Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Can we have a ref please! Also, you need to choose an arena!

Sorry, Tortferngatr is ready to battle, and therefore I chose him. Sorry.
Arena: Ice Canyon

Field Type, Complexity, Format, and Restrictions:
Field Type: Ice (Ice-type moves take less energy, Hail costs less to summon, while Sandstorm costs more, and Sun does not boost Fire-type moves, although other effects still apply.)
Complexity: Moderate (all moves available, but several restrictions, mostly weather-based, still apply.)
Format: All
Restrictions:
  • Ice-type moves other than Hail cost 1 less energy.
  • Hail, whether by move or by Snow Warning, costs 2 less energy to summon.
  • Sandstorm, whether by Sand Stream or by move, costs 2 more energy to summon.
  • Sun does not boost Fire-type attacks. All other effects, such as ability activation and SolarBeam having 0 priority, still work properly.
  • Rain faces no restrictions.
  • Dig is considered to be an Ice-type move.
  • Through various loopholes, all other moves are available.
Flavor

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig deals Ice-type damage; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. All Ice-type moves but Hail cost 1 energy less to execute here, and Hail costs 2 less energy to summon, whether through Snow Warning or the move Hail. Sandstorms, on the other hand, cost 2 extra energy to summon for want of material, whether through Sand Stream or the move Sandstorm, and the Sun's rays bounce off the reflective ice, preventing its heat from boosting Fire-type moves. (However, SolarBeam and Sun-based abilities still trigger.)

Open Challenge,

2 vs 2 singles
2 day DQ
0 recoveries, 3 chills

Arena: The Vancouver Riots (this ones for you hockey lovers)

Upon the Canucks defeat vs the Boston Bruins, the people rioted in the streets. This is where the battle will take place. The arena is open to the sky, there is plenty of water, thanks to being right by the waterfront and seismic activity is permitted (though people around you will get hurt) the ground is to hard to dig through though. All around you there are rioters and riot police. People are looting stores and lighting cars on fire, in the distance the viral "kissing couple" can be seen. There is glass all over the ground and the streets are a mess. Tall skyscrapers overlook the clash, though most of them dark, are only lit by the orange glow of the fire.

I'm going to leave this part up to the referee but at the end of each round something can happen. There is no specific RNG percentage of it happening but it is entirely be up to the referee. This can be stuff like the riot police coming in and beating up the trainers and Pokemon. It's entirely up to the ref, though it has to be related to the riot.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dropping earlier match request.

Challenging danmantincan to a 2v2 Doubles in the Perplexahedron!

This time, no special effects.
1 day DQ
0 Recoveries, 0 chills

Searching for a battle.
2v2 dubs
1 day DQ, 2 for ref
0 recoveries, 5 chills

Arena: Tournament field
I ACCEPT! Wanted to battle you for a long time now. Dropping my match vs jas### to take this. switch=lol, no items, all abilities. Are you wanting LC or fully evolved or a mix?

YAY! PEOPLE RESPONDED TO MY POST!!

sorry to see u having trouble finding a ref flame, id ref for you but ive just started looking over the system and learning how to do it and im already testing it out on a match right now and I dont feel confident enough to pick up a second fight :(. Anyway i hope u find a subref soon.
flamingfighter i would love to help but i have a bit too much on my plate atm. sorry!
OH THANK GOD. MY POSTS AREN'T INVISIBLE TO YOU.

Thank you, Ragnarokalex and TEA_DEMON, for at least responding to my post (only after I raged, but still, I'm grateful).

Now, if only someone could, if they may, subref for this battle...

Out of the kindness of your hearts, make a newbie happy today. Volunteer as a subref. A newbie will be overjoyed with your kindness. [/mock_donation_ad]

EDIT: Thanks for the thought, C$FP.

Sorry FlamingFighter, I would love to help you, but I am reffing two (soon to be three) matches, in three matches of my own, and in a Battle Hall challenge. I have too much going on to subref your match. Hope you get a ref soon!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
4v4 Tag Battle (4 players, 2 Pokémon each)
3 Day DQ
2 Recover, 5 Chills

Arena:

Arena: Ancient Cavern
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles

Restrictions:
No weather. Difficult to Dig through, but other seismic activity is easy to achieve. Surf can be used (see description).

