Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that I found white frightfully boring and in no way challenging I am approaching this Council (so to speak) in an attempt to gain a more difficult adventure upon my restart.

[Trading is on.]

Also if you wonderful people can be bothered considering my occupation as Water Gym Leader a water themed challenge seems somewhat fitting.
Now I'm not saying all the pokemon have to be water. I am saying a water theme, so that can be anything from names, move sets and/or the challenges the pokemon must face to evolve.

Begin
You get... A VERY UNORIGINAL MARACTUS! It must always have Water Absorb, and to show off to ALL its water-type teammates of its ability to absorb water, it must switch in the moment one of its teammates take a Water-type attack, to show you all HOW A REAL MAN TAKES WATER TO THE FACE(by drinking it, duh). In fact, because it feels that its so freaking awesome against Water, he decides that Grass moves are for noobs.

There is however a twist in the story. Unoriginal MUST absorb 30 water moves by Nimbasa, and absorb 10 more water moves after every gym leader, and failure to do so means that he gets so pissed that he will refuse to battle until you prove your worth by using a lower-levelled Pokemon(by 2 levels) to defeat the next Gym Leader. If this happens after Iris, tough luck.

</unrelated NN and horribly stupid challenge>

You get wotter the oshawott. It is british and attacks people with cups of tea, so its only water attack can be scald. It must defeat that stupid American cowboy clay by itself.

You get...Tyrone the Tympole.
Tyrone is always comfortable around friend, so if one of the pokemon in your party die, Tyrone cannot use moves that have Base Power of 70 or more.
You can evolve him into palpitoad whenever you want, but if you do, his penalty becomes moves that have a base power of 60 or more. Same thing happens if you want Seismitoad, except you cant use moves of 50 base power or more.

Recap
If one pokemon in your party dies, he can't use his strongest moves.
This penalty increases by 10 over evolution.

Howdy peeps. It's been a long time since I've posted around here :P
Looking for a very hard SoulSilver challenge. Please, don't give me Sunkern, or something that can only use Splash. Those are lame. I want fun, challenging pokes.

@Skwog:

You get 36 the Ledyba. First and foremost, it must solo 36 Pokés on Route 36 to evolve. Also, 36/2=18, which represents the letter R. Therefore, it must solo all Pokés whose names have the letter R in them.

...That is, until it evolves. Then, each of the above restrictions are no longer in effect. Now it's feeling so fly like a G6, so rename it G6 and give it a Flying-type move. It must solo every Poké whose name either has a G in it or is 6 characters long until after its Far East Movement to Blackthorn City. And finally, poppin' bottles in the ice, the only healing items it will accept are Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Moomoo Milk.

Recap:
as Ledyba (named 36):
- must solo 36 Pokés on Route 36 to evolve
- must solo all Pokés with the letter 'R' in their name

as Ledian (named G6):
- must learn a Flying-type move ASAP and keep it
- must solo all Pokémon whose names either have the letter 'G' in them or are 6 characters long until arriving at Blackthorn
- can only be healed with Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Moomoo Milk (and Pokémon Centers)

Hope that's hard enough for you.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Skwog, you get Flydra the Cheri Berry Yanma. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out, no SRing, must save game after the battle. Also, it must have a moveset of Pursuit/SonicBoom/AncientPower/U-Turn, obtained ASAP. You must solo at least 15 Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon, & you must solo Will, Lt. Surge, & a Kanto Gym leader of your choice on first try, failure results in it loses it losing one of its moves permanently, SonicBoom may not be picked.

Have fun.

@Skwog.

You get Valdast the Eevee.
This Eevee was a genetic experiment, and as such, hates humans and Flying-types. It must solo all Flying-types in the game, and KO Lance's Dragonite while you are in the Rocket Hideout. If you can trade, it evolves into Glaceon. If you can't, it evolves into Jolteon. It also must solo all Scientists in the game. Have fun soloing Lance!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
xMistyx, take a Panpour, name it Blind. Blind is, well...Blind, so it may only use moves with less than 100% Accuracy in battle. It can still use moves with 100% Accuracy in battle ONLY if Blind's Accuracy has been lowered by at least 1 stage during the battle.

Have fun.

