5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have successfully RNG'd Zekrom to have flawless IVs, but the problem is that it's nature seems to be set at Adamant. I've tried about five times, all with flawless IVs, but an Adamant nature. I'm not using nature sbuse, I thought the Synchronizer would take care of that. Help?
Are you saving/using Chatot Chatter to advance your PID before capturing? If you're just hitting your seed and IV frame then capturing right away the nature is going to be the same every time.

Got it to work! Thanks for the help guys and the link to the encounter chart! Made it way easier then I thought.

Any other spots I can try? Or a guide to doing it in areas with NPCs?

Thanks!
Not every area with NPCs advances the PID. Only ones that move randomly. Route 9 for instance has a bunch of NPCs moving around, but they are all on a set course so they don't make calls to the RNG and don't advance the PID.

For areas where there are PID advancing NPCs your best bet is to find a shiny that allows you to use an IV frame as one. Save in the grass/cave/water etc... Hit your seed and as soon as you see the season screen pop up start mashing X to get into your menu as soon as possible. Use a Chatot chatter once and then Sweet Scent. As long as you're consistently entering the menu as soon as possible whenever you load into the the game the NPCs shouldn't have much chance to move and mess up your frame. This is kind of impossible with IV frames where you have to walk, though.

Not every area with NPCs advances the PID. Only ones that move randomly. Route 9 for instance has a bunch of NPCs moving around, but they are all on a set course so they don't make calls to the RNG and don't advance the PID.

For areas where there are PID advancing NPCs your best bet is to find a shiny that allows you to use an IV frame as one. Save in the grass/cave/water etc... Hit your seed and as soon as you see the season screen pop up start mashing X to get into your menu as soon as possible. Use a Chatot chatter once and then Sweet Scent. As long as you're consistently entering the menu as soon as possible whenever you load into the the game the NPCs shouldn't have much chance to move and mess up your frame. This is kind of impossible with IV frames where you have to walk, though.
Oh, I didn't know that about them moving randomly, thanks.

As you advised I have been looking for IV frames of 1, just to make things easier for myself. It seems that is the right way to go about it anyways.

Thanks for all your advice, it is very useful and sped up the learning quite a bit for me :D

You should start over and try again...
I FOUND THE ERROR! It actually isn't my fault... Someone mentioned this a couple of pages back - when the RNG Time Finder results are outputted to Excel, the column with the FULL SEED has a space before the actual full seed. So, when I copied it from Excel and pasted it into the blank for the Method 5 PIDRNG Seed Hex, a space was present at the beginning... which made me lose the last digit/letter in the full seed...

Wow, and to think I wasted like 2 hrs. trying and retrying... not to mention a wrong timer0 kept interfering with the whole process.

Maybe he/she could use http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/ to check the SID. That's what I used, considering I couldn't use Shiny PKMN to find my SID. Shouldn't this site be noted somewhere on the first page?

You need to advance the PIDRNG, still... So, you have to do a little bit of nature abuse. So, try this - hit your seed again, walk the steps to advance your frame, and then, just before you confront Zekrom, save... Then battle and capture it.

Check your IVs and nature... The IVs should be the same, but the nature should change... If it's not the nature you desire, try again... but this time, save twice... If that still doesn't work, try again, but save 3 times... keep this up, and you'll get the proper nature. :)
I saved once before battling Zekrom on two different occassions and I recieved a Sp.Def boosting nature (I can't run an IV Calc right now to make sure which one it is exactly), but I recieved the same IV results both times, and they were both non-flawless. I can tell because the Hp Stat should be 175 at level 50, and it's only 172, since nature doesn't effect Hp. Problem?

I saved once before battling Zekrom on two different occassions and I recieved a Sp.Def boosting nature (I can't run an IV Calc right now to make sure which one it is exactly), but I recieved the same IV results both times, and they were both non-flawless. I can tell because the Hp Stat should be 175 at level 50, and it's only 172, since nature doesn't effect Hp. Problem?
Now, you're use an IV calc, you get a range of possible IVs, right? And considering Zekrom is Lv. 50, the range is pretty small, so you can usually tell if you've hit your seed or not.

If your IV ranges obviously do not encompass the IVs you're supposed to hit, then you actually missed your seed. The timer0 can fluctuate, which would cause this to happen. Just try again... To advance through your natures, save the game... however many times needed until you reach the desired nature.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was going for a shiny Terrakion. Seed CBF66EB90E8A8ECA, shiny frame on 635 (Jolly, no sync). After 128 steps, I calibrated my starting frame to be 318 (Bold/Naive/Sassy, which doesn't appear anywhere else within a reasonable range). Hit the seed, advanced 317 times, and got a non-shiny Rash, which seems to be frame 633. This happened 3 times in a row and the IVs were correct every time, so I don't think it was a mistake in counting or missing the seed. Any idea what else might have done it?

Now, you're use an IV calc, you get a range of possible IVs, right? And considering Zekrom is Lv. 50, the range is pretty small, so you can usually tell if you've hit your seed or not.

