Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, IceBeam.

Looking at your team, you got both Bulbasaur and a (kinda lame) Charmander. So you know what that means.

Take a Tentacool.

This Tentacool is in denial, and trying to prove that it's a Squirtle. So name it Squirtle to humor it. Now, to prove that it's a Squirtle, it can't learn any move that Squirtle can't. Anything that it learns through levelup must be deleted ASAP and can never be used. If you catch it before level 22 (Water Gun) then he can't attack.

Next, solo Blaine and all trainers in his gym, since any good Squirtle should be able to take down the Fire gym.

Aaand finally, since Squirtle/Wartortle doesn't evolve to Blastoise until level 36, neither can this guy. Whenever he does evolve, change his name to Blastoise, since that'd be his inevitable goal.

Okay, using some divine RNGing, I have selected these pokemon; (be warned, the pics are large)

Cubone

Eevee

Magby

Mankey

Nidoran (Gender unknown)

Dratini

Yes, so what does this mean?

I'm taking a Ruby Scramble.
- Moderately difficult, but keep it sane. Abra that must solo Sidney with Thief to evolve is a hell no.
- I'm taking 2 LG pokemon across as eggs, from the list above. No more, no less.
- Evolution restrictions are forbidden. Restrictions are fine.
- Nicknames are required, and I am reserving the right to reject stupidity.
- No full moveset restrictions. "Must have Substitute" (example) is fine.
- Think colourful.

Anyways, have at me. =]

Right, IceBeam.

Looking at your team, you got both Bulbasaur and a (kinda lame) Charmander. So you know what that means.

Take a Tentacool.

This Tentacool is in denial, and trying to prove that it's a Squirtle. So name it Squirtle to humor it. Now, to prove that it's a Squirtle, it can't learn any move that Squirtle can't. Anything that it learns through levelup must be deleted ASAP and can never be used. If you catch it before level 22 (Water Gun) then he can't attack.

Next, solo Blaine and all trainers in his gym, since any good Squirtle should be able to take down the Fire gym.

Aaand finally, since Squirtle/Wartortle doesn't evolve to Blastoise until level 36, neither can this guy. Whenever he does evolve, change his name to Blastoise, since that'd be his inevitable goal.
Seeing as jirachinaught has yet to reply to my clarification, I'm taking this.

FINAL TEAM:
Rattata(No nickname, but I'm just gonna call it TopPercent): Solo Brock, solo 1 Pokemon each from Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance.
Nidoran(M)(No NN): Solo Surge and his Raichu, learn/keep Blizzard to evolve
Bulbasaur(RootOfEvil): Solo 10 for Ivysaur, solo 40 for Venusaur
Charmander(No NN): Solo Erika
Mankey(Anger): Beat 20 mons while confused to evolve. Cannot use status moves.
Tentacool(Squirtle): Cannot use anything that Squirtle can't learn legally. Evolve at LV 36, must change nickname to Blastoise ASAP. Allowed moves are: Water Gun, Hydro Pump, Toxic, Take Down, Double Edge, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Rage, Mimic, Reflect, Double Team, Bide, Skull Bash, Rest, Substitute, Surf(without TMs, this guy is limited to only Water Gun and Hydro Pump. Go figure.

Also...

Viridian City Gym Guy said:
Blow me away! Swords Dance was a TM in Generation I?
(Yeah, I know it's not the exact one, but honestly, this was just lolwut)
POSSIBLE TEAM?
Doduo: Waiting for jirachi to confirm, but in the meantime, the rules are: must know Rage and solo all Pidgeys, Pidgeottos, Pidgeots, Spearows and Fearows.

@SimonSays: Dratini (CrazyUncle): Being your crazy uncle who's pissed at everything, must keep Dragon Rage or Outrage. In fact, he's too crazy to know any STAB moves, so he can't learn any Dragon/Flying moves(except for aforementioned Dragon Rage/Outrage). Whenever he gets to yellow HP, he becomes so pissed that he gives the enemy a good healthy dose of rage through Dragon Rage or Outrage.

