Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Albinoloon, Lyris, PM teams please.

Incidentally, if you pester me before ref DQ I will find your IP and send a team of nijas to kill you.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Issuing a Challenge to Kaxtar:

4vs4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery Moves / 5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Pokemon Chess Board (Open Field)
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense
Format: Multiples

Restrictions: None

Ref Instructions: In an Open Field, only the person who selects this Arena will send you a PM. Their opponent then selects out of their entire team. Once you receive the Pokemon of the Trainer that chose this Arena, you may put up the thread and VM their opponent.

Description:

The Pokemon Chess Board is an intricate arena, the effects of which change based on the Pokemon used. It is set on an artificial field consisting of alternating 8x8 black and white squares about 5 square feet each. All Attacks can be utilized, as the chess board will create any necessary element for the attack. Be warned that effects will disappear after each action and will have to generated from scratch, so the arena for example cannot be flooded out, even if Rain is summoned. Weathers still last their full duration and have all their other battle effects.

The Arena benefits or handicaps players based on the Pokemon they select in the following ways:

• If one player has more fully evolved Pokemon than the other, each of that player's Pokemon will lose one Rank in each stat (including HP), as well as 20% of their speed. Pokemon in their second of three stages do not count as fully evolved for this purpose.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like weaknesses, all of the shared weaknesses of that player's active Pokemon will be reduced to 2x, regardless of their ordinary severity.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like STABs, the STAB bonus of that STAB is increased by 1.
  • If a player's active Pokemon share like Attacks, the Base Attack Power of those shared attacks is increased by 1.

QuantumDerp: 5v5 Doubles

Last I checked, you only have three mons and cannot accept the battle.

Thus, I will update the challenge, since I've had the mind to nab my 15th Pokemon.

Open Challenge

NFE's only, with a combined rarity of 15 [adding +1 rarity for Pokemon that are partially evolved, I.e. Sealeo has 3 rarity while Spheal has 2], 6v6 Doubles
1 recovery/5 chills
2 days DQ
Arena: Aquarium Park

A 16' wide square pagoda that is 12' high within a 40' radius circular patio of stone surrounded by 10' deep water. The arena is founded on stone. To get a feel for the looks of this arena, google "Aquarium Park Sonic Colors." Rock Slide can be used via the pavement. Dig works.
So in.

Abilities = All

So in.

Abilities = All

I converted the match into a 6v(3+3) NFE Doubles. Now we just need a ref and to decide item status.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Better get rid of this open battle slot.

Beginner Battle
1v1
Triples ofc
0 recovers / 3 chills
2 day DQ
Challenger picks arena

Better get rid of this open battle slot.

Beginner Battle
1v1
Triples ofc
0 recovers / 3 chills
2 day DQ
Challenger picks arena
I'll battle!

One Ability
No Items
Switch = Fire Blast wins + gets all of iss's pokemon

Arena: The Battle Observation Center

A Battling Center in which scientists observe battles and record what they see. The Arena is a simple rectangular space with an open roof so the pokemon get some fresh air. Moves that will damage the delicate machinery used by the scientists are banned for the center. These include Rock-type moves, Ground-type moves, and Water-type moves. At any point in the match, there is a chance that one of the scientists will yell "Eureka" after making an amzaing discovery. This will encourage both pokemon currently battling, causing them to do 3 more damage then they would normally would have done on the next attack they use. The effect can only hapen once a round, and will only affect one attacking move used by the pokemon. There is a 1/16 chance that "Eureka" will be yelled on any given action.

Open Challenge, Melee Battle!

1 + 1 vs 1 + 1
All Abilities
1st Decides DQ time
2nd Decides Items
3rd Decides Teams

Send one pokemon to the ref, and use your strongest pokemon! This isn't a I'm going to train my Magikarp battle.

Its_A_Random said:
Arena: The Earth Cauldron
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate

Restrictions: No weather except Sandstorm, Artificial Field, Limited Ceiling, No Water Source

Description: At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. There also may be loose rocks in the sand as well, only accessible by digging. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur. Lastly, the arena is indoors, so the only weather that can occur is Sandstorm. This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur. Loose rocks present in the diggable sand, only weather that can occur is Sandstorm.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Can't say that I'm very interested in no water sources, but I'll be in on your side Blast. 2 Day DQ.

EDIT: Ooh, nevermind. Didn't see that someone actually decided teams.

I'm issuing an Open Challenge:
2v2 doubles
2 Recovers, 5 chills
1 Day DQ, 2 for ref
Arena:
One of these days I'll get creative with arenas, but today is not that day. Basic Tournament field.

Two challenges to issue:
challenge 1
2v2 doubles
Underwater arena (all it is a big metal bowl *more or less* filled with water no pokemon can go out side the arena boundaries all non water pokemon will drown all fighting takes place underwater weather is unusable)
DQ time 2 days/3 ref (time is negotiable)
Special requirements: LC pokemon only (so first stage pokemon e.g. charmander but not heracross)

challenge 2
4v4 doubles
Daycare center (a calm meadow with the daycare centre in the foreground, because the daycare centre is there surf and all moves involving seizemic activity are banned *earthquake magnitude* dig is okay *random pokemon at the refs discretion may show up up to the ref if they do*)
Special requirements: LC pokemon only (so first stage pokemon e.g. charmander but not heracross)
BUMP. BUMP IT UP!
challenge 2 is still open

hey rewind, i Know im jumping the gun a little bit but Ill ref your match once u have an opponent, so long as you dont mind it being my first time ever. With flora subreffing of course

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Because it's my (Potential Gym) arena, I'll ref PCF + Atheno vs. Fire Blast + Rewindman. Send your only Pokemon, & be amazed at the tl;dr flavour that I'll probably end up writing...

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a 2v2 Doubles.

DQ = 1 Day
Arena: THe Perplexahedron
Flavour arena, look it up on ben 10 planet if you want to. It's in one of the rooms.
Restrictions: No Water type moves allowed. Permanent Sandstorm that cannot be changed. NFEs only.

Two challenges to issue:
challenge 1
2v2 doubles
Underwater arena (all it is a big metal bowl *more or less* filled with water no pokemon can go out side the arena boundaries all non water pokemon will drown all fighting takes place underwater weather is unusable)

challenge 2
4v4 doubles
Daycare center (a calm meadow with the daycare centre in the foreground, because the daycare centre is there surf and all moves involving seizemic activity are banned *earthquake magnitude* dig is okay *random pokemon at the refs discretion may show up up to the ref if they do*)
BUMP. BUMP IT UP!
challenge 2 needs a ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)