Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rotom-C could set up on those bulky waters, since it 4x resists it?

Just a thought.
1) Rotom-C 2x resists it, not 4x.
2) Rotom-C's only set-up move is Charge Beam, which isn't that great anyway.
3) They wouldn't stay in as it sets up, for fear of Leaf Storm.
4) Rotom-C has a deathly fear of Toxic, so it'll have to be careful switching in.
6) Every Pokemon gets beaten by something. For example, Rotom-W beats Excadrill. Doesn't mean that Excadrill isn't a fantastic Pokemon.
7) They aren't even they only ones beaten. Rotom-C beats almost all Water-types in the tier.

This is pretty fun.

Setting aside all the vicious attackers like Sharpedo, Yanmega, and Venomoth, Cresselia is a ridiculously bulky wall. Once you eliminate those three Pokemon, it can more or less stall out entire teams.

Ok, so I used my lulzy idea of abusing Quiver Dance Masquerain. To my surprise, it didn't suck. I've actually gotten a couple sweeps today with it, and a few successful Baton Passes- which then turned into sweeps.

It's obviously not as good as Venemoth, but Masquerain is a legit RU Pokemon.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My question is whether this will actually get enough usage to deserve being a tier.
Actually, my question is whether NU after this will deserve being a tier.
:/

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I consider it a joke that The Moth is in RU tier. It's MVP on every single one of my teams and does some dangerous shit even in OU. Wise up, UUers.

I am looking forward to this tier. Sometimes I get into a more relaxed mood and OU and even UU are a little too fast paced. Have to agree, Quiver Dance is going to mess stuff up though.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I consider it a joke that The Moth is in RU tier. It's MVP on every single one of my teams and does some dangerous shit even in OU. Wise up, UUers.
Only reason it didn't make the UU cut was because every time Venomoth came in, some scarfer in the sun spammed Fire moves all over your team.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
I've been finding that CM Clefable is working really well so far. It walls a lot of Special Attackers after a boost or two.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
This will be great. Initial thoughts on seeing the banlist:

1. Smashpass, if barely broken in UU, will have a field day with Venomoth, Lilligant, Sharpedo, Smeargle, etc.

2. Hail will work similarly to 4th gen UU, which means very well.

3. Cresselia needs to GTFO as it walls most of the tier.

Can't wait to see everyone on the ladder!

Personally, if unreleased DWs are allowed, I prefer Sheer Force Feraligatr. One turn of DDing and you are set to sweep, 6-0, which is what I did to a guy on my first RU battle

MMF

Well Claydol isn't great but its not bad. THats who I've been testing

Claydol is weak to Bug and Water and Dark and Grass.

In other words: Claydol is weak to the best sweepers in the meta.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While I feel that this tier is a lot of fun, I think we should continue to focus on UU as much as possible. Remember, this tier will be quickly changing with the UU drop-outs. Solidifying UU will allow for a much more enjoyable RU in the future. Let's ensure that that happens.

And honestly, I feel comfortable with Snover in RU. The team that uses it faces a huge risk. Snover will die to many common attacks, which leaves your entire Hail-centered team open to loosing their key advantage by Sunny Day or Rain Dance. While Snover certainly has benefits, it is easily kept in check.

Thanks a lot for making this tier, R_D!

Finally a tier where weather has little-to-no presence!

Hope the testing starts soon so we can weed out Cresselia, Smeargle, Gorebyss, and Huntail!

EDIT: Hope the server can automatically put me into the RU tier soon! Everytime I log in with my RU team, it places me into UU. >_>

Looks interesting, I might try a fun team of this before it settles. A good I dea would be to list the uu pokemon that aren't alowed in alphabetical order so it is easier to find them

Finally a tier that's not obsessed with weather. I'm gonna try out Tropius, Sharpedo, Clefable and other cool pokes. Oh and I'll probably need to slap a Scarf/Specs Eruption Typhlosion on my team to eat up any Hail teams.

With Cresselia, Ursaring, Rhyperior, Slowking and Dusknoir and friends, this could be the Trick Room Tier!

MMF

Claydol is weak to Bug and Water and Dark and Grass.

In other words: Claydol is weak to the best sweepers in the meta.

Yeah, good luck with that.
I didn't say it was going to work. I just said I would test it but yeah I came to the same conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)