Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put on a great showtime, shall we?

Beginner Battle
2v2, Singles
3 day DQ time
2 recovery moves, 5 chills, certain moves will have restricted power (see italics for details)

Arena: I got this one from the UPNetwork wiki. I decided to modify it a bit.

Band Room, 2nd Period:
A large band room, with cabinets filled with instruments and cases on one side, drums on one wall, and three offices to the side, one with props. A piano sits near the conductor's stand. Three rows of chairs face towards the stand.

This IS during Band class, and consequently there will be many students with their instruments. Luckily, they will clear out after the first round. The walls are filled with sandbags and the battle can spill out into the campus. The band room is located on the first floor so there is little danger of severe injury from height should any Pokemon be knocked outside. Smaller Pokemon may be suffocated by large brass instruments. Recorders can be used as handy clubs. Intentionally hurting any child is an automatic disqualification.

The Quadrangle, just outside, is perfect for an outdoor battle in the grass. Meanwhile the Turner Center, which is right next to the offices, has a stage and rows of seats.

Weather moves are not effective unless a hole is blown out to the outdoors. Earthquake, Magnitude, and other related attacks that would cause collateral structure damage will have restrained power since the campus is built exceptionally sturdy. Since the band room is located right above the basement, Dig and other tunneling moves will not work.

The school is fairly destructible and past the Quadrangle is a parking lot with plenty of cars. After the fifth round, parents will rush to pick up their kids. Cars will be packed and TV crews will be there.

PUNCHING OUT CAMERA EQUIPMENT IS PERMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hopefully the arena description isn't too complicated and won't scare some of you off. Now for the challenger and ref!
I'll take on your challenge

Swich=KO
All Abilities
Item=No
We still need a ref for this match please! It would be very appreciated! D: Thanks!

CHALLENGING DECK KNIGHT

For as long as Diamond and Pearl have been out, a great rivalry has existed between the clans of Combee and Nincada. As their battles raged, Ninjask kings hiding in the forest as Vespiquen guard their hives, the Burmy clan, a third, neutral clan, looked on, hearing the forest around them filled with a cacophony of battling bugs.

Yesterday, a member of the Burmy clan was found dead, in the blood of a Combee and a Nincada. The clan was split in three; the Plant-Cloaks chose the side of the Combee, the Trash-Cloaks choosing the side of the Nincada. The Sandy-cloaks, who remained neutral, came up with a solution to keep the tribe together-each side would send out a champion of their race, and a Sandy Cloak Burmy would accompany each as a second. They would then duel to the finish...

2vs2 Doubles

DQ: 3 Days
Restricted Moves: Anything a Nincada, Burmy, or Combee can't learn! 5 chills max.

Arena: Eterna Forest
A big forest with lots of bugs, with skies always clouded and where time seems to stand perfectly still. Buneary and Gastly sit around in the shadows, and trainers trying to evolve their Eevees into Leafeon are an occasional sight.
Bumping if Deck hasn't seen this.

Challenging Xaqwais!

2 vs. 2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills.
Arena: Little Locomotive.

A square shaped map with no water. All that's in it is a giant toy train that travels in a big circle and a few giant blocks to hide behind. You can jump onto the train at any time, but no matter what you do, the train will never be stopped. Even if a Steelix tries to stop it, the train will just push it along. The soil is good for digging, but you cannot dig up the train tracks, lest the stage will crumble into nothing. Also, you can earthquake, but it won't do a thing to the train or the tracks. That's one tough train!

Challenging Xaqwais!

2 vs. 2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills.
Arena: Little Locomotive.

A square shaped map with no water. All that's in it is a giant toy train that travels in a big circle and a few giant blocks to hide behind. You can jump onto the train at any time, but no matter what you do, the train will never be stopped. Even if a Steelix tries to stop it, the train will just push it along. The soil is good for digging, but you cannot dig up the train tracks, lest the stage will crumble into nothing. Also, you can earthquake, but it won't do a thing to the train or the tracks. That's one tough train!
Accepting. So it's a giant toy train the size of a real train? I want one!

