Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenging Rediamond!

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ for both refs and battlers
2 Recoveries/2 Chills
Arena: Underground maze. There is a central room, where all pokemon new to the battle begin. In this center room, there is a pool of water that can be used for diving and water-attacks. There are four rooms adjoined to the central room, each having special effects. In one room, there is a Trick Room (Trick Room is always active). Another room is a Graveyard (Any pokemon who disturbs the dead in this room is afflicted with Ghost-type Curse for 2 rounds). The third room is filled with lava and studded with loose rocks (Lava will inflict First-Degree burns from being near it/falling in). The final room is Zero-Gravity, so interpret this how you want to ref it. We don't know which room is which, so when a pokemon goes into a room, use the RNG to determine which room is which.

Let's put on a great showtime, shall we?

Beginner Battle
2v2, Singles
3 day DQ time
2 recovery moves, 5 chills, certain moves will have restricted power (see italics for details)

Arena: I got this one from the UPNetwork wiki. I decided to modify it a bit.

Band Room, 2nd Period:
A large band room, with cabinets filled with instruments and cases on one side, drums on one wall, and three offices to the side, one with props. A piano sits near the conductor's stand. Three rows of chairs face towards the stand.

This IS during Band class, and consequently there will be many students with their instruments. Luckily, they will clear out after the first round. The walls are filled with sandbags and the battle can spill out into the campus. The band room is located on the first floor so there is little danger of severe injury from height should any Pokemon be knocked outside. Smaller Pokemon may be suffocated by large brass instruments. Recorders can be used as handy clubs. Intentionally hurting any child is an automatic disqualification.

The Quadrangle, just outside, is perfect for an outdoor battle in the grass. Meanwhile the Turner Center, which is right next to the offices, has a stage and rows of seats.

Weather moves are not effective unless a hole is blown out to the outdoors. Earthquake, Magnitude, and other related attacks that would cause collateral structure damage will have restrained power since the campus is built exceptionally sturdy. Since the band room is located right above the basement, Dig and other tunneling moves will not work.

The school is fairly destructible and past the Quadrangle is a parking lot with plenty of cars. After the fifth round, parents will rush to pick up their kids. Cars will be packed and TV crews will be there.

PUNCHING OUT CAMERA EQUIPMENT IS PERMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hopefully the arena description isn't too complicated and won't scare some of you off. Now for the challenger and ref!
I'll take on your challenge

Swich=KO
All Abilities
Item=No
And this match.

I am posting another Beginner Battle, if possible!

3VS3 Doubles
Respond quick within 36 - 48 Hours, or you'll be DQ'd
2 recovery Moves and 1 Chill per pokemon
Arena Restrictions (if possible): Different items only (Only 1 use of the same item per round i.e.: you can't get Mushroom, then Mushroom)
Arena: Mario Kart Stadium (I am taking risks, oh well)
You're on Lyris!

Switch=KO
One ability
Items=OK
Still looking for a ref for these two matches please! Thanks! :o

Tiniest_GK. Smallest_GK. My baby Pokemon will crush you.

2v2 Doubles.
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills each
Arena: A forest clearing.

A beautiful forest clearing, there are many tall trees and shrubs around, dense enough for a small Pokemon to avoid detection in. There is a large lake in the middle of the clearing, deep enough for any water Pokemon to hide comfortably in. The canopy of the trees prevents Pokemon from flying too high, but the sheer height of the trees means that there is ample space for flying. It is quite dark here, and humid.
Accepting,
switch = troll
Items = denied
1 ability

In need of ref. thanks.

Crux

Banned deucer.
3v3
Singles
DQ Time, 2 days
0 Recovers, 5 Chills

Arena: A dark cave made purely of slippery metal ore. In the centre there is a very deep pond which any water type pokemon could hide in with ease. The ceiling is high enough that flying types can move around with ease. The floor it's self is quite rugged with large boulders of metal ore being a feature.

This will be a beginner battle, since I need to train my babies!

WE NEED A REF HERE :)
DFrog said:
mewtwo15026 said:
Calling all potential takers. Except Limewire. No offense, but I've battled you quite a bit recently and would like a fresh opponent.

