Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to post a beginner battle to the world of asb
2 vs 2 singles
2 day DQ (ref can have 3)
2 recoveries/ 5 chills
Arena: Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory- The Battle Room. sound fun? take a gander at the hidden note for info :)

A massive fighting space, Mister Wonka has taken interest in pokemon battles so much that he spent an enormous amount of money to create an amazing battle arena. It is situated in the back of his factory, and it is set arena style, so that when on break his numerous oompa loompa workers can enjoy an exhilarating match. The arena is shaped like the circus maximus, and although it is the same width (387 feet) Mr. Wonka had to shorten the arena to fit, making it 1,018 feet long (the arena is also covered by the thick metal walls covering all the other Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory facilities). Surrounding the arena is bleachers, able to contain over 50,000 oompa loompas. The interior of is the arena matches Mr. Wonka: creative and extraordinary, yet crazy and chaotic all in one masterpiece. He designed the field to remind him of the chocolate waterfall room: everything in the arena is edible (even the pokemon, but my dear children that is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in today’s society), but pokemon will hardly have enough to eat here. The floor of the arena is mint grass, trimmed so that all around it is four inches tall. Many different kinds of plants grow in the arena, and here is a list of most of them:​

• Gummy bear Willows: eight foot tall trees, with a trunk width of eight inches. Resembles a weeping willow, though instead of green leaves they are purple and at the ends are one foot tall gummy bears, dangling above the ground
  • Pumpkin Oozers: short but large plants that are filled with sweet but sticky goo. The pumpkins are three sizes (three feet tall and three feet wide, two feet tall and two feet wide, or one foot tall and one foot wide), and if cracked goo will attach to the pokemon, making it’s speed drop
  • Candy Cane Lumber: this candy-tree hybrid gives off no limbs, and is pole-like, standing straight up. There are three varieties- four foot, six foot, and eight foot. All sizes though are nine inches thick all the way around. They can be broken, and when so all the oompa loompas in the crowd will shout “TIMBERRRRR!’
  • Candy Apple Willows: another willow-candy hybrid, this one is shorter (six feet tall), yellow with no leaves, and is only found near the chocolate pond’s edge. Most are covered in candy apples, which are the size of ordinary granny smiths (though they are red and full of sugar)
  • Candy cane Twisters: unlike their relative, the C.C Lumber, the C.C twisters twist and curve like an oak or maple tree would. They are one foot thick, and their branches extend seven feet outwards in many different directions. This plant breaks easily, as it’s structure and composition is brittle
  • Mushroom Juicies: A large candy-tree that resembles a mushroom. They are usually nine foot, but they all droop, making the highest part of their cap fall to seven feet. They are all red with white spots, and their caps are made of small circular candies. The candies can be removed and eaten or used (they are big enough to fit in a human’s hand snugly)
  • Truffle Bush: a large bush-like candy plant, they are four feet tall, and rounded so that they resemble halves of spheres. They are five feet wide and long, and have orange leaves. On each branch there is a cluster of truffles, each a different color and flavor. There are so many truffles on the bushes you cannot see the leaves (they basically look like big mounds of multi-colored chocolate)
  • Squigilly Goos: One of the stranger candy-plant hybrids, it looks like a sea anemone out of water. They all stand three feet tall, with a chunky stump of ten inches. They look like thick cylinder blocks, except for at the top all around its top perimeter large tentacle like tendrils extend. On top also it caves in slightly, and a mound of fluffy goo resides. The delicious gunk can be eaten or flung
  • Bubble ballooners: made entirely from scratch and not combined with a plant or tree, the Bubble ballooner is made up of three components: the “anchor”, the “chain”, and the ballooner. The anchor is a sturdy, heavy biological piece of genius, keeping the special “plant” from floating away. It’s roots are dug deep into the tasty ground so it can’t be uprooted. The chain connects the anchor and ballooner, and like the anchor it is very tough, though it will eventually crumble(it is only a plant, kinda). The Ballooner is the most special part. There are two sizes of ballooners, six feet tall and six feet wide, or three feet tall and three feet wide (they come in pink purple yellow red blue green and multicolor). When you break the chain the ballooner will drift away, and a pokemon can grab onto the chain and take flight! The smaller ballooner can hold pokemon up to one hundred pounds, and the six foot can hold pokemon up to two hundred fifty pounds! When they pop large globs of sticky gum will fly everywhere, gluing wings to backs, trapping limbs, etc.