All abilities, no items.

Leethoof hungers for battle!! Open Challenge

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ (I've got vacation in 2 weeks, so its quick) 2 Day for ref
No recoveries or chills (leethoof no likey stall)
Arena: A rolling boulder, like in Indiana Jones, but on top of it. It is a very big boulder (about 25x25 of usable space), and pokemon can fall off (up to the ref's discretion on how much damage/how they get pushed off). If a pokemon falls off, they will take x damage and are rolled right up to the top, somewhat flattened. Earthquake, earth power, magnitude, bulldoze, dig, surf, muddy water all banned because there it would destroy the boulder.

Unevolved mons only

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING DECK KNIGHT

For as long as Diamond and Pearl have been out, a great rivalry has existed between the clans of Combee and Nincada. As their battles raged, Ninjask kings hiding in the forest as Vespiquen guard their hives, the Burmy clan, a third, neutral clan, looked on, hearing the forest around them filled with a cacophony of battling bugs.

Yesterday, a member of the Burmy clan was found dead, in the blood of a Combee and a Nincada. The clan was split in three; the Plant-Cloaks chose the side of the Combee, the Trash-Cloaks choosing the side of the Nincada. The Sandy-cloaks, who remained neutral, came up with a solution to keep the tribe together-each side would send out a champion of their race, and a Sandy Cloak Burmy would accompany each as a second. They would then duel to the finish...

2vs2 Doubles

DQ: 3 Days
Restricted Moves: Anything a Nincada, Burmy, or Combee can't learn! 5 chills max.

Arena: Eterna Forest
A big forest with lots of bugs, with skies always clouded and where time seems to stand perfectly still. Buneary and Gastly sit around in the shadows, and trainers trying to evolve their Eevees into Leafeon are an occasional sight.
I'll accept your challenge, but I must warn you by the end of it you'll have to bugger off! Now we just need a ref...

All Abilities
Switch = Lewl
No Items

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Leethoof
Leethoof hungers for battle!! Open Challenge

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ (I've got vacation in 2 weeks, so its quick) 2 Day for ref
No recoveries or chills (leethoof no likey stall)
Arena: A rolling boulder, like in Indiana Jones, but on top of it. It is a very big boulder (about 25x25 of usable space), and pokemon can fall off (up to the ref's discretion on how much damage/how they get pushed off). If a pokemon falls off, they will take x damage and are rolled right up to the top, somewhat flattened. Earthquake, earth power, magnitude, bulldoze, dig, surf, muddy water all banned because there it would destroy the boulder.

Unevolved mons only
Accepting.

No items
All abilities
Switch = impossible

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
3 Day DQ Time
Arena: Opponent's Choice.

No one wants to fight with Its_A_Random? Well I'll be...Bump.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging auramaster
4v4 doubles
36 hour DQ, double for ref
2/5
Arena: <Destiny_Warrior> CHIEF CHILLY CHALLENGE
Occasionally, Chill Bullies will use various Ice and Dark attacks on the participants (15% chance per battler, any offensive Ice or Dark move can be selected) from 3/3 offensive stats.

Ok well it seems I've had someone pull out of the match that was to be starting soon, so I think I better throw out a challenge here.

3v3 Singles
48 hr DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok well it seems I've had someone pull out of the match that was to be starting soon, so I think I better throw out a challenge here.

3v3 Singles
48 hr DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.
I accept it

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO

ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
3 Day DQ Time
Arena: Opponent's Choice.

No one wants to fight with Its_A_Random? Well I'll be...Bump.
Never allow the opponent to choose the arena.

Switch = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
All abilities
No Items

Arena: Ice Canyon

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig is considered an Ice-type move; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. Ice-type moves cost 1 energy less to execute here.

Additionally, me and Deck need a ref for the doubles match.

Bumping. Any takers?