Description:

The Ancient Cavern is an underground room said to have once housed extraterrestrial and mystical beings. The floor is made of stone, with a light dusting of sand, concealing the cracks. The roof is held up by crumbling pillars, and the room is lit up by many torches. Between the pillars are large waterfalls, which make a Surf attack (or any other attack requiring a water source) feasible. However, due to the mystical properties of the arena, none of these can be damaged. At one end there is the entrance through which you came, though it was blocked off by a rusting portcullis as you entered. At the other is a large, granite statue of a strange, almost humanoid, Pokémon. It stoops down on one knee, with the other arm raised to strike. The strange and intricate situation becomes even stranger, as huge gems on the lifted arm begin to glow. From these gems spheres of light spill out and fill the room, swirling around your chosen Pokémon. It is clear that these spheres of light have mystical effects.

When a Pokémon is sent out, you can choose to apply one of these effects, and one only. Once an effect has been used, it cannot be used again on another Pokémon.

Red Sphere - Power
The Pokémon to whom this effect is applied gains the ability Simple, in addition to its other abilities. If the Pokémon in question already has Simple as an ability, then this effect stacks.

Green Sphere - Strategy
Once per turn, the Pokémon can select any attack about to be used by the opponent and use it before them at 1.1x the damage, regardless of speed modifiers. The Pokémon will also be immune from effects such as full paralysis and the ability Stall. This does not, however, override Truant or other such abilities. Moves with negative priorities, Copycat and Assist cannot be selected by the Green Sphere. The cost of using this action is 1.5(energy of the move).

Yellow Sphere - Luck
At the beginning of each round, the referee generates a number from 1-12. The number corresponds to an increment between 0.75 and 1.30. For example, 3 is 0.85, and 11 is 1.25. This number is multiplied by the base power of the attacks used by the Pokémon for that turn. If the generated number is less than 1, the base power is rounded down. If the generated number is greater than 1, the base power is rounded up. New numbers are generated at the beginning of every turn.

If a Beheeyem is sent out onto the field after all three effects have been used by its team, the ref must RNG a number from 1-100. If the number is 25 or less, then all three effects are applied to the Beheeyem. Otherwise, no effect occurs.

Note that due to this being doubles, the 3 orbs will be available to each player. It is impossible to activate the Beheeyem effect in this format, as it requires 3 Pokémon by an individual player to be used.

iiMKUltra has agreed to be my partner, now we need two opponents! ;D

OH THANK GOD. MY POSTS AREN'T INVISIBLE TO YOU.

Thank you, Ragnarokalex and TEA_DEMON, for at least responding to my post (only after I raged, but still, I'm grateful).

Now, if only someone could, if they may, subref for this battle...

Out of the kindness of your hearts, make a newbie happy today. Volunteer as a subref. A newbie will be overjoyed with your kindness. [/mock_donation_ad]

EDIT: Thanks for the thought, C$FP.
I feel bad for your battle not being reffed, even though I am so busy in terms of battling, I'd love to subref your battle, but only if the Referee DQ Time can be 3 and a half days (72 hours total, I think), OK?
P.S.: Did you even post your actions? I think you're Disqualified, aren't you?

FlamingFighter's match goes onto a second page, that is probably why you didn't see his actions. Also, 3.5 days is 84 hours.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
4v4 Tag Battle (4 players, 2 Pokémon each)
3 Day DQ
2 Recover, 5 Chills

Arena:

Arena: Ancient Cavern
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense
Format: Singles

Restrictions:
No weather. Difficult to Dig through, but other seismic activity is easy to achieve. Surf can be used (see description).

Description:

The Ancient Cavern is an underground room said to have once housed extraterrestrial and mystical beings. The floor is made of stone, with a light dusting of sand to conceal the cracks. The roof is held up by crumbling pillars, and the room is lit up by many torches. Between the pillars are large waterfalls, which make a Surf attack (or any other attack requiring a water source) feasible. However, due to the mystical properties of the arena, none of these can be damaged. At one end there is the entrance through which you came, though it was blocked off by a rusting portcullis as you entered. At the other is a large, granite statue of a strange, almost humanoid, Pokémon. It stoops down on one knee, with the other arm raised to strike. The strange and intricate situation becomes even stranger, as huge gems on the lifted arm begin to glow. From these gems spheres of light spill out and fill the room, swirling around your chosen Pokémon. It is clear that these spheres of light have mystical effects.

When a Pokémon is sent out, you can choose to apply one of these effects, and one only. Once an effect has been used, it cannot be used again on another Pokémon.

