Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump

Posting my FINAL beginner battle for sure, Feel free to tweak the arena if you think it's overpowered.

Open Challenge
4 VS 4 Doubles
2 day DQ time
3 recoveries, 3 chills per Pokemon for my generosity, just don't overpower me! (i.e.: using super effective moves all on one Pokemon or for the whole round, make it fair, alternate sometimes at least!; chill for the whole round or twice in one round)
Arena (feel free to tweak around!):
Dawn Stadium

Each Grass-type Pokemon has 2 extra recovery moves to the restrictions. Each Water-type Pokemon has 2 Extra Chills to the restrictions. When a chill occurs, that Pokemon:
  • Recovers 15% Energy or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 20%, 24%, 30%, or in a 2% chance, 75% on the ref's discretion, energy instead of 12%
  • Recovers from one major Status Problem or, for Grass and Water-Type Pokemon, All status problems, including minor, negative Status effects and, in a 5% chance, Stat reductions
  • Recovers 5, 10, or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 15, 20, 25, or in a 2% chance, all HP on the ref's discretion.
Also, no evolved or single-staged pokemon allowed.
EDIT: Adding a separate semi-Beginner battle in case the arena is too complex or unfair, but I can only Keep one, will edit when I see a challenger:
Tortferngatr said:
"9v9" Doubles, technically 3v3 Doubles with three iterations of each Pokemon.
2 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Click on (something like) "Last edited by <user>" if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your Pokemon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each Pokemon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
Bumping, I know it's been 2 hours or so...I just want at least a challenger, sorry for being impatient, mods.

Tortferngatr said:
2 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Click on (something like) "Last edited by <user>" if you can't find it.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each Pokemon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
Awaiting Challenger...

Requesting a 3v3 singles match.
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, Infinite Chills
Arena: The Park
This is the park that Spenstar and his family used to go to for fun... when he still had a family. But enough about him. This park has everything you'd expect in a park. A playground, a nice grassy field for battling, and kids! The kids will be watching the battle intently; they're always excited to see some action! Keep in mind though, that these are kids, and also keep in mind where you are. Only 1st stage Pokemon are allowed in this battlefield, and earth-shaking moves and surf are banned. Rock moves aren't banned though, as there are rocks in the park to use. Weather would be banned, but Spenstar's Revenankh (Grave) is with the kids, and will use Air Lock to keep all weather effects from harming the kids. Finally, whenever a Pokemon KOs another Pokemon, it'll receive cheers from the kids, and the motivation from this will restore 10 HP and energy.

You got it. I'll be offline most of the day anyway, so the challenge acceptor would have to wait on me. Now all we need is a patient ref! xD

edit: I see you just got approved, so we're all set! all we need is a ref!

I'll ref you. PM me your teams. I may not post the battle until later tonight though, and I won't be that active tomorrow either, but after that I'll be a quite active ref.

I'll ref Spenstar vs Texas Cloverleaf. PM me your teams of 3.

I would also like to issue a challenge:

EDIT: Withdrawing this challenge

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE
2 vs. 2 Doubles
DQ: 48 hours/72 ref
Arena: A big open field where everything goes and nothing is special.
Other rules: basic stage, evolvable Pokemon only, please. It's training time.

I know this is a strange open challenge, but I am trying to build up my RC. I am looking for two people who want to compete in this match that I will ref:

6v6 Doubles
3 Day DQ for players, 4 for the ref (me)
0 Recoveries, 2 Chills
The tournament arena.

This match was custom tailored for what I was willing to ref and get me some good counters, but it should still be interesting for the competitors. Also, the first person to accept plays the role of the seeker (sending out Pokemon first, actions second), the second person being the challenger (sends Pokemon out second, gives actions first). I will also allow the seeker to choose rules for abilities and items, but switch will be KO.
Banryu said that he would be willing to do either 4v4 Doubles or 6v6 Triples. Therefore, this is either going to be a 4v4 Doubles or a 6v6 Triples (not both, preferably 6v6 Triples if anyone is willing to do that).

OPEN CHALLENGE
2 vs. 2 Doubles
DQ: 48 hours/72 ref
Arena: A big open field where everything goes and nothing is special.
Other rules: basic stage, evolvable Pokemon only, please. It's training time.
Accepting

Items = Off
All Abilities
Switch = Insta-lose
5 chills/3 recoveries

I know this is a strange open challenge, but I am trying to build up my RC. I am looking for two people who want to compete in this match that I will ref:

6v6 Doubles
3 Day DQ for players, 4 for the ref (me)
0 Recoveries, 2 Chills
The tournament arena.

This match was custom tailored for what I was willing to ref and get me some good counters, but it should still be interesting for the competitors. Also, the first person to accept plays the role of the seeker (sending out Pokemon first, actions second), the second person being the challenger (sends Pokemon out second, gives actions first). I will also allow the seeker to choose rules for abilities and items, but switch will be KO.
I guess I'll do this. *shrug*

PS: I wouldn't mind 6v6 triples. It'll be a nightmare to ref, but could be fun LOL. And it would go by quicker than 6v6 doubles.
....hoping no one else takes it for a bit, I'm waiting to finish reffing some matches and redeem some counters for a few more moves and stuff first. xP
Accepting the 6v6 triples. I have some mons to train, so at most one FE mon per team, OK?

"Time-Bump"

Tortferngatr said:
2 days DQ

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Click on"Last edited by <Your username>" if you can't find it.

Awaiting Challenger...
"Time Bumping" (Included the word "time" Because This post will probably be on the same page anyway).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Given that neither of my matches are likely to start soon I'll set an open challenge.
3v3 singles
DQ: 3days
Arena: Dragonspiral Tower

Technically I could call this a beginner battle but I'm not fussy. I'll have all NFE's so just pick something reasonable if you accept.

P.S. Most of my posts will come from my phone which lacks the ability to PM. If a ref takes this and asks for the team, I would like to refer you to my registration page on the last (second last?) page of the thread. I will be using the three mons not named Feebas.

Tortferngatr said:
2 days DQ

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Click on "Last edited by <Your username>" if you can't find it.

Awaiting Challenger...
"Time Bumping" again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)