5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Ok, sorry bout that, I'm just really dumb and I've been getting frustrated..

I just succeeded in getting a female Gligar with a flawless spread bar Sp.atk, but no Dream World ability. Now, was it just by chance that I obtained a Female one and no dream world ability due to the percentages?
Check your PID again. If it says True in that line, then you'll have the DW ability. If it says False, then you don't. Also, if you are breeding with a Ditto, you cannot pass the DW ability.

Because theres a 0 in front

Edit: Ninja'd
Lol, Kiebin's answer was there for like 12 min. xD

I'm going for an jolly durant ivs all 31 out of victory road how do I insure I sweet scent that pokemon?
Check your the encounter slot of your PID, and then check the Encounter slot list, to see which mon it'll give you.

Ok, sorry bout that, I'm just really dumb and I've been getting frustrated..

I just succeeded in getting a female Gligar with a flawless spread bar Sp.atk, but no Dream World ability. Now, was it just by chance that I obtained a Female one and no dream world ability due to the percentages?
Your calculated starting frame is 49, but due to the wandering NPCs, the PID frame you're actually on when you pick up your egg is between 50~56 more or less. You first have to narrow it down, and then you can do the appropriate # of chatters.

@Coolbiz: You have to use chatters to move the PID frame to the ESV for durant. I believe for the top floor where cheren is, it's 0, 2, 6, 8, 10

OMG! OMG! I finally did it! And it was through sheer luck! I persisted for over a week now... The seed I've been using for the past two days was causing me problems - I couldn't hit my target seed, even after 50 attempts. So I found a new one today, started using it, and on my first attempt (I didn't even figure out my SSF yet), with 0 Chatot advancements, ran into my target... which isn't too much of a surprise considering my target PID frame was 636. XP

Meet my awesome Shiny Tornadus (Stats: 31/31/31/14/31/31, Jolly, woot-woot) - if only your alternate coloration was more drastic after all this effort:

I would like to thank everyone who's been patient in helping me RNG one of the roamers... Gah, one of the most dreaded RNG targets... But if you're RNGing him, don't give up! I finally found this usable seed in the year 2043, so if you don't like counting a lot of Chatot advancements, do a lot of searching. XD

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OMG! OMG! I finally did it! And it was through sheer luck! I persisted for over a week now... The seed I've been using for the past two days was causing me problems - I couldn't hit my target seed, even after 50 attempts. So I found a new one today, started using it, and on my first attempt (I didn't even figure out my SSF yet), with 0 Chatot advancements, ran into my target... which isn't too much of a surprise considering my target PID frame was 636. XP

Meet my awesome Shiny Tornadus (Stats: 31/31/31/14/31/31, Jolly, woot-woot) - if only your alternate coloration was more drastic after all this effort:

I would like to thank everyone who's been patient in helping me RNG one of the roamers... Gah, one of the most dreaded RNG targets... But if you're RNGing him, don't give up! I finally found this usable seed in the year 2043, so if you don't like counting a lot of Chatot advancements, do a lot of searching. XD
now that's determination, good job :)

Trying C-Gear abuse. I’m trying to find the delay I’m hitting to adjust my timer

Okay, so I go in and find my seed in RNG Reporter. I changed the method to 5, changed the Mac Address (0026599991E4), put in my ID and SID (07280 and 36063) hit shiny only, and pressed search. After about an hour I find my perfect seed- 409CB1CF, with a frame of 31 I put it to Seed to Time and come out with a date that looks good to me, 2011 07 03, 03:22:21. I flew to the E4 and I went back to Victory Road, and entered the first cave I saw. I saved and turned the power off. I put a Calibration of 0, a delay of 8160 (which is what it said), and my target seconds as 21, in EonTimer. I set my DS time to 03:22:00, and start both at the same time. I click a on the game when the first timer ends, then the game starts up. Then I wait until the tbing loads (I don’t press any buttons, till reshiram pops up) and go into the game with C-Gear off. I press the C-Gear Power button and wait till the second timer goes off. When it does I press the Yes button. I immediately Sweet Scent, I catch the pokemon, check the IVs, generate a list of adjacent seeds, and I search those IVs and it says there are no results that match the ivs. I’ve done this more than once, with a calibration of 0, and a calibration of -195. I’m pretty sure that’s what wrong.. Can someone help? PS: I don’t really get the timer. When I put in 1 second, it has 60 seconds on the timer. Can someone explain that to me?
I think I see what's happening here (sure someone smarter will correct me if not :) )

'Delay' is the length of time between switching on your game and activating the C-Gear (I think) - in 60ths of a second (whilst the target time is the time you activate it). So with a delay of over 8000 you need to be setting your clock over 2 minutes before your target time.

