Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow, how many people need a ref? I might be able to pick up one...

If you're missed from like 1-2 pages before last page, let me know and I'll bug people or something (or try to ref it myself).
(edit: oops I made a new page...)
(edit: lol I overestimated the backlog; there were just a few battles lingering about.)

Imma choose... you!

Open challenge
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
Arena: Basic Forest, all wild pokemon too scared too attack

Only wimpy unevolved pokemon
I'll close my 1v1 challenge and take this one.
PM your Pokemon!

Looking for a 2v2 singles match, pissweak pokemon are preferred.
1 Day DQ
no recovery or chills
Arena: A grassy field on a cloudy night. Small Pokemon will be harder to spot due to grass and darkness, and it looks like it could rain at any moment.
Ok, I withdraw my challenge and accept yours! (above)

Switch=KO
Ability = All
No items
I will ref this so PM up to 3.

Challenging auramaster!

2v2
Singles
2 Day
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Tiny Desert:
Bowser Jr. used a shrink wand to shrink this desert down to a tiny size. It has a sandy floor, and rock pillars scattered around. It's open to the sky. Because the desert is mini, only unevolved Pokemon may be used.
I accept smashlloyd20's challenge.

Switch=KO
All abilities
No items
nvm, I'll keep this one up for another ref.

1vs1 Quadruples (yes i mean singles).
2-Day DQ, 2/5.
ONLY basic mons that can't evolve. Can people actually read this part for a change? Also, send in one pokemon at random, it's no fun otherwise.

Arena can be the host's choosing, get creative if you want, but nothing radical against a certain type of mon.
I accept.

Switch = troll.
NO! ITEMS! EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!
One ability.

I choose a standard tropical island at sunset, meaning Sunny Day is NOT in effect. Rockpools around the beachy area allow for rock and water moves to be used. However, Dig and seismic activity moves are not permitted, due to the fact that... Well, you try using Earthquake on a beach and see where it gets you.

Ref please?
please? edit: I actually didn't mean to take this, but since SoS already PMed me... sure!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello one and all! Today we bring you all a very special battle, for it involves audience participation! That got your attention? Good, I'll explain in more detail.

6 v 6 doubles to make this interesting. And last a while.
2 Day DQ, 1 Week per ref.
Arena: Ahh, the important thing. A circus tent pitched in a field, capable of withstanding a bit of rain and blocking out the sun. Our audience sits in the rafters, ready and waiting. There is a bucket of water for fish, but it's not huge.

Now then, for the audience, it's an entertaining game. In the seats (And if need be, chasing after the battle with everything in pockets) the audience will enjoy throwing things at the battlers.

The items are thrown before the round begins, and each have drect effects. The items are:

- Bomb (5 HP Damage, knocks target back)
- Sugar Coated Sugar (+2 to all stats for the round, goes down to -1 on all at round end)
- Banana Skin (+1 Speed for next action, 3 HP recoil on physical attacks for next action).
- Cream Pie (-1 Accuracy)
- ACME Poison Darts (50% Poison, 2 HP Damage)
- Invisibility Hat (+3 evasion, -2 Speed, Sp.Def & Def)
- Iron Ball (Confusion 30% , Flinch next action 10%)

The audience may come as many times as they like - No need to sign up in the audience. A round may only be reffed if at least 3 items have been thrown, or 72 hours have passed.

This may go well, it may not. Until then, I need a volunteer ref and a challenger!
Poor Dogfish, badly wanting a challenger for this arena...If you're still up for this arena, I'll happily take you on as the challenger!

Switch=OK
Abilities=One
Items=No

Now, who wants to ref this?

Ok, so I'm battle-less and with the weekend coming up I can definitely fit a couple in.

I'll defer the choice of arena to the acceptor for the following very uninteresting challenge:

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 Chills

Poor Dogfish, badly wanting a challenger for this arena...If you're still up for this arena, I'll happily take you on as the challenger!

Switch=OK
Abilities=One
Items=No

Now, who wants to ref this?
I'll do it! Guys, PM me your mons and I'll make the battle thread ASAP!

Ok, so I'm battle-less and with the weekend coming up I can definitely fit a couple in.

I'll defer the choice of arena to the acceptor for the following very uninteresting challenge:

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 Chills
Cool beans. Accepting.

