Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a 2v2 Singles match
2 rests, 5 recovers
1st stage mons only (pokemon who evolve from a baby pokemon may however be used, with the exception of Snorlax). Pokemon that cannot evolve MAY NOT be used.
Arena: Tesla Laboratories

Tesla Laboratories is one of the foremost electrical research facilities in the known world. As such, almost everything here is electrifyingly cool! A giant tesla coil stands in the middle of the arena, unleashing electricity at the end of every round, with an initial 40% chance of striking any given mon. After the fifth round, this chance increases to 60%.
Damage is as follows:
Equivalent to Spark (15%)
Equivalent to Shock Wave (30%)
Equivalent to Discharge (30%)
Equivalent to Thunderbolt (15%)
Equivalent to Thunder (10%)
Furthermore, all electric attacks cost 1 less energy (2 less if the BP is over 10) and have their BP raised by 1. All Steel attacks also cost 1 less energy (regardless of BP) and have BP raised by 1.

I'll take the above for Solstice, since I'm no longer needed for deadfox vs Engineer Pikachu. PM teams.

Also, last call on subref applications for myself vs undisputed before I just cancel the match outright. It's a 2v2 Doubles and can be found here.

I challenge Kingofburgerz!!

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ, 2 for ref
Arena:
"I'm on a boat" - a boat with flip flops and dolphins. Earthquake, dig, magnitude, bulldoze may not be used. Surf can. Getting knocked off the boat can may cause damage or hinder the actions of non-water types. Up to ref on how all this is reffed specifically

I'll take the above for Solstice, since I'm no longer needed for deadfox vs Engineer Pikachu. PM teams.

Also, last call on subref applications for myself vs undisputed before I just cancel the match outright. It's a 2v2 Doubles and can be found here.
I... I'll tell you what... I'll take this one if you'll consider maybe reffing the challenge that I have posted on the last page. That is, it'd be cool if you could, but if you can't then no big deal. xD So... do I just come post in the thread then, or what?

mewtw015026 said:
2v2 DOUBLES OPEN CHALLENGE
2 Recovers, 2 Rest uses, 5 chills
3-day DQ for all parties involved
Pokemon used may AT NO TIME be fully evolved. (Golbat? OK. Crobat? Uh-uh.)
Pokemon that don't evolve (i.e. Aerodactyl, Zangoose) may be used.

ARENA: Lilycove Art Museum, Post-Apocalypse

A level, open, 40x40-foot gallery lined with art. Since everyone's picked up a DSi or 3DS and moved to Sinnoh, nobody will notice if we touch the exhibits...well, we can't, because they're under the protection of a Chimecho's Safeguard. However, this Chimecho has grown bored in the abscence of patrons, and she has charmed the paintings so that attacks can pull water, rocks, branches, and whatnot from the frames.
I'll accept this,
Switch = impossible
All abilities
no items
WE NEED A REF.

We need a ref <3
Bumping. Any takers?
Ill drop my open chllenge to take this. =D

No items
one ability
switch = avada kadavra
Arena:

Lily Pad Lake: Deep in the Eterna Forest lies a serene lake topped with larger than life lily pads. If trainers aren’t battling you can see many different kinds of wild pokemon jumping and playing on the lily pads. All of the pads are roughly the same size (three feet long and wide) and are anchored to their spot. They also hold an incredible amount of weight; up to two hundred pounds! If anything heavier hits the lily pads they will sink. The pond itself is very shallow at the edges, but it gets as deep as thirty feet when you reach the center. For the battle all pokemon must be either in, on, or above the lake; a pokemon cannot walk around the lake or stay at its shore. The weather is lovely this time of year, but the tall canopy covers most sunlight, bathing the lake in cool shadows and trapping the mist. Summary: all pokemon must stay above, on, or in the lake. Lily pads will collapse if there is more than 200 pounds on it. Weather moves will fail. Dig will fail on lily pad, earthquake will break the lilypap your standing on, sinking you. *if you cant swim you will be teleported to another lilypad upon falling, and lose 10hp*

and now we only require a ref.

Accepting TravelLog since it appears my battle with Kaxtar will not occur for somewhat obvious reasons.

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities

LET'S DO THIS.

Sure, banryu, I'll take your 1v1. I assume you guys don't really need to PM teams, since it's your Charizard versus Leet's Altaria if I've read correctly, I'll have it up ASAP.

And yeah, I think you just need to ref the next round and post that you've taken the job up.

Very well then.

I'm taking this match. I hope I don't need the original 2 posts but if needed I can dig through for them. e___@

I'll ref Pikapwnd and Shiny Umbreon. PM me teams. So you two know tho, I will be flying most of Friday, so I probably won't be able to update that day. Otherwise np.

Let's try this again and hope to get active people.

OPEN CHALLENGE
1v1v1v1 (4 Trainer Free-for-All with 1 Poke each)
DQ: 3 days
First signup decides recoveries/chills
Second decides abilities
Third decides items
Arena: Fountain of Dreams

A fountain filled with water with platforms rising on geysers. As this is shallow water, there is no digging. If you fall off the edge, you are teleported to the center of the stage with no HP/energy loss. Obviously there is water enough for any type of water move (but no bonus power to water type attacks).

To help prevent ganging up on one player, you are not allowed to attack the same player with consecutive actions (you must always change your target).
Lowest evolution possible for a poke! (Dratini, Embirch, Pichu, etc)

I have an open slot, so it's time for a battle in the Colosseum!
Arena: The Colosseum! (yes, the one in Rome). To make the battle more eventful, the emperor (ref) will unleash strong wild pokemon in the arena.
4v4 Doubles
2 heals, 5 chills
I'll accept this

no switching
no items
one ability

Still after a ref for this one

deadfox081 said:
3v3 Singles
48 hr DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.
Frosty said:
I accept it

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO

Y'know what, special challenge time. (also, Its_A_Random and I need a ref.)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.

As much as I want to accept Tort's offer, to do so I would have to take the role of "past" self because of the first-stage Pokemon I just got. So I'll just make a challenge of my own.

2vs2 Doubles
2 Recovers, infinite chills (cause I'm cool like that)
Arena: Cyberspace

Similarly how we created Porygon from the depths of this odd parallel man-made universe, now we have discovered means of entering it, body and soul. I was the one to discover the secrets of entering cyberspace and has shaped out my own corner of it to tweak however I want. Now me and my first guest will have the first battle in this realm! The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

In addition, I've put a limit onto the battlefield for this match: the rarity value of each side cannot exceed 5, (though usually 4 in practice) and each side must only consist of first-stage Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)