OK, SimonSays! Here goes! My first Scramble setter! Sorry if they suck...! I'll give you some hard and some medium. :s

Take Cubone. Call it LoneBones (?) It is incredibly lonely and anguished, and cries often. As a result, it has a frosty attitude, and a Lonely Nature (forget Nature if you CBS). It must, by the E4, know Blizzard, Ice Beam, Rage, and Bonemerang. It may evolve when it has reached the regular level, but must always solo every Dark type wild Pokemon encountered as a result of its rage. (Complicated?)

Take Dratini and call it Layers. It must have Shed Skin and any inflicted status conditions must be healed by Shed Skin, not a PokeCenter (it cannot restore status conditions w/o Shed SKin unless it faints). It may not learn Safeguard. It must use Thunder Wave once in every battle it participates in. May eveolve after Gym 7.

Take Dratini and call it Layers. It must have Shed Skin and any inflicted status conditions must be healed by Shed Skin, not a PokeCenter (it cannot restore status conditions w/o Shed SKin unless it faints). It may not learn Safeguard. It must use Thunder Wave once in every battle it participates in. May eveolve after Gym 7.
Cool story, but I already gave him Dratini. AKA, you were ninja'd.

@TM13 - Accepted. 'Tini is going to really screw over everything before... 3rd gym.

@LevitatingLamprey; Too restrictive. I don't like having to have a forced moveset, and would greatly appreciate it if you lightened up on the Moveset (1 or 2 moves are fine, I just really need some flexibility). Apart from that, I do like LoneBones. =]

@TM13 (again) Come now, don't be mean. =]

Willing to extend the LG cap. to 3, but it has to be a variable challenge with either Nidoran or Eevee.

... Please. =]

Simon can have an Eevee named Pilfer. Since you want a variable challenge I will supply you with one. First you must RNG a number between 1-8, this will be the Gym Leader you have to solo to evolve. Then RNG another number between 5 and 15, this will be the amount of moves you can teach it, the moves it has when you get it do not count but you must not use any tm's on it prior to trading.

If the total of these numbers is between 6-9 you must evolve it into Vaporeon, between 10 and 13 gets you a Jolteon and between 14 - 17 nets you a Flareon. 18-20 is Umbreon and 21-23 is Espeon

Edited it with your specifications. Eevee is great as a variable don't you think?

@Pimpgangster; Seems potentially difficult, but I like the complicated-ness. 2 marks though;
-Nickname please?
-What about Umbreon and Espeon? Ruby has time.

@Simon: Game Over the mono-special attacking Nidoran-m thinks it's in a video game (don't tell it yet). It must defeat a boss (solo a Gym Leader) of your choice, but if it ever faints, it gets a "Game Over," meaning it may never battle again until after the next Gym Leader, because it's trying to recover from the game over by using a continue. If this happens after Wallace, Game Over runs out of continues, and its game is completely over (it may never be used again). It knows it has to be as strong as possible if it wants to stand a chance, so once it becomes Nidorino, it must evolve again to Nidoking ASAP (recommended that you have a Moon Stone in the bag before it starts to evolve).

@Galladiator; I'm sorry, I can't take that because that breaks the "3 LG, no more" rule-thingy, although I probably would have just said no anyway. I don't like the insta-evolve, and what if it were female?

Simon, is your cubone Available? If so, name it Arrancar. Arrancar is a demon who fight spirits. As such, it must solo all ghost types, including Phoebe from the e4. It must always have at least one bone move, and must learn one special move.

@SimonSays: It looks like nobody's given you a starter yet, so take Shyster the Treecko. It's really unsure of its own abilities, so it can't attack a Pokémon with an attacking move, except to hit a lowered defence stat, or to use a move with a side effect that's capable of lowering the defence stat it hits.

@SimonSays, take an Abra named Thief. It must learn and keep Thief as soon as possible, and must attempt to solo Sydney with it. Thief cannot evolve to Kadabra until it learns a move other than Teleport, and cannot evolve until Alakazam until all of your other Pokemon have fully evolved.

