Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scold ZroAsh for this quote, not me! :P

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each Pokemon.
2 days DQ (4 for the ref)
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: Challenger's Choice; any Sci-Fi arena with a water source is fine.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each Pokemon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your Pokemon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
4 VS 4 doubles
2 Day DQ, 4 for refs
Arena: Pokemon Musical Stage
The battle takes place on the stage. Sometimes, the audience (members not involved in the battle) will throw from Arm and Ear+Body props to the players, from the following (if you see an attack name, please refer to the Data Audit thread):

• Blue Flower: Boosts STAB Moves by 20% thrice (three times).
  • Red Flower: Boosts Critical hit rate by 2 in a pinch (under 25% of max HP) once.
  • Small Barrette: Grants the holder a three-round use Technician ability
  • Gorgeous Flower: Makes move combos 0 priority instead of -2 Priority (right?).
  • Pink Barrette: Boosts holder's Psychic-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Blue Barrette: Boosts holder's Water-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Red Barrette: Boosts holder's Fire-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Green Barrette: Boosts holder's Grass-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Snow Crystal: Boosts holder's Ice-type BAP by 2 thrice.
  • Electric Guitar: Hyper Voice
  • Toy Cutlass: Sacred Sword
  • Toy Sword: Secret Sword
  • Rigid Shield: Raises Defense and Special Defense by 6 -1 after damage is taken in the action
  • Mallet: Hammer Arm
  • Shuriken: Special Faint Attack BAP +4
  • Standing Mike: Chatter
  • Microphone: Relic Song
  • Bouquet: Aromatherapy
  • Trident: (Randomly) Physical/Special Charge Beam
  • Magic Wand: Telekinesis
  • Trumpet: Normal-type Snarl
These items will become the Pokemon's held item, even if Items = off and if the Pokemon already has an item. A pokemon can only have 1 Prop at a time. If an audience member throws a prop to you while your pokemon still has one, you'll decline it, no matter what. Sorry! Command for using a prop: <Prop> + <action> [@<target pokemon>] (if it's a self-targeting or wide-targeting prop, ignore what's inside brackets)
Female, non fully evolved Pokemon only, any moves that are going to break the stage or harm the audience is not permitted (i.e.: Earthquake, Dig, Bulldoze).
[/QUOTE]
2 + 2 VS 2 + 2 Multi Battle
3 day DQ (4 for ref)
5 recovery moves/8 chills
Arena: BURST Arena
Since this is manga, this battle, everything is Black and White. An abnormal battle, since it's you battling, not your Pokemon (see for yourself: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burst)! You are given 2 mystery Burst Hearts, containing any legendary Pokemon (all moves, pre-defined nature unless you have 5 total losses or more), only if your record has ("record advantage" system: losses minus wins equals total losses):

• 3 total losses = 2 Random from all usable (not uber) (don't send this to the ref)
  • 4 total losses = 2 Random from all including ubers (don't send this to the ref)
  • 5 total losses or more = Your choice (send this to the ref)
  • Otherwise, you seal two of your own Pokemon in two empty Burst Hearts (send this to the ref)
Don't worry about this
Bulbapedia said:
It is stated that in order to use Burst, one must go through rigorous training or else their life will be in danger if they attempt it.
, this is just online stuff, it won't affect real life. The arena itself is standard, All moves allowed.
Bulbapedia said:
When Burst is activated, any user will have their physical traits increased. Whatever abilities the user will get depends on the type of Pokémon used to combine
This means that you gain all information on that Pokemon, if it's an uber, search for it if possible. :P Also, there will be a backup self. Once your first self is KO'd, your "soul" switches to your backup self. Finally, sorry if this kind of battle is a rule-breaker or unfair...LOL.
1st chooses Switch = KO or OK
2nd chooses how many Abilities
3rd chooses Items
P.S.: Here's a reason I chose this kind of challenge: I am a fan of Pokemon ReBURST, the manga.
Time-bump...Or not (just a bump, it ended up on page 105, not 104, where the original post is)! LOL
Is everyone ignoring me?

i think it's time to treat myself to another battle!
4vs4 singles
Battlers 1DQ/Refs 2DQ
Arena:The Obsidian Badlands!

