5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Search for seeds with keypresses (in the 5th Gen DS Parameters tab). I recommend looking for seeds 2 because those are easy to pull off and hugely increase the number of seeds available to you.
For the keypresses do I just press them once in order at the game bootup on the Nintendo logo? Just want to know.

O jesus almighty lord.Im having a nervous breakdown here:kongler:.
After getting the same 30 wrong IV spreads,i just scratched my head and thought
"What the fuck im doing wrong?"

And thought and thought and thought....then i noticed i was charging my DS while doing and after removing the charger,voila flawless shiny golett
***** YOU TOO CHARGER -___-;

Coincidence that was the charger that was screwing my timing?Or just really bad luck?

And thought and thought and thought....then i noticed i was charging my DS while doing and after removing the charger,voila flawless shiny golett

Coincidence that was the charger that was screwing my timing?Or just really bad luck?
Unrelated, but I was failing to RNG a chatot for 3 hours, then I realized I was using 23:40something as my hour, when the seed was on 22:40something.

Epic facepalm.

Alright, so after following the guide, I'm consistently getting a shiny egg, but it's of the wrong nature, furthermore the nature doesn't even exist(as a shiny) in that seed (at least not within the result range) Any thoughts?

edited.

Alright, so after following the guide, I'm consistently getting a shiny egg, but it's of the wrong nature, furthermore the nature doesn't even exist(as a shiny) in that seed (at least not within the result range) Any thoughts?

edited.
Some natures cannot be changed even with an everstone

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Timer0 fluctuates between two values. Those values, for you, are C7E and C7F. You have to get lucky.
For me if you start the game a tad before one second before the target time I consistently get C7F and if I press it a tab after the on second before I consistently get C7E.

I just stopped hitting my seed after taking my charger out XD

Sooo . . .

I'm using a CycloDS and figured that I'd try Standard since I've seen mixed comments about the consistency of the parameters. Long story short, when I increase the variables I get multiple results. My question is; which variable(s) do I increase and by how much to try to pin down my parameters? Also, is there a way to "test" one of the results without outright trying to RNG with it?

So, I'm trying to fish a Bold HP Grass Feebas in Route 1 and I had two no-button-pressing seeds with low IV frame, one with Timer0 C7E and the other with C7F. What is frustrating is that for the first seed with timer0 C7E I'm hitting the adjacent seed with Timer0 C7F and when I grew frustrated I switched over to the other seed with Timer0 C7F and now I'm always hitting the Timter0 C7E. I know this the the "thing" that fluctuates in non-standard seeds, but is there something external that affects it I can't control or is there a way I can better my chances of getting one value over the other?

Also, I searched in the time Finder tab for encounter slot 3, but in the odd couple of times where I've hit either seed, I always get basculins, why is this?

For me if you start the game a tad before one second before the target time I consistently get C7F and if I press it a tab after the on second before I consistently get C7E.
Would you mind explaining this a bit better? This might help me :)

Some natures cannot be changed even with an everstone
I'm not using an everstone, is that my problem? I'm trying to hit the timid PID Frame, but the egg comes out Relaxed. I hatched two separate eggs, and got relaxed twice. Relaxed shows up nearby in the seed, but not as shiny.

Gonna run one quick test to see if I can hit something else nearby.

I'm not using an everstone, is that my problem? I'm trying to hit the timid PID Frame, but the egg comes out Relaxed. I hatched two separate eggs, and got relaxed twice. Relaxed shows up nearby in the seed, but not as shiny.

Gonna run one quick test to see if I can hit something else nearby.
Hmm if you getting one off sometimes this is probabaly due to the NPC outside screwing the PID.You gotta be fast...and lucky

Sooo . . .

I'm using a CycloDS and figured that I'd try Standard since I've seen mixed comments about the consistency of the parameters. Long story short, when I increase the variables I get multiple results. My question is; which variable(s) do I increase and by how much to try to pin down my parameters? Also, is there a way to "test" one of the results without outright trying to RNG with it?
Extend the First min C60 to A60 and the other max to FA0.After doing this use the timer0 that you mostly see.After 10 tries xD

The initial is set to 0, not 1. Therefore the first PIDRNG frame you are hitting is 1.

Think about it, it's working as intended :)

Just a difference of conceived definitions

You cannot control your timer0. I assume you are using a flashcart as those are not the standard parameters for DS/DSlite. You should really buy the game (2 timer0s always), or use luck with your flashcart.

Well well well....looks like i wasnt the only one with problems hitting the seed and as kaphotics said i guess we need a bit of luck...
Whelp better 3 hours of frustration than weeks to hatch 3000 eggs for a crap shiny xD

Ok update: There seems to be an issue with the seed. It's supposed to be,

104 Timid SHINY
105 Quirky
106 Naughty SHINY
107 Quiet SHINY
108 Rash SHINY
109 Modest SHINY
110 Relaxed

My first few attempts got me 110, but it came out shiny with relaxed nature.
I adjusted my chatters to try to hit 104, and sure enough it came out Timid, but not shiny.

Error in the program, or on my end?

Extend the First min C60 to A60 and the other max to FA0.After doing this use the timer0 that you mostly see.After 10 tries xD
Well it only gave two results, which is better than my previous five. Though I didn't change my Timer0 on those. Thanks, search again and hopefully get the same results. :s

Ok update: There seems to be an issue with the seed. It's supposed to be,

104 Timid SHINY
105 Quirky
106 Naughty SHINY
107 Quiet SHINY
108 Rash SHINY
109 Modest SHINY
110 Relaxed

My first few attempts got me 110, but it came out shiny with relaxed nature.
I adjusted my chatters to try to hit 104, and sure enough it came out Timid, but not shiny.

Error in the program, or on my end?
You should give us all the info: The seed, the ID/SID, if the parents are international, or if there is a Ditto, and if you're using an everstone. Otherwise, nobody will be able to help you without guesswork.

ID 17351, SID 07799, One parent is international (male), female is from my US game. No ditto involved, no everstone, but both have power items.

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for RNG'ing Tornadus/Thundurus's natures? There's got to be SOME trick, right? Or do I just keep resetting and manipulating the IVs until I hit the nature I want? :\

Around what frame do their PIDs tend to start at after the whole rain sequence?
Repost. Thanks.

Okay, so following Nebilim's advice and only changing my Timer0 value, I have encounter the exact same pokemon three times in a row, so obviously I'm hitting it consistently. However, there are two results given when I enter the information in the parameter finder. So do I just pick one and try it or what?

ID 17351, SID 07799, One parent is international (male), female is from my US game. No ditto involved, no everstone, but both have power items.
there you have it. Don't use power items. As far as I know, and I don't think this has changed, Power Items can't be predicted and might throw your abuse off.

Anyway, you forgot to tell us the seed, so we can't even search for anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)