Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend (ToastTyrant13) and I decided to have a little fun; we're looking for a challenge.

Open Challenge to be specific
1+1 v 1+1
2 Day DQ
2 recover/5 chills
Looking for a talented ref
Arena: 11 Island
Stage 1 Pokemon (ex: Torchic, yes; Mawile, no)

Challenger pciks abilities
Challenger 2 picks Items/Lack Thereof
Tyrant picks nothing :D

Albinoloon
ToastTyrant13
xX~*~ vs ~*~Xx
Woodchuck
jas61292

An undiscovered counterpart to the Sevii Islands, 11 Island is not a tourist destination. The arena is a 40x40 wooden platform in the canopy of an undiscovered jungle. Trees surround the arena, so a nimble pokemon can leap from limb to limb with ease. The inhabitants are mysterious poison typed misquito-based pokemon which have never been seen, that are known to suck the life out of you with a Giga Drain attack. They can also utilize the moisture in the air to fire off a Hydro Pump. This is a tropical island, so storms are a common sight- especially at this time of day. Every second, the storm's precipitation changes, from rain, to storm, to hail, and even high-speed winds! This battle is being recored for a documentary set on getting this unseen pokemon on film, so the combatants have a chance to see it post-battle or even mid-battle!

Summary
- 40x40 wooden platform surrounded by trees
- 15% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Giga Drain every action
- 5% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Hydro Pump every action
- 25% Rain; 25% chance of strong rain; 25% chance of hail; 20% clear weather; 5% chance 12 damage to every pokemon(every round)
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a unknown pokemon!

Ready to go!
Looking for a ref c:

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for 2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recovers/2 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to ref
Pokemon must be at lowest evolution and be able to evolve.
Tourney Arena

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its_A_Random & Temperantia vs. Lord Jesseus & Lyris1035

3v3+3v3 TT Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon max
NFE Mons
One Ability
Switch=OK
Items=On

Arena: Gliscor's Peak
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Digging

Description: THE SETTING
Gliscor's Peak is a place 900m above sea level set on a wide, flat rocky expanse, about 100mx100m in size. Surrounding the place is several other mountainous peaks, which is only there for flavour. There are rocks around in this expanse if you want to use moves like Rock Slide.

THE COMPLEX PART
Gliscor's Peak is home to a Gliscor hailed by locals as "The King". This Gliscor is not happy that a battle is taking place here & right from the outset, he'll attack. Each action, he'll target a random Pokemon with a random move from his movepool. He has unlimited energy, but he has finite HP. If you knock him out, the Pokemon that does gains 20 HP & Energy for free. However, after 6 actions, he'll regain consciousness & start attacking again. Also, every 6 actions, he'll summon a swarm of Gligar that will hit everyone.

GLISCOR'S STATS

Gliscor (M)
Nature: Adamant

HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 95

Ability:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Attacks:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Poison Jab
Quick Attack
Faint Attack
Acrobatics
Night Slash
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Guillotine
Gligar Swarm (Flying Type, 8 BAP, hits everyone, no added effect)
"Donk!" i.e. Bump, we need a ref.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have absolutely no idea of what "Donk!" means, but if it stands for "I need a ref please", I'll take it. PM teams.

If not. well, I better not ask.

Bumping this, as I need a ref:
Open challenge!
2 vs 2 singles
All NFE's legal. I will be using second stage mons.
36 hour DQ for participants, 48 hour for ref
2 recover, 5 chill
Arena: Philmont Base Camp 2011

A dusty clearing 20 by 50 feet in the middle of lines of tents. The sun is shining brightly, but every round there is a 30% chance of a sandstorm occuring for the round. After the sandstorm, the sun will resume. To avoid messing with the weather pattern, weather moves are banned. Additionally, fire moves are banned due to the extreme fire danger in the area. Additionally, the low humidity makes water moves impossible to perform, and the high heat will reduce the BP of Ice moves by 2. Other than those restrictions, there's not much to say.
Sounds interesting (i think you mean that only NFE are allowed)
Still, i'll take it

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
and throwing this out here (note, I will be using FE mons):

OPEN CHALLENGE
6 vs 6 singles
36 hour DQ, 3 days for ref
1 recover, 5 chills
Arena: Rafting challenge

The battle takes place in/above a river filled with rapids and moving rather quickly. For combatants without access to the levitate command/ability or flying type (swimming mons are also exempt), they will be inside of a raft they must use to navigate the river. One raft is 100 feet ahead of the other. Each action, the Pokemon has the option of paddling to decrease the distance by 50 feet, or increase the distance by 50 feet. Additionally, each Pokemon can be knocked into the river by a suitable force (up to ref's disgression). If in the water, they must expend 10 energy and an action to get back on the raft. Or, they can fight in the water. However, all projectile/ranged attacks (close-range attacks normally would not work) only have a 50% chance of hitting due to the difficulties in aiming and keeping on the surface in the fast water. Additionally, every round there is a 20% chance of rapids appearing at the end, giving a 70% chance of knocking either side out of the raft, and dealing 10 damage to any Pokemon in the water.

Complicated enough for you?

OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
3 day DQ
Arena: Indigo League (Standard ASB Tournament Arena)
I'm using either fully evolved or ready to evolve into fully evolved so be prepared for that

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Rediamond
Bumping this, as I need a ref:
Originally Posted by Fat Rediamond
Open challenge!
2 vs 2 singles
All NFE's legal. I will be using second stage mons.
36 hour DQ for participants, 48 hour for ref
2 recover, 5 chill
Arena: Philmont Base Camp 2011

A dusty clearing 20 by 50 feet in the middle of lines of tents. The sun is shining brightly, but every round there is a 30% chance of a sandstorm occuring for the round. After the sandstorm, the sun will resume. To avoid messing with the weather pattern, weather moves are banned. Additionally, fire moves are banned due to the extreme fire danger in the area. Additionally, the low humidity makes water moves impossible to perform, and the high heat will reduce the BP of Ice moves by 2. Other than those restrictions, there's not much to say.
Originally Posted by Fat Gerard
Sounds interesting (i think you mean that only NFE are allowed)
Still, i'll take it

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items
Alright you got a ref. PM me your 3 'mons, apiece (or 2 if you're feeling confident).

Originally Posted by Fat Albinoloon
Originally Posted by Fat AlphaJolt
OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
3 day DQ
Arena: Indigo League (Standard ASB Tournament Arena)
I'm using either fully evolved or ready to evolve into fully evolved so be prepared for that
I accept.

No items
All abilities
And you get a ref too! PMs...

My friend (ToastTyrant13) and I decided to have a little fun; we're looking for a challenge.

Open Challenge to be specific
1+1 v 1+1
2 Day DQ
2 recover/5 chills
Looking for a talented ref
Arena: 11 Island
Stage 1 Pokemon (ex: Torchic, yes; Mawile, no)

Challenger pciks abilities
Challenger 2 picks Items/Lack Thereof
Tyrant picks nothing :D

Albinoloon
ToastTyrant13
xX~*~ vs ~*~Xx
Woodchuck
jas61292

An undiscovered counterpart to the Sevii Islands, 11 Island is not a tourist destination. The arena is a 40x40 wooden platform in the canopy of an undiscovered jungle. Trees surround the arena, so a nimble pokemon can leap from limb to limb with ease. The inhabitants are mysterious poison typed misquito-based pokemon which have never been seen, that are known to suck the life out of you with a Giga Drain attack. They can also utilize the moisture in the air to fire off a Hydro Pump. This is a tropical island, so storms are a common sight- especially at this time of day. Every second, the storm's precipitation changes, from rain, to storm, to hail, and even high-speed winds! This battle is being recored for a documentary set on getting this unseen pokemon on film, so the combatants have a chance to see it post-battle or even mid-battle!

Summary
- 40x40 wooden platform surrounded by trees
- 15% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Giga Drain every action
- 5% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Hydro Pump every action
- 25% Rain; 25% chance of strong rain; 25% chance of hail; 20% clear weather; 5% chance 12 damage to every pokemon(every round)
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a unknown pokemon!

Ready to go!
still need a ref

Glacier Knight stumbled into the large tower, hoping not to disturb its boisterous residents. The crowd of people had grown slightly since Glacier's departure, and now he was back for only a short time, ready to take on a new opponent.

"hi everyone! who wants to battle?" the teen called out cheerfully, but he wasn't sure anyone heard him and the loud banter continued. "Oh well," Glacier shrugged, sticking a piece of paper on one of the battle tower's many walls. "i guess i'll just leave the battle info here. hope someone is up for a quick battle!"

Glacier Knight has returned for a short period of time!
Battle him while you can!

Open challenge:
1vs1 singles
1 day DQ (super quick!)
No recovers, 2 chills

The arena choice is up to the person who accepts the challenge, but they must choose one of the arenas i have created and posted in the arena compendium (find them here)

i hope someone wants to battle! i leave back for work monday night, so as long as we are quick this 1vs1 should be speedy and fun!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Aiming for a speedy battle (risky, I know)! Accepting Glacier Knight!

Arena:
Magnetic Bay: A surreal place that was found by accident, Magnetic Bay “attracts” the most adventurous Trainers out there. Think of a nice, relaxing beach by the bay, with tall mountains at the tips where the land separates the bay from the sea. Magnetic Bay is like that, but it gives the beach scene a whole new twist. The sand is fine lodestone, and it gives the beach a dark feel to it. On the sand there are also scraps of iron, though most are covered in the sand, as they are magnetic. As you make your way to the water, you will see it’s not actually water, but Mercury! How on earth can trainers be around such a deadly element, and how can pokemon battle around and in it? Who knows, but that’s the way it is. The mercury seems not to kill the pokemon, though if in contact they will receive mercury poisoning (like toxic). At the tips of the Magnetic bay are two large mountains, which almost completely block off the bay from the sea. They are composed mostly of lodestone as well, creating more magnetic fields, and these two masses of magnetic rock probably explain how there are floating rocks! Yes, the most interesting thing about Magnetic Bay is that over the Mercury lies (well floats) large chunks of rock, and because of certain magnetic fields (I won’t get into the scientific details and whatnot) the rocks float precariously over the bay! Most of the chunks are big enough for even the largest and heaviest of pokemon, though there are some smaller ones. The position of the floating rocks are not in a pattern: some are really high up above the bay, some are only ten feet above the liquid metal, and so on. The weather here is always cloudy, though it rarely precipitates.
Summary: no dig/EQ, weather moves can be used. There are many magnetic objects here, so steel types will be affected accordingly. If a pokemon makes contact with the mercury they will not die or burn or whatever they would do if it was real life, instead they receive mercury poisoning (like toxic). There are floating chunks of rock where pokemon can battle, and there are pieces of iron in the sand.

No abilities, No Items, Switch = N/A

Well, that was quick. PM teams, I'll have the match up after I run a few errands, and then I'll have it reffed as fast as you have actions for me!

Well, only way to test if an arena's good is through repeated testing :).
Beginner Battle
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)