New and Creative Movesets and EVs - Ubers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The same rules apply here as in the other Creative Moveset threads but note that any and all movesets posted in this thread must be for use in the Uber metagame, regardless of the tier of the Pokemon in question. If you wish to post a set for use in any other tier please use the relevant thread in the relevant subforum.

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6. If the set appears to be outclassed by another Pokemon then be sure to explain why your set should be used.

That is all. Discuss away!

Hmmmm...Fireburn is too strict ;_; no one is posting here.

Lugia
Moveset Name: Speed Shuffler
Move 1: Rest
Move 2: Sleep Talk
Move 3: Dragon Tail
Move 4: Whirlwind
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Impish / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def 80 SpD or 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe

Good old Speed shuffling Lugia set from gen 3. Why RestTalk? IT phazes things before they even make a move lol, meaning Forretress and Ferrothorn has no free setup time on Lugia as long as Lugia is asleep and isn't picking Rest when Sleep Talk is used. Dragon Tail does decent damage to Dragon-types and prevents this set from being Taunt bait. Lugia finally gains status immunity with Rest and Pressure makes stalling easier. Lugia's great Speed stat and sheer bulk plays a large role here. It isn't Dragon weak like Giratina and is a lot faster. EV is up to the user. More Defense EVs means Lugia will survive more hits when asleep but fails to outspeed some rarer threats such as Rayquaza. Outspeeding a threat means Lugia phazes them before they move, Impish however, lets Lugia survive 3 hits from Support Groudon's Stone Edge while a +1 Outrage from Rayquaza fails to KO Impish Lugia after Stealth Rock.

Tried this set a lot and it works well :P EDIT: Jibaku likes it too.

Excadrill
Moveset Name: Support Excadrill
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Shadow Claw / Rock Slide
Move 3: Rapid Spin
Move 4: Swords Dance
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature(s): Adamant / Careful
EVs: 172 HP/ 136 Atk / 176 SpD / 24 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Works well as a bulkier Spinner and still threatens many threats such as Steel Arceus. Provides useful Electric immunity to rain teams, resists most hazards and STAB Earthquake smashes Steels who are troublesome to Stall such as Steel Arceus, Dialga and Heatran. Shadow Claw beats Giratina-O while Rock Slide owns Ho-OH. Swords Dance allows Excadrill to beat Dark Arceus and Bulk Up Dialga one-on-one. First EV spread ensures Excadrill survives a Fire Blast from Dialga in neutral weather.

Damage Calculation:

Timid Dialga's Fire Blast vs First Excadrill EV spread 81.2% - 95.5%
Choice Specs Palkia Draco Meteor vs the same Excadrill 52.7% - 62.4% <---- no 2HKO even with SR
Choice Scarf Zekrom Outrage vs Exacdrill 40.8% - 48%

Excadrill has a lot of resistances and walls Giratina-O in the rain. Without the sun, Giratina-O fails to 2HKO Excadrill while Shadow Claw is a 2HKO easily at +2 even when using no Attack EVs. Works best in sand but can function well in rain teams too by checking Zekrom and defeating Giratina-O.

Deoxys-D
Moveset Name:Utility Wall
Move 1: Spikes
Move 2: Recover
Move 3: Magic Coat
Move 4: Taunt / Stealth Rock / Knock Off
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD

Decent overall bulkiness, access to Magic Coat to bounce back Spikes from the likes of faster Taunt users such as Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxys-D, fast Heatran and some abnormally speedy Skarmory. Taunt and Recover ensure it isn't outclassed by Lugia as a wall. Spikes is just so useful to have on Ubers teams. Stealth Rock can be used if nothing else in your team can set it up.

Pretty much an old set with Magic Coat but I didn't see any Deoxys-D analysis in Ubers so I am posting it here. It can also outstall Mixed Dialga and Palkia without rain.

Togekiss
Moveset Name: Kissing Haxer
Move 1: Air Slash
Move 2: Thunder Wave / Body Slam
Move 3: Nasty Plot
Move 4: Roost
Ability:Serene Grace
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD or use more Speed to outrun Groudon

Standard Togekiss but this thing works well in Ubers. Paralysing everything with Thunder Wave or Body Slam then flinch them to death. Beats Ghost Arceus, Grass Arceus, Fighting Arceus, Palkia, and even Giratina-O. The key is to paralyse them so you can outspeed them next turn. Air Slash hits decently hard off a base 125 Special Attack while few Ubers resists Flying with some notable exceptions being Dialga and Steel Arceus. Serene Grace allows you to flinch them 58% of the time with Air Slash and when combined with the fully paralysis rate the opponent will be annoyed a lot.

I tried Togekiss a lot and it worked really well.