I've got nothing better to do, so I might as well try this.
I'm going to do a Pokemon White play through, and I can trade with Black.
I don't have any restrictions for you, so go ahead and give me whatever Pokemon you like!

@Romeert, take a Venipede named Toxicity. It's incredibly arrogant and hates other poison-types so it must solo any poison pokemon it encounters. To evolve the first time to whirlipede, it must KO 25 trainer pokes and solo 10 other trainers entire teams with the the move Venoshock. At least half of these times, the enemy pokemon has to already be poisoned so that Venoshock is twice as effective. Furthermore, to evolve into Scolipede it must learn Toxic and solo either one entire gym or two gym leaders. At least three of its move must, at all times, be poison type, and it can never get rid of Venoshock/Toxic once it learns them. The fourth move cannot be of of either the Rock or Ground type, as Toxicity hates them after a rock slide killed his parents.

Romeert: Take a Solosis called ProfessorX. This Solosis is a huge fan of X-Men and, as such, is trying to emulate several of his favourites. As such, it may only learn the following moves:
Hidden Power (all of them), Psywave, Future Sight, Psychic, Calm Mind, Telekinesis (half the psychic-y ones), Recover (Wolverine/X-series), Skill Swap (Rogue), Rain Dance, Thunder (Storm), Double Team (Multiple Man), Giga Impact, Strength (Juggernaut), Flash, Hyper Beam (Jubilee).
(Any moves not on this list upon capture mustn't be used.)

It can only evolve into Duosion after soloing 10 trainers, and can only evolve into Reuniclus if it beats N in Chargestone Cave.

@Romeert
Bring an Emolga named Butters.

Butters is super slick, as in slippery. You may not use any items on or give any items to Butters at any times. (this includes TMs)

Once you have seven badges you if there are no pokemon other then Butters capable of learning Acrobatics change his name to P.Chaos, immediately replace all of his moves with TMs and give him the most recent hold item you picked up. That is the only item you may hold. If it is a disposable item you must replace it as often as possible.
{If other pokemon are capable of learning Acrobatics disregard this part.}

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Romeert: For your Scramble, i'm going to give you a two part challange. For the first part, use a RNG to generate a number from 1-16, excluding Ghost. The resulting number will determine the type of pokemon that you receive, in alphabetical order. (Example: 1 = Bug, 2 = Dark, 3 = Dragon, etc) You must catch the first pokemon that you see that is a member of this type or that will evolve into it. Here comes the fun part: as soon as you capture this pokemon, place all other monsters into the PC except one and heal your freshly caught 'mon. You must then immediately continuously solo wild pokemon with this monster WITHOUT healing or PP restoring until it faints. The amount of pokemon that it KOs will determine the next part of your challange.

For part two, capture a Yamask in the desert after this pokemon faints. This is the spirit of your recently deceased monster. It is now an angry spirit, looking to exact revenge upon the pokemon that killed it and all others like it. As such, it must solo a number of wild pokemon corresponding to how many you KO'd with the original monster.

If the original monster KO'd 0, it must solo 15 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 1-2, it must solo 10 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 3-4, it must solo 5 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 5+, it must solo 2 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

Furthermore, the amount of pokemon that you originally solo will determine the total BP of your moves.

If the original monster KO'd 0, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 100, with no STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 1-2, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 100, with STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 3-4, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 150, with STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 5+, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 200, with STAB moves.

If you solo the same exact pokemon as the one that KO'd the original monster, it counts as 2 for these purposes.

It must be nicknamed Vengeance.

Edit: I love this challenge :D

@Romeert, take a Litwick named Candle. If its ability is Flash Fire, it can only know Fire moves. If its ability is Flame Body, it can never battle any Normal or Fighting type Pokemon, unless it's the last Pokemon left on your team.

Thank you everyone, I'll get this started as soon as I can!