@Bob_Sqwog
Catch a Wobbufett ASAP, name it Spongebob. Spongebob's duty is to suck up damage for its teammates. Any time one of your Pokemon gets to half health, you must immediately switch out to Spongebob, who will take attacks until he pulls off a successful counter. You must do this even during solos, so if your Pokemon reaches half health you fail the solo. Should you fail a solo, turn off your game, then level up your Pokemon to try again by fighting 20 Pokemon in every route you've gone through so far with the Pokemon who failed (and Wobbufett, if necessary).

Hey, I'm doing a pokemon xd scramble. What do ya got? Obviously no trading because you can't trade during the main story of xd.

Current team:
Bubblegum the mawile- has to use sing upon entering battle until it puts something to sleep and can only attack sleeping pokemon

Jolteon- may only attack if it is faster, has to solo shadow dragonite

Zaprong the elekid- has to keep original movest, is under permanent torment, must solo 6 admin pokemon and every electric type (am I allowed to evolve him?)

Altaria-has to keep original moves, must solo one admin on citadark isle OR
Farfetch'd- must know double edge, iron tail, swords dance, and swagger for the greevil fight. Must solo 10 trainer owned pokes before greevil fight

Teddiursa-can only be purified after onbs headquarters, must forget refresh as soon as possible, can only be evolved at level 32 if possible

Duking's larvitar- wooper must solo 30 pokemon before trading and must use tm13's counter system to determine larvitar's restriction

SS: Catch Mawile, name it Bubblegum. Bubblegum is a pop artist who opens all battles with Sing, and will continue using Sing until it puts something to sleep. Once the Pokemon is asleep, Bubblegum will get angry and attack it until it wakes up. It will not attack a Pokemon that is not asleep.

SS: Catch Mawile, name it Bubblegum. Bubblegum is a pop artist who opens all battles with Sing, and will continue using Sing until it puts something to sleep. Once the Pokemon is asleep, Bubblegum will get angry and attack it until it wakes up. It will not attack a Pokemon that is not asleep.
Lol anime jigglypuff much?

Okay so this is what I have so far.

xMistyx: Here's something a little unusual for you. (First off, I assume you're not playing in Winter, or this challenge could be difficult or impossible without waiting a month.) For one of your slots, instead of dealing with a single Pokémon, you must use a Pokémon that can be anything you want, but must be immediately released before entering a city (or boxed and never used again if it refuses to be released due to being your only Pokémon who knows an HM move). For instance, you could catch a Patrat for this slot in Route 1, but would then have to release it before leaving Accumula Town (note that you can freely use it while in Accumula Town, though). You will be changing Pokémon in this slot a lot, because none of your other Pokémon can ever use HMs. (That is, if you want to use an HM for any reason, you have to freshly catch a wild Pokémon for this slot and teach the HM to it, unless you have a Pokémon in that slot already, in which case it had better learn that HM or you'll have to backtrack.) No evolution restrictions, if you really want to grind a Pokémon that far. You must also solo at least one Elite 4 member's Pokémon with the Pokémon you have in this slot (caught on Route 10 or Victory Road). If you backtrack for any reason and pass through a city, you must release this slot again before leaving the city you backtracked to.

EDIT: Oh, and if you play the game long enough (especially, if you continue to the postgame), you'll realise why this has a water theme eventually.

This challenges slot is dedicated to Slot Six. I am also making a slight change "Come the Elite Four I must catch a Durant for this slot and have it solo the Fighting Member and any one of N's Pokemon."

You get... A VERY UNORIGINAL MARACTUS! It must always have Water Absorb, and to show off to ALL its water-type teammates of its ability to absorb water, it must switch in the moment one of its teammates take a Water-type attack, to show you all HOW A REAL MAN TAKES WATER TO THE FACE(by drinking it, duh). In fact, because it feels that its so freaking awesome against Water, he decides that Grass moves are for noobs.

There is however a twist in the story. Unoriginal MUST absorb 30 water moves by Nimbasa, and absorb 10 more water moves after every gym leader, and failure to do so means that he gets so pissed that he will refuse to battle until you prove your worth by using a lower-levelled Pokemon(by 2 levels) to defeat the next Gym Leader. If this happens after Iris, tough luck.

You get wotter the oshawott. It is british and attacks people with cups of tea, so its only water attack can be scald. It must defeat that stupid American cowboy clay by itself.

