Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Righto, we just need a ref...
And, like Atheno said, I'll wait until he updates his team before PMing...

EDIT: 400th post!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1v1 Singles
DQ: 1 Days
No recovers
Only one mon is sent to the ref, it's more fun that way :)
I'll let the challenger choose the arena in return for the right to go second.
I''ll take you, elDino. Although I should warn you that I will be updating my profile in a few hours, so you may want to wait to send in a team until then.

One Ability
No Items
Switch = Banana
And wait we shall. Don't worry, I'll be staying up for reffing.

What's the arena? Well, Atheno can just PM me it. =D

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Looking for a 6v6 doubles for Pokemon which have not evolved to their highest evolution. DQ is 2 Days. No recovers, 5 Chills.

Arena: Sootopolis city. Basically, a huge bowl, which leads down to a huge pool of water. Open to the elements.

EDIT: @fogdish

Beginner Battle

2vs2 singles
DQ 2 days
no recoveries 5 chills

Arena: Abandon Warehouse

This large 50m x 25m x 15m warehouse placed on top of a pier, used to build airplanes for Mistralton City airport. The old dusty and muddy floors still house some piles of equipment and airplane pieces left behind. There are some support beams near the ceiling to move across and use to attack form above. The walls are old and aren't supported well, meaning that if an attack too powerful hits the walls the entire building will collapse and the battle will end instantly. This is done at the discretion of the referee. On one of the 50m sides there are two large sliding doors that are left open. From here there is a small 5m wide concrete pier and beyond that, the sea. Water attacks are usable, however Dig is not thanks to the hard concrete pier.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beginner Battle

2vs2 singles
DQ 2 days
no recoveries 5 chills

This large 50m x 25m x 15m warehouse placed on top of a pier, used to build airplanes for Mistralton City airport. The old dusty and muddy floors still house some piles of equipment and airplane pieces left behind. There are some support beams near the ceiling to move across and use to attack form above. The walls are old and aren't supported well, meaning that if an attack too powerful hits the walls the entire building will collapse and the battle will end instantly. This is done at the discretion of the referee. On one of the 50m sides there are two large sliding doors that are left open. From here there is a small 5m wide concrete pier and beyond that, the sea. Water attacks are usable, however Dig is not thanks to the hard concrete pier.
I'll take this one.

Switch =KO
No Items
All Abilities.

2vs2 Doubles.
2/5, 2 Day DQ.
Only basic mons which can evolve.

Arena: A standard arena, you know, those next to any standard pokecenter... Only it's a bit loaded. Every mon has a 1/6 chance of taking a random-typed 10 BP attack by the end of the round (this is, of course, before accounting stat changes and weaknesses/resistances). Ref should do something like assign each type a number and rand.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Hm...I challenge the world. Well, anyone in general.

2v2 singles
DQ 2 Days (both battlers and ref)
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
No fully evolved 3-stage pokemon

Battlefield: Pictochat
Yup, we are inside the ref's own DS. As he commentates, he will draw a rough sketch at the beginning of every round, which will have any sort of effect on the battle. Bear in mind there is, at all times, a large platform at the bottom. I encourage the Ref to go absolutely insane with this. Unoriginal Brawl ripoffs ftw =P soya.

2v2 singles
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries

Yup, we are inside the ref's own DS. As he commentates, he will draw a rough sketch at the beginning of every round, which will have any sort of effect on the battle. I encourage the Ref to go absolutely insane with this. Unoriginal Brawl ripoffs ftw =P soya.
Accepting
Switch = KO
One Ability
No Items

We need a ref!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'll be reffing Blue Tornado and Kaxtar. PM me your teams and I will get the thread up today.