Luckily the person who wrote EonTimer takes this into account; just underneath the big timer, there's a little note in red saying 'Minutes before target:' - this tells how far back you need to set your DS. If it said 3, for instance, here you'd want to set it to 03.19.

This also answers, sort of, your last point - if you put in 1 second, it recognises (thanks to the settings) that you can't possibly get in-game that fast - so it gives you an extra minute countdown, and tells you to set your clock back an extra minute to compensate.

Hope this helps :)

I have found a seed and PID frame that gets me a shiny Kyurem with 31 in all IVs except attack, and synchronize makes it Timid.

WOO!!!

Question though:
I had to set my DS date back to before my Adventure Start time is. That's not going to cause any problems is it?
Also, let's say I wanted to use him at a local tournament (I don't know what they do or do not ban, so let's assume Kyurem isn't banned).
Would I be turned away or banned just because the capture time is before the Adventure Start time?

I doubt I'll be going to any local tournaments, and if I did I probably wouldn't use Kyurem, but just incase, I'd like to know.

No they are generated with the PID and is thus a different method. Starting frame is 58+~~
I thought the IVs were generated separately from the PID? I'm confused. I thought the PID was simply for natures/shiny. So are the IVs tied into the Wondercard generation? I assuming so based on this. Also, what would be a good starting frame to look for Wondercard seeds? Frame 1? I'm curious about that when it comes to the time finder. That 58+ number is the PID, right?

Thanks for the fast reply Kaphotics. You have been a big help. I'm just trying to understand how to acquire flawless Wondercard pokes. Obviously won't be Shiny, unless they are like the Shiny Beasts.

Yes.

Edit: Though of all stationary legends, one time he had a SSF by like 20 (on my cart). I can't remember if that happened in my ROM though. Just keep that in mind if your hitting your seed but frames are off.

Ok I'm attempting to get a shiny Larvesta egg with near perfect IVs in everything except attack.

Now I'm confused on exactly how to find it.

In the Time Finder for the method do I select Method 5 (standard seed) or Method 5 PIDRNG? If it is PIDRNG do I check the "shiny only" box?

I'm assuming the encounter type would be "Larvesta egg."

From there what do I do with the seed? Do I copy it to the main menu and then do a search? If so what method do I select?

From there what do I do? I fully understand just abusing IVs, but when it comes to shininess and natures I'm lost ATM.

Is there a guide on here to explains getting shinies with standard abuse that I missed? I looked around and couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance!

2 seeds in a row.. i can't hit my PID frame.. so annoying.

example: i need to hit 50 chatters for frame 65.. i hit 50.. i get 66, i hit 49.. i get 64.

solution? [rng breeding]

and i've done this about 10 eggs now.. same shit.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
2 seeds in a row.. i can't hit my PID frame.. so annoying.

example: i need to hit 50 chatters for frame 65.. i hit 50.. i get 66, i hit 49.. i get 64.

solution? [rng breeding]

and i've done this about 10 eggs now.. same shit.
resave cus of NPCs

that does the trick? alright thanks

thank fucking god.. although the above couldn't really help me with eggs.. i basically just kept fucking with the actual time of hitting my IVseed, and with the 13,14,15 chatter that was making me want to kill myself. finally the two clicked and the poke revealed itself.

moving on.

Am I stupid in thinking you start at frame 1, listen to Chatot 48 times, I'll end up on that 49 frame (the one highlighted in the picture?)

Becuase I did that, and I got a flawless one w/Dream world ability, but it was female. What indicates it will be male?

yeah.. you definitely aren't doing it right. your actual starting frame is probably 54 or 55.. so when you chattered 48 times.. you landed around 100-110.

yeah.. you definitely aren't doing it right. your actual starting frame is probably 54 or 55.. so when you chattered 48 times.. you landed around 100-110.
lol wut. I had a hunch that was happening O.O

So uhh.. I've just lucked out and hitting a flawless frame?

It says 49 is your starting PID frame. The PIDRNG doesn't start at 1. It starts between 40-60.

There's no way we can tell if it's luck or not without knowing the IVs of the parents. Your seed IVs are pentaflawless. If your parents are also flawless then almost every frame will yield flawless results.

You will always get flawless IVs if your timer0 doesn't fuck up. Start at what RNG reporter tells you to +1. (Assuming you can open and close the menu fast) Of course, you don't need to do this if the desired PIDs are 1 or 2 frames away.

It says 49 is your starting PID frame. The PIDRNG doesn't start at 1. It starts between 40-60.

There's no way we can tell if it's luck or not without knowing the IVs of the parents. Your seed IVs are pentaflawless. If your parents are also flawless then almost every frame will yield flawless results.
The IV's are flawless hans special attack, which are 1 and 23 respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)