Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeking 1v1
2 day DQ
you can choose the arena if I send out second
done

All Abilities
No Items

The Lake of Rage, in Johto. There are no real restrictions on moves, but there will be rain on every day except Wednesdays (determined by what day the ref refs) unless the players choose something different, and there are Gyarados in the lake. If the players disturb the Red Gyarados in the middle he will use Dragon Rage against everyone. It is also surrounded by trees, which Pokemon can hide in or use for whatever they want. You could even set them on fire.
cherry on top?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
seeking 1v1
2 day DQ
you can choose the arena if I send out second
done

All Abilities
No Items

The Lake of Rage, in Johto. There are no real restrictions on moves, but there will be rain on every day except Wednesdays (determined by what day the ref refs) unless the players choose something different, and there are Gyarados in the lake. If the players disturb the Red Gyarados in the middle he will use Dragon Rage against everyone. It is also surrounded by trees, which Pokemon can hide in or use for whatever they want. You could even set them on fire.
cherry on top?
Reffing plox.

I am also issuing an Open Challenge

4vs4 Doubles
DQ: 3 Days
2 Recovery Moves/5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Muckraker Swamp

This old bayou is the home of the lowest scum on earth: paparazzi and attack journalists. Don't be surprised if the next candidate for the Edward R. Murrow Award shows up with his flash camera. Deep in this scummy pond, the Kingfisher scuttles about doing his dirty deeds and everyone follows. But enough about the history, Muckraker Swamp is used for a reason: it has the ideal topography for finding sleaze.

The bayou is about 2 feet deep in swampy muck. The muddy material is interspersed with trees whose roots delve below the floor. Their leaves provide a kind of canopy for the arena, but the actual spacing between each tree is fairly large, about 15 feet each at the bases. Although the arena is moist, the ground underneath the muck is solid enough for seismic attacks to work. The muck disgusts Pokemon that aren't used to it, and will inflict Toxic Poisoning on any Pokemon that doesn't learn Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Mud Bomb, or Muddy Water in its Level-Up movepool. The only other alternative is flying or floating above it, or otherwise being immune to Poison. Be careful though, as if the Pokemon is knocked in the swamp, it will be inflicted with Toxic.

4vs4 Doubles

This old bayou is the home of the lowest scum on earth: paparazzi and attack journalists. Don't be surprised if the next candidate for the Edward R. Murrow Award shows up with his flash camera. Deep in this scummy pond, the Kingfisher scuttles about doing his dirty deeds and everyone follows. But enough about the history, Muckraker Swamp is used for a reason: it has the ideal topography for finding sleaze.

The bayou is about 2 feet deep in swampy muck. The muddy material is interspersed with trees whose roots delve below the floor. Their leaves provide a kind of canopy for the arena, but the actual spacing between each tree is fairly large, about 15 feet each at the bases. Although the arena is moist, the ground underneath the muck is solid enough for seismic attacks to work. The muck disgusts Pokemon that aren't used to it, and will inflict Toxic Poisoning on any Pokemon that doesn't learn Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Mud Bomb, or Muddy Water in its Level-Up movepool. The only other alternative is flying or floating above it, or otherwise being immune to Poison. Be careful though, as if the Pokemon is knocked in the swamp, it will be inflicted with Toxic.
I'll accept this.

Switch = KO
No items
One ability (to be announced the first time the Pokemon enters battle)

Begginer Challenge
-this is my first ever battle, so I want a chance of winning! xD
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days

Arena: Volcanic Plains
The Volcanic Plains, adjacent to 2 small Volcanoes, are a very hot environment. It is almost always sunny, but the soil is extremely rich and soft, making Grass types have an unexpected advantage, and Ground-based moves much weaker.

The sheer cliffs of the Volcanoes are full of boulders and dislodged rocks, making rock-type attacks much easier to use (hint hint) but if you dislodge the wrong rock, you could cause a small Eruption

90% chance of Sun
Bonuses: Grass types and Rock moves (Fire moves via sun)
Disadvantages: Ground moves (water moves via sun)
30% Chance of Eruption damaging random pokemon if a rock-type move is used (may attack 1, 2, 3 or all pokemon for varying damage)

did I get everything right?

Begginer Challenge
-this is my first ever battle, so I want a chance of winning! xD
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days

Arena: Volcanic Plains
The Volcanic Plains, adjacent to 2 small Volcanoes, are a very hot environment. It is almost always sunny, but the soil is extremely rich and soft, making Grass types have an unexpected advantage, and Ground-based moves much weaker.

The sheer cliffs of the Volcanoes are full of boulders and dislodged rocks, making rock-type attacks much easier to use (hint hint) but if you dislodge the wrong rock, you could cause a small Eruption

90% chance of Sun
Bonuses: Grass types and Rock moves (Fire moves via sun)
Disadvantages: Ground moves (water moves via sun)
30% Chance of Eruption damaging random pokemon if a rock-type move is used (may attack 1, 2, 3 or all pokemon for varying damage)

did I get everything right?
I'll accept this challenge, I've got some brand-spanking new Pokemon I want to use.

Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

All right, time for me to send out a challenge.

Open Challenge
1v1 Singles
0 Recovers/0 Chills
DQ Time: 1 day for battlers, 2 days for ref
Arena: Dragon's Den
Everyone knows what it's like, flavor-wise, so I'll give the practical specs:
- Surf, Rock Slide, ground-based moves are usable
- Weather cannot be used
- At the end of every round, non-Dragons will take a 3 Atk Extremespeed from the Extremespeed Dratini, who does not appreciate foreigners.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

4vs4 Doubles

I'll accept this.

Switch = KO
No items
One ability (to be announced the first time the Pokemon enters battle)
I assume no one has taken up this match to ref? If no one has, then I'll ref, This may help me improve my reffing. You two, send me your squads. If someone already has, then disregard this post.

Looking for a 2v2 singles match, pissweak pokemon are preferred.
1 Day DQ
no recovery or chills
Arena: A grassy field on a cloudy night. Small Pokemon will be harder to spot due to grass and darkness, and it looks like it could rain at any moment.

1vs1 Quadruples (yes i mean singles).
2-Day DQ, 2/5.
ONLY basic mons that can't evolve. Can people actually read this part for a change? Also, send in one pokemon at random, it's no fun otherwise.

Arena can be the host's choosing, get creative if you want, but nothing radical against a certain type of mon.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
6v6 Hexuples
2 Day DQ
Infinite Recovers/Infinite Chills
You may only bring 1 evolved Pokemon(including single stage mons), and Pokemon cannot evolve during the battle.

Arena: Outside of Big Boo's Haunt Mansion.

Requesting Active Battlers and Ref. It would be nice if it was all abilities and no items, j/s.

1vs1 Quadruples (yes i mean singles).
2-Day DQ, 2/5.
ONLY basic mons that can't evolve. Can people actually read this part for a change? Also, send in one pokemon at random, it's no fun otherwise.

Arena can be the host's choosing, get creative if you want, but nothing radical against a certain type of mon.
I accept.

Switch = troll.
NO! ITEMS! EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!
One ability.

I choose a standard tropical island at sunset, meaning Sunny Day is NOT in effect. Rockpools around the beachy area allow for rock and water moves to be used. However, Dig and seismic activity moves are not permitted, due to the fact that... Well, you try using Earthquake on a beach and see where it gets you.

Ref please?

I need some more matches , I've got 2 open spots...

So I'll send out two challenges for 1v1's! And even better, I'm not packing Super Fang!

1v1
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills

Basic pokemon are prefered, but I'll take on anyone.

Arena: I'm too lazy. My challenger(s) may pick the arena, but I send out second.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hello one and all! Today we bring you all a very special battle, for it involves audience participation! That got your attention? Good, I'll explain in more detail.

6 v 6 doubles to make this interesting. And last a while.
2 Day DQ, 1 Week per ref.
Arena: Ahh, the important thing. A circus tent pitched in a field, capable of withstanding a bit of rain and blocking out the sun. Our audience sits in the rafters, ready and waiting. There is a bucket of water for fish, but it's not huge.

Now then, for the audience, it's an entertaining game. In the seats (And if need be, chasing after the battle with everything in pockets) the audience will enjoy throwing things at the battlers.

The items are thrown before the round begins, and each have drect effects. The items are:

- Bomb (5 HP Damage, knocks target back)
- Sugar Coated Sugar (+2 to all stats for the round, goes down to -1 on all at round end)
- Banana Skin (+1 Speed for next action, 3 HP recoil on physical attacks for next action).
- Cream Pie (-1 Accuracy)
- ACME Poison Darts (50% Poison, 2 HP Damage)
- Invisibility Hat (+3 evasion, -2 Speed, Sp.Def & Def)
- Iron Ball (Confusion 30% , Flinch next action 10%)

The audience may come as many times as they like - No need to sign up in the audience. A round may only be reffed if at least 3 items have been thrown, or 72 hours have passed.

This may go well, it may not. Until then, I need a volunteer ref and a challenger!
This is getting ignored. Nobody gonna take this?

I need some more matches , I've got 2 open spots...

So I'll send out two challenges for 1v1's! And even better, I'm not packing Super Fang!

1v1
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills

Basic pokemon are prefered, but I'll take on anyone.

Arena: I'm too lazy. My challenger(s) may pick the arena, but I send out second.
I'll take one of your 1v1s. I'll be using basic mons only.

All abilities
No items
Switch = the square root of minus one

Arena: Strong Badia

A 20ft-by-30ft field with a white picket fence along the edges. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf, Muddy Water and Soak. Dig can be used but who knows what you may find a few feet underneath Strong Badia? (ref can decide what if anything lies underground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)