Some damage calculations:
LO Mixed Mild Dialga Draco Metoer vs Togekiss = 63.4% - 74.9%
Scarf Dialga does 44.4% - 52.4%
+2 Ghost Arceus Focus Blast vs Togekiss = 35.3% - 41.7%
+2 Fighting Arceus Judgment vs Togekiss = 52.9% - 62.6%

Bisharp
Moveset Name: Fat Ranger
Move 1: Sucker Punch
Move 2: Swords Dance
Move 3: Low Sweep
Move 4: Night Slash / Iron Head
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/ 96 Atk / 160 SpD

Bulky Bisharp can take much more damage than the usual offensive Bisharp. Leftovers allows it to stay alive much longer and stall teams will have a much harder time killing it through passive damage and Life Orb Recoil. It can also fit in stall teams to smash Shaymin-S, Mewtwo, Dark, Steel and Ghost Arceus without Focus Blast. In rain, Flamethrower doesn't come close to 2HKOing this Bisharp while Night Slash + Sucker Punch will kill Arceus. Iron Head smashes Rock and Ice Arceus to bits. Low Sweep is used to lower Speed from everything so that Bisharp can outspeed them later.

Ubers Heatran Lava Plume to Bisharp in neutral weather 70.7% - 84.4%
Scarf Palkia / Dialga / Reshiram Draco Meteor hits Bisharp for 41.6% - 49.1%
+2 Steel Arceus Judgment does 33.5% - 39.5%
Choice Scarf Kyogre Surf does 84.4% - 99.7% ( You won't switch in Bisharp on Kyogre but just to show some calculations)
The same Kyogre's Thunder does 47.3% - 56.3% to this Bisharp

Bisharp's useful resistances and immunity to Toxic / Toxic Spikes allows it to stay alive for quite some time. Resistance to Stealth Rock and Dragon-, Ice-, Ghost-, Dark-, Ghost-type attacks are always useful to have in Ubers.

Moveset Name: OU Reuniclus
Move 1: Psyhock
Move 2: Calm Mind
Move 3: Focus Blast
Move 4: Recover
Item: Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD

Standard OU Reuniclus but it probably won't work in Ubers. That average Defenses by Ubers standards isn't helping it. Magic Guard is cool but many common pokemon seen in Ubers stall makes Reuniclus sad. Lugia(walls you with Pressure since +6 Psyhock doesn't even 2HKO), Ghost Arceus who owns you with Judgment, Kyogre rapes Reuniclus with Special Attacks too powerful for Reuniclus, Ho-Oh rapes you with Sacred Fire, Defensive Mewtwo stalls you out and Zekrom 2HKOes you. Against Offense, Darkrai and Reshiram rapes you. Rayquaza OHKOes you with Draco Meteor or 2 Outrages.

Mewtwo is usually the much better choice with much higher Speed, versatility, POWER, and actually more bulk lol. Mewtwo has base 106 / 90 / 90 <-- Exceptionally bulkier than most sweepers.

Gyarados
Moveset Name: Annoyer
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Dragon Tail
Move 4: Toxic
Ability: Intimidate
Nature(s): Impish
EVs: 248 HP/ 184 Def / 76 Spe

I like Gyarados a lot but Ubers isn't the right place for Gyarados to shine. Mediocre stats just hampers Gyarados so hard, while SR weakness is a large thorn on it's side. Taunt is cool and Intimidate just makes things awesome, but Gyarados isn't Heatran, he lacks the resistances and fails to immediately threaten Ferrothorn or Forretress. Dragon Tail is a nice bonus but Gyarados just cries for a reliable recovery move. Waterfall bashes Ho-OH and walling Fighting Arceus, SD Steel Arceus, Blaziken is something even my brother Fireburn respects. Still works fine but you don't want to use Gyarados on your Ubers teams. Stick to Gliscor or Heatran as your annoyer.

EDIT: Gyarados > Heatran for OU. I still think Gyarados rules, I am posting it here to discourage people from using Ubers Gyarados, so I still have the surprise factor when I use Gyarados in Ubers!

Dragonite
Moveset Name: Jibakunite
Move 1: Dragon Tail
Move 2: Substitute / Fire Blast
Move 3: Thunder Wave
Move 4: Roost
Ability:Mulitscale
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: 248 HP/ 176 SpD / 84Spe

Another cool set in OU but unfortunately not in Ubers. Mulitscale looks awesome but Dragonite finds it hard to abuse it in Ubers when there are so many hard hitters. Weakness to Stealth Rock, Dragon and Ice means Dragonite will not enjoy facing most Ubers. Thunder Wave allows Dragonite to slow down almost everything but Dragonite cannot switch in on things like Palkia, Dialga, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Reshiram and Zekrom. The gen 5 Dragons breaks Multiscale and OHKOes Nite. Dragonite does however beats Mono attacking Kyogre. Some Attack EVs can be used to break Ho-Oh's sub but Dragonite will not enjoy a burn from Sacred Fire anytime of the day. Beating Darkrai is considered awesome I guess.

Porygon2 = Outclassed by Lugia in my opinion, who can phaze, Pressure, Leftovers and roughly equal Defenses. Zekrom still beats up Porygon2 with Bolt Strike although Bold Porygon2 can stall out Scarf Zekrom which is the main advantage it has over Lugia but that isn't enough.

