Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a strange open challenge, but I am trying to build up my RC. I am looking for two people who want to compete in this match that I will ref:

6v6 Doubles
3 Day DQ for players, 4 for the ref (me)
0 Recoveries, 2 Chills
The tournament arena.

This match was custom tailored for what I was willing to ref and get me some good counters, but it should still be interesting for the competitors. Also, the first person to accept plays the role of the seeker (sending out Pokemon first, actions second), the second person being the challenger (sends Pokemon out second, gives actions first). I will also allow the seeker to choose rules for abilities and items, but switch will be KO.
bumping this

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, first CAP ASB match, as such this is a Beginner Battle

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side: 1
Chooses Match Type (Singles/Doubles/Triples): singles
Chooses Disqualification (DQ) Time: 3 days
Chooses Restricted Moves: no restrictions
Chooses Arena: umm, Final Destination I guess
Sends Out Pokemon First: Me i guess

Hopefully i can get a ref who can walk me through this.

Alright, first CAP ASB match, as such this is a Beginner Battle

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side: 1
Chooses Arena: umm, Final Destination I guess
Sends Out Pokemon First: Me i guess

Hopefully i can get a ref who can walk me through this.
i accept your challenge!
switch=KO
one ability
no items

i just got a new addition to my team so this will be perfect :)
we just need a ref now

Now that i am back, I am looking for a battle.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ for players, 3 Day DQ for ref
Arena: A large house with plenty of space to battle. The house consists of many household items often found. It includes stuff like a bathroom/bedroom/kitchen etc.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, second (first was a huge rush) CAP ASB match, as such this is a Beginner Battle

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side: 2
Chooses Arena: Cerulean Gym
Sends Out Pokemon First: Me

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that i am back, I am looking for a battle.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ for players, 3 Day DQ for ref
Arena: A large house with plenty of space to battle. The house consists of many household items often found. It includes stuff like a bathroom/bedroom/kitchen etc.
I'll take this

all abilities
no items
switch=gk only

any ideas on what pokemon you want to limit?

Alright, second (first was a huge rush) CAP ASB match, as such this is a Beginner Battle

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side: 2
Chooses Arena: Cerulean Gym
Sends Out Pokemon First: Me
I'mma take you on!!!

Switch= KO
Abilities: one
Items: none

All that's left is a ref

Texas Cloverleaf

Awesome, now we just need a ref. (battle probably won't conclude until tomorrow, 10:30 ish here)

If Steampowered is fine with waiting then IAR is our ref. If he's not, we still need a ref.
Either way if anyone wants to ref the battle sooner than later your welcome to it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

Bump.
EDIT: Will ref Texas vs. Steampowered if they're willing to wait a couple of days first.

I know this is a strange open challenge, but I am trying to build up my RC. I am looking for two people who want to compete in this match that I will ref:

6v6 Doubles
3 Day DQ for players, 4 for the ref (me)
0 Recoveries, 2 Chills
The tournament arena.

This match was custom tailored for what I was willing to ref and get me some good counters, but it should still be interesting for the competitors. Also, the first person to accept plays the role of the seeker (sending out Pokemon first, actions second), the second person being the challenger (sends Pokemon out second, gives actions first). I will also allow the seeker to choose rules for abilities and items, but switch will be KO.
I think the reason that people aren't accepting this is because they have to put in six Pokemon (and I don't think most people have six good Pokemon yet), so I will change this to a 4v4 doubles instead.

Okay Ima try again for a battle (It will be my first one and therefore a beginner battle)
3v3 singles
DQ: 3 days
Arena: Either the Whitehouse, Beaver Creek from Halo or Battlefield from SSBB. The opposition can have their pick.

Beaver Creek:

Battlefield:

Okay Ima try again for a battle (It will be my first one and therefore a beginner battle)
3v3 singles
DQ: 3 days
Arena: Either the Whitehouse, Beaver Creek from Halo or Battlefield from SSBB. The opposition can have their pick.
I'm also gunna take this one

Arena: The Whithouse
Switch: KO
Items: none
Abilities: one

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm 1v1ing Darkamber8828, she's using Milotic I'm using Snorlax.

