5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When I try to search IVs after generating results in the seed to times section, I cant find anything.

Is this because I need to have the pokemon that I caught to be at lv 100? Or will level 50 work?

If they have to be lv 100, anyone know how to get them up, im guessing just day care or something? Because there arent 100 rare candies in the game without doing years of Subway etc

I'd like a screenshot of the window and the message, please. Also, try searching with CPUs set to 1. It will run a little slower, but may be less likely to fail.

Also, do you know how much RAM do you have in your PC?
Well crap. After waiting 45 minutes for the damn time progress thing to do its thing I didnt manage to get a screen shot. :/ All I can say is it ran extremely slowly and RNG reporter stopped working near the end. I cant help anymore today as I must go but if you need Ill be on later.

Hey guys im Rng'ing a Wild Shiny Joltic inside of Chargestone Cave. I am using rng reporter 9.75 using a ds lite. I hit the seed that i desire and advance the pid rng with chattot and sweet scent to engage the wild battle and every time i hit my seed and pid it doesnt come up shiny. Here is what im using

Full Seed:89BD82D4508113F3 Standard Non C Gear
Encounter type Wild Pokemon
DS Parameters Ds Lite
Mac Address a45c27f71fc6
Vcount 60 Vframe 6
GxStat 6 Timer0
Min C7E Timer 0 Max C70

Frame 1 Shiny Pid on 74 (By the way my game starting pid is 46)
Calm Shiny 30/25/31/31/27/31 Encounter Slot 0( for Joltic in Chargestone cave)

Time 4/19/11 11:30:54 While Holding up Button( I gotta start one second early as per ds parameters)

I advance the Pid with Chattot with a recorded chatter inside of my party then one im finished advancing i sweet scent to engage.

can anyone help on why its not shiny even i get the stats and nautre although rng reporter says it should be shiny

Thanks guys
You need to be on B1F (the one with the Doctor + Nugget Brothers) or else there are wandering NPCs which will destroy your attempts.

Hm, so I was trying to RNG for a wild Joltik (Standard Seed, non-C-Gear). I found a time with the IV spread I wanted - and its timer0 parameter is C7C. When I RNGed, I didn't get the spread I sought... turns out, when I re-checked the parameters, timer0 was actually C7B... I did this 3 times, and each time I got this same spread for C7B.

So, I searched for that spread I wanted, but this time with timer0 = C7B... found a spread... RNGed it... and I still got the wrong spread... now the timer0 = C7C... Did this a couple of times, and the timer0 was still C7C...

I went back to the first spread (the C7C one,) and I keep getting the C7B spread. If I continue to RNG one of these times, will it eventually fluctuate to the timer0 I need, or will it just stay what it's been?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Back when the game was first released we had a rule that nobody should ask about how to RNG IDs or starters until they were able to calibrate.

Calibrate with the Parameter Finder first, it's going to take a little bit more work to check the IVs.

Back when the game was first released we had a rule that nobody should ask about how to RNG IDs or starters until they were able to calibrate.

Calibrate with the Parameter Finder first, it's going to take a little bit more work to check the IVs.
Except I'm using the pokecheck site to get my IVs, the one from kraftpaper.org. I'd think that should be just a little bit useful since it seems to do a damn good job of getting the exact IVs and from there it's just inputting the correct time. I have no idea why it isn't working, but I'm just going to try doing everything from the very beginning to see if that'll eliminate any problems.

Thank you Kaphotics and Tesseraction, I hit my seed and took my ID/SID combo.
I was wrong with Timer0 like you suggested (I did a calibration on Black, then was trying to RNG in White without calibrating again).

Hello, I have successfully generated a stationary IV'd pokemon, but want to try for a shiny wild pokemon.

I have no idea where a good spot to try this for my first attempt is, so any suggestion would be appreciated.

Just messing around with some numbers in RNG Reporter, I check the shiny box, search under method 5 standard seed (is that the right one for wild pokemon?), set my IV's and nature I want, and it generates one result for me.