Dusclops = Sucks, you are much better off using Giratina. Fire Punch doesn't even kill Forretress in sun lol. Lack of recovery and leftover is horrible.

Spiritomb. No weaknesses but meish overall defenses. Didn't do well and the lack of recovery outside of Pain Split sucks. It is also weak as fart, Sucker Punch can't even 3HKO Ghost Arceus.

Lileep, Hippopotas, Rhydon = All these 3 didn't do well. Eviolite Lileep owned Kyogre and Reshiram in sand but so can Cradily who isn't great in Ubers anyway. Hippopotas is outclassed by Hippowdon, who did fine actually as a sand streamer. Rhydon lacks recovery and nasty weaknesses kills it. Groudon > Rhydon easily.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Grass pixies! You might be wondering why use these Base 100 pixies when Grass Arceus is better in virtually every way, right? The problem is what happens when you can't fit Grass Arceus onto your team because you already have another Arceus form? Well, these aren't bad substitutes.

Since most people know the lead Celebi set, I'm not going to bother posting it up, but other Celebi sets that work reasonably well:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Grass Knot / Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Tinkerbell actually works reasonably well in Ubers, checking Groudon and other Ground-types really well. Pretty good for an offensive/defensive Grass type if you don't have room for Grass Arceus (like on my Sand team). If you can't really do much the opponent (like Rayquaza), just Thunder Wave it and trollface =P.

Celebi @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain / Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Not exactly creative, I know, but it serves it purpose pretty well. It can't really sweep without removing its checks (which are numerous), but it performs pretty well for a reasonably bulky Pokemon that could potentially set up and sweep. At least it doesn't have that nasty Electric weakness that Manaphy o_0 (Although having five extra weaknesses doesn't help it, lol).

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power Ice / Earth Power

Another "Groudon check". I used this for a while after realising how weak my sand team was to Excadrill. Shaymin is naturally quite bulky, and with Leech Seed, it can piss off the opponent quite a bit. Here's something Grass Arceus can't do =P.

This lead has consistently served me well over the past few months, it's relatively simple but I thought I'd share;

Counter-Coat Lead
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Hasty
48 HP / 208 Att / 252 Spe
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Att / 0 Def / x SpAtt / 0 SpDef / 31 Spe
Counter
Mirror Coat
Taunt/Magic Coat
ExtremeSpeed/Super Power

This set has consistently proven to be a very effective lead in Ubers. Well, as effective as dedicated leads can be these days, since Team Preview has been implemented. General strategy is simple and obvious- force the opponent to attack you and maul them with the appropriate move. It consistently stops opponents setting up whilst simultaneously gaining at least one KO.

EVs and IVs are relatively simple. Speed is maxed out to outspeed as much as physically possible paired with a Hasty nature. 48 HP EVs allows Deoxys to hit a stat of 263, which allows it OHKO everything from Giratina downwards with the correct move. Everything that sits above that threshold can either be finished off with the final attacking move, dealt with entirely by it, or are entirely absent from ubers play;

Blissey
Chansey
Wobuffet
Wailord
Alomomola
Snorlax
Slaking
Drifblim

The remaining EVs are invested into Attack to maximise the power of the final move. While hardly necessary, Hasty and minimised defensive IVs provide a guarantee that if you are hit by pretty much anything, it will kill you (As a quick indicator, even a 0 Att EV Forretress can 3HKO Deoxys with the base 20 Rapid Spin).

The first two moveslot choices are, once again, quite obvious. Counter destroys physcial attackers, Mirror Coat nails special ones. The first choice comes between Taunt and Magic Coat. While Magic Coat has the benefit of allowing you to abuse opposing lead's entry hazards, it does nothing to hamper setup attackers and never actually forces your opponent to attack you, giving way to prediction. Taunt consistently gets you attacked, but without the reflective benefits of the former. The final choice boils down to Extremespeed or Superpower. Extremespeed nails opposing Focus Sash leads and anti-leads before they can use their own priority, while Superpower dispatches Pokemon that CounterCoat cannot overcome, most notably the Pink Fat Blobs who sit about the KO threshold and Darkrai. It also makes a more consistent way of dealing with Dialga, who often runs multiple sets on both sides of the attacking spectrum.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Celebi @ Leftovers / Life Orb
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain / Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Not exactly creative, I know, but it serves it purpose pretty well. It can't really sweep without removing its checks (which are numerous), but it performs pretty well for a reasonably bulky Pokemon that could potentially set up and sweep. At least it doesn't have that nasty Electric weakness that Manaphy o_0 (Although having five extra weaknesses doesn't help it, lol).

Maybe try Baton Pass? I could see Dialga and Arceus making decent recipients.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power Ice / Earth Power

Another "Groudon check". I used this for a while after realising how weak my sand team was to Excadrill. Shaymin is naturally quite bulky, and with Leech Seed, it can piss off the opponent quite a bit. Here's something Grass Arceus can't do =P.