3v3 Doubles
3 day DQ
3 recovers 5 chills
Please basics only =D

The arena will be Nature Valley, (mad props to Glacier Knight for this design)

Nature Valley: A fairly large valley nestled west of Mistralton City, this secluded area has been unperturbed by human activity for hundreds of years. The valley has slopes at an incline of 70 degrees all around, with a thick moss coating it, giving pokemon who are climbing down the treacherous slope some traction. Other than the slopes and an open field in the southern section, the whole valley (and around the valley) is full of many big, stable trees (Oaks, Maples, etc.) that will allow any agile pokemon to have the upper hand in a battle staged here. The sun is shining but there are many clouds in the sky, blocking the sun every so often. Because the valley is covered in vegetation little dirt or sand is exposed, making sandstorms unable to happen, although heavy rain and hailstorms can be summoned. The ground is soft enough so that pokemon can dig, and in the northern section of the valley there is a small pond (five feet deep, twenty-five feet wide, twenty feet long). Summary: no sandstorm, rain hail and sunny day can be summoned, digging is allowed, huge area with cramped quarters (besides the field in the south), huge trees able to hold large weights, water accessible.​

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
3v3 Doubles
3 day DQ
3 recovers 5 chills
Please basics only =D

The arena will be Nature Valley, (mad props to Glacier Knight for this design)

Nature Valley: A fairly large valley nestled west of Mistralton City, this secluded area has been unperturbed by human activity for hundreds of years. The valley has slopes at an incline of 70 degrees all around, with a thick moss coating it, giving pokemon who are climbing down the treacherous slope some traction. Other than the slopes and an open field in the southern section, the whole valley (and around the valley) is full of many big, stable trees (Oaks, Maples, etc.) that will allow any agile pokemon to have the upper hand in a battle staged here. The sun is shining but there are many clouds in the sky, blocking the sun every so often. Because the valley is covered in vegetation little dirt or sand is exposed, making sandstorms unable to happen, although heavy rain and hailstorms can be summoned. The ground is soft enough so that pokemon can dig, and in the northern section of the valley there is a small pond (five feet deep, twenty-five feet wide, twenty feet long). Summary: no sandstorm, rain hail and sunny day can be summoned, digging is allowed, huge area with cramped quarters (besides the field in the south), huge trees able to hold large weights, water accessible.​
Sure, I'll try this out.

Switch = KO
No Items
1 Ability

Let's try this out!

3v3 triples (hey, this is just training)
3 days DQ, 5 days ref DQ
2 recovers per mon, 5 chills per mon
Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon may be used at the start of the round. You may evolve one to its final stage during the battle.
Arena:

Reconstructed Ko-Koro (ignore the fact the one hut covers the guideline and the massive creative liberties taken to the Bionicle location. I don't have any of the Bionicle games set in Mata Nui, and BionicleSector01 was not very helpful in terms of pictures. The site I would normally go to in order to ask about this is transferring to more efficient forum software and isn't available right now. Credit to the Lego group for the original location.)

A gigantic hollow enclave of ice, used as a village by an unknown tribe of small icy mechanoids. The arena is massive; the ordinary huts alone are 8-10 feet in diameter, and the arena overall is about 150 feet in diameter and about 120 feet in height. The triangular pillars are about 40 feet from their tips to the wall, are about 60 feet high, and extend on the wall for an arc of 40 feet. Pokemon that can climb using sharp hooks (or Rock Climb) can climb up the pillars, but they are otherwise too slippery to climb. The stairs leading to the pinnacle are 60 feet high and 110 feet long, reinforced with wood and metal chips; they were used for guards climbing to scout for dangerous monsters and have 60/4/5 defenses. The bridges are ten feet wide, about 15 feet from the wall, 4 feet high, and are reinforced with wood and metal chips; they have 45 HP and 3/4 defenses. The bridges and stairs alike are designed to provide more traction than usual. The lookout platform is 10 feet in diameter and coated in freeze-resistant, traction-granting resin. Falling from the pinnacle out of the arena is considered to be a Ring Out (treated as a KO.) Spiral staircases, about 8 feet in radius (not drawn to scale!) located within two of the spires allow players to climb to higher up the arena-if they can fit in it, of course. Fall damage from any significant height can be calculated as the ref desires.