The result is :
Full seed: 67777A3662425804
Frame: 1
Nearest Shiny(?): 223
Encounter slot: 1
Nature: Jolly IVs: etc
Date: 02/21/11 18:17:10

So my understanding of this is I set my DS clock to the time, and do the usual thing to load it which I have done before to catch my stationary pokemon.

Prior to that, I am assuming I should be saved in a patch of grass with a sweet scenter since my frame is 1, then I would use a chatot to advance to the "Nearest Shiny" number?

Would I have to find out what I get just sweet scenting with 0, then 1 chatot, then 2 to see where my starting frame is? Then add to that number to make it 223 ahead of what the starting number was since that is the nearest shiny number?

Please tell me if I am interpretting this correctly, and if not, help me please! :)

Thank you!

@xxwerdxx:

Sounds like you have the theory down. A good place to practice would be somewhere like the top entrance of Victory Road, where you won't find any wandering NPCs.

Thanks, will have a look.

Just FYI, we don't have any intention of leaving the guides as-is. It just so happens that me and most of the people working on them are trying to finish our degrees. We will be writing and updating guides so they are easy to understand and worthy of going on-site.
No problem.

One of the ideas behind posting the document was an implicit suggestion that I'd be happy to help out with cleaning up the guides as they are.

@xxwerdxx:

Sounds like you have the theory down. A good place to practice would be somewhere like the top entrance of Victory Road, where you won't find any wandering NPCs.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if anything comes up :)

One thing though, how do you know which Pokemon is in each Encounter slot? If the encounter slot is 0, will it always be the same pokemon?

Is there a MAX frame on which the PIDRNG might start when trying to RNG for Wild Pokemon using the Standard Seed Method 5?

I mean, I'm hitting my seed, on the B1F on Chargestone Cave... I marked down the Nature, Ability, 50% Gender, and Encounter Slot of my first caught Pokemon. Then, I hit my seed a second time, used Chatter Chatot once, caught another Pokemon and marked its info down, too. And I repeated for a third Pokemon, using Chatter twice beforehand. I checked each of their IVs and made sure they matched my seed... so all I have to do now is find my starting point on the PIDRNG.

However, when I tried to search for these 3 adjacent PIDs, I come up empty-handed. I checked all 1-100,000 frames on the PIDRNG, and I'm not seeing any of the combos I've recorded. So, is it possible that my starting PIDRNG frame may be WAY out there, past the first 100,000 frames? Or am I probably doing something wrong?

There's no wandering NPCs advancing my frame on B1F of Chargestone Cave, right?

If the encounter slot is 0, will it always be the same pokemon?
Yes, as long as you stay in that same area... unless, of course, another encounter slot has the same Pokemon at the same level, then it could be either one of them.

Just when trying to search for time it'll give me an error going "RNG reporter has encountered an error and needs to close"
It keeps giving me that problem as well. I'm just trying to search for some Seeds/Times so I can get some Pokemon off of Platinum, Method J to be precise. I set up all of my parameters and whatnot, but, it keeps displaying the message:

Is there a MAX frame on which the PIDRNG might start when trying to RNG for Wild Pokemon using the Standard Seed Method 5?

I mean, I'm hitting my seed, on the B1F on Chargestone Cave... I marked down the Nature, Ability, 50% Gender, and Encounter Slot of my first caught Pokemon. Then, I hit my seed a second time, used Chatter Chatot once, caught another Pokemon and marked its info down, too. And I repeated for a third Pokemon, using Chatter twice beforehand. I checked each of their IVs and made sure they matched my seed... so all I have to do now is find my starting point on the PIDRNG.

However, when I tried to search for these 3 adjacent PIDs, I come up empty-handed. I checked all 1-100,000 frames on the PIDRNG, and I'm not seeing any of the combos I've recorded. So, is it possible that my starting PIDRNG frame may be WAY out there, past the first 100,000 frames? Or am I probably doing something wrong?

There's no wandering NPCs advancing my frame on B1F of Chargestone Cave, right?