Aside from checking Excadrill (I don't really know what your team is though...), Shaymin-S does the whole SubSeeding thing much better. :/
@NTT That lead Deoxys is pretty interesting, I might give it a whirl sometime.

Well, when I ran a Groudon on my team, I ran a very unusual set. ( It was removed because I get my team had a hole that needed to be repaired... But Groudon was blocking it.) and I don't really play ubers anymore, lack of people.

Groudon @Leftovers
Ability Drought
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (this may be wrong, it's +Spd-SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

This set has raised many eyes in the ubers metagame. Stealth Rock was stuck on because there was nothing else to stick it on. Then, Groudon SWEEPS. This guy is often fodder for Spikers like Skarmory, so I'd SD when Skarmory switches in, then Fire Punch. These moves provide good (eh) coverage, although Balloon Heatran owns it, and Ho ohs don't take that much damage... However this offensive set works well against many threats and is very surprising.

With the celebi, a lead set may also be effective (works well with priority):

Celebi@Lum Berry
252HP/252SpD/4SAtk
Sassy
-SR
-GK
-U-Turn
-T-Wave

You can cripple other leads, set up or U-turn out.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ive used this set in success with a trick room team.
Zekrom
Moveset Name: Zek's Room
Move 1: Bolt Strike
Move 2: Dragon Claw
Move 3: Focus Blast
Move 4: Draco Meteor
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Nature(s): Brave, Quiet
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Sp. Atk

If Zekrom can get in during trick room it will get the ability to be able go on a non stop sweep until trick room ends. It gains the ability to ohko to 2hko everthing in the game when inside trick room with or without weather support. Even the bulkiest Sassy 252 hp/252 sp def, ferrothorns are 2hkoed by focus blast. Defensive variants of Giratina are ohkoed by draco meteor while specially defensive variants are ohkoed by dragon claw. Lugia with 252 hp and 252 defensive is unable to set up a reflect and will always be ohkoed by bolt strike and unable to switch in safely on Zekrom. Even bold 252 def/ 252 sp. def/4 hp chansey is 2hkoed by brave bolt strikes from Zekrom.

However, after TR ended during your sweep, my Chomp OHKOed you with EQ. The main problem is that, after TR is done, you're screwed. Just some critique :D

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Every trick room team faces that problem(being forced to give 1-2 free turns for a 4-5 turn domination)... But in Trick room zekrom is probably the best thing that can abuse it's stab and can 2hko everything, besides garchomp (cress walls it and can trick room(cress is common in the uncommon trick room))) or any other threat that comes in at the end of trick room does have to face more trick room. Besides if zekrom were to be foddered it would've at least gotten 1-3 solid kills.

Oh thanks for making this thread! :)

I am currently working on exploring all viable Arceus sets.

Here's a few that I've found have some potential to be a real pest to the opponent.

Defensive Calm Mind-Water

Set #1

@

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Calm Mind
~Judgment / Brine
~Recover
~Will-O-Wisp / Reflect

The Idea of this set is Suicune on steroids. Arceus is one of the few water types that can beat Ferrothorn easily. A Power Whip from a burned Ferrothorn does around 25% so you can easily set up, and eventually beat if it doesn't crit you. This set has some problems with Thunder users, but a lot of the time Arceus so bulky that it it prevails.

The Grass Wall

Set #2

@

Arceus @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
~Cosmic Power
~Recover / Rest
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Seed

This Arceus set requires Rain support for it to be effective. Grass STAB may be one of the worst offensive types in the game, however once get Rain on the field there aren't a lot of pokemon that can stop it from setting up. Groudon won't be switching in, so its likely that the weather won't change. Ho-oh, Reshiram, and Rayquaza are some of the the best counters. The latter is probably the most dangerous counter since it can set up a SD or DD, and attempt to break through Arceus defenses. A Special Attacking version with Calm Mind/Iron Defense/Rest or Recover/Judgment or Giga Drain is also viable. Putting Sleep Talk over Swords dance is also an option.

Special Wall-Steel

Set #3

@

Arceus @ Iron Plate
EVs:
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef or 252 HP / 144 SDef / 112 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk) or Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
~Judgment
~Recover
~Light Screen
~Roar / Toxic

This set takes a role of a Special Wall. It is the best Dragon Switch in the entire game. It takes Draco Meteors like nothing. It isnt outclassed by Chansey/Blissey or Jirachi because because it deal a decent amount of damage with Judgement, but its biggest advantage is that it can phaze any boosts that the opponent has acquired. The speed Evs on the second spread are too outspeed the base 110s, but you just max it out if you wanted to at least speed tie with other Arceus.

