Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I would like to issue a rather interesting challenge.

2v2 doubles
No move restrictions whatsoever (yes, that means unlimited recoveries and chills)
Send in only two pokemon: one fully evolved and one unevolved (unevolved cannot be single stage)
DQ time: 3 days for battlers, 7 days for the ref
Arena: Park of Imagination

A grassy park with a pond in the middle. Pokemon cannot be damaged by any moves. They are susceptible to status effects and other non-damaging effects of moves and any abilities that might cause damage can still do so, but they cannot be damaged directly by attacks. Instead, before each round begins, several random objects will appear (the ref decides how many and what they are - they can be literally anything so go nuts) and pokemon must use these objects to do damage to their opponents.
Solstice said:
Oops, sorry

Switching=KO
No Items
All Ablities
I'll try reffing this match. PM me your teams, and we can get this one going.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sigh... since all my previous matches are probably buried behind rubble of sorts, I am dropping all battles that aren't currently going. Sorry to Deck Knight and Master Bane.

Now, I am issuing THREE CHALLENGES. All of them have the exact same rules.

2v2 Doubles
No Recovers/Chills
3 Day DQ
Send in 2 and only 2 Pokemon to ref
Arena: Little Arena
A mini arena designed for mini Pokemon. In this arena, all Pokemon may be used. However, all Pokemon that are not LC-eligible suffer a 20 HP reduction, as well as -20 to their speed. The other aspects of the arena are identical to the Tournament Arena.

Sigh... since all my previous matches are probably buried behind rubble of sorts, I am dropping all battles that aren't currently going. Sorry to Deck Knight and Master Bane.

2v2 Doubles
No Recovers/Chills
3 Day DQ
A mini arena designed for mini Pokemon. In this arena, all Pokemon may be used. However, all Pokemon that are not LC-eligible suffer a 20 HP reduction, as well as -20 to their speed. The other aspects of the arena are identical to the Tournament Arena.
I'm in
all abilities
switch=ko
no items

2v2 Doubles
No Recovers/Chills
3 Day DQ
Accepting one of those three.

All abilities
No items
Switch=don' doit
This looks cool. I'll take it!

I'll ref Engineer Pikachu vs levren

Also:

Open challenge for anybody who wants it

1v1 Singles
1 recover/2 chills
2 day DQ

Arena: Whoever accepts can pick the arena.

...and I guess I'll take Engineer Pikachu vs deadfox, since I'm done with school after tomorrow...

Still need a subref for myself vs undisputed, and a ref for myself vs GK.

CHALLENGING DECK KNIGHT

For as long as Diamond and Pearl have been out, a great rivalry has existed between the clans of Combee and Nincada. As their battles raged, Ninjask kings hiding in the forest as Vespiquen guard their hives, the Burmy clan, a third, neutral clan, looked on, hearing the forest around them filled with a cacophony of battling bugs.

Yesterday, a member of the Burmy clan was found dead, in the blood of a Combee and a Nincada. The clan was split in three; the Plant-Cloaks chose the side of the Combee, the Trash-Cloaks choosing the side of the Nincada. The Sandy-cloaks, who remained neutral, came up with a solution to keep the tribe together-each side would send out a champion of their race, and a Sandy Cloak Burmy would accompany each as a second. They would then duel to the finish...

2vs2 Doubles

DQ: 3 Days
Restricted Moves: Anything a Nincada, Burmy, or Combee can't learn! 5 chills max.

Arena: Eterna Forest
A big forest with lots of bugs, with skies always clouded and where time seems to stand perfectly still. Buneary and Gastly sit around in the shadows, and trainers trying to evolve their Eevees into Leafeon are an occasional sight.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

Anyone?
Bump.

EDIT: ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Arena: Opponent's Choice.

Challenging Alchemator!

3v3 singles
3 day DQ
5 Chills 2 Recovers
EDIT: Unevolved mons only.

Arena: A Bland And Simple Yet Boring Arena.

Woohoo. Go team. All moves usable. Except for Judgement, that would kill the ref and we don't want that now do we?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Alchemator!

3v3 singles
3 day DQ
5 Chills 2 Recovers

Arena: A Bland And Simple Yet Boring Arena.

Woohoo. Go team. All moves usable. Except for Judgement, that would kill the ref and we don't want that now do we?
Sure.

One ability
Switch = Nuclear fusion
No items

I'll take this too:

porygon3 said:
1v1 Singles
1 recover/2 chills
2 day DQ
Arena: Whatever the ref feels like! :)

Looking for a 3v3 (either singles or doubles, up to the challenger, but not triples)
1 day DQ
2 heals, 5 chills
Ref selected arena
Special: using 1st stage mons that can evolve only

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a 3v3 (either singles or doubles, up to the challenger, but not triples)
1 day DQ
2 heals, 5 chills
Ref selected arena
Special: using 1st stage mons that can evolve only
Sure, I'll do this. Lets make it singles.

Switch = KO
No Items
One Ability

OK, I'll ref your match jas and TravelLog.

Arena: Deathtrap Dungeon

• A 100ft-by-100ft square chamber with a ceiling 50ft above the ground. The walls are engraved with the faces of various ghost-type pokemon. The chamber has no windows and the only light comes from wooden torches on the walls 30ft above the ground. These torches cannot be put out.
  • At the end of each round for the first eight rounds, the East and West walls will both move 5ft inwards (reducing the width of the arena by a total of 10ft). This will cease to happen if seismic moves like Earthquake and Magnitude are used 5 times during the match.
  • Also at the end of each round, a trap will trigger. All have an equal chance of happening but the same trap cannot activate two rounds in a row. The traps are as follows:
    • Several poison-tipped darts will be fired from holes in the North and South walls. All pokemon have a 90% chance of being hit and poisoned (normal poison).
    • A giant axe will swing across the arena from North to South or vice versa (alternating with each activation). This will miss any pokemon on the ground, but any airborne pokemon have a 75% chance of being hit. The axe will do damage equal to 1/2 of the pokemon's max HP. Unless otherwise specified, Flying-type pokemon and pokemon with the ability Levitate are assumed to be airborne.
    • Spikes will rise from the floor. They won't affect airborne pokemon but any grounded pokemon will be hit by them and will lose HP equal to 1/8 of their max HP. The spikes will then retreat back into the floor.
    • A thick cloud of gas will fill the arena, impeding the vision of all pokemon for one round. For most pokemon, this means a -1 accuracy modifier. Pokemon that rely less on sight will be less affected and pokemon that don't rely on sight at all will be completely unaffected.
    • The torches will spawn some magical flames that will float towards any pokemon in the arena. They have a 80% chance of hitting each pokemon and any pokemon hit by them will be given a 1st degree burn (or their current burn will be increased by 1 degree).
    • The engraved faces on the walls will shriek loudly for one round, waking up any sleeping pokemon and preventing all sleep-inducing and sound-based moves. The shrieking will also make it harder for pokemon to concentrate on their attacks (except for those with Soundproof) and each action there is a 30% chance that a pokemon will not be able to do anything.
  • Solar Beam, Thunder, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Synthesis, moves that require an external water source like Surf, and weather-inducing moves and abilities cannot be used.

OK jas and TravelLog, now you can PM me your teams of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)