Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wait a minute! I've got two slots left, gotta fix.

Challenge One: Beginner
Beginner Battle:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Tournament ASB Arena (unless someone has a better idea)

Challenge Two: Open Battle
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
I want to try out my first arena concept
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenge Two: Open Battle
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
I want to try out my first arena concept
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.
I'll take this one

Switch = KO
No Items
One Ability

I'm still a little irked at Fire Blast Ninja'ing me... So there's only one logical thing to do.

CHALLENGING FIRE BLAST!
3v3 Singles. (Little Cups)
2 Recoveries/ 5 Chills
3 Day DQ

And the Arena? The one that took 3 minutes too long to think of.

Arena; Forest without Consequence.

Fairly neutral area, about 15 foot tall trees creating a tranquil green canopy. Open clearing inbetween the trainers, with a 10 foot deep lake about 50 feet from the center of the clearing. All moves are usable, and the trees themselves are unbreakable. Simple, chilled, shaded. Great for an obligatory nap afterwards. =]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A quick battle is a good battle.

OPEN CHALLENGE
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
PM only 1 Pokemon to the ref
Arena: Deferred to the opponent. NO ASB TOURNAMENT ARENA!!!

Hey wait a minute! I've got two slots left, gotta fix.

Challenge One: Beginner
Beginner Battle:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Tournament ASB Arena (unless someone has a better idea)
Accept'd

Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities

Looking for a battle.

1v1
Singles
1 day DQ
2 chills/0 recovers
ASB Tournament Arena
All mons used must be Basic (aka first stage)
No FEs
Send 3 mons to ref
Accept'd

Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities

A quick battle is a good battle.

OPEN CHALLENGE
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
PM only 1 Pokemon to the ref
Arena: Deferred to the opponent. NO ASB TOURNAMENT ARENA!!!
I'll take it, IAR. FireBlast is busy, so use the Arena above.

Switch = OK (lol jk)
No items
1 Ability

Ref please. =]
You have the misfortune of being my new referee-ees.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge!
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ (Rock-hard, and applies for refs too)
0 Chills/Recovers
ASB Tournament Arena
accepting the above

Switch = KO
no items
all abilities
forgotten? if it is, pm teams since i'll ref.

Challenge 1: CHALLENGING TRAVELLOG
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Chills/Recovers
Tournament Arena
(It's Croagunk + Haunter vs. Riolu + Prinplup; hopefully not too one-sided?)
Accepting Engineer's challenge with the following caveat:
If the match looks like it is super one-sided the ref an implement a crazy occurrence to slightly even the odds.

Items=none
Abilities=one
was this taken or forgotten? if forgotten, then i'll ref.

I'll take this one

Switch = KO
No Items
One Ability
hi (EDIT: Fire Blast sucks, I'm reffing.)

Accept'd

Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities
k (EDIT: deadfox081 will be taking this, PM him your teams!)

Looking for a battle.

1v1
Singles
1 day DQ
2 chills/0 recovers
ASB Tournament Arena
All mons used must be Basic (aka first stage)
No FEs
Send 3 mons to ref
Darkamber8828 said:
Accept'd

Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities
sure

(aka pm me your teams and i'll ref your battles)

IF anyone wants to ref one or more of these matches, please tell me before I post the thread and I'll give it to you (the PMs and all).

Everyone needs more battle slots!

2v2 Doubles
DQ: 2 days
Recover: 3, Chill: 5
Arena: The Mega Tree
-Giant tree with incredibly thick branches and a trunk that can easily hide small Pokemon. Pokemon must be unevolved, and if a Pokemon is knocked out of the tree, they will take 10 damage and have to spend an action climbing back up the tree. A Pokemon climbing back up cannot be attacked or targeted by effects while they haul themselves back up.
Well lets see some parkour tree action!
All abilities
No Items
Switch=Unpossible

3 VS 3 Singles
2 day Player DQ, 3 day ref DQ
2 recoveries/5 Chills/50HP substitutes
Bring your strongest... (this is not training!)
Arena: Challenger's choice
Arena Restrictions: Must have an unlimited Water Source
50HP substitutes means the total HP for Substitute for the battle must not exceed 50 Hit Points (i.e.: no more than 2 25HP substitutes)
Excuse me, this is an open challenge...