Swords Dance with a Twist

Set #4

@
or

Arceus @ Ring Tarket / Watmel Berry
EVs:
132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe or 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
~Swords Dance
~ExtremeSpeed
~Earthquake / Shadow Force
~Trick / Natural Gift

This set is a variant of the Standard SD Arceus set. If you choose Earthquake over Shadow Force then you want Trick in the the last slot. This set utilizes Trick+Iron Ball so it cripples many of it's counters such as Skarmory, and Lugia. Iron Ball doesn't cripple Arceus that badly since your main move is Extremespeed. Giratina-O is immune to the whole set , if you don't have a ghost move. The other variant utilizes Watmel Berry+Natural Gift, in sunshine is very helpful. It is best to choose Shadow Force if your using Natural gift. To demonstrate its power, a +2 Sun boosted Natural Gift, OHKOes Physical Defensive Skarmory after Stealth Rock. I'd also like to mention that there are other viable items on the Standard SD Arceus set such as Chople Berry, Lum Berry, and Leftovers. Another notable option is Power Herb+Shadow Force, which has a good chance of good chance of OHKOing the standard Lugia without Stealth rock, and Bold Lugia with Stealth rock, but Muliscale is a different story.

Sub Liechi/Salac

Set #5

@
or

Arceus @ Salac Berry / Leichi Berry (other options include Silk Scarf and Leftovers)
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef or 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Last Resort
~Earthquake / Brick Break / Shadow Force / Recover

haha, I really like this set. You switch in on something that can't do much to you, you set up a Sub, and you can just wreck stuff up. many phazers nowadays only carry Dragon Tail so many times they can't negate you stat boosts. A +2 Last resort OHKOes most stuff that doesn't resist it/immune to it, or is very bulky like Lugia or Physically defensive Groudon.

The Snowball Effect

Set #6

@
or

Arceus @ Leftovers / Metronome
EVs:
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef or 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk) or Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~Echoed Voice
~Cosmic Power / Calm Mind
~Substitute
~Recover

May look Gimmicky, but once you get rid of Ghosts, you have a real monster on your hands. The point of the set is to boost your defenses to the point where you can start a Snowball effect with Echoed Voice, I have swept quite a few times with set, it was hilarious. Most people think they will have a easy time setting up on this set, but Echoed Voice can become so powerful that it OHKOes everything except Chansey/Blissey and very sturdy resists like Bulk Up Dialga. If you are choosing Calm Mind you could change the Ev spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef with a Bold Nature, so it will be very difficult to take down, and will become a very dangerous after enough Echoed Voices.

Perishtrapper

Set #7

@
or
or

Arceus @ Leftovers / Binding Band / Grip Claw
EVs:
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
~Whirlpool
~Recover
~Substitute / Refresh
~Perish Song / Toxic

Say hello to the best perish trapper in the game. It can eliminate many of the counters of most other Arceus such as Lugia, Girtatina, and Chansey/Blissey. Whirlpool got buffed this Generation and now last 4-5 turns, and has 85% accuracy. Substitute can block you from status and from many phazing attempts. There are very few Pokemon that can break through its defenses, and KO Arceus before the they get Koed themselves.

PseudoQuaza

Set #8

@

Arceus @ Draco Plate
EVs:
132 Atk / 252 SAtk / 124 Spe or 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spe
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def) / Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef) or Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Recover
~Outrage / Spacial Rend

Look familiar? This Arceus is meant to function like a mixed Rayquaza, however, its significantly less powerful, but its still packs a punch. Arceus does have many perks over Rayquaza though, such as instant recovery, not Stealth Rock, has a Thunder resistance, no X4 weakness. I find that Arceus actually causes more damage than Rayquaza over the whole battle since it can easily come in again and again and Spam Draco meteor. The other option for this set it to focus on being completely Specially oriented and then Arceus can function like a slightly faster Palkia, that has recover.

Mixed Roceus

Set #9

@

Arceus @ Stone Plate
EVs:
80 Atk / 252 SAtk/ 176 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def) / Naive Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
~Work Up
~Stone Edge
~Fire Blast / Earthquake
~Grass Knot

Woah, this thing is monstrous. It After a boost, Rock Arceus poses a massive threat. Stone Edge OHKOes Lugia with Stealth Rock, and Grass Knot rape Kyogre and Groudon (a +1 Grass knot has a decent chance to OHKO offensive Kyogre with Stealth Rock) Fire Blast lets it OHKO most Steel types in Neutral weather, except a few such as Dialga. It outspeeds nearly everything Non-scarfed pokes except a few such as Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Deoxys. You could also shift more Evs from SpA to Atk, iN order to address specific Pokemon.

Telekinesis

Set #10

@

Arceus @ Fighting Plate
EVs:
24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~Telekinesis
~Focus Blast
~Blizzard
~Recover / Thunder

I am the only user that I've seen try out telekinesis, but Arceus can abuse it fairly well since it has quite a few low accuracy moves. Telekinesis is equivalent to a 3 turn Mind reader, so that all of your moves will always hit, except OHKO moves. With this you can abuse low accuracy moves such as Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Inferno and Dragon Rush. This Arceus is meant to set up Telekinesis, and cause massive damage with Focus Blast and Blizzard. The last slot should go with Recover since it lets maintain its great bulk.

