Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge
Simple 2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ, i would really like this thing to go by fast
no recovers, 5 chills

Arena: just make it the basic tournament arena, not in the mood to think of something creative

Just send the 2 pokemon you are going to use to the ref, nothing more nothing less

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat rewindman
Open Challenge
Simple 2v2 Doubles
no recovers, 5 chills

Arena: just make it the basic tournament arena, not in the mood to think of something creative

Just send the 2 pokemon you are going to use to the ref, nothing more nothing less
Let's get it done TODAY!

no items
all abilities

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I challenge Acklow. FOR BERRIES.
2v2 Doubles
2 Recoveries 5 Chills
2 Day DQ
ASB Arena.

ACCEPT. OR NOT. IDC.

...XD

Items=On
Switch=WHAT??!!!
Abilities=All

I would prefer if we use Pre-evolved Pokemon for this fight. I hope you accept this as a part of the challenge.
Edit: Or we use 2 already evolved mons, take your pick.
I do believe we need a referee to do this one. Thanks ahead of time.

Open Challenge
Simple 2v2 Doubles
no recovers, 5 chills

Korski said:
Let's get it done TODAY!

no items
all abilities
I'll ref this, Just PM me your pokemon! Sorry if I get in-creative for flavor text.

I'm going to need a few more matches to build up my team. This field is good for 2 of my battle slots.

4vs4 Doubles (Open Field)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each

Arena: Pokemon Chess Board

Open Field: An opposing trainer may send any of their Pokemon onto an Open Field. The initial trainer's Pokemon are all selected beforehand.

The Pokemon Chess Board is an intricate arena, the effects of which change based on the Pokemon used. It is set on an artificial field consisting of alternating 8x8 black and white squares about 5 square feet each. All Attacks can be utilized, as the chess board will create any necessary element for the attack. Be warned that effects will disappear after each action and will have to generated from scratch, so the arena for example cannot be flooded out, even if Rain is summoned. Weathers still last their full duration and have all their other battle effects.

The Arena benefits or handicaps players based on the Pokemon they select in the following ways:

• If one player has more fully evolved Pokemon than the other, each of that player's Pokemon will lose one Rank in each stat (including HP), as well as 20% of their speed.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like weaknesses, all of the shared weaknesses of that player's active Pokemon will be reduced to 2x, regardless of their ordinary severity.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like STABs, the STAB bonus of that STAB is increased by 1.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like Attacks, the Base Attack Power of those shared attacks is increased by 1.
Deck, I'd like to grab your other slot if its still open!

All abilities
No items
switch=KO
We need a ref for this ^^

I'll ref shadowbone vs. Acklow and Deck Knight vs. TravelLog. PM me your teams.

Also, shameless repost:

Open Challenge

6 vs 6 Doubles
2 Day DQ (Battlers) / 4 Day DQ (Ref)
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Swimming Pool Full of Jell-O (yes, this is a Homestar Runner reference)
Your average pool deck, with a twist: the pool is full of Jell-O instead of water! All Pokemon start on the pool deck, but they may use an action to jump in the pool or even eat some Jell-O. Eating the Jell-O gives a Pokemon a +1 boost in all stats until the end of the round and +5 HP, but it costs 20 Energy.

EDIT: Oh, and first-stage evolvable Pokemon only (Scyther, Mudkip, Tynamo, etc.; NOT Monferno or Stantler, etc.).

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'm going to need a few more matches to build up my team. This field is good for 2 of my battle slots.

2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each

Open Field: An opposing trainer may send any of their Pokemon onto an Open Field. The initial trainer's Pokemon are all selected beforehand.

The Pokemon Chess Board is an intricate arena, the effects of which change based on the Pokemon used. It is set on an artificial field consisting of alternating 8x8 black and white squares about 5 square feet each. All Attacks can be utilized, as the chess board will create any necessary element for the attack. Be warned that effects will disappear after each action and will have to generated from scratch, so the arena for example cannot be flooded out, even if Rain is summoned. Weathers still last their full duration and have all their other battle effects.