Mr. Wonka comes up with different candy plants all the time, so the arena gets more exciting every day! Besides plants there are chocolate ponds dotting the arena. None get larger than thirty feet by thirty feet, but some are kind of large. Liquid chocolate is the only liquid here, so pokemon will have to provide or make their own water. The ground can be dug into, but the chocolate dirt only goes fifteen feet deep. Mr. Wonka does not tolerate earthquake generating moves, for it scares his workers. Since the arena is covered, no weather moves can be used. However, Mr. Wonka keeps the place brightly lit, so there are no dark places in the arena.​

i like making arenas ^^ it's fun
Glacier Knight I accept!

Switch: KO
Items: None
Abilities:1
Will try again at reffing. Pm me the teams and well get this started :D

Let's put on a great showtime, shall we?

Beginner Battle
2v2, Singles
3 day DQ time
2 recovery moves, 5 chills, certain moves will have restricted power (see italics for details)

Arena: I got this one from the UPNetwork wiki. I decided to modify it a bit.

Band Room, 2nd Period:
A large band room, with cabinets filled with instruments and cases on one side, drums on one wall, and three offices to the side, one with props. A piano sits near the conductor's stand. Three rows of chairs face towards the stand.

This IS during Band class, and consequently there will be many students with their instruments. Luckily, they will clear out after the first round. The walls are filled with sandbags and the battle can spill out into the campus. The band room is located on the first floor so there is little danger of severe injury from height should any Pokemon be knocked outside. Smaller Pokemon may be suffocated by large brass instruments. Recorders can be used as handy clubs. Intentionally hurting any child is an automatic disqualification.

The Quadrangle, just outside, is perfect for an outdoor battle in the grass. Meanwhile the Turner Center, which is right next to the offices, has a stage and rows of seats.

Weather moves are not effective unless a hole is blown out to the outdoors. Earthquake, Magnitude, and other related attacks that would cause collateral structure damage will have restrained power since the campus is built exceptionally sturdy. Since the band room is located right above the basement, Dig and other tunneling moves will not work.

The school is fairly destructible and past the Quadrangle is a parking lot with plenty of cars. After the fifth round, parents will rush to pick up their kids. Cars will be packed and TV crews will be there.

PUNCHING OUT CAMERA EQUIPMENT IS PERMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hopefully the arena description isn't too complicated and won't scare some of you off. Now for the challenger and ref!

I'll take on your challenge

Swich=KO
All Abilities
Item=No
Still looking for a ref for the above battle as well as this one. Thanks a lot!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to need a few more matches to build up my team. This field is good for 2 of my battle slots.

4vs4 Doubles (Open Field)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each

Arena: Pokemon Chess Board

Open Field: An opposing trainer may send any of their Pokemon onto an Open Field. The initial trainer's Pokemon are all selected beforehand.

The Pokemon Chess Board is an intricate arena, the effects of which change based on the Pokemon used. It is set on an artificial field consisting of alternating 8x8 black and white squares about 5 square feet each. All Attacks can be utilized, as the chess board will create any necessary element for the attack. Be warned that effects will disappear after each action and will have to generated from scratch, so the arena for example cannot be flooded out, even if Rain is summoned. Weathers still last their full duration and have all their other battle effects.

The Arena benefits or handicaps players based on the Pokemon they select in the following ways:

• If one player has more fully evolved Pokemon than the other, each of that player's Pokemon will lose one Rank in each stat (including HP), as well as 20% of their speed.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like weaknesses, all of the shared weaknesses of that player's active Pokemon will be reduced to 2x, regardless of their ordinary severity.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like STABs, the STAB bonus of that STAB is increased by 1.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like Attacks, the Base Attack Power of those shared attacks is increased by 1.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
This looks like a great arena. I'll take your challenge DK.

All Abilities
No items
Switch = KO.

EDIT: I'll basically be using fully evolved Pokemon if that's alright with you. I can tone it down though.

Responding to old statement.

I'll battle you if you change the DQ to 1 Day. With 1 hour there's really no time for the ref and if they battle is goes on long enough we would end up having to stay up and do this at 2 a.m. or something.
OK, I accept. Looking for ref, anyone available?
(On a side note, I realized the problem with 1 hour when I posted my battle and fell asleep in 5 minutes on my couch. I woke up 13 hours later, due to my having an average of 4 hrs sleep for the last week.
I DAMN YOU TO HELL, BIOLOGY PRESENTATION!!!)

Just as an FYI, here are the rules:

Looking for beginner battle.
3v3 Singles
1 hour DQ (I'd like a fast battle. If I can't have a 1hr DQ, then make it whatever the minimum is.)
2 recoveries, 3 chills per pokemon.

