Jellicent. Focus Blast is for pesky Dark types, most noted Choice Scarf Tyranitar, and can also hurt Steel types that do not resist it. Finally, Hidden Power Fire takes out things like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Scizor is definitely a problem because it can be a dangerous set up sweeper. Gengar is just another fantastic add to my team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Thank you jle1076 for the suggestion. My team was in lack of a Thundurus counter. Luckily, this fine person pointed out that Terrakion is a great counter! Now, my team is covered from the likes of Anti-Lead Thundurus, who would normally ruin my poor Garchomp. Terrakion can do quite a bit with Choice Scarf. First, it has the infamous EdgeQuake combo, providing great coverage. Next, X-Scissor takes out things like Reuniclus, who would normally set up on my team and laugh at me as I pathetically attempt to take it out. Finally, Close Combat rounds out the set, providing a great way to take out Tyranitar if Garchomp could not accomplish the mission. Overall, I am glad I added Terrakion to my team.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technitian
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Moves:
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Scizor is the star of my team. He is another favorite of mine and has rarely failed me. I normally run a Choice Band set, but with a new generation comes a new set. Swords Dance Scizor sweeps teams like no one's business. It can set up on just about anything and sweep. Unfortunately, things like Heatran get in the way. That is why I leave Scizor for last.
For the most part, It is hard to talk about Scizor. He does great work, no doubt, but he's very unoriginal. The basic concept is to switch in on something Scizor can take, primarily a Dragon move, then set up. Things like Ferrothorn are also nice because Scizor can counter just about anything it throws. The EVs are meant to balance out Scizor's defenses, leaving enough attack to properly sweep. Bullet Punch is always mandatory and there is not much I can really say about it. Bug Bite provides good coverage with Bullet Punch. Roost is for healing, which allows Scizor to stay in the game. It is also nice since it allows me to wash off any damage that came from Outrage or Stealth Rock or what have you. To wrap it up, Scizor is a strong member of the team, even if he is not considered "original".

OLD POKEMON

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Moves:
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

I wanted a force on my team that was fairly new. While I was playing Pokemon Black, I found this baby (well, the pre-form). Conkeldurr is a hardcore threat that should not be taken lightly at all. He already hits hard and with Bulk Up, he hits harder. His EVs allow him to take a few special hits while setting up. Mach Punch completely nullifies the need for Speed, allowing for 0 Speed IVs and EVs to be ran to ensure Payback is at full strength. Drain Punch, in tandem with Leftovers, allows for great healing. Payback takes out Ghost types who try to switch in and Will-O-Wisp, which they probably should reconsider since this bad boy has Guts. Overall, he should never be taken lightly.

Unfortunately, Conkeldurr was not doing a lot for my team, so I had to axe him. He's a good pokemon, no doubt, but he just doesn't belong in this team. Oh well.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Moves:
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Protect

I had a choice between Jirachi and Blissey for a wish passer. I knew I wanted a wisher, but I could never decide...until I realized that Blissey died to Reuniclus. Now, I regret nothing. Jirachi is an amazing Pokemon by itself and can cover many weaknesses on the team. Wish and Protect allow me to heal Jirachi while I proceed to paralyze my opponent for some good ol' flinch haxxorz. Iron Head is its primary STAB move. For the most part, Jirachi is pretty much standard, but it does the job well.

As much as I love Jirachi, I have no real need for a wish passer anymore.

And so comes the end to my banquet. I hope you enjoyed and if you have any comments, do not hesitate to post. Thank you!
Also, if anyone is willing to help me with a Threat List, PM me or message me on here. Thank you!

Thundurus is a huge threat to your team. He has Base 111 Speed with Priority Taunt and Twave and 99% of the time runs HP Ice and Thunderbolt :P Your Garchomp/Gyrados are OHKOs by him and he can ruin Gengars main purpose and end sweeps before they even begin or severely cripple the ones on a sweep with Twave. You need a Scarfed SE user, and Id suggest Terrakion. You can also use the rock polish set from this site, but for the scarf id use a different set. He has Access to 2 incredible STABS and can cover most of the metagame and is a great revenge killer. Id run something like this

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
Moves:
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

can MURDER Thundurus, Reuniclus, 2 of your main issues, and also destroy Ttar and any other weakened poke that doesnt resist its STABS, otherwise i love the team :)

Give Gengar sub+pain spilt set. That is a real annoyer and allows Gengar to get recovery option if sandstorm or hail is in play. Give him Life orb to make this set even better =D!
HP Fire is probably there for ferrothorn but with conkeldurr it should be fine as HP fire shouldn't 1hitko ferrothorn without lifeorb or even with Life orb for that fact.

Dragon tail is a great shuffler on garchomp. Very unique here.

Everything else seems pretty standard though.

P.S. Like the name. If you had Jenica's wedding banquet <3!!!!

just a thought

gengar is the only pokemon on your team that isn't walled by a phasing skarmory you should consider replacing scizor or conkeldurr who are slightly redundant with something special or at least mixed. you could try rotom-H or Hydregon both of whom can easily switch in on heavy entry hazards and OHKO Skarmory with fire moves

Thank you all so much!
@Temporal: LOL I should make it that name! That would definitely be cute. :3 I'll probably drop HP Fire for Pain Split since Focus Blast still hits Ferrothorn pretty hard.
@jle: Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not sure what I should replace yet, but I never realized how much of a threat Thundurus could be. I'll definitely add in Terrakion.
@Wau: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to do some thinking, but I'll probably give Hydregon a go. I'm not fond of Rotom to be honest.

I made some new edits to my team. It seems to be more solid, but it probably isn't perfect...yet. Any new fixes will now receive a free cookie. :3

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not seeing what HP Fighting is doing for Zone. Use Charge beam over it so you can set up to +6 on the opposing Ferrothorn and be guaranteed (almost) a kill on whatever comes in after.

Also, if you see me on PO message me and I'll send you an EV spread that gives you ridiculous bulk while still maintaining your speed and power.

I agree that hp fighting is unnecesary on magnezone. i found this set on another RMT and i really liked it

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

magnet rise is kinda unnecesary b/c of sub and you can change it, but i like it because it causes switches from pokemon whos only good attack against him is ground. also hp fire is better then fighting because as you said, it hits blissey, but blissey is so specially defensive, it still wont do that much. fire hits almost all steals and heatren can 1 hit with a fire without a sub so unless you can 1 hit him with hp fighting, fire is better overall.
the EV's are because i use him mainly to counter steels, so when i switch him in opposing pokemon usually only have not very effective attacks, so defense is unnecessary. speed is subject to change as im not sure what 252 with positive nature will outspeed, so feel free to look that over.

I'm not seeing what HP Fighting is doing for Zone. Use Charge beam over it so you can set up to +6 on the opposing Ferrothorn and be guaranteed (almost) a kill on whatever comes in after.

Also, if you see me on PO message me and I'll send you an EV spread that gives you ridiculous bulk while still maintaining your speed and power.
Will do. I'll try out Charge Beam and I'll pm you when I get the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)