Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing an open challenge!

1v1 singles
3 Day DQ
No Recovers, No Chills (Why, you ask? Why don't you look at the arena to find out!)

The arena is a desert.

Basically, everyone has a Thirst Counter. If the Thirst Counter for a pokemon goes to 10, then that pokemon di-i mean faints. There are 5 cacti in the general vicinity. At anytime you can break a cactus using a move (counts as an action) and drink the water from it, which is the same as using a Chill.

There is a 5% chance of rain at the beginning of a round. If it rains, rain is in effect for that round and the Thirst Counter for all pokemon out drops back to zero.

Surf cannot be used since there isn't any water. Dig uses 5 more energy than usual, since the sand keeps coming down when you dig through it. Pokemon that thrive in the sand have their Thirst Counter drop every even round. They also don't spend as much energy using Dig.
I accept your challenge!
items=0
abilities=all
switch=not possible due to it being 1v1

SEEKING OPPONENT.

Venser shall ref.

3v3 Doubles
2 Recovers, 2 Rests, 5 Chills per Pokemon
DQ: 3 days for players, 5 for refs.

All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
Pokemon cannot evolve into their final stages during battle. (Klink can evolve, but Klang cannot.)

I will move second and allow my taker to design the stage.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From what I can tell, this doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, so I'm gonna withdraw my entrance from this battle. :\ I'll take something that I might actually be able to do without having nothing to post in for a week.

Floraedit: For anyone taking the above challenge, we need one more person. It's already posted here. You will automatically be paired with LupusAter. Post in this thread saying you're accepting it and PM me your Pokemon, up to 3 (but you're using 2 Pokemon). Also sorry Banryu for the post jacking, just didn't want to post.
We need one more person to play here (it's a bring your strongest mon thing, so I don't recommend bringing pre-evos). Also, I made the arena (it's in the link at "here").

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Frosty said:
Open Challenge
2vs2 doubles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries/5 Chills

Arena:

Johto's National Park during the Bug Catching Contest. There is a fountain in the middle, some grass surrounding (tall grass north and a shorter one south) and Trees around the whole thing. Or you can just check: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...ional_Park.png .

Every round 2 20hp bug pokemon will appear according to the folllowing percentage: 20% for caterpie/weedle to appear; 10% for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras to appear and 5% for Butterfree/Beedrill/Scyther/Pinsir to appear. They won't attack you unless you attack them.

If you manage to defeat any of them, you will receive a prize consisting in a special potion to restore 20/30/40hp from a pokemon of your choice (does not take an action). The amount of hp restored will depend on the pokemon defeated (20 for caterpie/weedle, 30 for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras and 40 for Scyther/Pinsir/Butterfree/Beedrill).
I shuckles my hero accept.
items=no
abillitys=one
switch=okay
Anyone willing to ref this?

open challenge
4v4 multi battle
This isn't some pussy "I want to train my Pokemon!" battle. Use your strongest Pokemon.
DQ: 3 days
2 recovery 5 chill

edit: Flora wants DQ to be three days instead of one, so it's changed
One of our players had to remove himself from this, so a spot is open!

Issuing an open challenge!

1v1 singles
3 Day DQ
No Recovers, No Chills (Why, you ask? Why don't you look at the arena to find out!)

The arena is a desert.

Basically, everyone has a Thirst Counter. If the Thirst Counter for a pokemon goes to 10, then that pokemon di-i mean faints. There are 5 cacti in the general vicinity. At anytime you can break a cactus using a move (counts as an action) and drink the water from it, which is the same as using a Chill.

There is a 5% chance of rain at the beginning of a round. If it rains, rain is in effect for that round and the Thirst Counter for all pokemon out drops back to zero.

Surf cannot be used since there isn't any water. Dig uses 5 more energy than usual, since the sand keeps coming down when you dig through it. Pokemon that thrive in the sand have their Thirst Counter drop every even round. They also don't spend as much energy using Dig.
seeking a ref

4 person multi battle, allowed 3 pokemon to each person, one evo allowed
DQ: 4 days
10 recoveries/10 chills
Switch = No switch except under exception; When one pokemon faints, each player switches to a new pokemon.

Stage: Final Fantasy's Glory Field

The location is in a city divided into four parts. The battle takes place in the center of teh city where all four parts are accessable. The four parts represent a different City in four different Final Fantasy games. The part that is to the top left of the field is a representation of old Zanarkand before sin's attack from FFX. The part that is to the top right of the field represents Rabanastre from FFXII. The part that is to the bottem right of the field is a representation of Cocoon from FFXIII. Finaly, the last part that is to the bottem left of the field is a representation of Edge from FFVII.

throught these cities lurk many characters and monsters from each repsective game. if you move throughout the city, you may and probably will end up meeting these characters.

