5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Can't be the second option because I've RNG'ed 4 legends so far.

I'm guessing I have to calibrate several times and find my other Timer0 since I don't remember what it was? If it matters the seed I'm using has no key presses either.

Trying to Help xtr3m3, and I Need Help Myself!

...for some reason I can't RNG wild pokemon. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but here's what I'm doing:
1) Searched an IV seed under Method 5 (Standard Seed); Wild pokemon; Any
2) Got the seed
3) C/p it into the initial window; changed it to Method 5 PIDRNG; Wild Pokemon
4) Checked off the shiny box
5) Advanced my frame by chatting
6) Sweet Scent
7) No shiny, no correct IVs/frame, nothing.
Did I miss something? There's no NPCs on my screen ... I initially tested it in the 2F of Celestial tower where no one moved and I got nothing there either.
I'm guessing I have to calibrate several times and find my other Timer0 since I don't remember what it was? If it matters the seed I'm using has no key presses either.
It sounds like you're doing everything correctly... But the fact that the IVs are wrong definitely points to 3 possibilities I can think of:
1. Something is wrong somewhere in what you've entered into the Time Finder... though, it sounds like you've done everything correctly.
2. You might've entered the wrong date/time into your DS - check the year on the calendar, etc.
3. You're not hitting your seed - a.k.a. either you're hitting a seed for a different timer0, or a different second.

I'm thinking it's the latter (#3) - I'm pretty sure you've calibrated for your legendaries. For example: if I want to hit a seed at 10:30:21, I have to click "A" to load the game at 10:30:20... So, there was a 1-second discrepancy. On some spreads, however, there was actually a 2-second delay. And of course, my timer0 liked to vary from time to time (dependent on when you click "A" to load the game - try to be consistent).

The resolution?: I suggest you try searching your DS parameters again if this keeps happening. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes - just try to hit your seed - don't worry about advancing the PIDRNG frame - it's pointless if you've got the wrong seed (which you can tell by having the wrong IVs). Attempt to hit your seed... Then, Sweet Scent and catch whatever pops up immediately after you load your game. Check its stats, characteristic trait, nature, etc., and load it into this (optional) calculator:
http://metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

Or use whatever you've been using to check the IVs...
[Metalkid's the most useful calculator I've found for entering the stats at multiple levels. You can use about 3-5 Rare Candies (or however many you'd like), and after each Rare Candy, copy all of the stats into the rows on the calculator (this is self-explanatory)... Once complete, click "Calculate," and it'll give you an accurate estimate of your caught Pokemon's IVs.]

Use this info for the DS Parameter search - it should reveal the problem; discrepancy in the new parameter details - see what differs from the current parameters you're using.

--------------------
Now, hopefully someone can resolve my new issue: HELP!
I'm trying to breed for perfect IVs and Shinyness. But I can't figure out how to check my seed! The fact that some of the IVs are inherited makes the DS Parameter Search obsolete. And since I pick-up the Egg ASAP after the game loads, Sweet Scenting a nearby Pokemon doesn't really help - I mean, isn't the game reseeded? It would explain why, when I tried to Sweet Scent a Pokemon immediately after picking up the Egg, the Sweet Scented Pokemon's IVs failed the DS Parameter Search (0 results emerged) - this happened a couple of times. What should I do to calibrate, then? I'm obviously NOT hitting my seed, as the IVs are not what they should be... but I can't figure out what I'm really hitting...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
However, after the Egg hatches and I check the hatched Pokemon's IVs, they're all wrong. And even when I perform a DS Parameter Search using these IVs, I come up empty handed (And yeah, I remembered to enter in my keypresses). I've tried this multiple times, and every time I get the exact same Pokemon (without Chatot advancements) - yet, it provides me zero info to finding out what seed I actually hit... and if I don't know that, I can't remedy the situation. Can someone spot my mistake?
Since you're getting non-perfect IVs, it means you're not hitting your seed (most likely wrong Timer0).

And you won't be able to search for egg IVs in the DS parameter finder, since egg IVs include IVs inherited from the parents.

Since you're getting non-perfect IVs, it means you're not hitting your seed (most likely wrong Timer0).

And you won't be able to search for egg IVs in the DS parameter finder, since egg IVs include IVs inherited from the parents.
Oops - yeah, silly me - I just realized, about 2 minutes ago, that some of the IVs are inherited... *sigh* So then, is there another way to determine what seed I'm really hitting? I tried Sweet Scenting a Pokemon right after getting the Egg, but its IVs failed the Ds Parameter Search (0 Results)... unless it was just a fluke that time?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oops - yeah, silly me - I just realized, about 2 minutes ago, that some of the IVs are inherited... *sigh* So then, is there another way to determine what seed I'm really hitting? I tried Sweet Scenting a Pokemon right after getting the Egg, but its IVs failed the Ds Parameter Search (0 Results)... unless it was just a fluke that time?
Param Searching only works for frame 1 spreads, yours would be on frame 14. (which is not 1)

Param Searching only works for frame 1 spreads, yours would be on frame 14. (which is not 1)
Ah, I figured... So, the IVs on the hatched Pokemon wouldn't help either. I guess I better take a different approach... Would the "Calculate Initial Frame PIDRNG" apply to a Gift Pokemon situation? I assume it would... using that info, I can probably approximate my starting frame (while also factoring in the 1 wandering NPC) as soon as I manage to properly hit my seed with a little bit of guessing-and-checking. (My timer0 fluctuates between C7B and C7C, and I sometimes have to load the game 2 seconds before the target time rather than the usual 1.)