Obsidian Badlands
One of the harshest places out there, the Obsidian Badlands used to be a chain of volcanoes. One day a Heatran erupted from its slumber underneath the volcanoes. Enraged for some unknown reason, the Heatran released an explosive amount of power. The beast channeled the power through its home, and without warning all of the Volcanoes burst open, lava and flames searing the surface. Water types from near and far quickly extinguished the lava, hardening it to the point of transformation. Because of the rapid cooling the lava became obsidian, a black glassy rock. Also the lava went everywhere, so area is coated here and there with thick plates or spikes of obsidian.​

The black rock gives the already daunting place a dark demeanor, and only the most fearless of trainers train and battle here. In the center of this craggy place is Obsidian Pillar, the only remains of the largest volcano. Its sheer size disheartens the bravest pokemon, and its sharp edges and spikes could fall onto unsuspecting victims at anytime. The weather here is always stormy, though it only rains once every few months. Because of this the place is always in a severe drought. The ground is able to be dug up, but you must be careful; the obsidian is unsteady in some places.
Summary: Weather is always stormy, though it rarely rains. Rain, sandstorms, and hail can be summoned. Digging and using earthquake is ok, but at your own risk.

NOTE: if you accept this please tell me how many times you can get on ASB everyday. the reason is i leave to go to my job next friday (the 17th), and i have no computer access there, at all. i will not be on ASB for most of the beginning of summer (i live at my workplace, where theres no computer). if you accept and you dont get on ASB alot, i might make the match 3vs3 or 2vs2, so that we can finish and i don't have to cancel the match. however if you get on alot we should be fine. thank you :)

i think it's time to treat myself to another battle!
4vs4 singles
Battlers 1DQ/Refs 2DQ
Arena:The Obsidian Badlands!

Obsidian Badlands
One of the harshest places out there, the Obsidian Badlands used to be a chain of volcanoes. One day a Heatran erupted from its slumber underneath the volcanoes. Enraged for some unknown reason, the Heatran released an explosive amount of power. The beast channeled the power through its home, and without warning all of the Volcanoes burst open, lava and flames searing the surface. Water types from near and far quickly extinguished the lava, hardening it to the point of transformation. Because of the rapid cooling the lava became obsidian, a black glassy rock. Also the lava went everywhere, so area is coated here and there with thick plates or spikes of obsidian.​

The black rock gives the already daunting place a dark demeanor, and only the most fearless of trainers train and battle here. In the center of this craggy place is Obsidian Pillar, the only remains of the largest volcano. Its sheer size disheartens the bravest pokemon, and its sharp edges and spikes could fall onto unsuspecting victims at anytime. The weather here is always stormy, though it only rains once every few months. Because of this the place is always in a severe drought. The ground is able to be dug up, but you must be careful; the obsidian is unsteady in some places.​

Summary: Weather is always stormy, though it rarely rains. Rain, sandstorms, and hail can be summoned. Digging and using earthquake is ok, but at your own risk.​

NOTE: if you accept this please tell me how many times you can get on ASB everyday. the reason is i leave to go to my job next friday (the 17th), and i have no computer access there, at all. i will not be on ASB for most of the beginning of summer (i live at my workplace, where theres no computer). if you accept and you dont get on ASB alot, i might make the match 3vs3 or 2vs2, so that we can finish and i don't have to cancel the match. however if you get on alot we should be fine. thank you :)​

This sounds amazing. I'm in.

All Abilities
No Items
2 recoveries/ 5 chills

And I can get on ASB practically all day.

Laharl and Lenneth travel to the center of the Battle Tower's forum, and Laharl makes a motion for everyone to quiet down the usual chaos of the area. Lenneth speaks first...

"Listen up, neophytes! Don't even attempt to respond to the challenge we're about to make, so you might as well just plug your eyes and ears and walk away!"

"We only feel the need to fight an experienced battler right now, so only apply if you have at least 4 usable Pokemon that have evolved."

"We'll meet atop the Cliffs of Pandaemonium (which are, conveniently, located just outside of town.) Accept our challenge, if you dare!

4v4 Singles-Evolved or Single Stage Pokemon Only
(i.e. Electrode=OK, Flaafy=OK, Maggyo=OK, Pichu=/=OK)
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
Arena:
An ominously named rock structure located near the peak of a great mountain (oddly named Mt. Sunshine), that has an infamous past. Apparently, a great Sorceror was once felled there and ever since, his spirit has haunted and cursed the area. More relevantly, a great many tourists get lost here every year and are never found (some say this is the curse), while the Murkrow and Vullaby families flock here to feast on the carrion littering the ground.
Important Facts:
-Perpetual Hazeblankets the area, reducing the vision (read Accuracy) of non-Ghost, non-Poison Pokemon that rely on sight. (Pokemon that can create Haze or Mist themselves are also unaffected.) The Haze can be blown away with great winds, but only temporarily (1 round.)
-There is enough water below the cliffs to summon Surf, but to do so would cost extra energy.
-The weather can be changed to either Rain or Hail.
-Large-Scale Attacks (Surf, Rock Slide, etc.) will annoy feeding Pokemon.