You get...Tyrone the Tympole.
Tyrone is always comfortable around friend, so if one of the pokemon in your party die, Tyrone cannot use moves that have Base Power of 70 or more.
You can evolve him into palpitoad whenever you want, but if you do, his penalty becomes moves that have a base power of 60 or more. Same thing happens if you want Seismitoad, except you cant use moves of 50 base power or more.

Recap
If one pokemon in your party dies, he can't use his strongest moves.
This penalty increases by 10 over evolution.

xMistyx, take a Panpour, name it Blind. Blind is, well...Blind, so it may only use moves with less than 100% Accuracy in battle. It can still use moves with 100% Accuracy in battle ONLY if Blind's Accuracy has been lowered by at least 1 stage during the battle.

Have fun.

Misty: Take a Stunfisk, never teach it Electric moves. Solo Brycen.

I would appreciate it if the last one was the most harrowing and challenging thing a person could think up. I will then add my own rules in also.

Considering that I found white frightfully boring and in no way challenging I am approaching this Council (so to speak) in an attempt to gain a more difficult adventure upon my restart.

[Trading is on.]

Also if you wonderful people can be bothered considering my occupation as Water Gym Leader a water themed challenge seems somewhat fitting.
Now I'm not saying all the pokemon have to be water. I am saying a water theme, so that can be anything from names, move sets and/or the challenges the pokemon must face to evolve.

Begin

Okay so all the challenges are in place. I will also be using the following rules.

Only one Pokemon Centre use per town (The ridiculous doctors this game thought we all needed are off limits and cannot be used at all).

I can not buy items (so the only items used are ones picked up/given).

I usually also use the rule "No experience/Levels can be gained from wild pokemon, all experience must be gained during trainer battles" However due to the nature of some of the challenges I will make this amendment "My Pokemon can only evolve via Trainer Battles"

SS: Evolve your starter Eevee into Jolteon. It may not use an attacking move unless you know for sure it is faster. Have it solo Miror B's Shadow Dragonite in the final battle.

Misty: Take a Stunfisk, never teach it Electric moves. Solo Brycen.

Yay, another XD Scrambler! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Superswampert, you get Zaprong the Elekid, who is obtained by trading away the Shadow Togepi once it is purified. Zaprong considers itself superior to all other Electric types for his massive type coverage in the Elemental Punches+Cross Chop. Therefore, it is stuck with this moveset forever. In addition, since he's such a show-off, he's under permanent Torment - he can never use the same move twice in a row. To show his superiority, solo 6 Admin Pokémon, and all Electric types after obtaining him.

Wow, I haven't been to this thread in forever. Stupid addicting ASB...

@Superswampert: It looks like you could use a Ground immunity, so snag either of Lovrina's two Shadow Pokemon the second time you fight her (you can snag both, but only use one). Your restrictions vary depending on which you opt to use.

Altaria: Your Altaria is a bit stuck up from being around Lovrina. It's so stuck up, in fact, that it must keep the moveset it has when you purify it forever. It also has to solo one other Admin on Citadark Isle.

Farfetch'd: Your Farfetch'd has been living as a subject to the stronger Altaria, so being freed has awoken a rebellious instinct inside of it. Its moveset when you fight Greevil must consist of the two highest base-powered moves it can get in XD (Double-Edge and Iron Tail), Swords Dance to boost his attack, and Swagger t oshow off his new swagger. He must solo 10 Trainer-owned Pokemon before you fight Greevil.

Name Altaria LovrinaJr. or Farfetch'd Rebel Yell.

It's good to be back.

@Superswampert: You get Teddiursa, with the restriction that it can not be purified until you reach ONBS Headquarters and it must forget Refresh at the first opportunity to do so. Must evolve at exactly level 32, or level 33 if it levels up twice in that battle. No other restrictions.

Altaria: Your Altaria is a bit stuck up from being around Lovrina. It's so stuck up, in fact, that it must keep the moveset it has when you purify it forever. It also has to solo one other Admin on Citadark Isle.
I knew this sounded too good. I'm starting to consider farfetch'd rather than have to put sunny day on one of my guys just to make solarbeam useful. I guess it at least helps with my ridiculous ground weakness.