I want to reserve this challenge if possible, dropping my seek, because I need to wait for a prize approval.

Switch = KO
One ability
No Items
Bring your strongest...
Arena: Industrial Automations
One of the world's foremost manufacture and production facilities, Industrial Automations prides itself on top of line technology. The facility is large enough for any conceivable need, and is filled with massive varieties of machinery, enhancing the senses of Steel-types and lowering the energy cost of Steel-type moves by 1 while raising their BP by the same amount. As a manufacturing facility, fire is a serious concern. Because of this, the use of a Fire-type move with BP greater than or equal to 10 will cause the Sprinker System to activate, acting like Water Sport for 2-3 rounds. Seismic activity and digging are possible, and pipes carrying water allow for powerful water attacks. However, seismic activity and digging can have unpredictable consequences:
10% chance of a blown gasket, resulting in heated steam pumping throughout the facility, lowering the accuracy of all non-Steel, Ghost, and Poison types and necessitating greater exertion, increasing energy costs by 1.
10% chance of a short circuit, leaving the offending pokemon fully paralyzed.
10% of a chemical spill, Badly Poisoning all non-Steel or Poison types.
5% chance of an explosion, dealing damage equal to (15-[def rank x 2]) to all pokemon, regardless of typing.

Please 1 trick room allowed, OK?
Actually, nevermind. I'll have a scheduled battle in a moment...elDino will post it

OPEN CHALLENGE
3 vs 3 singles
36 hour DQ for ref and participants
1 recover, 5 chills
Arena: Rafting challenge

The battle takes place in/above a river filled with rapids and moving rather quickly. For combatants without access to the levitate command/ability or flying type (swimming mons are also exempt), they will be inside of a raft they must use to navigate the river. One raft is 100 feet ahead of the other. Each action, the Pokemon has the option of paddling to decrease the distance by 50 feet, or increase the distance by 50 feet. Additionally, each Pokemon can be knocked into the river by a suitable force (up to ref's disgression). If in the water, they must expend 10 energy and an action to get back on the raft. Or, they can fight in the water. However, all projectile/ranged attacks (close-range attacks normally would not work) only have a 50% chance of hitting due to the difficulties in aiming and keeping on the surface in the fast water. Additionally, every round there is a 20% chance of rapids appearing at the end, giving a 70% chance of knocking either side out of the raft, and dealing 10 damage to any Pokemon in the water.

Complicated enough for you?

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
me and Lyris agreed to a battle on IRC.

4v4 doubles.
7 day DQ (I will be on holiday for a while) although this will be lowered during the battle to 1 day DQ when I'm not away.
No move restrictions.

Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

OPEN CHALLENGE
3 vs 3 singles
36 hour DQ for ref and participants
1 recover, 5 chills
Arena: Rafting challenge

The battle takes place in/above a river filled with rapids and moving rather quickly. For combatants without access to the levitate command/ability or flying type (swimming mons are also exempt), they will be inside of a raft they must use to navigate the river. One raft is 100 feet ahead of the other. Each action, the Pokemon has the option of paddling to decrease the distance by 50 feet, or increase the distance by 50 feet. Additionally, each Pokemon can be knocked into the river by a suitable force (up to ref's disgression). If in the water, they must expend 10 energy and an action to get back on the raft. Or, they can fight in the water. However, all projectile/ranged attacks (close-range attacks normally would not work) only have a 50% chance of hitting due to the difficulties in aiming and keeping on the surface in the fast water. Additionally, every round there is a 20% chance of rapids appearing at the end, giving a 70% chance of knocking either side out of the raft, and dealing 10 damage to any Pokemon in the water.

Complicated enough for you?
This sounds like fun. LC or fully evolved?
switch=ko, no items, all abilities

Open challenge!
4v4 triples
2 day DQ
1 recover, 5 chills

Arena: Ruins of Alph. A large underground chamber, so no Surf or weather. Any kind of damage done to the structure will anger the Unowns, who will proceed to hit anyboby they can reach with supereffective Hidden Powers.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I challenge Engineer!

2 v 2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Bans

Arena: Swamp of Sorrow. A depressing place which slows down all non Flying Type, Poison Type, or Levitating mons. THe arena is surrounding by trees, but the moisture in the air makes the trees immune to flames for a long term period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)