Offensive Trick Room

Set #11

@

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
IVs: 0 Spe

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
~Trick Room
~Return
~Earthquake / Brick Break
~Dragon Claw / Recover / Swords Dance

Even though, it has it one of the fastest pokemon in existence, Arceus had perform decently with Trick room. If Arceus had like 5 less base speed, it could do perform much better since it would outspeed the neutral no investment base 90s. With a Brave nature and 0 Speed ivs, Arceus sits with 220 speed. Return is pretty powerful, as it will OHKO Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Latios, and Blaziken with Stealth Rock and 2ko most other pokemon that doesn't resist It. Earthquake provides pretty good coverage with Return, but it does miss out on Giratina-O, who you can't touch at all if you don't have Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw ensures that you will 2ko Giratina-O, OHKO Rayquaza after Stealth Rock nearly all the time, and has a chance at OHKOing Hasty Palkia after Stealth rock. Arceus could a Iron Ball, to even outrun the base 40s in Trickroom, it inferior though because it loses out on so many Koes, a better option is lowering Arceus down to Level 97, so it will get down to 213 speed, and it will outspeed the Base 90s in trick room. A Special variant is also a option, but it generally doesn't do as well and is pretty much outclassed by Dialga and Palkia.

Infinite Staller

Set #12

@
or

Arceus @ Red Card / Leppa Berry
EVs:
252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk) or Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~Recycle
~Cosmic Power / Calm Mind
~Recover / Rest
~Judgment

This can extremely irritating for the opponent if they don't have a Toxic or a phazing move, even if they do have toxic you could opt for rest. The object of this set is that you have lots of Entry hazards on the field, and then you can bring it, and starting Boosting up, and then when they try to attack you they get phazed out. You can then use Recycle to get it back again and sometimes you don't even need to attack with the Cosmic Power version since Spikes, and Stealth Rock have already done massive damage to the whole team. Calm mind is also a option, and makes Arceus much more dangerous, and can make Arceus a offensive Threat. With a Leppa berry, Arceus can PP stall infinitely or until your opponent gets a lucky crit. There have been times where I have outstalled a entire team and they all struggled to death.

Choice Scarf

Set #13

@

Arceus @ Choice Scarf
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Atk /4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~Punishment
~Outrage
~Stone Edge
~Trick

A pretty fairly underrated set, but its the best Arceus can do with a Choice Scarf. The main advantages it has over the other scarfers, is Punishment, Trick and greater bulk. Punishment lets Arcues get the upper hand on your opponent's boosting pokemon such as Calm mind Mewtwo, Ghost Arceus and Giratina-o. Outrage is mainly for Palkia, Garchomp, Reshiram and Latios, most of whom are OHKOed with Stealth rock. Stone Edge lets it get the jump on Lugia, Shaymin-S and Ho-oh. Trick can cripple many of its normal switch ins like Skarmory, Lugia, and the normal version of Giratina. There are no normal moves on this set because Choice band Arceus is better at that.

Choice Specs

Set #14

@

Arceus @ Choice Specs
EVs:
24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spe or 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk) or Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
~Judgment
~Thunder
~Dark Pulse / Ice Beam
~Trick / Focus Blast / Overheat

Again, I am the only person that I am aware that has used this set. Judgment is pretty powerful, OHKOing many of the frailer pokemon, and 2koing most pokemon that doesn't resist, even 252 HP Kyogre is a guaranteed 2ko with Stealth rock. Thunder Takes care of Skarmory, Lugia, and the other flying types, while Draco Metoer, eliminates OHKOes all Dragon types, except Giratina, Dialga, and Soul Dew Latias. The last slot can be used for trick, so that you can cripple which ever wall comes in to sponge your attacks. Focus Blast can be used for Dialga.

Recover+3 attacks

Set #15

@

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs:
24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~Judgment
~Focus Blast
~Spacial Rend / Dark Pulse / Calm Mind
~Recover

This set is surprisingly effective. It isn't necessarily outclassed by a different Arceus form, because of Life Orb. Even, with barely an investment, Arceus is really bulky, and the lack of common weaknesses really help it significantly. Judgment is the powerful STAB, that does massive damage with if you choose to use Calm mind. Just be sure to eliminate all ghost types, since they will wall it without Spacial rend or Dark pulse. Focus Blast lets it nail almost everything that resists Judgment for horrendous damage. Spacial Rend is for the Dragon types, most notably Giratina-O. Dark Pulse is also a option and it lets do a lot of damage to the Ghost, and Psychic pokemon that are common in Ubers.

