Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a ref please?
I'd be happy to ref this! If you agree with a 4 day ref DQ, PM teams!
Still on my hands and knee's begging, just begging *tears well in eyes*. PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease--------Please!!!! someone sub-ref. The ref hasn't posted in almost a week!
I will subref this for my Generous side and my subreffing job! But under a few conditions:

• Please extend the DQ Time to 120 Hours, I am very busy right now.
  • I'll usually be using the Battle Frontier's format for my subreffings, so I don't need a tutor ref please.
OK, Metal Bagon?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay I want to try out my new arena, so open challenge...

4 vs. 4 Doubles
2-day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena:
ARENA: Pokemon Online Battle Simulator
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions:
  • Non-attack-based movements (e.g. dodging, "creating distance," etc.) are prohibited; the Pokemon stand in place to launch attacks.
  • ALL moves have PP! The PP of a move is equal to its in-game PP / 2, rounded up. This means that the move Fire Blast (5 PP) has 5/2^=3 PP, Leech Seed (10 PP) has 10/2=5 PP, Bullet Punch (30 PP) has 30/2=15 PP, etc., and so an individual move cannot be used more times than it has PP for the move over the course of the match (the ref will keep track of this). HP and Energy consumption are calculated normally. Recovery and Chill restrictions are enforced normally. No abilities or moves can effect the PP of a particular move (Pressure et. al. conform to ASB standards). Combo attacks take 1 PP from each attack in the combo.
  • Charge and Recharge moves (e.g. SolarBeam, Hyper Beam, Fly, Dig, etc.) take TWO ACTIONS to complete (unless particluar field effects allow them to forego the turn, e.g. Sunlight + SolarBeam) at .75x energy per turn, rounded up and have +/- 0 priority for both Actions (so Fly would cost 5 energy on each of its two turns for a total of 10, as opposed to 6 energy over 1 turn; Hyper Beam would cost 16 energy over two Actions and the Poke would do nothing on the second Action).
  • OPTIONAL: At the end of every Round, there is a 50% chance the server will crash. If this happens, Rising_Dusk must post in the battle in order to reboot the server and allow the battle to continue.

Description:

We're in trippy territory here, simulating competitive Pokemon while simulating anime-style Pokemon battling, and battling on a competitive Pokemon battling simulator. Each trainer will hook their Pokemon up to some expensive technology that allows them to compete in virtual reality against each other! So, just picture the PO experience you know so well as teams square off! The technology does not allow for spacial movement of any kind, so the competitors will just sort of stare at each other, doing damage and whatnot, and each competitor will only have a few chances to use any single move before they have to Struggle! Other than that, it's fair game!

Dropping my acceptance of Limewire's earlier challenge (sorry bud) to accept Korski's instead!

Switch=OK
No items
One ability

Humbly requesting a ref

Somehow I have once again fallen down to zero battles, this is depressing...

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
no Recs/5 Chills
Arena: Arid Desert
The region is intensely hot and dry. Nothing but endless sand and the occasional eroded stone can be seen. The default weather condition is Strong Sunlight, but it may occasionally change to Sandstorm. Rain and Hail cannot be used in any way, the environment is far too arid. This extends to any water or Ice attacks which require a source.

Somehow I have once again fallen down to zero battles, this is depressing...

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
no Recs/5 Chills
Arena: Arid Desert
The region is intensely hot and dry. Nothing but endless sand and the occasional eroded stone can be seen. The default weather condition is Strong Sunlight, but it may occasionally change to Sandstorm. Rain and Hail cannot be used in any way, the environment is far too arid. This extends to any water or Ice attacks which require a source.
Hmm, I'll take this on (and cancel the other match with Ragnarokalex :()
All Abilities
Can't Switch
No Items

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll ref the above. Send me One Pokemon only, & I'll get the thread up soon.

Also, subref for the Audience match three posts above will be appreciated. VM me if you're interested.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dropping my acceptance of Limewire's earlier challenge (sorry bud) to accept Korski's instead!
no problem Flamestrike.

----------------------

Limewire wants a match.

3 vs 3 Doubles (I use stage 1 and fully evolved Pokemon)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery / 5 chills

Arena (stolen from Its_A_Random from the Arena Compendium since I'm lazy):

Arena: Oasis Arena by Its_A_Random

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

Challenge #3:

3v3 triples
No moves that require an external water source (as per arena description)
3 day DQ time for players, 7 day DQ time for ref (but I will start pestering after 3 days)
Arena: Jungle Bash

A jungle-themed arena. There's no external water source for moves like Surf, but everything else is allowed (including weather, Dig and Earthquake).

