5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

No, it doesn't match. It's 8 different seeds though, but it jumped to the last one. I'll check the others. Maybe I should say I'm RNGing eggs.
Yeah, it generates seeds at nearby timer0 values and nearby times. I'm assuming you've hit the right time, so check the ones with the exact same times but different timer0 values first - then, if you still haven't found it, check the other seeds.

You mean soft reset AFTER you get your egg? No, once you get the egg it's already been determined. Though why would you reset if you're RNGing and doing the steps properly?

Look on RNG reporter and see what frame the rash nature and whatever ability number overcoat is along with inheritance to see what frame you're on. If you're advancing the frame correctly NPCs are probably in the area screwing you over.

Yeah, it generates seeds at nearby timer0 values and nearby times. I'm assuming you've hit the right time, so check the ones with the exact same times but different timer0 values first - then, if you still haven't found it, check the other seeds.
No matches at all. Does the PIDRNG start directly at the first frame after calculating initial PIDRNG frame?

Since I got hardy two times, isn't it most likely I did not get the wrong timer0? I actually don't know anything at all about timer0 though.

The thing is, the natures/genders is often correct at my seed, but it's the chattering that makes me confusing...

EDIT: Gah, I'm getting different result every time.
1st try: Chattering once = Modest nature, sure it's fitting.
2nd try: Chattering once = Bashful nature, it's fitting too.

I'm gonna try chattering twice now to confirm...

It's as simple as it sounds - if your target is X, and you hit X+2, you need to subtract the amount extra you're hitting from your 'Target Seconds' (and if you're hitting under your target you need to add it).

If you've got RNG reporter open you can just play around with the seconds values and see where you hit until you've found a place where you can consistently hit your seconds and (approximate) delay - then it's just trial and error until you catch your target.
Oh okay thanks. Just one last question for now. If i'm hitting the correct seconds but the wrong delay should I keep updating EonTimer after every single try, or compile an average over a few tries and update it like that?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to RNG Shinies using C-Gear abuse?

hi im trying to RNG a clamperl which requires fishing. how exactly do i do this? do i use the same process (sweet scenting) then fly to route 4? or something else? please help
In the wild, you're supposed to sweet scent to get a pokemon. For fishing, instead of sweet scenting, just fish. Couple things to keep in mind

1. The sandstorm is gonna shift your PID frame like hell. You can get rid of it but

2. Route 4 has wandering NPCs which will shift your PID. Since you're fishing, you may catch it early or later. I think it might be a little too unpredictable

I actually RNGed a clamperl yesterday. I just went off luck, since clamperl + right nature with sychrnozier is roughly 15~18% chance (7~9 if you want a gender). Luckily the first thing I fished was the exact clamperl I wanted, even the right gender.

You mean soft reset AFTER you get your egg? No, once you get the egg it's already been determined. Though why would you reset if you're RNGing and doing the steps properly?

Look on RNG reporter and see what frame the rash nature and whatever ability number overcoat is along with inheritance to see what frame you're on. If you're advancing the frame correctly NPCs are probably in the area screwing you over.
Sorry, i meant i soft reset when the old man has the egg.
And i dont do steps because i have set to pick it up at frame 8

Are you trying to get a different ability/gender/nature on your egg by soft resetting and hit the same time?

Also, a question from me: Once I collect the egg, I fly to Victory road to catch a random wild pokémon to see if I hit my seed. Sometimes, the IVs match frame 14, and sometimes it's frame 18. Does this matter in the same RNG process? I.e. if I get a frame 18 IV spread on my first chattering, then restart, chatter twice, get a frame 14 IV spread? Hope you understand my explanation. It's just a... curious question.

Oh okay thanks. Just one last question for now. If i'm hitting the correct seconds but the wrong delay should I keep updating EonTimer after every single try, or compile an average over a few tries and update it like that?
If you're hitting some distance from your target (5+ frames away), update every time.

If you're fairly close (within about 2-3 frames either side), keep trying and only update if you're consistently hitting the same wrong delay, as it's fairly normal to hit values within a small range - you are after all aiming for 1/60th second precision.

Edit:

Are you trying to get a different ability/gender/nature on your egg by soft resetting and hit the same time?

Also, a question from me: Once I collect the egg, I fly to Victory road to catch a random wild pokémon to see if I hit my seed. Sometimes, the IVs match frame 14, and sometimes it's frame 18. Does this matter in the same RNG process? I.e. if I get a frame 18 IV spread on my first chattering, then restart, chatter twice, get a frame 14 IV spread? Hope you understand my explanation. It's just a... curious question.
I'm guessing you have 4 pokémon in your party? If so the short trip into Victory Road may be advancing your step counter to the point where it causes an IV frame advancement.

Wait so your egg is already being held by the daycare man? If so, the ability, gender, and nature are prefixed to that egg, and will NOT change. Even if you soft-reset until the end of time. So, just keep accepting eggs, hatch, do not get what you want, release.

Wait so your egg is already being held by the daycare man? If so, the ability, gender, and nature are prefixed to that egg, and will NOT change. Even if you soft-reset until the end of time. So, just keep accepting eggs, hatch, do not get what you want, release.
Oh and the ivs will still be the same for every egg?

Even the IVs will remain the same if you keep soft-resetting when the daycare man is holding the egg. Your only option if you don't like it, is to keep breeding. (Trust me, it is PAINFUL to breed often, but I do it because I don't like cheating)

Yes.

You can change the nature/ability/gender though. You'll need a Chatot that knows chatter, and made it have a custom cry. I could explain the whole process if you want me to, but there is a lot of guides as well.

Ok I'm attempting to get a shiny Larvesta egg with near perfect IVs in everything except attack.