But first, a recap of what the challenges are:
@Romeert, take a Venipede named Toxicity. It's incredibly arrogant and hates other poison-types so it must solo any poison pokemon it encounters. To evolve the first time to whirlipede, it must KO 25 trainer pokes and solo 10 other trainers entire teams with the the move Venoshock. At least half of these times, the enemy pokemon has to already be poisoned so that Venoshock is twice as effective. Furthermore, to evolve into Scolipede it must learn Toxic and solo either one entire gym or two gym leaders. At least three of its move must, at all times, be poison type, and it can never get rid of Venoshock/Toxic once it learns them. The fourth move cannot be of of either the Rock or Ground type, as Toxicity hates them after a rock slide killed his parents.
Rome, take a Snivy named Smugleaf. Snugleaf fancies himself a troll, so he must solo all fire types (flamers).
Romeert: Take a Solosis called ProfessorX. This Solosis is a huge fan of X-Men and, as such, is trying to emulate several of his favourites. As such, it may only learn the following moves:
Hidden Power (all of them), Psywave, Future Sight, Psychic, Calm Mind, Telekinesis (half the psychic-y ones), Recover (Wolverine/X-series), Skill Swap (Rogue), Rain Dance, Thunder (Storm), Double Team (Multiple Man), Giga Impact, Strength (Juggernaut), Flash, Hyper Beam (Jubilee).
(Any moves not on this list upon capture mustn't be used.)

It can only evolve into Duosion after soloing 10 trainers, and can only evolve into Reuniclus if it beats N in Chargestone Cave.
@Romeert
Bring an Emolga named Butters.

Butters is super slick, as in slippery. You may not use any items on or give any items to Butters at any times. (this includes TMs)

Once you have seven badges you if there are no pokemon other then Butters capable of learning Acrobatics change his name to P.Chaos, immediately replace all of his moves with TMs and give him the most recent hold item you picked up. That is the only item you may hold. If it is a disposable item you must replace it as often as possible.
{If other pokemon are capable of learning Acrobatics disregard this part.}
@ Romeert: For your Scramble, i'm going to give you a two part challange. For the first part, use a RNG to generate a number from 1-16, excluding Ghost. The resulting number will determine the type of pokemon that you receive, in alphabetical order. (Example: 1 = Bug, 2 = Dark, 3 = Dragon, etc) You must catch the first pokemon that you see that is a member of this type or that will evolve into it. Here comes the fun part: as soon as you capture this pokemon, place all other monsters into the PC except one and heal your freshly caught 'mon. You must then immediately continuously solo wild pokemon with this monster WITHOUT healing or PP restoring until it faints. The amount of pokemon that it KOs will determine the next part of your challange.

For part two, capture a Yamask in the desert after this pokemon faints. This is the spirit of your recently deceased monster. It is now an angry spirit, looking to exact revenge upon the pokemon that killed it and all others like it. As such, it must solo a number of wild pokemon corresponding to how many you KO'd with the original monster.

If the original monster KO'd 0, it must solo 15 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 1-2, it must solo 10 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 3-4, it must solo 5 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

If the original monster KO'd 5+, it must solo 2 wild pokemon of the same type as the wild monster who KO'd the first monster.

Furthermore, the amount of pokemon that you originally solo will determine the total BP of your moves.

If the original monster KO'd 0, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 100, with no STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 1-2, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 100, with STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 3-4, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 150, with STAB moves.

If the original monster KO'd 5+, it must have moves with a total BP that does not exceed 200, with STAB moves.

If you solo the same exact pokemon as the one that KO'd the original monster, it counts as 2 for these purposes.

It must be nicknamed Vengeance.
@Romeert, take a Litwick named Candle. If its ability is Flash Fire, it can only know Fire moves. If its ability is Flame Body, it can never battle any Normal or Fighting type Pokemon, unless it's the last Pokemon left on your team.
Thanks again, I'll be back with updates as they happen!

Right, IceBeam.

Take a Tentacool.

I dont like you
@Simon says- Take a Poochyena, name it Pooch must solo the 7th, 2nd and 5th gyms. Must solo 1 elite 4member and must learn and keep Bite. So enjoy the medium challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)