At the end of each round, 5 items will spawn. Each item has a 70% chance of being a stone box, a 10% chance of being a TNT box, a 10% chance of being a Nitro box and a 10% chance of being a Wumpa fruit. The effects are as follows:
  • Stone box: Can be picked up and thrown at opponents. This is treated as a charge-up attack that costs 7 energy and can be disrupted by multi-hit moves. Picking up the box has a priority of 1 and throwing it has a priority of -1. If successful, the box does 25 damage to the target. Alternatively, the box can be kicked into opponents (takes an action and 5 energy). This will do 10 damage to the target.
  • TNT box: This can be picked up and thrown in the same way as the stone box, except it costs 8 energy and does 50 damage to the target and, if the throw is disrupted by a multi-hit move, the TNT box explodes and the holder takes 30 damage. Unlike the stone box, kicking the TNT box will make it explode and deal 30 damage to the kicker.
  • Nitro box: Just avoid these. Touching them in any way will do 30 damage to the pokemon. Of course, you can try pushing your opponents into a Nitro box.
  • Wumpa fruit: Can be picked up (takes an action and 6 energy) and eaten (takes another action and another 6 energy). The pokemon restores 25 HP and 10 energy and the last status effect it acquired is removed.
I will take ... Objection's third challenge.

Switch = N/A
Items = No
Abilities = All
This battle is needing a ref.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lord Jesseus accepts.
No switching/no items/all abilities, mkay? I'll ref this so PM teams.

Korski said:
Okay I want to try out my new arena, so open challenge...

4 vs. 4 Doubles
2-day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena:

ARENA: Pokemon Online Battle Simulator

Restrictions:
  • Non-attack-based movements (e.g. dodging, "creating distance," etc.) are prohibited; the Pokemon stand in place to launch attacks.
  • ALL moves have PP! The PP of a move is equal to its in-game PP / 2, rounded up. This means that the move Fire Blast (5 PP) has 5/2^=3 PP, Leech Seed (10 PP) has 10/2=5 PP, Bullet Punch (30 PP) has 30/2=15 PP, etc., and so an individual move cannot be used more times than it has PP for the move over the course of the match (the ref will keep track of this). HP and Energy consumption are calculated normally. Recovery and Chill restrictions are enforced normally. No abilities or moves can effect the PP of a particular move (Pressure et. al. conform to ASB standards). Combo attacks take 1 PP from each attack in the combo.
  • Charge and Recharge moves (e.g. SolarBeam, Hyper Beam, Fly, Dig, etc.) take TWO ACTIONS to complete (unless particluar field effects allow them to forego the turn, e.g. Sunlight + SolarBeam) at .75x energy per turn, rounded up and have +/- 0 priority for both Actions (so Fly would cost 5 energy on each of its two turns for a total of 10, as opposed to 6 energy over 1 turn; Hyper Beam would cost 16 energy over two Actions and the Poke would do nothing on the second Action).
  • OPTIONAL: At the end of every Round, there is a 50% chance the server will crash. If this happens, Rising_Dusk must post in the battle in order to reboot the server and allow the battle to continue.

Description:

We're in trippy territory here, simulating competitive Pokemon while simulating anime-style Pokemon battling, and battling on a competitive Pokemon battling simulator. Each trainer will hook their Pokemon up to some expensive technology that allows them to compete in virtual reality against each other! So, just picture the PO experience you know so well as teams square off! The technology does not allow for spacial movement of any kind, so the competitors will just sort of stare at each other, doing damage and whatnot, and each competitor will only have a few chances to use any single move before they have to Struggle! Other than that, it's fair game!

Switch=OK
No items
One ability

Humbly requesting a ref
How the hell is this going to work. Taking (unless my eyes are terrible and this was taken already). PM teams.

edit: k, thanks for the notification pimpgangster!

someone please ref them triples, i suck at them.

Gonna go ahead and throw out two new challenges. I will forgo the choice of arena to the acceptor so long as it is nothing too outlandish/restricting.

1v1 Singles
2 day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills

3v3 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
First stage Pokemon only (no single stage pokes)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1v1 Singles
2 day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills
I'd like to give this a go. No fully evolved mons if that's okay.

Arena: some farm area
- there are cows mooing, sheeps baaing, roosters cockadooing, pigs oinking, etc. uh yeah they're actually not doing anything in particular - they're just there to watch the battle :) (kill any of them and die)
- any move is allowed; there's a nearby lake for water needs, trees and grassland at places, and some random dirt near the lake.
- basically there really isn't any restrictions!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna go ahead and throw out two new challenges. I will forgo the choice of arena to the acceptor so long as it is nothing too outlandish/restricting.

1v1 Singles
2 day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills

3v3 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
First stage Pokemon only (no single stage pokes)
I'd like to give this a go. No fully evolved mons if that's okay.

Arena: some farm area
- there are cows mooing, sheeps baaing, roosters cockadooing, pigs oinking, etc. uh yeah they're actually not doing anything in particular - they're just there to watch the battle :) (kill any of them and die)
- any move is allowed; there's a nearby lake for water needs, trees and grassland at places, and some random dirt near the lake.
- basically there really isn't any restrictions!
I'll ref this, as an apprentice ref with Darkamber being my tutor ref, if you two wouldn't mind. Please PM teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)