4 vs 4 Doubles
3 day DQ battles, 5 day refs.
All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klink? Yes. Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
If a Pokemon has evolved (i.e. Klang), you can't lead with it.

ARENA: That's up to the taker of the challenge; I get to send out my guys second.
COME AT ME BRO!

No items
Switch = KO
All abilities

Arena: A forest clearing with a pond and a storm is brewing. Once the storm has started a lighting bolt may randomly hit any of the combatants at the end of the round.
Ref gets to decided when the storm happens and whether weather effects will affect to storm, e.g. rain dance

WE NEED A REF HERE :)
3v3
Singles
DQ Time, 2 days
0 Recovers, 5 Chills

Arena: A dark cave made purely of slippery metal ore. In the centre there is a very deep pond which any water type pokemon could hide in with ease. The ceiling is high enough that flying types can move around with ease. The floor it's self is quite rugged with large boulders of metal ore being a feature.

I will ref both of these.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Open Challenge
1v1
Singles (NO...LET'S DO DOUBLES *sarcasm*)
3 Day DQ
No Recoveries, No Chills

Arena: Wasabe Desert (Yes, I do like the taste of wasabe, don't hate)

It's a desert. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, and Maractus's all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively.

Special Rules: Only Second Stage Pokemon (so Pokes like Charmeleon, Ivysaur, etc., but not Scizor, Slowking, etc.), please.

To the ref: If you have any questions concerning the arena, let me know. I will try to answer your questions thoroughly.

Open Challenge!

1 VS 1 singles
1 Day DQ (needs to be fast)
No recoveries/chills
No evolved Pokes

Arena: Cave
We are battling deep inside a cave where there is minimal light. There is no water, and no weather type moves can be used. The walls are made of solid rock, so digging is extremely difficult. Pretty simple.

3v3
Singles
DQ Time, 2 days
0 Recovers, 5 Chills

accepted.

switch = KO
Items = no
2 abilities

Open Challenge

1 vs 1 singles
2 day DQ
no recoveries/chills
no fully evolved pokemon

Arena: Mud pit

Pretty simple, about a foot deep, slippery, muddy, not good for electric, slows pokemon a lot who aren't good in mud, stuff like that

Crux

Banned deucer.
Open Challenge

1 vs 1 singles
2 day DQ
no recoveries/chills
no fully evolved pokemon

Arena: Mud pit

Pretty simple, about a foot deep, slippery, muddy, not good for electric, slows pokemon a lot who aren't good in mud, stuff like that
Accepted!

Switch = Impossible
2 day DQ
no recoveries/chills
no fully evolved pokemon
all abilities

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge
2 vs. 2 singles
no recovers / 2 chills
base stage, evolvable pokemon only (charmander: yes; mawile: no)

Arena: The hypotenuse of THIS RIGHT TRIANGLE. Some notes:
  • Line C=50 meters; m=-1/2x
  • One player's Pokemon starts at or near the top of the hypotenuse, the other player's near the bottom. This is determined by coin flip before the players send out their Pokemon.
  • When a Pokemon is KO'd, the trainer of said Pokemon may send in his/her next Pokemon anywhere on the battlefield.
  • Pokemon gain +1 Spe when moving down slope and can jump farther (m=-1/2x) than one would normally assume. Pokemon gain -1 Spe when moving upward and cannot jump as far as one would normally assume. Actions that do not require or specify movement will not affect Speed. Flying and Levitating Pokemon are immune to these effects.
  • In close quarters situations, the referee will decide which Pokemon has the "high ground" and access to the Spe boost after every round. This can be avoided by being specific when calling actions.
  • The arena is simply indestructible and un-manipulatable. It's a line. Moving beyond the endpoints of or underneath Line C is a strict impossibility.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I would like a 2v2 Doubles, for fully evolved mons.
2 Day DQ
2/5 Recoveries/Chills

Arena:
A huge pool in a clearing in a dense forest. Into the pool falls a waterfall, which cascades down a series of cliffs above the pool, on to which Pokemon could jump.

Open Challenge
2v2 singles
2 recoveries, 5 chills
Desert Island (medium size, assorted trees, lots of water), basically this:

DQ time= 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)