To quicken the process I'm posting everything here. U'm also attacking first.

1v1
Singles
2 Recoveries/5 chills
All Abilities
No Items
Switch = KO

I think the reason that people aren't accepting this is because they have to put in six Pokemon (and I don't think most people have six good Pokemon yet), so I will change this to a 4v4 doubles instead.
I guess I'll do this. *shrug*

PS: I wouldn't mind 6v6 triples. It'll be a nightmare to ref, but could be fun LOL. And it would go by quicker than 6v6 doubles.
....hoping no one else takes it for a bit, I'm waiting to finish reffing some matches and redeem some counters for a few more moves and stuff first. xP

Who is up for some doubles action
2v2 doubles
3 day DQ
Arena: Shipwreck Cove - Many abandoned ships loe around. Can be used as cover for pokemon. Sharp Rocks encompasse the cove doing Damage if touched (ref's discretion). Cove is 10m radius - Water 7.5m, Beach 2.5m. Very Stormy. Eternal Rain. at the end of each round there is a chance of Thunder
10% Thunder
30% Thunderbolt
60% Thundershock
these will strike pokemon determined by RNG and if they hit a mon in the water ALL poke's in the water will take 1/2 damage from it as well. No seismic activity but the sand can be dug through and the water can be dove under
Also Non Evolved mons only

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^^reffing. PM teams and i'll make sure to wait until you're approved, DFrog, to start the match.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge to anyone not called Destiny Warrior!

1v1
3 day DQ
0 heal/0 chill
Arena: Temple of (no) Destiny (Warrior)
There are small columns surrounding the area. If a user called Destiny Warrior enters the arena, he will be struck by lightning, smashed by falling columns, eaten by hyenas, crushed by meteors, consumed by mythological creatures, and slapped by girls. There is no escape for him.
To recap:
- no Destiny Warrior
- no Destiny Warrior
- and no Destiny Warrior
Note: I am using my Haunter and I hope I don't get countered!

THIS IS FOR REAL!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge to anyone not called Destiny Warrior!

1v1
3 day DQ
0 heal/0 chill
Arena: Temple of (no) Destiny (Warrior)
There are small columns surrounding the area. If a user called Destiny Warrior enters the arena, he will be struck by lightning, smashed by falling columns, eaten by hyenas, crushed by meteors, consumed by mythological creatures, and slapped by girls. There is no escape for him.
To recap:
- no Destiny Warrior
- no Destiny Warrior
- and no Destiny Warrior
Note: I am using my Haunter and I hope I don't get countered!
Is this serious?

If yes, me and my Duclohm will take it.

Switch = lol
No items
1 Ability

If not...erm...carry on.

You'd better be lucky...

Posting my FINAL beginner battle for sure, Feel free to tweak the arena if you think it's overpowered.

Open Challenge
4 VS 4 Doubles
2 day DQ time
3 recoveries, 3 chills per Pokemon for my generosity, just don't overpower me! (i.e.: using super effective moves all on one Pokemon or for the whole round, make it fair, alternate sometimes at least!; chill for the whole round or twice in one round)
Arena (feel free to tweak around!):
Dawn Stadium

Each Grass-type Pokemon has 2 extra recovery moves to the restrictions. Each Water-type Pokemon has 2 Extra Chills to the restrictions. When a chill occurs, that Pokemon:
  • Recovers 15% Energy or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 20%, 24%, 30%, or in a 2% chance, 75% on the ref's discretion, energy instead of 12%
  • Recovers from one major Status Problem or, for Grass and Water-Type Pokemon, All status problems, including minor, negative Status effects and, in a 5% chance, Stat reductions
  • Recovers 5, 10, or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 15, 20, 25, or in a 2% chance, all HP on the ref's discretion.
Also, no evolved or single-staged pokemon allowed.
EDIT: Adding a separate semi-Beginner battle in case the arena is too complex or unfair, but I can only Keep one, will edit when I see a challenger:
Tortferngatr said:
"9v9" Doubles, technically 3v3 Doubles with three iterations of each Pokemon.
2 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Click on (something like) "Last edited by <user>" if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)