Annoyer

Set #16

@
or

Arceus @ Leftovers or Razor Fang
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Adamant / Impish
~Thunder Wave
~Rock Climb
~Substitute / Waterfall / Iron Head
~Recover / Swagger

This set allows Arceus to try prevent the opponenet from attacking. Thunder Wave will allow Arceus to spread status around, and it has a handy 25% chance of being fully paralyzed. Rock Climb is the STAB move, and its more powerful than Extremespeed, the real reason, why Rock climb is over because 20% it confuses the opponent. For the 3rd slot, you can choose Substitute to being even more annoying or choose Iron Head and try to flinch your opponent. Recover makes it way more difficult to kill, and keep coming in again and again to weaken your opponent's team. Swagger is also an option, and if you choose the defensive spread, even when the opponent is at +2, unless its SE, it probably won't OHKO. Providing Waterfall does in fact flinch in 5th gen games,then it is also a good option on the 3rd slot.

Resttalk

Set #17

@

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs:
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef or 252 HP / 96 Def /160 SDef
Nature: Impish / Bold
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Roar / Swords Dance / Calm Mind
~
Return / Judgment

This plays identically to Resttalk Gyarados, but with much greater overall bulk. You switch it in something that can't do much to you or on a Physical attacker and then just start attacking, or roar it away its boosts. For the 3rd slot, roar is the best option, for SD and CM, can make Arceus very difficult to stop if it has enough boosts. Return or Judgment is the preferred STAB Move, since they provide consistent damage on Non-ghosts.

Dual Screens

Set #18

@

Arceus @ Light Clay
EVs:
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Recover
~
Return

This Dual screener is better suited for aiding bulkier attackers set up such as SD Groudon, CM Giratina-o, Kyogre, and CS Zekrom. This set has allowed me to set up screens again and again, with relative ease, except against the most powerful attacks such as a Specs Kyogre, Specs Reshiram, and Specs Palkia. The main reason to use this over other dual screeners, is that it has recover, has only one weakness, and is extremely bulky even outside screens. Cresselia gives this set the most competition, but Arceus still has some advantages. Stealth Rock could go in the last slot, but it would make you very susceptible to Taunt.

Mixed LO Attacker

Set #19

@

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs:
252 Atk / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Nature: Naughty / Lonely
~ExtremeSpeed / Return
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Focus Blast
~
Grass Knot / Thunder

An all-out attacker set, that wrecks a lot of pokemon in Ubers. The only pokemon safe are Giratina, Giratina-O and Lugia. Nearly all other Pokemon in Ubers, 2KOed. ES is a great move and it can act as a revenge killer, or a late game sweeper. Earthquake is for most of the Steel types around, such as Dialga, Heatran, Zekrom, and Rehshiram. For the 3rd slot, Fire Blast is for Skarmory/Bronzong, Ice beam for Giratina, Focus Blast for Dialga, Normal Arceus, and Steel types with Air Balloons. Grass knot can be used to do massive damage to Groudon, and 2ko all Kyogre, and Thunder can be used for Lugia, Manaphy and Ho-oh. The speed Evs are to outspeed +Speed Rayquaza, but you could tweak it to your team's needs.

ToxiStall

Set #20

@

Arceus @ Earth Plate
EVs:
252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
~Toxic
~Recover
~Earthquake
~
Fire Blast / Refresh / Magic Coat

A Toxic Stall set, and Ground Arceus is a great pokemon to spread Toxic around, since nearly every pokemon who is immune to Poison is hit for super effective damage. Recover lets it have a lot of longevity, and it is able stall extremely well, but you need to be wary of status If you don't have Refresh or Magic Coat. Earthquake is a great STAB move and scores SE hits on many pokemon. Fire blast is usually the best move for the last shot destroying fortress, Ferrothorn and 2koing most Skarmory. Refresh and Magic Coat will let you avoid status. The Ev spread is to outspeed Garchomp, so you can toxic it before it attacks. Other options for the Evs is that could invest enough speed to beat the base 110s (Lugia), and you could also shift some of those Defense Evs to Attack, or Special Defense.

I have also tested a few more sets such as Double Status, Bulky SD, Charge Beam, Normal Subtoxic, Sub+3 Attacks, Gravity, Chesto Rest, SD Ice (Avalanche+Earthquake), Normal Attacking lead, Baton Pass receiver, Lure, Tailwind, Thunderwave+SD, Mixed SD and Defensive Trick Room. Most of them worked out pretty well, but I don't want to make this post any longer than it is now.

This is just the beginning, I plan to experiment with Arceus extensively this Generation. :pimp:

The problem with last set is sometiem your rather go ballsy and spam them anyway.

Otehrwise good job

Mixrockceus is really cool, I might try that out sometime.

Also Arceus learns Gravity, so why would you use Telekinesis over that ?_?

Also Arceus learns Gravity, so why would you use Telekinesis over that ?_?
Guaranteed hits, whereas Gravity simply decreases evasion. The evasion drop is also shared by opponents, while can potentially aid them given the popularity of Thunder in Ubers. It also opens up additional members of your team to Spikes and Toxic Spikes damage, which may not be preferable.