Hey, I'm doing a pokemon xd scramble. What do ya got? Obviously no trading because you can't trade during the main story of xd.
Never played XD before, so I dunno if this works, but anyway:

Swampert, you get Duking's Larvitar. Note that you need to catch a Wooper to trade for this, so here is what happens: you need to have Wooper solo 30 Pokemon. You need to set a counter for this, and increase this by 1 whenever Wooper faints, and decrease it by 3 whenever Wooper levels up. At the end of the solo, this is what happens:

<-9: No restrictions.
-9 - -1: Larvitar must be at exactly LV 45 for Greevil.
0 - 10: Larvitar must have 2 damaging moves ASAP.
11 - 19: Larvitar must evolve at LV 37.
20 - 24: Larvitar must solo 6 Pokemon while in confusion induced from Outrage.
>24: Larvitar must forget Dragon Dance and Outrage immediately. Because you must have sucked as a trainer if you manage to get Wooper to faint at least 25 times.

(yay for just, sheer randomness)

Never played XD before, so I dunno if this works, but anyway:

Swampert, you get Duking's Larvitar. Note that you need to catch a Wooper to trade for this, so here is what happens: you need to have Wooper solo 30 Pokemon. You need to set a counter for this, and increase this by 1 whenever Wooper faints, and decrease it by 3 whenever Wooper levels up. At the end of the solo, this is what happens:
Yeah, it works, but I know from experience that catching a wooper is a pain in the ass because they are really rare, the pokespot only yields one encounter about every five minutes, and half the time you put down food, that fatass munchlax eats it all.

You also put a Ttar on a team that might have an altaria that is required to know solarbeam.

Take a Hoppip. No offensive moves allowed. Also, no Sleep powder or Substitute (pick one) allowed. Solo at least 3 gym leaders in each region.
@Kepperino
Bring a Tauros named ChodoHabat who is an annoying little bitch and should mind his own business. Heal me? He don't know me!
He's so full of himself because he knows Swagger and thinks he's so enlightened because he knows Zen Headbutt.
Additionally teach him Hidden Power because that nosy Ithorian can "see" things through the force.
For his last move take whatever type his hidden power is and do one of two things 1)pick any move Tauros can learn of that type OR 2) match the type with whether it was a physical or special attack in generation 1-3. He may learn any HM that is either physical or special corresponding with the previous type mechanic.
Fucking Ithorians. Learn to speak Basic already.

-recap
Teach ChodoHabat the Tauros : Swagger, Zen Headbutt and Hidden Power ASAP. They may not be deleted. Chodo's last move is your choice under the conditions :
For his last move take whatever type his hidden power is and do one of two things 1)pick any move Tauros can learn of that type OR 2) match the type with whether it was a physical or special attack in generation 1-3. He may learn any HM that is either physical or special corresponding with the previous type mechanic.
I'll start the challenge after my exams.
But... Hoppip seems impossible.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I'll do one for XD. Let's see what torture you sadistic people throw my way.
Also w00t first post!

Team:
Duking's Larvitar. Note that you need to catch a Wooper to trade for this, so here is what happens: you need to have Wooper solo 30 Pokemon. You need to set a counter for this, and increase this by 1 whenever Wooper faints, and decrease it by 3 whenever Wooper levels up. At the end of the solo, this is what happens:
<-9: No restrictions.
-9 - -1: Larvitar must be at exactly LV 45 for Greevil.
0 - 10: Larvitar must have 2 damaging moves ASAP.
11 - 19: Larvitar must evolve at LV 37.
20 - 24: Larvitar must solo 6 Pokemon while in confusion induced from Outrage.
>24: Larvitar must forget Dragon Dance and Outrage immediately. Because you must have sucked as a trainer if you manage to get Wooper to faint at least 25 times. (Yay for copypasta)

Zook's Zangoose. Can only use attacking moves on lower level pokemon. Must solo every Seviper as well as Ardos.

Blusix's Spheal. Must use charm at the start of every battle. Can evolve into Sealeo after charming Snattle's Pokemon in Phenac City. Can evolve into WALREIN (fanfare) after charming Snattle's Pokemon on Citadark Isle.

Umbreon. Must be named Nox. As Eevee, can only use one STAB. As Umbreon, must know 4 attacks (2+ must be physical), must solo 2 admins in all their appearances.

Lovrina's Delcatty. Must be named BipolarCat. Can NOT fight peons if one of my Pokemon has already fainted. Can ONLY fight admins if one of my Pokemon has already fainted.

Butterfree. Can NOT use Sleep Powder or Stun Spore. Must solo three admin Pokemon. Cannot be purified until defeating Lovrina on Citadark Isle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)