I'll get it eventually. Thanks.

I can't seem to hit my roamer seed even though I am starting my game at the right time and holding down the two buttons I am supposed to when the game boots. I am saved right before going out the door which triggers the roamer to set its ivs and nature and even though my ivs are frame 1 on the seed I can't seem to hit them. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I just press the two buttons or hold them down at the logo?

I'm trying to breed a shiny petilil. I've tried hitting different seeds with no success. Does the starting PID frame change every time I start my game at a different time? For example let's say I keep entering the game on May 2nd at 11:53:39 and I figure out my starting PID frame is 304. If I start entering the game on December 5th at 05:07:42, will that change my starting PID? Also, does it change/stay the same if I tried doing that on a wild Pokemon?

Hello, I successfully hatched a shiny Oddish egg, but have a question about my SSF. I did chatters +2 +3 +4 to find my SSF, because I was everstone breeding.

Once I located it, I subtracted 2 from the +2 chatter frame to determine my SSF. However, when I hatched the egg, it was 2 over the shiny frame. So I just added 2 to my SSF, which put it to my chatter +2 frame, and it worked fine.

Just wondering if the SSF is different for eggs and starts at two chatters or something, because this is the second time it has happened to me.

Thanks

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
does anybody know how nincada's evolution (with a team of 5 or less pokemon) advances the frame?
It doesn't.

It's just a way of hitting prime-numbered advances. Like if you have a party of 3 and walk 128 steps, evolve Nincada to get a party of 4, and walk another 128 steps for a total of a +7 advancement.

oh, so it isn't so useful for me... thanks.

edit: a question on the time finder:
how can I do to search at the same time for a spread that must be synchronizable OR of a certain nature? (if I didn't wrote it clearly, I have to find with the same search spreads that are either synchronizable or not synchronizable but of the nature I want).

Hello, I successfully hatched a shiny Oddish egg, but have a question about my SSF. I did chatters +2 +3 +4 to find my SSF, because I was everstone breeding.

Once I located it, I subtracted 2 from the +2 chatter frame to determine my SSF. However, when I hatched the egg, it was 2 over the shiny frame. So I just added 2 to my SSF, which put it to my chatter +2 frame, and it worked fine.

Just wondering if the SSF is different for eggs and starts at two chatters or something, because this is the second time it has happened to me.

Thanks
An NPC may be moving between when you exit the menu and grab the egg.
If it's consistent, though, you may be miscounting or doing some math wrong.

Okay, I've encountered something here, which I thought was kind of weird.

Seed: 3F10BD4D2CBAF361 (Breeding)
ID: 30551
SID: 02218
Everstone: Timid
Shiny at: Frame 162
I just hit this shiny frame, I was going for a DW ability Nidoran-M. However, I got a flawless Nidoran-F with DW ability instead. But as far as I know, Nidoran's gender is 50/50 male/female..

Okay, I've encountered something here, which I thought was kind of weird.

Seed: 3F10BD4D2CBAF361 (Breeding)
ID: 30551
SID: 02218
Everstone: Timid
Shiny at: Frame 162
I just hit this shiny frame, I was going for a DW ability Nidoran-M. However, I got a flawless Nidoran-F with DW ability instead. But as far as I know, Nidoran's gender is 50/50 male/female..
Nidoran's gender is determined differently and no research has been done into that as of last time this was asked, so you'll just have to try another seed.

Yeah, I think the NPCs were your only problem (: Offscreen NPCs can still affect your PIDRNG on the same map. Even so, though, if you are using an IV frame 1 seed you can still try for Feebas as long as you pull the menu up quickly right after starting your game to do your chatot advancements.

In an area with no NPCs your starting PID frame should be around 40-60~
I see, will keep both things in mind for future RNGs :) Thanks!

But you lost me in your last sentence :( I understand the whole bring the menu up fast so no NPC moves and advancing the PIDRNG frame (very reminiscent of the Egg RNG in DPPt) but what leaves me wondering is, I'd do that after a "test-run" to see what the initial PID frame is, right? But, would that be futile if there are moving NPCs or something? What happens if I'm using a synchronizer? will the initial PID frame still be around 40-60?

Sorry to bombard you with questions like this but I'm just starting to RNG in B/W and trying to grasp it fully and there are several things I'm still clueless about.
I'm still curious about this.

hey i asked where the intial pid frame can be (between 40 and 60) and i tried the new reporter with the intial pid frame check, it came out that it was 39, and yes i used the full seed, so is it a bug or right ?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey i asked where the intial pid frame can be (between 40 and 60) and i tried the new reporter with the intial pid frame check, it came out that it was 39, and yes i used the full seed, so is it a bug or right ?
You should probably post the seed when you say something does something, but it is possible (albeit very rare).

40-60 is the general range, there still can be outliers.

I can't seem to hit my roamer seed even though I am starting my game at the right time and holding down the two buttons I am supposed to when the game boots. I am saved right before going out the door which triggers the roamer to set its ivs and nature and even though my ivs are frame 1 on the seed I can't seem to hit them. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I just press the two buttons or hold them down at the logo?
Been waiting for someone to give me an answer plz.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You hold them down from the moment you start the game until after the logo. If that's not the problem, check your adjacent seeds, make sure you aren't hitting the wrong Timer0 or something.

I'm planning to RNG a shiny Pansear, and I have both my standard seed and my pidrng seed. I noticed that the NPC that gives you the elemental monkeys moves around randomly. What would be the best way to go about advancing the frame? I tried saving but she just moves in between saves, and unfortunately I dont have a Chatot yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)