Ill drop my open chllenge to take this. =D

No items
one ability
switch = avada kadavra
Arena:

Lily Pad Lake: Deep in the Eterna Forest lies a serene lake topped with larger than life lily pads. If trainers aren’t battling you can see many different kinds of wild pokemon jumping and playing on the lily pads. All of the pads are roughly the same size (three feet long and wide) and are anchored to their spot. They also hold an incredible amount of weight; up to two hundred pounds! If anything heavier hits the lily pads they will sink. The pond itself is very shallow at the edges, but it gets as deep as thirty feet when you reach the center. For the battle all pokemon must be either in, on, or above the lake; a pokemon cannot walk around the lake or stay at its shore. The weather is lovely this time of year, but the tall canopy covers most sunlight, bathing the lake in cool shadows and trapping the mist. Summary: all pokemon must stay above, on, or in the lake. Lily pads will collapse if there is more than 200 pounds on it. Weather moves will fail. Dig will fail on lily pad, earthquake will break the lilypap your standing on, sinking you. *if you cant swim you will be teleported to another lilypad upon falling, and lose 10hp*

and now we only require a ref.

I have an open slot, so it's time for a battle in the Colosseum!
Arena: The Colosseum! (yes, the one in Rome). To make the battle more eventful, the emperor (ref) will unleash strong wild pokemon in the arena.
4v4 Doubles
2 heals, 5 chills

2v2 DOUBLES OPEN CHALLENGE
2 Recovers, 2 Rest uses, 5 chills
3-day DQ for all parties involved
Pokemon used may AT NO TIME be fully evolved. (Golbat? OK. Crobat? Uh-uh.)
Pokemon that don't evolve (i.e. Aerodactyl, Zangoose) may be used.

ARENA: Lilycove Art Museum, Post-Apocalypse

A level, open, 40x40-foot gallery lined with art. Since everyone's picked up a DSi or 3DS and moved to Sinnoh, nobody will notice if we touch the exhibits...well, we can't, because they're under the protection of a Chimecho's Safeguard. However, this Chimecho has grown bored in the abscence of patrons, and she has charmed the paintings so that attacks can pull water, rocks, branches, and whatnot from the frames.

WE NEED A REF.

2v2 DOUBLES OPEN CHALLENGE
2 Recovers, 2 Rest uses, 5 chills
3-day DQ for all parties involved
Pokemon used may AT NO TIME be fully evolved. (Golbat? OK. Crobat? Uh-uh.)
Pokemon that don't evolve (i.e. Aerodactyl, Zangoose) may be used.

ARENA: Lilycove Art Museum, Post-Apocalypse

A level, open, 40x40-foot gallery lined with art. Since everyone's picked up a DSi or 3DS and moved to Sinnoh, nobody will notice if we touch the exhibits...well, we can't, because they're under the protection of a Chimecho's Safeguard. However, this Chimecho has grown bored in the abscence of patrons, and she has charmed the paintings so that attacks can pull water, rocks, branches, and whatnot from the frames.
I'll accept this,
Switch = impossible
All abilities
no items

Aether is looking for his first full-power 1v1 throwdown.

1v1 Singles
- 1-day DQ
- no recoveries or chills
- Pokemon used MUST be Fire-type or Dragon-type, or Aether will refuse to test his strength against them.

Arena: Mount Chimney in Hoenn

Aether's old training grounds from his younger days. Features include:
- Abundant rocky material and solid ground, but the earth is very rocky and takes a great deal of energy to Dig through.
- The volcano's natural heat makes Fire attacks more potent, and water attacks less potent. Fire-type moves are boosted by 3 and Water-type moves are reduced by 3 (applied the same way as Sunny Day, does not stack with Sunny Day if the move comes into effect, though it DOES counteract the boosts of Rain).
- At the end of every round, the volcano has a 25% chance of erupting-- causing both combatants to be hit by the volcano's spewage. The volcano's fury is treated as a Fire-type, physical attack with base power 7, which ignores base stats (other multipliers like resistance and stat boosts still apply).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)