Old Zanarkand:
30% Tidus: Casts Haste on slowest pokemon on the field raising their speed by 50%
30% Sinscale: Deals 5-10 water physical damage to each pokemon on the field
20% Auron: Protect's pokemon with lowest Hp from one attack
10% Sinspawn Ammes: Casts Demi, which does ??? special damage to all pokemon equal to 1/4 of their current health

Rabanastre:
30% Vaan: Casts Slow on the fastest pokemon on the field lowering their speed by 25%
30% Imperial Swordsman: Deals 10-15 rock physical damage to one pokemon
20% Penelo: Casts Cure, Healing the pokemon with the lowest hp for 1/4 it's current hp
10% Belias, the Gigas: Uses Hellfire to deal 15-25 fire special damage to all pokemon

Cocoon:
30% Lightning: Uses Ruin to deal 5-10 psychic special damage to the pokemon with the lowest Sp.Def
30% PSICOM Infiltrator: Deals 5-10 electric physical damage to the pokemon with the lowest Def
20% Sazh: Casts Faith on the pokemon with the highest sp.atk, raising their sp.atk by one * and Bravery on the pokemon with the highest atk, raising their atk by one *
10% Manasvin Warmech: Deals 15-25 steel physical damage to all pokemon

Edge:
30% Cloud: Casts Armor and Shell on all pokemon. All pokemon have effects of Reflect and Light Screen
30% Behemoth: Deals 5-10 dark physical damage to one pokemon
20% Tifa: Casts Heal on all pokemon, curing any status problems they may have
10% Bahamut: Uses Mega Flare to deal 15-25 normal special damage to all pokemon

All:
10% Nothing: No effect

open challenge
4v4 multi battle
This isn't some pussy "I want to train my Pokemon!" battle. Use your strongest Pokemon.
DQ: 3 days
2 recovery 5 chill

edit: Flora wants DQ to be three days instead of one, so it's changed

Accepting this battle. PMing my my mon to Flora.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ill join the multi-battle. I vote for one ability, no items.
Ah sorry, it's full! Maybe next time... or you could create your own!

edit: Venser posted to accept it before you did.

edit: Wait a minute, you're talking about Doran Dragon's multi battle. My bad! I didn't see it! You can join it! Go ahead Leethoof.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right, lets post a new battle. Pokemon training time!
1v1
Singles
DQ: 1 day
No recoveries or chills (or any of that bullshit)
No evolved pokemon, only stage 1.
Arena:

Wimbledon Centre Court. People are watchin from the stands, you can randomly get hit by tennis balls if you annoy the players. Anything else cool that the ref wants to implement is encouraged, so long as it doesn't make me lose :P

Bring it on

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi!!
2v2 Doubles
DQ: 2 days
2 Recovers/5 Chills etc
Arena:

OK, so we've got a pretty bad ass arena with a lava waterfall. It's pretty hot, but it's still cold/the sun is setting/it's cloudy enough to not make it sunny day/boost fire attacks. However, the ocean in the back is dealing with heated water from the lava, so that makes it harder/less practical to use ice attacks with the heat and the density of salt

ionno what pokemon i want to use, i'm leaning towards training baby mons though

image link

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Accepting elDino's match!

Switch = KO
No items
One ability

edit: yeah, right in time too.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Right, lets post a new battle. Pokemon training time!
1v1
Singles
Arena:

Wimbledon Centre Court. People are watchin from the stands, you can randomly get hit by tennis balls if you annoy the players. Anything else cool that the ref wants to implement is encouraged, so long as it doesn't make me lose :P

Bring it on
Accepting elDino's match!

Switch = KO
No items
One ability
Alright, I'll ref this, on the condition that the DQ Time be 2 days. You two, just send me one Pokemon, I don't need three. :)

EDIT: I'm too slow...Ninja'd

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Looking for a:
elDino said:
1v1
Singles
Arena is Final Destination, and items are off. I'm going to be using a Pokemon which hasn't had any counters used on it, so for all intents and purposes it has not battled before. I'd be much obliged if you could use something similar.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a:

Arena is Final Destination, and items are off. I'm going to be using a Pokemon which hasn't had any counters used on it, so for all intents and purposes it has not battled before. I'd be much obliged if you could use something similar.
I'll ref this once you get a challenger. Be sure to PM teams

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a:

ME
No items
One ability
Switch=Fox Only, Final Destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)