Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 singles
DQ: Player 2 Day / Ref 5 Days
Recovers: 2
Chills: 5
Restrictions: Only stage one pokemon (think charmander, rufflet, etc)

Arena: Water Side Plateau

A plateau several hundred feet above a beach. If you fall, you're considered KOed, however it's close enough for water to be summoned for moves like Surf with only a minimal extra energy (+2). The plateau is 15 feet in circumference and is made of solid stone, so no Digging. There's a 20% chance for Rain Dance to start at the beginning of each round.

2v2 singles
DQ: Player 2 Day / Ref 5 Days
Recovers: 2
Chills: 5
Restrictions: Only stage one pokemon (think charmander, rufflet, etc)

Arena: Water Side Plateau

A plateau several hundred feet above a beach. If you fall, you're considered KOed, however it's close enough for water to be summoned for moves like Surf with only a minimal extra energy (+2). The plateau is 15 feet in circumference and is made of solid stone, so no Digging. There's a 20% chance for Rain Dance to start at the beginning of each round.
Accepting

Switch = KO
No items
1 Ability

Need ref.

me and dummy007 still need a ref for our double battle. In addition, I will send out another open challange:
3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ

Arena: Weather test arena! A simple building about the size of a pokemon gym (100x50x50) with solid un-diggable flooring. Earthquake is usable, surf is not. However, the interesting thing is how at the begging of each round ,the weather will randomly change. Equal chances of sun, rain, sand, or hail. The weather will always change (as in not be same for 2 rounds straight). All weather moves and abilities are not allowed.

Open challenge!
1v1 singles
3 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: A golf course!
The Pokemon will be on the fairway, with the water hazard nearby so Surf can be used. Dig isn't allowed, nor are any fire moves that risk scorching the grass (basically any of the damaging ones, Will-O-Wisp is ok for example), but Earthquake can be used.

I'll be bringing a mix of semi and fully evolved Pokemon, so be prepared!

I'll bring this up again, if no one has any interest, I'll scrap this stage.

4 person multi battle, allowed 3 pokemon to each person, one evo allowed
DQ: 4 days
10 recoveries/10 chills
Switch = No switch except under exception; When one pokemon faints, each player switches to a new pokemon.

Stage: Final Fantasy's Glory Field

The location is in a city divided into four parts. The battle takes place in the center of teh city where all four parts are accessable. The four parts represent a different City in four different Final Fantasy games. The part that is to the top left of the field is a representation of old Zanarkand before sin's attack from FFX. The part that is to the top right of the field represents Rabanastre from FFXII. The part that is to the bottem right of the field is a representation of Cocoon from FFXIII. Finaly, the last part that is to the bottem left of the field is a representation of Edge from FFVII.

throught these cities lurk many characters and monsters from each repsective game. if you move throughout the city, you may and probably will end up meeting these characters.

Old Zanarkand:
30% Tidus: Casts Haste on slowest pokemon on the field raising their speed by 50%
30% Sinscale: Deals 5-10 water physical damage to each pokemon on the field
20% Auron: Protect's pokemon with lowest Hp from one attack
10% Sinspawn Ammes: Casts Demi, which does ??? special damage to all pokemon equal to 1/4 of their current health

Rabanastre:
30% Vaan: Casts Slow on the fastest pokemon on the field lowering their speed by 25%
30% Imperial Swordsman: Deals 10-15 rock physical damage to one pokemon
20% Penelo: Casts Cure, Healing the pokemon with the lowest hp for 1/4 it's current hp
10% Belias, the Gigas: Uses Hellfire to deal 15-25 fire special damage to all pokemon

Cocoon:
30% Lightning: Uses Ruin to deal 5-10 psychic special damage to the pokemon with the lowest Sp.Def
30% PSICOM Infiltrator: Deals 5-10 electric physical damage to the pokemon with the lowest Def
20% Sazh: Casts Faith on the pokemon with the highest sp.atk, raising their sp.atk by one * and Bravery on the pokemon with the highest atk, raising their atk by one *
10% Manasvin Warmech: Deals 15-25 steel physical damage to all pokemon