Arena: Pond in Forest Clearing
>Has a pond and a stream flowing out of pond
>Woods borders clearing
>All moves usable
>All pokemon usable

Also, MasterBane, you have yet to post items/abilities/switch rules for this battle.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for another battle...

4vs4 Doubles
3 Day DQ
1 Recovery/3 Chills each
All Pokemon must be LC-eligible
Arena: Tournament Arena

Alrighty then, we're ready for a battle!

Now all we need is a ref...
Anyone available?
Rules are as follows:
Looking for beginner battle.
3v3 Singles
1 hour DQ (I'd like a fast battle. If I can't have a 1hr DQ, then make it whatever the minimum is.)
2 recoveries, 3 chills per pokemon.

Arena: Pond in Forest Clearing
>Has a pond and a stream flowing out of pond
>Woods borders clearing
>All moves usable
>All pokemon usable
DQ=1 day
Abilities: All
Items: None
Switch: KO

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I challenge Acklow. FOR BERRIES.
2v2 Doubles
2 Recoveries 5 Chills
2 Day DQ
ASB Arena.

ACCEPT. OR NOT. IDC.

...XD

Items=On
Switch=WHAT??!!!
Abilities=All

I would prefer if we use Pre-evolved Pokemon for this fight. I hope you accept this as a part of the challenge.
Edit: Or we use 2 already evolved mons, take your pick.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
looking for a battle only with weak mon
2v2 singles
2 recoveries/5 chill
I'm just starting so weak mon for this battle
I'll take this one too.
Switch KO
Abilities All
No items.

Looking for a ref for this one and the match a few posts above.
No ref? I'll ref then. PM teams!

Looking for a quick 1v1
3 day DQ (extensions are cool with me if you need them acceptor/ref)
In an underwater arena
2 recoveries/ 5 chills
I'll take this if I can. I assume you have weak mons, as I would like to train mine if I could.

All abilities.
No items
This one too?

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge:

3 vs 3 singles
2 day DQ
1 Recover/ 5 Chills
Location: The hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. An infinite white space (not infinite...more like the size of the Earth) with absolutely no trees or lakes or anything other than the floor (not-diggable BTW). The gravity is intensified (aka, the effects of the move "gravity" occur permanently and can't be driven away) and Ground-types pokes have even more difficulty moving around, resulting in +2 energy for each move. Since its a closed space, all weather-changing moves are rendered useless, as well as moves that require big masses of water. Everything else is good to go. The battle is happening far away from the entrance, so we don't get stuck in the chamber in case someone decides to destroy it.
In other words:
- Permanent Gravity
- non-diggable floor
- Ground-type pokes waste +2 energy per action
- Weather changing moves/abilities or attacks that rely on masses of water are useless.
Battle, anyone?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Frosty
Originally Posted by Fat Frosty
Open Challenge:

3 vs 3 singles
2 day DQ
1 Recover/ 5 Chills
Location: The hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. An infinite white space (not infinite...more like the size of the Earth) with absolutely no trees or lakes or anything other than the floor (not-diggable BTW). The gravity is intensified (aka, the effects of the move "gravity" occur permanently and can't be driven away) and Ground-types pokes have even more difficulty moving around, resulting in +2 energy for each move. Since its a closed space, all weather-changing moves are rendered useless, as well as moves that require big masses of water. Everything else is good to go. The battle is happening far away from the entrance, so we don't get stuck in the chamber in case someone decides to destroy it.
In other words:
- Permanent Gravity
- non-diggable floor
- Ground-type pokes waste +2 energy per action
- Weather changing moves/abilities or attacks that rely on masses of water are useless.
Battle, anyone?
I'll accept. My team is new, so you can get some points for your young ones as well!

No items
All abilities
Switch=KO

Open Challenge

6 vs 6 Doubles
2 Day DQ (Battlers) / 4 Day DQ (Ref)
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Swimming Pool Full of Jell-O (yes, this is a Homestar Runner reference)
Your average pool deck, with a twist: the pool is full of Jell-O instead of water! All Pokemon start on the pool deck, but they may use an action to jump in the pool or even eat some Jell-O. Eating the Jell-O gives a Pokemon a +1 boost in all stats until the end of the round and +5 HP, but it costs 20 Energy.

EDIT: Oh, and first-stage evolvable Pokemon only (Scyther, Mudkip, Tynamo, etc.; NOT Monferno or Stantler, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)