A key is shown here: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaNeya/kits/CAP-9/OtherMons/CAP-ASB/arenakey.png

The cold environment and natural snow reserves make it easy for Hail to be whipped up. Snow Warning and Hail cost 2 less energy to execute. Ice-type attacks in general cost less to execute here thanks to both extreme cold and resident elemental energy, requiring 1 less energy than usual. On the contrary, the lack of natural gravel makes Sandstorms that much harder to summon, making Sandstorm and Sand Stream cost 2 extra energy. The trees can be used as plant matter for attacks. Stones are set beneath the deep snow; Rock Slide can be used from the bottom of the arena. Rain/Drizzle cost 1 extra energy to prevent the cold from freezing it over, and the Sun is so far in the sky that it only boosts Fire attacks by 1 point. (Solarbeam still doesn't require a charge-up in sunlight, although its base damage is reduced to 9 in sunlight.) Fire attacks require a little more power to summon; outside of Sunny Day conditions Fire attacks require 1 more energy than usual.

The huts might contain items; including rocks for attacking with (70%) and disks (50% chance, the probability is independent), which can be thrown as a Normal-typed ranged physical attack that deals 6 base damage and has 90% accuracy. The 20 foot radius giant hut, once used for their leader, contains a large stockpile of such disks.

Finally...yes, the snow can be used as a water source. It costs 2 more energy for types other than Fire (by heating up the ice) and Ice (by virtue of control), but it can be used as a water source nonetheless.

Also,

1v1 singles (both mons must be about to evolve!)
2 days DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: The cavern of Maxwell's Demon

This cave is home to a mysterious combination. The left half of the arena is an icy frost, the edge being blocked by a shield of liquified air and fog, the right half is hot with a pool of lava marking the edge of the field.

A strange invincible guardian sits in the center, regulating this state. Ice-type attacks have decreased effect (minus 2 base damage) on the right side of the arena, as the guardian will readily work to filter the cold atoms back instantaneously, fire-type attacks and Scald have a decreased effect (minus 2 base damage) on the left side, as the warm atoms move their way back to the right side. Water-type moves (other than Scald which is treated for our purposes as Fire-type) are decreased in the same manner if they are used against the opposite side, for water will tend to retain the heat of whatever side it is used on.

If you're knocked in or voluntarily choose to go in one of the two temperature extremes, you will take damage. The liquified air deals a 15 base damage special Ice-type attack from rank 4 special attack, all resistances except those of Ice-types (who are considered to have a 4x resist) negated, the lava deals a 15 base damage physical Fire-type attack from rank 4 attack, all resistances except those of Fire-types (who are considered to have a 4x resist) negated. Ice-type moves are powered up by 5 base power when used in the liquified air and cost half energy to use, however, and Fire-type moves are powered up in the same manner if used in the lava.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Need a ref for myself vs Cartoons! He ain't got nothin' on me.

3v3 Singles
DQ time: 4 days
2 recovers, 5 chills
No items
One ability
Switch = OK

Arena: United Center Hockey Rink

No players, nets, etc. The ground is slippery but not wet. Melting the areans can create a little bit of water, but not much. The walls are sturdy and have been made taller to protect the audience. Obviously weather will not be able to get in, but the air is cold.

If Toons would like to change a rule or few, that's alright!
Nah, I'm good. Who's reffing this?
I'll ref this. PM your teams!

Beginner Battle

2vs2 singles
DQ 2 days
no recoveries 5 chills

I'll take this one.

Switch =KO
No Items
All Abilities.
This too. PM me your teams!

2v2 singles
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries

Yup, we are inside the ref's own DS. As he commentates, he will draw a rough sketch at the beginning of every round, which will have any sort of effect on the battle. Bear in mind there is, at all times, a large platform at the bottom. I encourage the Ref to go absolutely insane with this. Unoriginal Brawl ripoffs ftw =P soya.
I'll ref this, but bear with me, as I've never refed before. PM me your teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)