Now I'm confused on exactly how to find it.

In the Time Finder for the method do I select Method 5 (standard seed) or Method 5 PIDRNG? If it is PIDRNG do I check the "shiny only" box?

I'm assuming the encounter type would be "Larvesta egg."

From there what do I do with the seed? Do I copy it to the main menu and then do a search? If so what method do I select?

From there what do I do? I fully understand just abusing IVs, but when it comes to shininess and natures I'm lost ATM.

Is there a guide on here to explains getting shinies with standard abuse that I missed? I looked around and couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance!
I hate to repost this, however it appears it has been buried and no one has seen it.

Basically how do I get shinies with standard abuse?

Again thanks in advance!

You can do that with Chatot's custom cry? Never knew that.
"You learn something new everyday." -Unknown.
Well, if you're saving in front of the day care man and then reset and entering the game in a different time, it will probably be different. But lets say you hit "A" at continue screen 2011-06-01 00:01 EACH time, then the nature and IVs will be the same.

Which I assume you're doing Exiledwolf, if not, then I'm a bit unsure of how you can get the same IVs...

Oh i dont really know how to do that... any help?
I do have the chatot though
I would love to trade you one but I'm in a middle of a RNGing that doesn't seem to work out.

This guide is helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Once you get the Chatot and still need help, post here or PM me or whatever, and I'll explain it more to you.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so I´m having "fun" with a roamer
I used the forum search function and found posts about starting PID frame of roamers and now I´m quite confused

some say it´s around 550-750 for your starting PID frame if there is no prior weather before the roamer arrives and around 1500-1900 if it's raining before the roamer arrives

I found another one stating his starting frame was around 460, another one said 1900-2000...and the spanish guy´s roamer guide that got translated had a starting frame of 621...

I´m having trouble figuring out where mine is, I have no clue where to start the search and finding a pattern in 2000 frames is a bit much to ask (not to mention that wasn´t prepared to hunt down the roamer before I saved in the house, now I have to heart scale mean look hypnosis my gengar each try lol...

when I come out ouf the house, there´s a mild rain (it´s spring) and after the roamer flies off it gets heavy and stops afterwards...but the mild rain starts again on the route

the seed is B30DC7265D3F0AC2 and here´s the natures I got

+0 MODEST
+0 MODEST
+1 BASHFUL
+1 BASHFUL
+2 LAX
+5 RASH
+10 RASH
+15 QUIRKY
+20 HARDY
+23 LONELY

+x means chatots

I´m thankful for whatever help I get, at least where I should search for the starting PID frame

Well, if you're saving in front of the day care man and then reset and entering the game in a different time, it will probably be different. But lets say you hit "A" at continue screen 2011-06-01 00:01 EACH time, then the nature and IVs will be the same.

Which I assume you're doing Exiledwolf, if not, then I'm a bit unsure of how you can get the same IVs...

I would love to trade you one but I'm in a middle of a RNGing that doesn't seem to work out.

This guide is helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Once you get the Chatot and still need help, post here or PM me or whatever, and I'll explain it more to you.
Oh i do have the chatot. But, technically this means that my pid frame is 48. The one that i want (Bold, ability 1 is in 52). So that means i chatter/summary screen 4 times? to get PID 52?

I hate to repost this, however it appears it has been buried and no one has seen it.

Again thanks in advance!
The Larvesta egg have a specific encounter type. I haven't done this myself, but I assume that you should have Method 5 (Standard Seed) selected, then choose "Larvesta egg" on encounter type. But to get it shiny, I'm a bit unsure. The box "search for nearby shiny frames" should be clicked. But then the max frame should be about 200 I think... At least it is that way when RNGing for daycare shinies.

I'm not sure, but I think it works out pretty much the same way. Put in your desired IVs. Again, this guide is very helpful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Once you found a nice IV spread, you know how to do the copy full seed thing?

Oh i do have the chatot. But, technically this means that my pid frame is 48. The one that i want (Bold, ability 1 is in 52). So that means i chatter/summary screen 4 times? to get PID 52?
Correctly! However, your PID frame could be a bit tricky sometimes. But if you KNOW your is on frame 48, then chatter four times and hopefully it should work out well (which it doesn't at all for me...) I wish you good luck!

Again thanks in advance!
Which Larvesta Egg are you referring to?

If you are breeding for it - the method you would use would be Breeding (BW) (or BW International if using international parents).

If you are referring to the Egg received ingame - that uses the Larvesta Egg method.

For a bred Larvesta: You want to follow the breeding guides linked in the third post (or also just above this post!) - there's a whole lot of information there about how to breed for IVs, gender, ability, shininess. (You can also now use the Shiny Egg finder in RNG reporter, which is briefly detailed in this guide.)

For a gift Larvesta: As there's no inheritance etc. to worry about this is the same as any normal RNGd pokémon - look for a frame with the desired IVs and a nearby shiny frame, then advance the PIDRNG using a Chatot - I seem to recall a moving NPC in there though, so some frustation may ensue.

Hold on hold on. You're not doing everything correctly.

C/p the seed into the main window of RNG reporter and change the drop down to "Breeding (BW), click generate.

Start at frame 40 and look for wherever Rash is. That's your initial frame. Now get some chatots, make a custom chatter then post back for the rest of the instructions.

Hold on hold on. You're not doing everything correctly.

C/p the seed into the main window of RNG reporter and change the drop down to "Breeding (BW), click generate.

Start at frame 40 and look for wherever Rash is. That's your initial frame. Now get some chatots, make a custom chatter then post back for the rest of the instructions.
Um my frame is 41 because my roamer is release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)