Edge:
30% Cloud: Casts Armor and Shell on all pokemon. All pokemon have effects of Reflect and Light Screen
30% Behemoth: Deals 5-10 dark physical damage to one pokemon
20% Tifa: Casts Heal on all pokemon, curing any status problems they may have
10% Bahamut: Uses Mega Flare to deal 15-25 normal special damage to all pokemon

All:
10% Nothing: No effect

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Open challenge!
1v1 singles
3 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: A golf course!
The Pokemon will be on the fairway, with the water hazard nearby so Surf can be used. Dig isn't allowed, nor are any fire moves that risk scorching the grass (basically any of the damaging ones, Will-O-Wisp is ok for example), but Earthquake can be used.

I'll be bringing a mix of semi and fully evolved Pokemon, so be prepared!
What better way to celebrate my acceptance into this community than to get my @$$ handed to me by a vastly superior player! BD

Though seriously, this will be good for me to get a feel for the whole 'thing' that is ASB. I only have one real choice for this, but he'll benefit from the arena anyway. :B Oh yeah, and before I forget...

Switch = OK (as if it matters)
One Ability
Items Disabled

I'll ref HD and pikapwnd, PM me your teams please. Also shadowbone you'd probably be better off learning the ropes taking another newcomer's challenge or at least waiting till a more experienced players needs to train new Pokemon. But if you really want to take my challenge then I can't really say no.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
I'll ref HD and pikapwnd, PM me your teams please. Also shadowbone you'd probably be better off learning the ropes taking another newcomer's challenge or at least waiting till a more experienced players needs to train new Pokemon. But if you really want to take my challenge then I can't really say no.
Hrm...you have a point, Flame. I just thought my Durant MIGHT be able to give you a decent battle at least...I guess I'll keep the challenge, if for no other reason than to just go through with it, being the stubborn, noobish sort I am.

Oh, you have a Durant? Well, that should be somewhat fair then. I figured you only had unevolved mons lol. Alright, we just need a ref.
EDIT: Terraninja'd, lol

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
p3, i'll battle you with my duskull if you're cool with that

if you aren't i have other baby pokemon :X

all abilities
no items
switch: gk only

It appears I have no battles :O so lets fix that up right now.

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

Arena: Pewter City Gym

Obviously the NPCs are not there. It's inside so there is no weather, and there is also no water unless a poke is able to make their own. There are however an awful lot of rocks to throw and hide behind. Anyone using Earthquake could result in chaos too...

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In addition, I will send out another open challange:
3v3 Doubles
2 Day DQ

Arena: Weather test arena! A simple building about the size of a pokemon gym (100x50x50) with solid un-diggable flooring. Earthquake is usable, surf is not. However, the interesting thing is how at the begging of each round ,the weather will randomly change. Equal chances of sun, rain, sand, or hail. The weather will always change (as in not be same for 2 rounds straight). All weather moves and abilities are not allowed.
So apparently no one accepted yet? Because, I want to try this! Also, I remember battling your Swablu at the Dojo. This should be a fun match! =D

It's already no abilities allowed, which I'm fine with.
no items and no switch

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

Obviously the NPCs are not there. It's inside so there is no weather, and there is also no water unless a poke is able to make their own. There are however an awful lot of rocks to throw and hide behind. Anyone using Earthquake could
result in chaos too...
I Accept this challenge for a rematch. Lol
Abilities=all
Switch=KO
Items=No

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

Obviously the NPCs are not there. It's inside so there is no weather, and there is also no water unless a poke is able to make their own. There are however an awful lot of rocks to throw and hide behind. Anyone using Earthquake could result in chaos too...
I Accept this challenge for a rematch. Lol
Abilities=all
Switch=KO
Items=No
Reffing this. PM teams!

So apparently no one accepted yet? Because, I want to try this! Also, I remember battling your Swablu at the Dojo. This should be a fun match! =D

It's already no abilities allowed, which I'm fine with.
no items and no switch
I'll take up reffing this match for my first go at it.

I'll send you both a PM now asking for teams!

I'm going to ask for two (thats right two!) battles to test out mons:

1v1 Singles
1 day dq, 3 day ref dq
no recovers or chills
arena: grassy field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)