Yes, as long as you stay in that same area... unless, of course, another encounter slot has the same Pokemon at the same level..., then it could be either one of them.
You should start over and try again. I don't think there are any wandering NPCs on B1F of Chargestone Cave. The starting PID is almost always in the 40-60 range, and know way it's going to be over 100,000. If you are using a synchronizer, make sure you have that noted in RNG Reporter.

You should start over and try again. ...The starting PID is almost always in the 40-60 range, and know way it's going to be over 100,000. If you are using a synchronizer, make sure you have that noted in RNG Reporter.
See, that's what I thought. I never had this issue with Reshiram (whose PID started on frame 53)... and yeah, I'm not using a Synchronizer... bleh, here we go again... The only thing I'm doing differently this time as compared to the time with Reshiram is using Chatot's status screen, with a recorded Chatter, to advance frames.

See, that's what I thought. I never had this issue with Reshiram (whose PID started on frame 53)... and yeah, I'm not using a Synchronizer... bleh, here we go again... The only thing I'm doing differently this time as compared to the time with Reshiram is using Chatot's status screen, with a recorded Chatter, to advance frames.
You're using Sweet Scent to initiate your encounters, right?

You're using Sweet Scent to initiate your encounters, right?
Yup - my Maractus is Sweet Scenting. After checking my Chatot's status screens, I immediately Sweet Scent. I never take a step, since that would advance the PIDRNG, and I am not using a Max Repel (although that shouldn't affect anything, considering I'm standing in one spot).

Maybe try looking for a frame 1 spread (possibly with non-ideal IVs) that has a low shiny frame to make sure your SID is right?

Okay, I've run into a problem.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using.
I am using Version 9.75 BETA.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
I am trying to capture Zekrom in N's Castle.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
My target seed is :97ED2A043D8E54FA

My target frame is: 25 (24? 25 is the number I got in RNG Reporter.)
Delay: I'm using Standard Abuse

MAC Address: 0016569C8FA2
  • How did you verify your seed?
RNG Reporter? I'm not sure I understand the question.
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I'm only doing IV Abuse, trying to get a flawless Zekrom. I ended up with the IVs of 24/6/2/24/24/16 and a Hasty nature.

I have dix Pokemon in my party with a fainted Hasty Synchronize Munna in the front slot. I took 512 steps ( I believe) to advance the frame to 24, and the extra one frame came from battling Zekrom, if I'm right. The date/time was 11/15/11 07:32:47, with a delay of one second, so I started the game at 46 seconds. I didn't press any keys as the game started. Not sure what else you need to know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
I have successfully RNG'd Zekrom to have flawless IVs, but the problem is that it's nature seems to be set at Adamant. I've tried about five times, all with flawless IVs, but an Adamant nature. I'm not using nature sbuse, I thought the Synchronizer would take care of that. Help?

Got it to work! Thanks for the help guys and the link to the encounter chart! Made it way easier then I thought.

Any other spots I can try? Or a guide to doing it in areas with NPCs?

Thanks!

Maybe try looking for a frame 1 spread (possibly with non-ideal IVs) that has a low shiny frame to make sure your SID is right?
Maybe he/she could use http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/ to check the SID. That's what I used, considering I couldn't use Shiny PKMN to find my SID. Shouldn't this site be noted somewhere on the first page?

I have successfully RNG'd Zekrom to have flawless IVs, but the problem is that it's nature seems to be set at Adamant. I've tried about five times, all with flawless IVs, but an Adamant nature. I'm not using nature sbuse, I thought the Synchronizer would take care of that. Help?
You need to advance the PIDRNG, still... So, you have to do a little bit of nature abuse. So, try this - hit your seed again, walk the steps to advance your frame, and then, just before you confront Zekrom, save... Then battle and capture it.

Check your IVs and nature... The IVs should be the same, but the nature should change... If it's not the nature you desire, try again... but this time, save twice... If that still doesn't work, try again, but save 3 times... keep this up, and you'll get the proper nature. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)