5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will it ever be possible to search more than one month at a time? Especially when looking for shiny seeds, it would be a lot easier to search a large range at once than to have to manually input a new month every 15 seconds.
Fifteen seconds? It takes me over an hour to search a full month with three keypresses.
Yeah.. if it only takes 15 seconds, you're doing something horridly wrong. I'm running a beastly machine with 8 threads and it's still taking much longer than that claim. The reason you can't search multiple months is that it takes the average computer 1 to 2 hours to perform that search. For that reason, you won't ever see a version that allows you to search more than one month at a time. If anything, the increments would need to be made smaller so that computers can handle it. The search often maxes out the CPU (90-95%) for that length of time. Without a good cooling system, that can easily fry your processor. In fact, I think OD should probably put a warning on there somewhere even though the GNU Licence explicitly holds the creators as not responsible for any issues caused by the software.

Yeah.. if it only takes 15 seconds, you're doing something horridly wrong. I'm running a beastly machine with 8 threads and it's still taking much longer than that claim. The reason you can't search multiple months is that it takes the average computer 1 to 2 hours to perform that search. For that reason, you won't ever see a version that allows you to search more than one month at a time. If anything, the increments would need to be made smaller so that computers can handle it. The search often maxes out the CPU (90-95%) for that length of time. Without a good cooling system, that can easily fry your processor. In fact, I think OD should probably put a warning on there somewhere even though the GNU Licence explicitly holds the creators as not responsible for any issues caused by the software.
He might be doing no keypress combo, in which mine gets done in about 15-25 seconds. As for 1 Keypress combo does indeed take a long while, I usually watch an anime and it's done. So anywhere from 15-20 mins. I don't really want to imagine what a 3 keypress combo will take xD!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm searching with no keypresses (I've never been able to hit them properly, so I find it easier to just not use them); maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, having the option to search lengths of time other than a single month seems like it would be a good feature, both for lower-end computers that might have trouble with it and for higher-end computers that can handle the sustained activity.

A quick question about key combos. When exactly do you start to hold the buttons down that it says, and when do you let go? I have only done rngs that require no buttons to be held.

if i want good shiny spreads for RNGing wild pokemon should i use key presses? the seeds i find shiny for no keypresses mostly suck lol. let me know if i need to add more info

Ok I've finally decided to go RNG my Thundurus and I just found a seed that gives 31/30/30/31/31/31 on frame 11.
It also gives me a shiny Thundurus with Timid Nature on PID frame 163. :D
Now im not sure if this is correct but I assume so if I advance the iv frame by walking 256 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, the PID frame won't advance (not counting stupid NPCs) since im not walaking in the grass right?

Also where do I start walking? I'd assume it to be just outside the house where the old woman is. Also will the weather effects mess with my PIDRNG

A quick question about key combos. When exactly do you start to hold the buttons down that it says, and when do you let go? I have only done rngs that require no buttons to be held.
Hold the buttons immediately after pressing A to start the game. I hold them until the comet appears on screen and it works fine for me.

if i want good shiny spreads for RNGing wild pokemon should i use key presses? the seeds i find shiny for no keypresses mostly suck lol. let me know if i need to add more info
More keypresses means a lot more available seeds.

Ok I've finally decided to go RNG my Thundurus and I just found a seed that gives 31/30/30/31/31/31 on frame 11.
It also gives me a shiny Thundurus with Timid Nature on PID frame 163. :D
Now im not sure if this is correct but I assume so if I advance the iv frame by walking 256 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, the PID frame won't advance (not counting stupid NPCs) since im not walaking in the grass right?

Also where do I start walking? I'd assume it to be just outside the house where the old woman is. Also will the weather effects mess with my PIDRNG
You want to save inside the house and do all your advancements inside. Walking in there won't advance your PID frame. The weather during the event will give you a starting PID way over 163, though.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Damm so I won't be able to hit that PID frame then?
I think the minimum frame for it is something like 1000. It's going to be ridiculously difficult regardless (third post says it's the most difficult of all).
When breeding, is it possible to hit a shiny frame of 44, 46, or 48.
Possible, but unlikely. The starting PID range is 40-60, so it's going to start higher than that more often than not.

really? wow i never knew that lol thats interesting to find out. so if i found my parameters without keypresses i can do seeds with keypresses correct?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
really? wow i never knew that lol thats interesting to find out.
It makes sense if you think about it. One keypress gives you 12 options, compared to one for no presses. Two keypresses make another 66 combinations, and three are a further 220 if I did the math correctly. Assuming all are equally likely, that comes out to 299 different possible combinations of keys. So yeah, you'll get a lot.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It makes sense if you think about it. One keypress gives you 12 options, compared to one for no presses. Two keypresses make another 66 combinations, and three are a further 220 if I did the math correctly. Assuming all are equally likely, that comes out to 299 different possible combinations of keys. So yeah, you'll get a lot.
You can go even deeper with theoretical keypresses (beyond complex) :)

in the research thread you can combine the 3 keypress modifying groups to get liek 1000+ combinations. But nobody wants 5 button keypresses.

Seed: 5D8001820DFE9BA7
Date: 5/14/2011
Time: 6:21:16
Keypress: Select+Right+R
Shiny Frame: 209
IVs: 2/28/2/30/31/30
Everstone: Calm
Inheritance: Ma / Fe / x / Fe / x / x

Foongus: 4/30/22/30/31/1
Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30

How do I start finding the PID frame for eggs?

Seed: 5D8001820DFE9BA7
Date: 5/14/2011
Time: 6:21:16
Keypress: Select+Right+R
Shiny Frame: 209
IVs: 2/28/2/30/31/30
Everstone: Calm
Inheritance: Ma / Fe / x / Fe / x / x

Foongus: 4/30/22/30/31/1
Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30

How do I start finding the PID frame for eggs?
Read This

Q1: Does the sandstorm on Route 4 / Desort Resort affect the PIDRNG? ...it was never mentioned on page 1 (though, this might be because Sweet Scent doesn't work in a sandstorm)...

Q2: Say I can't use a Sweet Scenter in a grassy area/cave/etc... instead, I choose to move around until I meet a wild PKMN. If I move in the same exact pattern each and every time I hit my seed, will I always run into a wild PKMN at exactly the same time?

Q3: The sandstorm will not affect the Method 5 Standard Seed, right? (I really want to RNG a pair of Darumaka - for parenting purposes. I figured that if I try long enough, I'll obtain a female and a male with my desired IV spreads.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)