Yes, but Telekinesis will just cause a switch, forcing a reuse of Telekinesis. This could of course be used to rack up hazard damage, but I'd argue that Gravity is better for that too.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arceus @ Choice Specs
EVs: 24 HP/252 SpA/232 Spe or 80 HP/252 SpA/176 Spe
Nature: Modest/Timid
~Judgment
~Thunder
~Draco Meteor
~Trick/Focus Blast/Overheat
While I find some of the other sets questionable, this one has some really good potential. Common counters to the Extremekiller set include Groudon, Lugia and Giratina, and with some prediction, you can easily lure them out and defeat them to clear the way for something else to sweep. Adjusting this slightly, I believe this might be better:

Arceus @ Choice Specs
- Judgement
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

The idea is to lure in stuff like Groudon, Giratina and Lugia and completely annihilate them with the correct move. Judgement easily 2HKOs physically defensive Groudon, while Shadow Ball 2HKOs Lugia after SR. Fire Blast roasts Steel Arceus, while Trick is still there if you want to cripple other walls. You still lose to Rock Arceus, but Rock Arceus is so pro it doesn't care what you do to it, hehehe.

While I find some of the other sets questionable, this one has some really good potential. Common counters to the Extremekiller set include Groudon, Lugia and Giratina, and with some prediction, you can easily lure them out and defeat them to clear the way for something else to sweep. Adjusting this slightly, I believe this might be better:

Arceus @ Choice Specs
- Judgement
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

The idea is to lure in stuff like Groudon, Giratina and Lugia and completely annihilate them with the correct move. Judgement easily 2HKOs physically defensive Groudon, while Shadow Ball 2HKOs Lugia after SR. Fire Blast roasts Steel Arceus, while Trick is still there if you want to cripple other walls. You still lose to Rock Arceus, but Rock Arceus is so pro it doesn't care what you do to it, hehehe.
I think Ice Beam could go over Shadow Ball to hit Lugia, Giratina-o, and Groudon harder, but you would lose out on Ghost Arceus though. Arceus has so many options it can severely hurt pretty much anything you want it to. I do think Trick should probably be the emphasized move because, that sets it apart from most other choiced pokemon. Modest Focus Blast/Grass Knot has a chance to OHKO Rock Arceus after Stealth rock, and is a guaranteed 2ko in the sand, while Timid will 2ko in sand. I'm starting to think Draco Metoer isnt the best option for Arceus, since their are better pokemon to spam Draco Metoer, and Judgment 2koes pretty much all dragons anyway except Dialga, and the Giratina variants.

Isn't Arceus itself immune to trick despite the fact it learns it? >.>
Due to changes in the 5th gen mechamics, Arceus is now susceptible to trick when it doesn't have a plate, and trick longer fails when Arceus attempts to use it.

Ugh Gen V trick mechanic changes are silly Giratina-A immune Arceus such a headache.
Anywho why use SpecsArceus over SpecsMewtwo? The difference in SpAtk attacks and generally lower defenses on other uber pokes means its STAB hits harder while its coverage moves hit harder and it doesn't need trick to beat Chansey(Also it can take on Rockceus)

Ugh Gen V trick mechanic changes are silly Giratina-A immune Arceus such a headache.
Anywho why use SpecsArceus over SpecsMewtwo? The difference in SpAtk attacks and generally lower defenses on other uber pokes means its STAB hits harder while its coverage moves hit harder and it doesn't need trick to beat Chansey(Also it can take on Rockceus)
It's point is to lure out the extremekiller counters and destroy them. They have different uses.

Well guys, I have something to share which I've been using the entire time in Ubers, and it's actually surprisingly effective. I probably won't be on PO in the coming weeks, so I feel no qualms about sharing it:

SCRAFTY @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
Adamant
252 Atk/132 Def/124 Sp Def
Drain Punch
Payback
Rest
Dragon Tail

Now don't just look at the fact that it's Scrafty. This thing, with teh given EVs, is surprisingly tanky, AND hits hard. With 306 Atk, this thing has been able to nab 2KOs on Dialga, Arceus and Ferrothorn, and OHKOs on other Scrafty/Darkrai with Drain Punch. It can take Focus Blasts from Darkrais, absorb Dark Voids and heal itself. Mewtwo @ Life Orb uses Aura Sphere? Tank it, KO with a Payback. Giratina with Draco meteor? The same.

With the given EV spread, he reaches 271 HP/299 Def/297 Sp Def. And it is surprising what sorts of hits he an take. And with Rest/SS giving instant recovery, it all comes down to the RNG roll in regards to how soon it wakes up.

Dragon Tail is great in that it phazes set up sweepers and helps to rack up hazard damage.

I LOVE THIS GUY, and if you try, it is a pretty awesome pokemon to have on your side. I feel it just doesn't hit hard enough to be on par with the hyper-offense that is the rest of ubers, and so this sort of spread works better.

I don't deny that there ARE pokemon who do this better, but if you're looking for a change, try this guy out for size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)