"Good luck to any challenger daring enough to accept this! Lenneth and I will be waiting..."

Yay just got approved! Looking for someone to help me kick things off:

Beginner Battle
3v3 singles
DQ Time 1 day/ref 2 day
Standard recovery/chills

Arena - Park
A basic park setting with a few trees spotting the field and temperate skies

Sorry if I'm slow or if I make a mistake or two, it'll be my first time so I'll be trying to get the hang of it.
Consider your challenge accepted.

Switch = KO
One Ability (I prefer to go with all, but I have the DW ability unlocked on one of my first-stage mons and this option will allow me to not use it, thus not breaking the beginner battle rules)
No Items

Being a flavor nut, I'd like to make a few purely aesthetical changes to the arena as well as a slight flavor backstory for my side of the battle. Sorry, I come from a community chock-full of RPs and backstory and interpretation, it's a subconcious thing fo rme xD and it'll make things more fun.

Arena Changes: The battlefield's at night, under a full moon and a starry sky. The moon and stars provide ample light so sight isn't a problem, and all moves legal in a daytime park are legal at night. Also, I assume there's no source for water for Surf, but EQ and similar moves are legal?

Spenstar just brutally lost a battle in the park he used to go to all those years ago, when his life wasn't completely messed up. The loss and the jeering from the little kids watching brought back painful memories of bullies who used to beat him in that same park and mock him. It also brought back memories of his sister, as the two used to work together to defeat the bullies, but now she's nothing short of evil and crazy. Overwhelmed by greif and frustration, a restless Spenstar walkes through the park at night, trying to let go of the old memories. That's when he saw Kalex and they began a battle; maybe this is what Spenstar needs to get better!
BUMP. We need a ref!

^
uuh, so sunny day is a no-no?
EDIT: Multi-ninja'd!

I'm going to set out my own Challenge!

Multi Battle! (2+2 vs 2+2)
Choice of Team (1st in best dressed)
2 Day DQ (3 for ref)
Arena: Minecraft!
Yes, Minecraft, the entire world is split up into 1 meter squares. The Day/Night Cycle is 2 rounds of Day, 1 round of Night, starting the battle at Noon in a Random Biome. (to read about the Bio's, visit here)
During the Night, Zombies, Giant Spiders, Skeletons and creepers will come out, Attacking anyone nearby...

...But it's not all Bad news, 3 other People will help out to build a small arena inside a Mountain (Slowly getting Larger) - but if you use Earthquake, the arena will collapse, killing 1 crafter, and making the arena building start again! (also will damage any pokemon in the arena)

The inside arena is constantly getting Larger, so on the second night Players will not be able to change between outside and inside, But EQ will no longer collapse the mountain...

Of course, there is a small chance that we will spawn in the Nether, and God help us if we do...
In the Nether, There are Zombie Pigmen constantly Roaming about, and attacking one of them will cause all Zombie pigmen (10 health each, 6 roaming around) to kill both players Pokemon, dealing 15 damage per action (IE 5 damage each) to both Pokemon until the end of the round
Ghasts will also have the chance of attacking You, with a 10% chance of being hit by a Fireball for 3 damage. (each action)
There is Lava near the Nether, so it is possible to fall in, given the circumstances.

on Round 1, a 0-10 roll is made, with result showing:
1. Rainforest - Nature Power = Seed Bomb
Arena ready round 2
Lots of Trees

2. Swamp - Nature Power = Muddy Water
Arena Ready round 2
Water is plentiful

3. Seasonal Forest
same as Rainforest, but not as many trees

4. Forest
same as above

5. Savannah - Seed Bomb for Nature Power, arena is Ready on round 3 (IE 1 round of monsters) - no arena collapsing
Monster chances increased by flat 5%

6. Shrubland - Same as Forest, but very little trees

7. Taiga - Nature Power = Blizzard(?)
Same as Forest

8. Desert
Same as Savannah, but Nature Power = EQ
Sandy ground, so digging is hard, as the ground will collapse on you

9. Plains
Same as Savannah

10. Tundra
Same as Savannah, but Nature Power = Blizzard
Fire attacks and grass Types slightly hampered due to the cold

at the start of round 2 (or round 3 in some Bio's) - The arena will be built, and Player's may choose to enter/leave it at the end of the round (no action cost, but happens at the end of the round) - you may move between the Arena during a round, but it will cost an action
There is no Arena in the Nether.
After round 5, the arena is so large, that it costs an action to enter/leave the arena regardless...