If your IV ranges obviously do not encompass the IVs you're supposed to hit, then you actually missed your seed. The timer0 can fluctuate, which would cause this to happen. Just try again... To advance through your natures, save the game... however many times needed until you reach the desired nature.
You said that the IVs should remain the same, and they didn't. Why?

It used to work like that in DPPtHGSS, but now all NPCs advance the PID frame. Wandering ones advance it inconsistently, and those moving on a predetermined pattern advance it +1 or -1 every time they move, albeit consistently. I've tested it only on Chargestone Cave B2F, P2 Laboratory and Routes 6&10 though, so i can't put my finger down for Route 9.

@voodoo pimp: Save 2 more times. The musketeer trio and Kyurem are 2 frames forward from what RNG reporter says.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
@voodoo pimp: Save 2 more times. The musketeer trio and Kyurem are 2 frames forward from what RNG reporter says.
I didn't have this problem with Virizion. And if that's the case, shouldn't it have affected the initial frame as well? I'll give it a try, though.

Edit: caught it, but I'm still confused as to why that happened.

@voodoo pimp:It's hard to explain, it's part of the game's coding, but in a nutshell, when you encounter the musketeer trio or Kyurem, the game uses the seed's initial PID for wild pokemon but the actual starting frame for stationary pokemon. If you check the PIDRNG on the reporter's main page for a seed, you'll see that stationary pokemon are 2 frames forward from wild ones. Thus the 2 frame deficit... And now you're more confused than b4 lol.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
GCjedi, I can't reproduce that error even though I entered the exact same things.

Make sure your NET framework is up to date.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
No, that would make sense...except it doesn't explain why it didn't happen with Virizion, or why the final nature was shifted but the initial wasn't.

So is there a specific way to manipulate which wild pokemon you encounter? I'm trying to catch a karrablast, but there is only a 25% encounter rate for it, and even when using the same seed, when I click "save" to advance the Nature/Ability/Gender RNG the pokemon I encounter is different.

So is there a specific way to manipulate which wild pokemon you encounter? I'm trying to catch a karrablast, but there is only a 25% encounter rate for it, and even when using the same seed, when I click "save" to advance the Nature/Ability/Gender RNG the pokemon I encounter is different.
Read the guide linked in post three of this thread. I'm pretty sure it covers encounter slots.

Insert your seed on the RNGreporter's main page and select method 5 PIDRNG. The "encounter slot" column refers to which pokemon you'll encounter on each frame. Click on 5th gen tools at the top to find a list of ESVs for Black and White, to check which number represents which pokemon.

Check the encounter slot of your seed. It will tell you what pokemon you will encounter on that seed.

@kaphotics: Will there be a guide on Bubble Spot/ Shaking Grass abuse? Not requesting from anyone to do it, just asking whether it's part of the RNGreporter developer team's future plans or not.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@kaphotics: Will there be a guide on Bubble Spot/ Shaking Grass abuse? Not requesting from anyone to do it, just asking whether it's part of the RNGreporter developer team's future plans or not.
In the next version, the nibble/hook result and item/pokemon calc will be in reporter.

All you have to do is [fish]/[walk into] the spot instead of [sweet scenting] to hit the PID frame, a guide is not needed. Everything is predicted for you, it's simple!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Will it ever be possible to search more than one month at a time? Especially when looking for shiny seeds, it would be a lot easier to search a large range at once than to have to manually input a new month every 15 seconds.

Insert your seed on the RNGreporter's main page and select method 5 PIDRNG. The "encounter slot" column refers to which pokemon you'll encounter on each frame. Click on 5th gen tools at the top to find a list of ESVs for Black and White, to check which number represents which pokemon.
The only method 5 tabs I see are: "Standard Seed", "C-gear Seed", and "natures Theoretical"

You said that the IVs should remain the same, and they didn't. Why?
Have you ever hit the seed that you wanted? I mean, did you get a Zekrom with [probably] the correct IVs but wrong nature? If so, then you're RNGing correctly - it's just, a parameter called "timer0" is fluctuating... for example - for me, timer0 is usually C7C, but at times C7B interferes with my RNGing. Just keep trying and you'll get the correct timer0 for your seed... albeit, not 100% of the time.

In that case, if you know you're RNGing correctly and occasionally get the IVs you want, but the wrong nature, then remember to save before talking to Zekrom - that'll advance the frame from the RNG controlling natures (PID). If, with one save, it's still the wrong nature (whenever you get the Zekrom with the proper IVs), then RNG again, but save twice - keep adding on saves until you get the right nature with the right IVs. It's a matter of guessing and checking... and well, the fluctuating timer0 will sometimes cause you to get the wrong IVs... You just have to keep trying.

I should tell you, though, that there IS a way to control the PIDRNG... it's actually pretty easy, so you don't have to resort to guessing & checking, and adding on one save each time you RNG... View the bearfans video in post 3 of this thread.

Will it ever be possible to search more than one month at a time? Especially when looking for shiny seeds, it would be a lot easier to search a large range at once than to have to manually input a new month every 15 seconds.
Fifteen seconds? It takes me over an hour to search a full month with three keypresses.

Thanks for the info about the updated version! So I've gotten the Method 5 PIDRNG up and I've discovered what encounter slot the karrablast is on, so how do you advance this frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)