Arena: The Boring Arena
A 50' x 50' x 50' room with white walls, ceiling, and floor. The arena is completely indestructible, but can carry seismic waves. There is no way for Sun, Rain, or Hail to fall because of the roof, but Sandstorms are possible within its walls.

Switch = KO
No items
All abilities

(I would like to train my lesser Pokes with this battle, so if you could use NFEs, I'd appreciate it. Your choice, though.)

2v2 Doubles
3 day DQ
Arena: Forgotten Altar
In the middle of a treeless plain, a lone altar sits. The skies are clear and the grass is unusually dry around the altar. The ground is very dry also and has a high clay content, so digging is difficult. You can see for miles.

Well, Blue Tornado and I still need a ref (we're on page 69)
I know as soon as I post this, every other battler I'm reffing will stop being inactive, but...I'm really bored.

So mk

EDIT: wait nvm flora's got it, fff

I'll ref Albinoloon once he gets someone.

Isn't clay easy to dig in? Since, y'know, the grains and stuff are microscopic?

Eh, whatever.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cool beans. Accepting.

Arena: The Boring Arena
A 50' x 50' x 50' room with white walls, ceiling, and floor. The arena is completely indestructible, but can carry seismic waves. There is no way for Sun, Rain, or Hail to fall because of the roof, but Sandstorms are possible within its walls.

Switch = KO
No items
All abilities

(I would like to train my lesser Pokes with this battle, so if you could use NFEs, I'd appreciate it. Your choice, though.)
Accepting this. PM Teams, please.

ISSUING CHALLENGE
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers / 3 Chills
Arena: Poison Swamp
A generic swamp that is infested with poisonous creatures. All non-Poison type Pokemon have a 10% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of a round.

I'd also like to make this a Little Cup Battle for training up some mons. Nothing evolved, please.

Accepting this. PM Teams, please.

ISSUING CHALLENGE
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers / 3 Chills
A generic swamp that is infested with poisonous creatures. All non-Poison type Pokemon have a 10% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of a round.

I'd also like to make this a Little Cup Battle for training up some mons. Nothing evolved, please.
Accepting this battle.

Switch = KO
1 ability
no items

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 Chills
Accepted!

Switch = KO
1 Ability
NO! ITEMS! EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Jacking the arena from Kaxtar and It'sARandom's just completed battle. Thanks guys!

Evil Circus: It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil puppet master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the puppet master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, Trick Room, Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.

No weather is allowed inside the circus tent, and the ground is dig-able. There are also standard items that you would expect to find in a traveling circus, such as large crates and performing pokemon in cages. I heavily encourage the ref to be creative with the crates and caged pokemon; I want this match to be fun!

That challenge was already accepted mate, but given I have the free battle slots then why not go for another.

The question is which ref wants to step into this crazy arena with us?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Well, there isn't really an arena, as the location constantly changes! Each Round, participants are teleported to one of 10 different arenas by random, through the roll of an RNG. Below is the list & the battle it was used in.

At the end of each round, the referee must state which arena we've been teleported to for the next round. Also, weather only lasts one round as well.

This will give me a nice trip down memory lane...Now, who wants to fight? Preferably an active opponent & an active ref perhaps, but anyone willing to battle on this?

Ok this will be my first battle so if someone wants to teach me how to play it would be great!

2 vs 2 Singles
3 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/5 Chills

I'll let the Acceptee pick the Arena

Pimpganster, since this is your first Battle, and I'm in 2 battles, but they haven't properly started yet, I might as well Accept.

Switch = OK
All Abilities
No Items

gonna make this nice and easy...

let's have the battle at...

Route 1!!1!!! (see what I did thar?)

Oh, the Nostalgia, Route 1 of Kanto... home to many weak pokemon, a lake, and everything a battle needs.
No move Restrictions, No boosts or nerfs.
although wild Pokemon often pop out, they are of such a low level that they dare not enter the battle, and hence stay away.

that sound like a nice even playing field?
this means I'm at my battle limit, could we please get an active ref so we can make this a quick and enjoyable battle? If the ref was an Aussie, it'd make it even easier as we'd all be online simultaneously.

ISSUING CHALLENGE
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers / 3 Chills

Accepting this battle.

Switch = KO
1 ability
no items
Will ref this battle, please go ahead and send me the teams. Good luck to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)