Arena - Stone Floor, so Nature Power = EQ and Digging imposssible without stone pickaxe (IE ground, rock or steel type
If not in Plains, Tundra, Desert or Savanna, EQ will collapse arena before round 5
After Round 5, Weather effects will work (always work in above mentioned bios) and Arena won't be collapsed
At the Beggining of every Round, Players may say if they will enter/exit the arena at the end of the round

The Nether - Dark in places, reducing Vision, but not near the Lava
Lava will quickly KO your Poke (33% of max hp lost each action)
Water Moves DO NOT WORK

during the Night, Monsters will spawn. No matter what Bio inside (besides Nether and Arena, where there is no "night")
All Monsters have 10hp, and are dark type
Skeleton - 50% chance of spawning during any action, will attack one Poke until the end of the round (if poke dies, it will switch targets) for 2 damage each action - Skeletons can't be killed except with ranged attacks
Zombie - same as Skeleton, but can be killed with any attack
Spider - same as Zombie, but 3 DPA, not 2
Creeper - 30% spawn chance each action, will deal 5 damage to both pokes and 10 damage to self, cannot be attacked except by ranged attacks
Spider Jockey - when a spider spawns, there is a 1% chance for a Skeleton to ride atop it... will deal 2 DPA to each poke until the end of the round cannot be killed

Nether Monsters
Monsters in the Nether do not spawn, they are always there, and do not leave. If they are killed or damaged, they are healed and re-spawned at the end of the round
Zombie Pigman - 5 DPA, always has allies, will not attack unless attacked
Ghast - 10% Chance to hit a poke for 5 damage, cannot be killed

ok, it's Complex, but nowhere near as hard as it seems... It's all about the ref's RNG rolls...

If any clarification is needed, VM or PM me pls... (ref or opponent)
If theres anything I missed, VM or PM me (even if ur not playing)

EDIT 1: - When accepting:

1st person chooses Abilities
2nd selects Items on/off
3rd chooses Switch KO/OK

hope the complexity doesn't make people hug creepers :S

lol Spenstar, I was talking about the Obsidian Badlands, that's when I started writing my post xD

regardless, I'll ref your Game in the Park Vs RagnarockAlex (or whatever his name is xD), but the DQ time will have to be 3 days for me, I'm a little slow at reffing, and have a few things to do...

Yay just got approved! Looking for someone to help me kick things off:

Beginner Battle
3v3 singles
DQ Time 1 day/ref 2 day
Standard recovery/chills

Arena - Park
A basic park setting with a few trees spotting the field and temperate skies

Sorry if I'm slow or if I make a mistake or two, it'll be my first time so I'll be trying to get the hang of it.
Consider your challenge accepted.

Switch = KO
One Ability (I prefer to go with all, but I have the DW ability unlocked on one of my first-stage mons and this option will allow me to not use it, thus not breaking the beginner battle rules)
No Items

Being a flavor nut, I'd like to make a few purely aesthetical changes to the arena as well as a slight flavor backstory for my side of the battle. Sorry, I come from a community chock-full of RPs and backstory and interpretation, it's a subconcious thing fo rme xD and it'll make things more fun.

Arena Changes: The battlefield's at night, under a full moon and a starry sky. The moon and stars provide ample light so sight isn't a problem, and all moves legal in a daytime park are legal at night. Also, I assume there's no source for water for Surf, but EQ and similar moves are legal?

Spenstar just brutally lost a battle in the park he used to go to all those years ago, when his life wasn't completely messed up. The loss and the jeering from the little kids watching brought back painful memories of bullies who used to beat him in that same park and mock him. It also brought back memories of his sister, as the two used to work together to defeat the bullies, but now she's nothing short of evil and crazy. Overwhelmed by greif and frustration, a restless Spenstar walkes through the park at night, trying to let go of the old memories. That's when he saw Kalex and they began a battle; maybe this is what Spenstar needs to get better!
me and Kalex need a ref
this game! ^_^

Wow, you really do have to quite tenacious if you want a Ref around here, don't you?

Let's try this out, but be gentle with me; this is my first time.

Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
3 chills, 1 Recovery
2 Day DQ

Arena; Easter Island Beach
Sun beaming down strongly on a Tropical island, large Moai (Giant stone faces) adorning the sand, emanating a strange power. Swells wash over the shoreline, warm swells rising up from sea and making flight easier. Soft sand weakens the power of Earthquake and Magnitude, but makes Digging easier.