Red Sphere - Power
The Pokémon to whom this effect is applied gains the ability Simple, in addition to its other abilities. If the Pokémon in question already has Simple as an ability, then this effect stacks.

Green Sphere - Strategy
Once per turn, the Pokémon can select any attack about to be used by the opponent and use it before them at 1.1x the damage, regardless of speed modifiers. The Pokémon will also be immune from effects such as full paralysis and the ability Stall. This does not, however, override Stall or other such abilities. Moves with negative priorities, Copycat and Assist cannot be selected by the Green Sphere. The cost of using this action is 1.5(energy of the move).

Yellow Sphere - Luck
At the beginning of each round, the referee generates a number from 1-12. The number corresponds to an increment between 0.75 and 1.30. For example, 3 is 0.85, and 11 is 1.25. This number is multiplied by the base power of the attacks used by the Pokémon for that turn. If the generated number is less than 1, the base power is rounded down. If the generated number is greater than 1, the base power is rounded up. New numbers are generated at the beginning of every turn.

If a Beheeyem is sent out onto the field after all three effects have been used by its team, the ref must RNG a number from 1-100. If the number is 25 or less, then all three effects are applied to the Beheeyem. Otherwise, no effect occurs.

Note that due to this being doubles, the 3 orbs will be available to each player. It is impossible to activate the Beheeyem effect in this format, as it requires 3 Pokémon by an individual player to be used.

iiMKUltra has agreed to be my partner, now we need two opponents! ;D
DIBZ.
Items=lolno
Abilities=All

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, time for a new battle.

3v3 Singles
2 day DQ
2 recover / 5 chill

And the arena shall be the Dewford Gym, as seen in the episode "Brave the Wave." The surface is made of rock, so no digging through it, and it is inside, so no weather moves. There is enough water surrounding the field to use Surf and stuff though. Otherwise it is fairly standard (well except for those big pointy rocks in the water, be creative with those if you want).

Oh, and by the way, while I am still training some new guys, I also want to try out some of my new fully evolved Pokemon, so be ready for anything.
Well, since my opponent dropped out, anyone else want to do this battle?

I feel bad for your battle not being reffed, even though I am so busy in terms of battling, I'd love to subref your battle, but only if the Referee DQ Time can be 3 and a half days (72 hours total, I think), OK?
P.S.: Did you even post your actions? I think you're Disqualified, aren't you?
YAY!! NEW SUBREF FOR ME AND MASTER BANE!!
<] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] [happy smiley] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <] <]
(C$FP ninga'd me to the errors in your post. He's right on all accounts.)
You are now officially designated as the subref (HALLELUJAH); your DQ time can be 72 hours (3 days) and our [battler] DQ will stay at 2.
Could you post the next round ASAP? I really want this battle to continue.
(in unrelated news, yay <])

EDIT: @jas61292, I'll take you on, if it can be a beginner battle. If not, oh well.

Switch=lol
No items
All abilities

Me and Tortferngatr need a ref for the following:
Open Challenge:
6 Vs 6 Doubles:
2 Day DQ
You choose Arena, I send out Second.
All pokemon NFE.
Arena: Ice Canyon

Field Type, Complexity, Format, and Restrictions:
Field Type: Ice (Ice-type moves take less energy, Hail costs less to summon, while Sandstorm costs more, and Sun does not boost Fire-type moves, although other effects still apply.)
Complexity: Moderate (all moves available, but several restrictions, mostly weather-based, still apply.)
Format: All
Restrictions:
  • Ice-type moves other than Hail cost 1 less energy.
  • Hail, whether by move or by Snow Warning, costs 2 less energy to summon.
  • Sandstorm, whether by Sand Stream or by move, costs 2 more energy to summon.
  • Sun does not boost Fire-type attacks. All other effects, such as ability activation and SolarBeam having 0 priority, still work properly.
  • Rain faces no restrictions.
  • Dig is considered to be an Ice-type move.
  • Through various loopholes, all other moves are available.
Flavor

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig deals Ice-type damage; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. All Ice-type moves but Hail cost 1 energy less to execute here, and Hail costs 2 less energy to summon, whether through Snow Warning or the move Hail. Sandstorms, on the other hand, cost 2 extra energy to summon for want of material, whether through Sand Stream or the move Sandstorm, and the Sun's rays bounce off the reflective ice, preventing its heat from boosting Fire-type moves. (However, SolarBeam and Sun-based abilities still trigger.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)