The Arena benefits or handicaps players based on the Pokemon they select in the following ways:

• If one player has more fully evolved Pokemon than the other, each of that player's Pokemon will lose one Rank in each stat (including HP), as well as 20% of their speed.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like weaknesses, all of the shared weaknesses of that player's active Pokemon will be reduced to 2x, regardless of their ordinary severity.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like STABs, the STAB bonus of that STAB is increased by 1.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like Attacks, the Base Attack Power of those shared attacks is increased by 1.
This looks like a great arena. I'll take your challenge DK.

All Abilities
No items
Switch = KO.

EDIT: I'll basically be using fully evolved Pokemon if that's alright with you. I can tone it down though.
Bumping this. We still need a ref, just like everyone else in the thread.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Tiniest_GK. Smallest_GK. My baby Pokemon will crush you.

2v2 Doubles.
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each
Arena: A forest clearing.

A beautiful forest clearing, there are many tall trees and shrubs around, dense enough for a small Pokemon to avoid detection in. There is a large lake in the middle of the clearing, deep enough for any water Pokemon to hide comfortably in. The canopy of the trees prevents Pokemon from flying too high, but the sheer height of the trees means that there is ample space for flying. It is quite dark here, and humid.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok whatever

switch=gk
no items
all abilities

edit: i'll accept this too

dummy007 said:
Open Challenge

6 vs 6 Doubles
2 Day DQ (Battlers) / 4 Day DQ (Ref)
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Swimming Pool Full of Jell-O (yes, this is a Homestar Runner reference)
Your average pool deck, with a twist: the pool is full of Jell-O instead of water! All Pokemon start on the pool deck, but they may use an action to jump in the pool or even eat some Jell-O. Eating the Jell-O gives a Pokemon a +1 boost in all stats until the end of the round and +5 HP, but it costs 20 Energy.

EDIT: Oh, and first-stage evolvable Pokemon only (Scyther, Mudkip, Tynamo, etc.; NOT Monferno or Stantler, etc.).
switch=ko
no items
all abilities

Calling all potential takers. Except Limewire. No offense, but I've battled you quite a bit recently and would like a fresh opponent.

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 day DQ battles, 5 day refs.
All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klink? Yes. Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
If a Pokemon has evolved (i.e. Klang), you can't lead with it.

ARENA: That's up to the taker of the challenge; I get to send out my guys second.

Calling all potential takers. Except Limewire. No offense, but I've battled you quite a bit recently and would like a fresh opponent.

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 day DQ battles, 5 day refs.
All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klink? Yes. Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
If a Pokemon has evolved (i.e. Klang), you can't lead with it.

ARENA: That's up to the taker of the challenge; I get to send out my guys second.
COME AT ME BRO!

No items
Switch = KO
All abilities

Arena: A forest clearing with a pond and a storm is brewing. Once the storm has started a lighting bolt may randomly hit any of the combatants at the end of the round.
Ref gets to decided when the storm happens and whether weather effects will affect to storm, e.g. rain dance

Tiniest_GK. Smallest_GK. My baby Pokemon will crush you.

2v2 Doubles.
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each
Arena: A forest clearing.

A beautiful forest clearing, there are many tall trees and shrubs around, dense enough for a small Pokemon to avoid detection in. There is a large lake in the middle of the clearing, deep enough for any water Pokemon to hide comfortably in. The canopy of the trees prevents Pokemon from flying too high, but the sheer height of the trees means that there is ample space for flying. It is quite dark here, and humid.

Accepting,
switch = troll
Items = denied
1 ability

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Match: DW vs. Athenodoros
Matchup: Prinplup vs. Metang
Arena: Final Destination, the most fitting place for such a 1v1.
Restricted moves: None.
That's it.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each

This looks like a great arena. I'll take your challenge DK.

All Abilities
No items
Switch = KO.

EDIT: I'll basically be using fully evolved Pokemon if that's alright with you. I can tone it down though.
Taking this, PM me your teams!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Accepting Atheno's challenge, just because I have to say it.

ALso, challenging Xaqwais to a 1v1.

Forest: Only grass and poison Pokemon are allowed.
1 day DQ.
1 recovery/6 chills

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Athenodoros to a 1 vs. 1 slugfest!
1 Day DQ
1 Recovery/5 Chills
Arena: um, flat land, cliff off to the side. Standard fighting space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)