Umm... Yeah. I'm fresh, so don't be too overpowering.
I can dig it.

All abilities
Items allowed
Switch OK :3
Come on guys, please?

I'll ref SimonSays vs Woobly Cabbage. PM me the teams.

OPEN CHALLENGE!
2v2 Singles
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Day DQ
Arena: Kokiri Forest
A small woodland with people, known as the Kokiri, living in tree trunks and tree houses. There is a stream flowing in the middle of the arena, and it is surrounded by grass, long grass, rocks small trees, and large trees.

I'll ref SimonSays vs Woobly Cabbage. PM me the teams.

OPEN CHALLENGE!
2v2 Singles
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Day DQ
Arena: Kokiri Forest
A small woodland with people, known as the Kokiri, living in tree trunks and tree houses. There is a stream flowing in the middle of the arena, and it is surrounded by grass, long grass, rocks small trees, and large trees.
I'll battle.
One Ability
No items
Switch=KO

lol Spenstar, I was talking about the Obsidian Badlands, that's when I started writing my post xD

regardless, I'll ref your Game in the Park Vs RagnarockAlex (or whatever his name is xD), but the DQ time will have to be 3 days for me, I'm a little slow at reffing, and have a few things to do...

this game! ^_^
Sounds great! I'll take a little while as well before I PM you my team, simply because I have to wait for my Prize Claim to get accepted.

Irony: when your beginner battle opponent is the ref of your next beginner battle xD expect the occasional reference to our battle in my RP-filled posts x)

Sounds great! I'll take a little while as well before I PM you my team, simply because I have to wait for my Prize Claim to get accepted.

Irony: when your beginner battle opponent is the ref of your next beginner battle xD expect the occasional reference to our battle in my RP-filled posts x)

haha, You don't have any of the same pokes as last battle, so I doubt it...

Also, for my Multi-battle, if you wan't to be on my team, look at my team (I'll update my prizes and stuff asap)

...indeed...

So, who's going to join in my battle? I still need 3 battlers and a ref!
come on! It'll be fun! You never know what you're gonna get.

Uh. Sending out a chellenge.

3 Day DQ
2v2 Singles
2 Recovery/5 Chills

Let's go to the MAGICAL place known as...

Yup, we're going to Think With Portals in this battle.

GLaDOS has decided to let two trainers inside the Testing Facility in order to test the effects of Pokemon on various Aperture Science products.
The room is 50*50*50.
There are two intersecting lines if Propulsion Gel lining the center the the room, with Repulsion Gel at each end.
Aerial Faith Plates are scattered throughout the room, except they have been cunningly redesigned to mimic normal panels. If a Pokemon steps on one, they will be suddenly flung through the air.(5% chance of panel being AFP)
Ever since the events of Portal 2, the Facility has been in an...unstable condition. Therefore, GLaDOS wants to prevent too much damage to the structure. If the ref and/or GLaDOS deems that the line has been crossed, (which could happen fairly easily, as the panels that make up the room are fairly fragile) then the offending Pokemon gets a small burst of Deadly Neurotoxin. This works like Badly Poison, except it gets its own counter.
The computer could also set up a few turrets to attack the Pokemon at the end of each round, in random positions. (15% setting up 1 turret, 10% setting up 2 turrets, 5% chance setting up 3 turrets)
Turret

Type: Steel

Ability: None

Stats:

HP: 35
Attack: Rank 3
Defense: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 3
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 75

Attacks:
Rapid Fire(Steel, Multi-hit, 3 Base Power per hit, Physical, No Contact; a quick stream of bullets is expounded at foe)
Note: Turrets can only attack when opponent is in front of them. Turrets are also quite light.
Let's see. I'm in two matches plus my tournament match, and I'm leaving for vacation in three weeks. Let's do this!

Switch=KO
All abilities
No items
Bumpity bump for ref.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
...indeed...

So, who's going to join in my battle? I still need 3 battlers and a ref!
come on! It'll be fun! You never know what you're gonna get.
I'll join in. Sounds fun.

Oh, and I guess I will drop my challenge from a few pages back. Not that anyone responded anyways.

edit @below: wow, one second difference in our post times. impressive. anyways, I guess that means I choose Items, in which case... no... no items.

ok then, I'll PM/VM you with strategies, etc.

We now have 2 people remaining

oh! That's right!!!

1st Person selects Abilities
2nd selects Items
3rd chooses switch=KO or OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)